[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Non IT-fag looking for advice. Is there a way you can track all

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: amazing_drawing_art_09.jpg (52KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
amazing_drawing_art_09.jpg
52KB, 500x353px
Non IT-fag looking for advice.
Is there a way you can track all the objects prices at once. For exaple a web page, that has approx 30 000 objects for sale. I want to track all these objects and prices to a database to get price changes and view them on a graph. The database should be updated with new prices and objects once a week. How can it be done?
>>
Scrape the targets, parse the result, store the objects in a backend accessible by whatever interface you want
>>
>>36216976
can you be more specific. what to use? do I have to code some shit?
>>
>>36216473
There is absolutely no way for someone who is IT illiterate to do this. This would be a challenge for an experienced database admin.
>>
>>36217837
You want a database that stores information and automatically updates itself and you didn't expect to write code?
>>
what kind of page has 30000 objects per page?
>>
>>36216473
If you were a good programmer working with a group of other fairly good programmers and maybe a couple of database techs, you guys might be able to produce a decent software for that. In fact, this was a pretty shit place to discuss something like this, way to through an entrepreneurial chance out the window.

Also
>>36218325
>>
>>36216473
>>36217837

this is like asking how to win the tour de france and then being shocked that you will need to learn how to ride a bicycle
>>
It's a site that has ca. 30 000 items for sale (best equivalent would be amazon for example).

I'm willing to try myself at this, I'm mostly self-taught . Just need some guidance
>>
English is not my native language, so pardon my French
>>
>>36218493
It was more like I asked how to get to point B from point A, and do I have to invent a bike for this or can I take a bus
>>
>>36218557
My French friend, you don't need to be self-taught, you need to a college-learned veteran of the field who has years of experience coding or working with databases.

If you don't have YEARS OF EXPERIENCE CODING OR WORKING WITH DATABASES, stop wasting your time and find a more attainable goal.
>>
>>36218723
No, you're asking if you can travel to Jupiter and back and you're like, "I taught myself how to walk, what all more do I need to know?"
>>
Well, that sums it up then. Appreciated
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.