[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to lose weight and I decided not to eat today.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

I'm trying to lose weight and I decided not to eat today. What can I do to trick myself into not wanting to eat?
>>
first quit being a dumbass, starving yourself doesn't work

then google "daily calorie calculator," pick one, and plug in your age/height/weight/sex

many of them will automatically figure how many calories to eat per day that will let you lose about a pound per week

then you count your calories for everything you eat (and drink) and don't exceed that daily number

also exercise lazyass
>>
not trying to discourage you from improving yourself or anything, but diets of this kind almost never work. you will end up eating more later to compensate (consciously or unconsciously) so its never a method to lose weight long term.

you either get into a healthy exercise and eating routine which you will keep up for months or stop wasting your time. calorie counting like >>36213839
says works but its a pain in the ass imo.
>>
>>36213839
>starving yourself doesn't work

>contradicting yourself
>>
>>36213766
>drinking water
>smoking
>amphetamines

All worked for me
>>
>>36213879
there's nothing contradictory about it, dipshit

it isn't sustainable, and when you stop fasting your fat ass is just gonna eat even more to make up for it

instead of punishing yourself, try some accountability and stuff
>>
>>36213943
>implying everyone is as weak willed as you
>>
Eat some paper, drink some water.
>>
>>36213943
I've been restricting to 500 calories a day and haven't binged. I have a will of steel but I'm trying to convince myself it's a good idea to fast a day.
>>
>>36213877
I can see it working, if he really has the willpower to not eat for 36 hours he will have to be comfortable with not eating, breaking the habit of stuffing your face all day.
>>
>>36214000
dude what the fuck
if you eat NOTHING you will eventually gain weight. Eat healthy and you will lose weight. It's easy.
>>
start drinking a cup of black coffee when you're hungry.

If you HAVE to snack, eat popcorn instead not the buttery shit though
>>
>>36214314
the guy youre replying to is obviously retarded, i dont know why youre bothering.
>>
>>36214314
>man eats nothing, breaks the laws of thermodynamics
>>
File: 1479114476926.png (278KB, 918x839px) Image search: [Google]
1479114476926.png
278KB, 918x839px
I have lost 20 pounds since the start of 2017 using My Fitness Pal and this stack. My daily allowance of calories is 500 under my SEDENTARY estimate. This way even if I literally lay in bed all day I still lose weight, and any activity is only making me lose more. Anyone looking to use pic related though needs to follow it to the T, because it's based on medication idiots have killed themselves with.
>>
>>36213766
only drink green tea it s really good at masking hunger and is really healthy
>>
>>36213766
By eating stuff that makes you feel full even though it's mostly fiber. Stuff like apples, especially the acidic green ones.
>>
>>36214314
eat nothing and gain weight
finally I can live a confy life with 170 dollars per month (I live in Russia)
finally I can save up spare money for a car>>36214816well shit it s not true
>>
>>36213898
What this anon said. I steadily lost a couple pounds a week and I wasn't even overweight.

>Was smoking about 10 fags a day (reduces appetite)
>On anti-depressants (sertraline - it makes you lose your appetite completely, I ate like one meal a day when I was on it, you just don't get hungry. Also gives you a diarrhea but I'm not sure if that contributes to weight loss)
>I drink about 3-5 cups of tea or coffee a day (water fills your stomach = less hungry)

However nearly turning into a skelly so I'm the opposite m8, I'm trying to make myself hungry.
>>
>>36213766
Actual advise, not eating is not the solution. Instead try:
1. high volume food, food that had a high volume to weight ratio. Good example is butter free popcorn. They take longer to eat (generally better for the digestive system) and will make you feel more full. Also last longer as a crunch snack, big plus.
2. Low calorie food like fruit, vegetables... Even the sweet ones are still healthy. Pick a few that you like and eat a few of them preferebly everyday. If you can afford the time, add them to your regular meals so you develop that as a good habbit (salad and what not) but still good as a snack.
3. Avoid very sweet, salty or oily foods like chocolate, bagged chips/Cheetos/whatever and butter.
4. Replace all drinks with water. Most of the sweet drinks have insane amounts of sugar and harmful chemicals in them. They dehydrate even more and have deceptively low calorie value - per 100ml it might be low but you will usually drink ~0.5l of it and it's taste is going toast for a very few seconds... Same goes for coffee and tea.
>>
File: skinnyfat.jpg (39KB, 522x756px) Image search: [Google]
skinnyfat.jpg
39KB, 522x756px
>>36213766
I feel you senpai, I'm mostly skinnyfat and losing weight but don't not eat. Eat healthy and eat smart. Not eating for a day or something means you're going to eat a box of cheese and a bag of sugar for every meal the next three days.

Fruits and vegetables are your friend and like this other anon said >>36213839 keep track of your calories.

You'd be surprised at how many "healthy" snacks and prepared meals that aren't filling at all are also hundreds of calories per portion.

Also, shrimp is extremely low in calories. It's something like 70 calories per 10 shrimps.

Also exercise, exercise and exercise. Start with walks, then jogging or biking. Getting a kettlebell is really efficient as well. With a 35 pounder you can burn up to 20 calories a minute.
>>
>>36215229
disagree on the first, eat less instead of trying to stuff your tummy full (reaching that full feeling is a big part of food addiction), imo. I'd lean toward fatty high satiety food like eggs you aren't going to sit and pound eggs like you can with a bag of popcorn.
>>
just go on a keto diet and do some moderate exercise.
>>
>>36215407
Well since I do have a food addiction, I needed a long lasting snack that I could munch on and filled me up for a bit so popcorn was perfect. It's also salty so after a while the salt taste gets stuck in my mouth and I prefer not to eat for a while.
>>
>>36215302
exercise is a retard's game when losing weight since it makes you want to eat. you won't be building any muscle either while losing weight. just put the fork down.
>>
think of being fat as a hot woman who has cucked you and the hunger is the pain you feel over her
>>
>>36215302
I've been on 500 calories for weeks and haven't binged. I don't have access to cheese or sugar.
>>
Vegetable juice. Tomato, beetroot, celery. It's thick and takes a while to digest.
But yeah don't fucking starve yourself. People have written a million posts on why it doesn't work, and every one of them is right.
>>
>>36215538
net caloric loss doesn't just magically happen, and every minute spent doing mild exercise is another minute not spent eating from a bag of cheese.

People who are overweight eat out of boredom or just for fun, the most minimal amount of exercise even just walking around for an hour, keeps you from doing that.

When you actually are hungry from exercise, eat a no-bullshit salad with some lean protein that fills your stomach without overloading anything else and you won't be hungry. It's that simple.

If your plan is to just put the fork down and sit in bed all day, you'll just be eating from a bag of chips on the floor as a way to keep yourself busy.
>>
>>36215593
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2495396/
>>
>>36215581
You're not OP though.
>>
>>36214314
Stop taking the bait man lurk more if you need to
>>
>>36213766
Just wait your brain is a bro After all and wont torture you with hunger After a whilr
>>
>>36215501
>well since I do have an heroin addiction I needed a drug to fix me up and heroin was perfect, after shooting it I didn't need heroin for a while
or
>you have a food addiction
>but I have a food addiction

I know you have a food addiction what kind of defense is that to why you need to satisfy your food addiction,
>>
>>36215711
Yes I am. I'm op.
>>
>>36213943
It worked for me. I would only eat every other day. I only started gaining weight again when my family made me feel like shit for being so thin
>>
Eat under your maintenance calories. Stimulants and capsAicin are good and not necessarily unhealthy appetite suppressents. I lost 70 lb and now regular exercise/count calories. Its a marathon not a sprint but the lifestyle is much more important than just losing weight.
>>
>>36213766
hey OP idk if this could help but this is how i lost weight last time without suffering hunger
>eat 1500-2000 calories a day, spread over ~6 meals
>exercise 1hr every other day (lifting dumbbells at home)
>weigh self once a week at a set time
lost like 1-2kg (2.2-4.4lbs) a week and didn't spend much time hungry since i had frequent small meals
>>
drink water or tea or something. I used to straight-up not eat and it made me go into skelly mode and get admitted to a psych ward, because they thought I was anorexic. So, uh, don't go to that extent, or else they'll literally force you to eat.

I also used to make lots of soup, and I ate celery with salsa when I was very very hungry/needed a good taste.
>>
caffeine and nicotine are also very well-known appetite supressants, start drinking more black coffee and smoke more (if you don't smoke right now, don't start just for losing weight, but if you already do....)
>>
Just exercise enough and watching what you eat isn't as much of an issue. Although exercise has bloated my food bill which sucks. Used to play sports in college and in season with 6 days a week of two hour practices plus 3 days of lifting made me hungry all the time and eating constantly, but the body needs to eat so much to continue functioning.
>>
>>36213766
protein shakes
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.