[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I-is aerospace engineering a good route for robots, or am I falling

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 61709001_p0.png (222KB, 950x1000px) Image search: [Google]
61709001_p0.png
222KB, 950x1000px
I-is aerospace engineering a good route for robots, or am I falling for the biggest meme?
>inb4 STEM meme
>>
File: 1487119499256.png (34KB, 470x512px) Image search: [Google]
1487119499256.png
34KB, 470x512px
>>36220058
It's better than what I'm doing right now.
>>
Just take a look at job postings on Craigslist and other sites and see what the pay and demand is
>>
>>36220099
i don't want to become a body seller anon
>>
No, that requires functioning. Be a NEET or work manual labour.
>>
I am getting into aereospace too, it looks very comfy and i heard some good stories of people making good shekel, but people on sci say it's a "dangerous" degree, basically you need to have done 5 years rather then only three(i don't remember the name in english) and you should get some internship. It's a highly specialized sector where either you are top notch and appeal to those looking for a good aereospace egineering r you end up being a worse mechanical engineering.
>>
It's HARD AS FUCK
LITERALLY ROCKET SCIENCE
YOU WILL DIE
You put in 1000s of hours and still might not make it.
Also you have to take a bunch of Chem courses.
Learn how to program and model before your 3rd year, makes it much easier.
>>
>>36220121
there's no room for much success with either of those
if push comes to shove, i'll endure it and learn to at least apply myself without being too autistic
>>
>>36220148
Thanks for the input.
I understand what I'm getting myself into, it could brew a potential disaster but I believe I am willing to put forth the effort.
Genuinely interested in the field.
>>36220157
I'm aware. Appreciate the tips.
Actually in the process of learning to program efficiently.
>>
>>36220058
If you ever get the opportunity become a chartered engineer. Getting chartered in an engineering subject is like getting masters in a science, go for it
>>
>>36220299
Will keep that in mind
>>
It's really not that bad. Just prioritize your schooling over everything else, which you should be doing anyway if you want to succeed. Take advantage of every social connection available and make friends with people who have friends. If you just want to have a degree and collect a job you're going to get shit on, just like everyone else with that mindset.

That said I dropped out of aero course and I'm a fucking loser, but it was going well at one point
>>
>>36220058
Do cs instead.
>>
>>36220058
It's better than a liberal arts degree, but STEM is still mostly a meme. Most of the jobs are done for pennies by Lee or Pajeet.
>>
>>36220058
just do math, it's literally just sitting in your room doing problem sheets
>>
>>36220476
Do I REALLY need friends? Please anon. I'm almost 24, too old and cranky to make friends.
Not OP btw
>>
>>36220610
You can't work a job that demands you work with other people if you can't work with other people
>>
>>36220476
Well in your opinion, what is the right mindset to maintain through your studies?
What would be the ultimate endgame?
>>36220539
>>36220574
But I'm not interested in those subjects as a whole for my career.
>>
>>36220642
I can work with other people
I can't be friendly or pleasant
>>
>>36220667
Do everything you can to meet people who will help you succeed later in life. Make friends with kids who's parents will set them up with jobs and they'll set you up. Make friends with professors who were in the industry. Maximize your options so you're not just mailing out resumes to random companies you've never heard of in the hopes of getting a job.

>>36220689
Then the company you want to work for will hire someone who can do the job, AND can be friendly and pleasant.
>>
>>36220058

Do electrical engineering or CS

then once you finish you see if you can study aerospace in your free time

I mean, you will have the tools to figure it, and also a nice career to fall on if you don't like it

Aerospace engineering isn't just aerospace anon... You will see aerospace shit in your last years, before that it will pure fucking newtonian physics, but that applies to any engineering
>>
>>36220771
>Then the company you want to work for will hire someone who can do the job, AND can be friendly and pleasant

They won't know I'm unfriendly and unpleasant until it's too late
>>
>>36220058
Anything stem but you actually have to try to be able to get past pajeets.
>>
SpoilerTesting
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.