[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it better to drive with both feet on pedals or operating the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5

File: feet.jpg (33KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
feet.jpg
33KB, 852x480px
Is it better to drive with both feet on pedals or operating the pedals with just one foot?
>>
Just one
Helps with getting them mixed up
>>
>>36212130
she's driving a manual that's why she's using two feet. one is on the clutch.

better to drive an automatic with just one foot
>>
>>36212130
Just one. You got both feet on a pedal and get in a crash, you're more likely to slam on the gas or something I would think
>>
both feet on the pedals . With your left foot you operate the switching mechanism and with your right foot the accelartion/brakes.

Also if you hold your foot lightly on the most left peadl it will fuck the machinery and it will cost you a lot
>>
>people driving an automatic with two feet
>brake lights are on the entire time you are behind them

Pisses me off.
>>
>inb4 americans ask why the car has 2 pedals
>>
>>36212260
3 pedals* fuck I'm retarded
>>
>2011+6
>Not driving a manual

c'mon guys
>>
>>36212260
Inb4 3rd worlder embarrasses himself because he forgot we have manual transmissions here in america
>>
>>36212149
>autism
>>36212130
The only reason people use one foot is because of traditions evolving as always. You used to use your other foot for the clutch, not that I even know how to drive stick, but when I was taught to drive the normies bitched at me for logically using both feet because someday you might need to use the clutch. Retarded tradition is retarded.
>>
>>36212287
>2023 - 6
>not knowing that modern automatic transmissions are basically on par to manual transmission
>>
>>36212287
Traffic jams are pure hell with manual. With automatic I can watch movies or YouTube videos while stuck in traffic.
>>
>>36212130
Just one unless you're driving manual. I'm in drivers ed right now, I know what I'm talking about.
>>
>>36212326
In an automatic car you use one foot because if you have both feet on both pedals you're gonna be much more likely to slam on one of the pedals in an accident.
>>
>>36212338
>even thinking about looking at a monitor when driving
You're worse than a drunk driver.
>>
>>36212364
That doesn't make any sense autist. Are you the type of person that needs a pillow in one hand to scream in because if not you might accidentally stab yourself in the eye with your fork hand? I don't get it.
>>
>>36212338
>>36212329

It's simply more fun to drive a manual. But I know you Americucks will never understand
>>
>>36212382
It's called staying on the same place for minutes and than moving few meters forward and staying again.
>>
>>36212406
Please don't generalize this to all Americans,
plenty of us in the more rural areas still know how much fucking fun it can be.
>>
>>36212406
For me YouTube is more fun.
>>
>>36212404
You've never been in a car accident, have you?
>>
>>36212406
American here, drive manual can confirm automatics are for the small minded
>>
>>36212406
Just because most Americans have automatic cars doesn't mean we all don't have manuals.
>t. 80's Datsun owner
>>
>>36212454
Do you drink tea without sugar?
>>
you operate the pedals with two feet else you cant gear, but when you dont need to gear you let your left foot rest to the left
>>
>>36212415
You should have your license revoked.
>>36212435
I have and your body flops around to where you'd accidentally hit the wrong pedal with one foot so it makes more sense to have two. And new cars should autobreak before you hit something also. One foot is pointless tradiiton being gay as evolving traditions allways are gay, but people always think there is a reason. You cannot even think for yourself. It's pathetic.
>>
The left foot never leaves the shift.
>>
>>36212454
If we're gonna be edgy and shit on innovation, why stop there?
>Cars are for the simple minded, I drive a horse drawn carriage
>>
>>36212454
>he thinks driving stick is like magic
>>
>>36212484
Yeah, it's better to just sit and stare at fucking nothing.
>>
i almost always drive manual. use two feet here. one for clutch and one for brakes/gas. when i drive an automatic i sometimes use my left foot accidentaly for the brake and brake much harder than intended because i'm used to manual
>>
File: IMG_0601.jpg (71KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0601.jpg
71KB, 1000x666px
>>36212455
I wish I had a Datsun, beautiful car.
>>
>>36212484
I've never had a problem finding the gas or break. Theyre pretty different sizes and even in a wreck I was able to find the break.

Two feet on a pedal = two feet that are already in position to mash both pedals and in an accident, your feet are likely gonna slam on instinct
>>
File: 1975-datsun-b210-white.jpg (34KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1975-datsun-b210-white.jpg
34KB, 600x450px
>>36212517
This is pretty much the car i have, I love the look of cars from the 80s t b h
>>
When drivers panic, often they will slams both feet. If you can override that reaction, it may be better, but if you don't, have fun with those accidents.

Surprised this is even debate worthy.
>>
>>36212507
Not magic just more hands on, stupid people can drive either I'm just stating that they'd be more inclined to drive an automatic and not know how to work on their car.
>>
>he takes pride in being able to fiddle a stick
I mean thats kind of embarassing. Even a child can drive manual, its not something special.
>>
>>36212509
>parent dies of heat stroke in car in front of you
>todler walks behind car because mommy is ded
>you don't notice because peripheral vision only cares about the break lights in front being on
>break light go off
>you look up
>kid not seen because picking up teddy under your bumper
>ded kid
You're in a lethal weapon that is overly heavy, overly fast, and overly powerful. You should always stare in front of you because something might happen. A car could be off the left side of the road headed right towards you and you won't even see it about to punch you in the face. You'll throw your hands in the air and die yourself if that happened.

>>36212522
And if you did have a problem finding it with not one but two feet then you cannot tell your lefts from your rights damnit. It's a retarded tradition. In a wreck you don't have time to molest the pedals slowly without looking at the shit out your windows anyway, so how they fell differently in shape is irrelevant.
>>36212614
Even driving sitck is a euphemism for being somebody that likes dick. It is gay on so many levels.
>>
>>36212495
I'm not shitting on innovation I was being hyperbolic, but it seems like you actually argue in fallacies.
>>
>>36212543
Reminds me of my old old outback, I'm a fan of much older cars
>>
How the fuck do you even drive a manual with one foot? When you start uphill, you need to have the clutch halfway up while simultaneously hitting the gas to meet the clutch release.
>>
>>36212721
Not him but I'm tempted to make a hyperbolic time chamber joke and let you know that your skills in driving a car that you trained yourself for now here in the future are moot. Sorry. No one cares.
>>36212794
wew
>>
Automatic transmissions are best for driving to work and in large cities. Most of us don't feel like operating the transmission while being stuck in traffic or half asleep on the way to work. Just make your life easier.

Manual is better for having fun while driving especially when on open roads.
>>
>>36212827
But why is it fun?

It's traditional to use after shave too and shake people's hands too, but WHY?
>>
>>36212856
It gives you bigger control of the car and you're always more active than with automatic.
>>
>>36212856
It gives you a different experience my man. Everyone in motorsport uses a manual. It feels cool and is faster (speed) in some cases. I'd only drive manual if I intended to drive fast.
>>
>>36212364
Intention is more so you don't press on the brakes while driving. If you do you wear down your brakes like a dope. I personally don't like automatics with large brakes since I accidentally try to clutch when in slowing down and end up slamming on the brake.
>>
>>36212896
This, what you'll find is that you can't roll the car naturally in an automatic you need to have the gas pressed a lot. As well it shifts when it wants to shift so you may know I can get more power by dropping to 4th on the highway and gasing but the car may not do that because you have to get the engines revs up high to engage 4th without shaking the car slightly. Typically besides the last gear automatics won't push the limits of the gear.
>>
>not using a semi-autatic clutch
>>
>>36212896
>>36212995
Automatic is just as much fun. Go fiddle with your dick sticks elsewhere plebs.
>>

just install an AI on it
>>
>>36212794
Start in a lower gear
>>
File: datsun_100a.jpg (85KB, 600x360px) Image search: [Google]
datsun_100a.jpg
85KB, 600x360px
>>36212543
Here's the most based Datsun
>>
>>36212406
>its simply more fun to pick cotton by hand. You whites will never understand
>>
File: 1412519279433.jpg (660KB, 1792x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1412519279433.jpg
660KB, 1792x1008px
>>36212130
I only opened this thread because I saw female feet.
>>
The people who say automatic is better don't know how to drive manual. I remember hating manual aswell until I learned it well and started seeing the benefits.
>>
If you are not a scrub you should be left-foot breaking to take corners at high speed.
>>
>>36213212
The worst b8 i've seen all week.
>>
>>36212808
Not out dated though it's great for control but I don't care it's a hobby and not much else.
>>
>>36213047
Automatic*
fuck my autistic hands
>>
>>36213133
>I've never driven stick before
Can't make a comparison if you've never tried both. Only time stick isn't fun is during city traffic as someone mentioned before. At that point owning an automatic is essential unless your a masochist.
>>
>>36213835
I don't actually mind driving in Chicago with my manual but I had only ever done it once and I did more walking than driving but I couldn't do it every day.
>>
>>36213835
>Can't make a comparison if you've never tried both.

I have. Stick is not fun at all unless you drive like an asshole or have your own private road.
>>
>>36215185
Fair enough then. I mostly drive due to the "No Jump Start Needed" and if I'm not driving like a dick head somewhat controlled way of saving on gas.
>>
>>36212406
American and only drive manual. People that complain about them in traffic jams are retarded, there really isn't that much more effort involved. They probably just can barely get first going without stalling.
>>
>>36213230
So it's like nofap then?
>>
>>36212406
Don't worry, I'm an American and I understand that driving manual>automatic
>>
>>36212454
>can confirm automatics are for the small minded
Ironically in literally every single country where an average IQ of the population is lower than 80 everyone drives manuals
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.