[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the Robot Handbook? >Gregor Samsa wakes up a bug >Doesn't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: The Metamorphosis Kafka.jpg (452KB, 1069x1600px) Image search: [Google]
The Metamorphosis Kafka.jpg
452KB, 1069x1600px
Is this the Robot Handbook?
>Gregor Samsa wakes up a bug
>Doesn't freak out
>avoids problem by going back to sleep
>Only gets out of bed by slowly rolling, telling himself that it's progress
>Cant talk
>hides in his room all day every day
>Probably has a crush on his sister
>Father hates him, and is disappointed
>Mother cares for him, but is actively hurt by that fact
>Caring family abandon him
>Has a waifu (magazine cut out)
>Defends her against intruders
>Plays with his own filth
>Cant make his own meals
>Only contact with the outside world is longingly looking out the window, wondering why it is that he doesn't belong though he's always done his best to make his family proud and do what the world expects from him, but despite this, for no reason that he can find, it isn't, and can't ever be, enough
>when he dies his family celebrates with a vacation

I don't care if you say that Gregor Samsa isn't /ourguy/ he's more of a robot than anyone here.

At least he has the excuse of being a bug. What excuse do you have anon?
>>
>>36214420
More like the tale of a robot.
>>
>>36214420
Kind of.
Also, reallife Kafka had daddy-issues so I guess that kind of fits the whole theme too.
>>
>>36214420
You left out some major points though
>was originally loved by everyone
>was also the bread winner of the family, supporting everyone while never treating himself
>worked his ass off to be an exemplary employee
>fate just fucked him over hard for literally no reason in a way that was impossible to recover from
>father kills him with an apple because he became ugly and embarrassing to look at
>>
I love this book and I agree it's basically robot life 101
>>
>>36214531
Was Gregor Samsa actually fucked over by fate, or was his horrid nature just exposed? You can read the book with the transformation as metaphorical. Gegor was never a bug, because he's always been a bug.
>>
Should we call ourselves bugs ?
Normalfaggots will not understand our new sekret word
>>
"May I kiss you then? On this miserable paper? I might as well open the window and kiss the night air." -Franz Kafka
>>
>>36214582
It just said that one night he had some weird dreams and woke up feeling and looking really weird.

The metaphor would seemingly be premise considering that he was described as such a great man. He was even about to be visited by his boss to be promoted in the story.
>>
>>36214582
He hides under a sofa so he probably was an actual bug. People can't fit under sofas.
>>
>>36214657
be without* premise
>>
>>36214582

He took the red pill desuu
>>
>>36214582
>>36214657
>>36214663
Lit actually had a pretty in depth thread on this a day or two ago. I don't see how he couldn't have actually transformed though, since the books said he was climbing on the walls and ceiling.

>>>/lit/9356108
>>
>>36214657
But look at how the character's treat him, before they even know whats wrong. His mother and sister have some concern. The sister is even friendly. But his boss is condescending, and his father derisive.
>>36214663
I think this could be explained as metaphorical image

It's fair to read it literally, but I don't think it's too much of a stretch. And he was surely not a "great" man. Reliable perhaps, and hard working, but most certainly not great.
>>
>>36214663
Yes they can. There's not only one kind of sofa, and in Germany back in the late 1800s the sofas were more like bench's with cushions.

Samsa was turned into a bug; but a huge bug. It's literally in the book.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.