[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>For many years biologists and philosophers debated what constitutes

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 17

File: 2312.png (98KB, 266x233px) Image search: [Google]
2312.png
98KB, 266x233px
>For many years biologists and philosophers debated what constitutes life, and the definition often involved the ability to self-replicate or have genetic machinery for some fundamental processes. Viruses were often excluded from that definition of life, partly because they use the genetic machinery of their hosts for replication and other essential functions. But most species have to use some aspects of the genetic machinery of other species at some point in their life cycle. In fact, some viruses are more complicated than some other forms of life, because they often have a complex life history that involves a parasitic stage and a free-living stage used to find new hosts.
>It is, then, no clear place to draw the line. Viruses are in many ways the most successful lifestyle on earth. They have outsourced to other species almost everything needed to sustain them, and in doing so they have become the most numerous form of life. Some obligate bacterial parasites and mutualists have genomes so small and lifestyles so dependent on a host that they are at the interface between organisms and organelles.
Woah, NEETs are becoming the most succesful life on the planet and the next step in evolution.

Really makes you think huh wagie?
>>
>>36233848
>comparing yourself to a parasite

Sad such a thing would remind you of yourself
>>
File: 15432.png (96KB, 266x233px) Image search: [Google]
15432.png
96KB, 266x233px
>>36233895
Search for symbiotic viruses dear wagie. You might learn a thing or two!
Remember: societies with high numbers of NEETs are the most prosperous. Without NEETs societies crumble all too easily.
>>
>>36233955
>societies with high numbers of NEETs are the most prosperous.

Not because of the neets themselves. God damn no wonder you don't have a job.

This is not the future you wanted for yourself. Get a job.
>>
>>36233986
>getah aw vobb !!

hahah poor poor wagie
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32KB, 640x400px
>>36233848
This educates wagies. NEETs of course knew this already.
>>
fucking wagies, when will they learn?
>>
>>36234401
>>36234468
>>36234508

>NEET intellectuals

How do your parents feel about all this?
>>
>>36233955
>societies with high numbers of NEETs are the most prosperous
If you were halfway intelligent you would know that such a claim requires proofs.
>>
>>36234608
>m-muh parentals !

KEK, you're such a fucking slave
>>
>tfw have to go catch the bus in 40 minutes
>tfw I hear rain outside
h-how to become neet?
>>
>>36234941
>phone the gubmint
>smack lips
>"ayoo hol up gibs me dem neet bucks mr"
>"ok tyrone what is the reason"
>"i is autistic yo"
>"very well then"

enjoy
>>
>>36234933
Voluntarily working for money is not the same as slavery. Go back to your anime.
>>
>>36234971
Go back to sucking your parents dick
>>
>>36234971
the jews have trained you well, it's almost like you believe what you are say
>>
>>36234941
Pretend to be a low functioning autistic like the rest of these imbeciles
>>
>>36234997
holy shit how triggered r u?
>>
>>36234983
>muh jewz
If anything the Jews would want westerners to not work so that they could be replaced by the Muslim barbarians. Resulting in the death and rape of westerners. This then results in a rise in nationalism, with undercover Jews leading these movements which will then become the dominant political party, meaning Israel can grow and safe guard itself.
>>
>>36233848
We get it you have no job or motivation.
I know you already know this but, nobody gives a shit about.
About you or your sad lifestyle.
Nobody cares about the only validation in life is posting on an internet forum, trying to rationalize your generally fruitlessness, by attempting to enrage people with jobs in a vain attempt at convincing yourself you're not wasting your life.
>>
File: image.jpg (99KB, 720x715px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99KB, 720x715px
>>36233848
While NEETs and viruses share several distinct features, they can't be said to be analogous as viruses actually have a method of passing on their genes.
>>
File: rekt.jpg (45KB, 450x350px) Image search: [Google]
rekt.jpg
45KB, 450x350px
>>36235113
They aren't called wage-"cucks" for nothing
>>
File: 1312.png (75KB, 262x208px) Image search: [Google]
1312.png
75KB, 262x208px
>>36235113
It doesn't matter when your sibling shares 50 percent of your genes
>>
File: 1441.png (106KB, 268x252px) Image search: [Google]
1441.png
106KB, 268x252px
>>36235109
*Takes a sip of his chocolate chili tea*
You sound a bit mad wagie. Anyway, it is almost time for my hour long walk.
>>
>tfw smug neet threads wn go back to 400+ responses
>>
>>36235278
>>tfw smug neet threads wn go back to 400+ responses

Yea, they will.
>>
>>36235238
You won't take an hour long walk, nobody is mad, there's no reason to be mad.
I'm not going to bore you with a lecture, so I'll sum it up nicely: You're sad, and until you change you will always be sad.
>>
>>36235303
You're clearly mad, though. Everyone in this thread is angry at something or someone
>>
>>36235278
reee delet this asfghjk
>>
>>36233848
Viruses have no self awareness (then again, neither do you), they failed at existing. Like a rock.
>>
File: 1a1.png (86KB, 289x211px) Image search: [Google]
1a1.png
86KB, 289x211px
>>36235303
Interesting claim. Are you sure you are not angry? I do not think your attitude is very healthy. You seem to hold a grudge against the NEET community.

Remember that failed states usually lack NEETs, there is a reason for that. You should be glad that the NEET community keeps society prosperous and safe.
>>
>female coworkers are bored and pissed because there's no losers to bully and gaslight

Get mad, you fucking whores.

God damn do I love the comfy lifestyle. Think I'm gonna start a new tribal colony on Rimworld today while getting high as shit.
>>
>>36235459
I'm not sure what my self awareness has to do with the analogy, but if you want to go there than it can be said that it's NEETs that lack self awareness.

The only thing standing between you and a productive and spiritually/physically fulfilling life is your perception of yourself in relation to society. Your situation is almost entirely in your control, you're just too lazy or afraid to make an effort to change.
>>
>>36235190
Those aren't YOUR genes though. It's just similar to yours. Your point is trash.
>>
>>36233848
there is a big problem with your analogy

while viruses pass on there genes and reproduce though others, you dont reproduce at all.
>>
File: 121.png (201KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
121.png
201KB, 409x409px
>>36235545
You share them, that's the point wagie ragie. As for reproduction, NEETs are more of a cultural reproducer.
To take one example: many philosophers were NEETs.
>>
>>36235616
>NEETs are literally a social meme
>>
File: !1!.png (204KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
!1!.png
204KB, 409x409px
>>36235587
>you dont reproduce at all
Like I said: NEETs reproduce culturally. Think of us as monks. Like monks we keep higher culture alive.
>>
Studies have shown, using ants, that NEETs are beneficial and necessary to society.
>>
>>36235616
I'm watching a lot of Mr. Rogers and Bob Ross for inspiration on a kid-friendly YouTube series that warns young boys about the evils of "peer pressure" (women influence).

The animation is shit and stick figures, but I think I'll get my point across innocently enough.
>>
>>36235616
>He thinks I'm a wagie
>He thinks I'm not getting studentbux while not attending
Sharing things doesn't make them yours. And back in antiquity philosophy was a career which could actually pay the bills, of which there were none because it was a different society. They still made money with books and speeches.

I like how you call yourself a cultural reproducer though. You admit you recycle things and don't contribute to culture.

But lets assume you're the philosopher you dream about being: what philosophical work have you produced lately? Doesn't have to be published or even good. What do you have that demonstrates you are a philosopher?
>>
>>36235664
bull shit, you destroy civilization, remember greece?
>first time they fell was because of too much self introspection and let foreign entities take over
>second time they went bankrupt because they had too many NEETs

you are akin to a virus as you kill whatever host you live in
>>
>>36234896

He's probably right. Successful societies have more welfare so more people can afford not to work.
>>
File: 3!3.png (97KB, 325x216px) Image search: [Google]
3!3.png
97KB, 325x216px
>>36235674
>But lets assume you're the philosopher you dream about being
*Giggles*
Funny you should say that. I actually do not dream of being a philosopher. I do follow my own philosophy that combines existentialism, antifragilism, daoism, stoicism and NEET life but it is barely finished and not yet as robust.

Rather I am mostly learning, occasionally write poetry and spend long walks pondering about the questions in life. Eventually I will have to drop my magnum opus but it is still far from being done.

I can use all the free time to work on something great.
>>
>>36235806
So you have a smattering of different philosophical schools you subscribe to but all your pondering is done in your head.

You know great philosophers put pen to paper for years sometimes before they even had some semblance of a draft of their great works. You haven't even arrived at that stage.

How old are you? Are you even old enough to have developed a core philosophical permanence of thought or is it still evolving and growing?

How does your philosophy account for things you haven't experienced and therefore likely don't understand? Explain your philosophy to me I want to learn it.
>>
File: 1488998485148.png (163KB, 409x410px) Image search: [Google]
1488998485148.png
163KB, 409x410px
>>36235616
>To take one example: many philosophers were NEETs.
That is a good point to raise. Society owes much to the NEETs.
>>
I see the wagies are still upset at our condition. Well wagie, in my spare time, I've taught myself programming and four foreign languages. I've also indulged in philosophy and sociology, having read works of philosophers like Comte. Now I'm starting to dabble into independent game development.

Taking the NEETpill is the best choice one could ever pick, you can learn so much when you're not breaking your back for shekelstein.
>>
>>36235890
>Sociology
Jesus Christ. It's one thing to do nothing but it's a whole other level to spend your time studying sociology. What the fuck anon
>>
>>36235890
it is in our nature to act in a way to preserve our way of life, NEETs are a threat to western civilization, numbers to vast, the more numerous you become, the more hell us wagies must endure. So do not blaim me for acting out my nature, a host needs to purge the sickly cells in its system.
>>
>>36235913
>implying sociology isn't one of the most important studies next to psychology
It's like you are philosophically inept
>>
File: 1489005800248.jpg (50KB, 413x276px) Image search: [Google]
1489005800248.jpg
50KB, 413x276px
>>36235948
You have it much backwards, friend. Society exists to provide for the NEET, much like your body exists to provide for your brain, yes.
>>
File: 1492033284583.jpg (152KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1492033284583.jpg
152KB, 409x409px
>>36235913
Why stop with programming and software engineering? When you have so much time on your hands you can study anything. Being a well-rounded individual is a strong personality trait. Oh wait, wagies don't know anything about being a well-rounded person; they gave up their personalities a long time ago in the name of meager wages and long hours.
>>
>>36235718
No, he's obviously wrong. The highest amount of NEETs are in failed societies, where most people can't even get a job.
>>
>>36235974
the body provides for the useful. Fapping to chinese cartoons and staying in your room all day is in what way useful to society? Even if you learned many things, what use is knowledge without title or station or peers is worthless. Everyone knows that everything depends on who you know, not what you know.
>>
>>36235979
>He keeps wagie strawmanning me despite me not being a wagie
>He thinks being well-rounded matters when you do nothing with it
>Might as well have a thick 9" cock but are a socially inept, ugly virgin who will never use it

>>36235955
Sociology has basically become the realm of the SJW. You aren't an SJW are you sociologycuck?
>>
>>36236045
The body does not decide what is useful to the brain, no? The body is there to be at the disposal fof the brain, much like the wage-person must toil for the sake of the NEETlord.
>>
File: T7!7T.png (111KB, 330x264px) Image search: [Google]
T7!7T.png
111KB, 330x264px
>>36235871
I've made some drafts sure. It is hard work because when new information comes to light I rewrite some of my notes. And some are not written as good as you might notice from my replies as well.

I hope to combine it not just with philosophy but findings in psychology to make it more rigorous.

I make some notes sure, but most are summaries of what've learned so far and I haven't figured it all out. Luckily I am provided with enough free time to do just that.

When I finish it, if I do, it will be groundbreaking and cause a huge paradigm shift. I think my magnum opus will bring us into a second axial age.

Well, I postponed my walking a bit but will be going soon. My fellow NEETs will discuss this futher. Hopefully you will understand how much the NEET life is worth to society.
>>
File: 1491361162717.jpg (48KB, 253x229px) Image search: [Google]
1491361162717.jpg
48KB, 253x229px
>>36236053
Your defensiveness is your inner wagecuck talking. I've seen it too many times. Just relax; if you're not a wagie, surely you have the time to relax, right? Take a nap, read a book, learn a new language... there's so much you can do to quell your inner wagecuckoldry.
>>
>>36236053
Regardless of the people who study sociology, it's an important field of study.
>>
>>36236084
you know what happens after the host dies, the virus continues to multiply, consuming all that it was, until there is nothing but bones, and the sun, where they parish from the harmful rays.

you NEETs will consume everything that society built and strived for after its fall until there is nothing left, and then perish in the sun
>>
>>36236127
Maybe. I hate basically being a NEET. I want to not care but I have a drive to do something with my life. I don't want to sit at home on other peoples money.

>>36236131
Explain why. While I may not agree with everyone else I certainly think you're the biggest fuck up here. Who willingly studies sociology?
>>
>>36236165
We can conceive of some scenario in which the brain lives on without the body, but the reverse is impossible to imagine, as a brain-dead person may at best serve as the receptacle of another brain.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.