[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw getting drunk on cheap wine in the public park >see

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: House in one room.png (789KB, 933x656px) Image search: [Google]
House in one room.png
789KB, 933x656px
>tfw getting drunk on cheap wine in the public park
>see obvious hobo
>leave all your stuff on the bench and walk up to him, ask him
"Do you have anything to smoke?"
>he replies that he has just couple of cig butts
>you hand him 3 rolled cigs and he says "Thank you sir"
>the way he thanked you make you feel like shit
>not even hour later you meet 2 random people who invite you to sit down with them
>random girl arrives and gives you big ass nug of weed just because

Is....is karma real brobots?
>>
>>36219695
Seems like you have a pretty good idea by now.
>>
>>36219695
Yes, karma's real. All those starving kids in Africa are douchebags.
>>
>>36220108
Well....i should have, but i am still torn about it mate.

It FEELS real, but there is not logical explanation for this.

I actually spent the rest of the night wondering about paranoid shit, if they were just actors sent after me and blabla.

Its just so surreal, people coming out of nowhere, giving me the one thing i wanted in that moment.

But then again, i did the exact same thing (probably?) for the homeless, so....

It might be real?

What are your experiences with karma, anon?

>>36220471
They get help though, don't they? Not everyone, but majority of them get some sort of help from rich westerners and shit.
>>
>>36219695
>>the way he thanked you make you feel like shit
Why did you feel like shit from it? When you give someone something you shouldn't expect anything in return.
>>
>>36221199
Not the point at all mate.
I felt like shit because he was obviously at LEAST decade or 3 older than me yet he called me "sir".

I know he called me that just because i gave him stuff. But its just not right. I am no sir, especially not to an old timer like him.

I am a fucking youngling or something, not a "sir".
>>
>>36221253
You're a fag, not a sir.
>>
>>36221338
My point exactly.

Imagine being 50 something and saying to a 20+ something "Sir". It just doesnt feel right.
>>
>>36221253
He was being polite due to your kindness.
>>
>>36221400
Yeah, but its not really a kindness is it? If i was really kind i would to something to TRULY help him, not just give him addictive substances. Like offering him a place to sleep at or a job or something.

It just made me feel bad, thats all.
Just think about it. 3 fucking cigarettes are literally nothing to 99.9% of people (in the west), yet it caused him to call someone like me a sir.

Its just not right, is all im saying.
>>
>>36221489
He probably thought you were crazy and wanted to show you he respected you. Do you look like a homosexual rapist?
>>
>>36221524
Well couple of hours before that happened a teenage girl walked in front of me, played with her hair, turned around to look me in the face and seductively smiled at me couple of times.

Soo....i doubt i look like homosex rapist.
>>
>>36221489
You gave him the one thing that would truly put a smile on his face. If you wanted to help him get a job or find a place to sleep you would be volunteering at the shelter or something. Maybe you don't really have the time or energy for that. But you made his life better. As good as you could in that moment. Sometimes that's all it takes in this fucked up life to make the world a better place. I'm happy just to have people smile and thank me after I'm providing them service at my work. It improves my mood big time. The little things count far more than you could ever know.
>>
>>36221583
Are you really going to brag about your looks without posting a picture?
>>
>>36221595
Your post put a smile on my face AND made me feel really shitty at the same time.

Life is a bitch, aint it?

>You gave him the one thing that would truly put a smile on his face
Exactly the same way i felt when the random girl handed me the nug of weed for free.

Thats what made me think of karma.

>Sometimes that's all it takes in this fucked up life to make the world a better place
Is it really making the world a better place though? People like him (and me) need a purpose, stability and all that jazz, not just drug of choice to feel better for couple of minutes/hours...

>after I'm providing them service at my work
Can you tell me what it is that you do? I was thinking about volunteering, helping old people with groceries and daily stuff. Its the one thing i feel like i could do and not fuck it up.

>>36221633
I just shaved most of my beard and hair that day, probably made me look "clean" or whatever.
Also just got off 2 days long ban for
>advice threads belong on /adv/
>"rate me", camwhore threads belong on /soc/
so im not going to risk getting banned by posting my pic.
>>
>>36221156
>but there is not logical explanation for this.
The universe seems to operate on balance. For every action, an equal and opposite reaction and so forth. You were negative one item out of good will and so the scale was rebalanced. You were made positive one item out of good will.
>>
>>36222116
I work as a cashier at a huge store that mostly sells groceries. A good job for you might be a cart wrangler, one of the duties includes helping old people load their groceries in the car. I get tons of them as customers coming in from the old folks homes off the bus. I make sure to keep their bags light and load them in their cart if I think they need it.
>>
>>36221156
>get some sort of help from rich westerners and shit.

They do this for human trafficking and to get money. They don't spend much to "help"
>>
>>36222463
So technically, if i was to burn down a slave market, people would materialize to give me cash for something i created?
>>
>>36222551
That's not something that negatively impacts you. In fact, it only negatively impacts many other people regardless of whether or not its illegal.
>>
>>36222612
But then how did the homeless not having cigarettes negatively affected me?
>>
>>36219695
>you hand him 3 rolled cigs and he says "Thank you sir"
>random girl arrives and gives you big ass nug of weed just because
>is karma real?

It's strange how the idea of karma has been reinterpreted by Westerners. The Hindu concept had nothing to do with justice, with kind acts rewarded and cruel acts punished. Rather, karma was an expression of the determinism at the heart of Indian religion. Subscribing to reincarnation, the Hindus believed that the endless chain of cause and effect follows one beyond the grave. Act violently, one becomes more violent and may be reborn as an asura, an enemy of the gods whose elemental trait is viciousness. Karma is mechanical for the Hindu, blind and heartless.

It's understandable why we sons of the Occident made karma something different. Christianity is our spiritual heritage, and we like the idea that the cosmos cares. Perform an act of charity, and Providence returns good for good. Do something wicked and it will ensure you are punished even if the laws of man don't. If one is happy, he deserves to be because of his moral actions, if he is miserable, it is because of his sins.

Of course, that's not really the way the world works. In all likelihood, the hobo's miserable state was not the result of divine punishment. He may have been afflicted with some disease of the mind, circumstances may have conspired against him.

And as to why you received your mysterious gift?

>>36221583
>couple of hours before that happened a teenage girl walked in front of me, played with her hair, turned around to look me in the face and seductively smiled at me

This is why another woman later gave you a gift. It wasn't God smiling upon you for being good but rather Nature doing so because you're handsome. The cosmos didn't appreciate your act of kindness, nor did God. The only one who did was a broken man who was treated for moment as a human being after having endured a lifetime of the cosmos refusing to.
>>
>>36219695
What's the story with OP's picture?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.