[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ethics >eating meat >pic related When will meat

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 537
Thread images: 89

>ethics
>eating meat
>pic related

When will meat eaters ever learn? You're killing a suffering being for a trivial pleasure.You can live without meat.
>>
That picture makes no fucking sense. There's not a single person on this earth that doesn't know that bacon comes from killing pigs
>>
>>36206266
Post one with beef please, that's more relevant to the fat idiot Americans who browse this board

>>36206289
And yet, if those pics were on the containers of pork products, do you think they would sell as well?
>>
File: Cockona.jpg (319KB, 2668x1394px) Image search: [Google]
Cockona.jpg
319KB, 2668x1394px
Yeah but it sure is tasty.
Though if you could find me a readily available, equally expensive or cheaper and equally tasy or tastier vegetarian alternative, I'd take it.
Until then, bye.
>>
>>36206304
>f those pics were on the containers of pork products, do you think they would sell as well?
I would still buy it.
>>
>>36206304
that's a logical fallacy, pork is a product sold to make money, why would farmers or consumers want unattractive pictures on the container?
>>
>>36206266
Bad treatment is bad.
Besides if the animals grow freely outside, their meat will be better.

I don't care about killing them, but we shouldn't put them in cage like that.
Shit is nasty.
>>
File: 1479673867527.jpg (202KB, 1200x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1479673867527.jpg
202KB, 1200x1080px
>>36206266
>ethics
have you ever considered that the reason why other people find it ethical while you don't is because their subjective beliefs are different from your's? looking at pigs in a slaughterhouse and feeling empathy proves nothing except that you've lived a sheltered life away from the killing of what you eat. meat not only tastes good but it's the only way to easily get enough protein.
>>
>>36206304
Of course they wouldn't sell as well, most people don't think about the horrid things that go on in the world. Stop coming onto a Mayan clay sculpting board and acting like your trivial opinions matter.
>>
>>36206343
Ha ha, look he posted it again. le spook man XDD I GOT SPOOGGED !!!!
>>
I'm bewildered as to how we somehow evolved as a species for billions of years (since single cell organisms) eating meat and not giving a damn, to being full of a bunch of pussies who get turned off seeing animals get killed for meat when not even a century ago the majority of people did that on a regular basis
>>
>>36206343
>meat not only tastes good but it's the only way to easily get enough protein
>the only way to easily get enough protein

F A K E

N
E
W
S
>>
>>36206376
It was justifiable because they would fucking die if they didn't. Meat is a luxury now for most people. I don't begrudge poverty-stricken Africans for eating meat.
>>
File: 1482813281509.jpg (52KB, 688x726px) Image search: [Google]
1482813281509.jpg
52KB, 688x726px
>>36206363
I'll have you know stirner-posting is the highest level of discourse. now give me one argument that it is objectively true that killing animals for their meat is morally wrong
>>
File: alexjonesmeat.png (2MB, 1080x789px) Image search: [Google]
alexjonesmeat.png
2MB, 1080x789px
>>36206304
I would love to shoot a pig and then have it turn into bacon, obviously I wouldn't want to have to butcher it and stuff myself not because I'm bothered by the process but because I'm lazy and it seems difficult and messy and sticky and gross.
I would love to hear it squeal as the life leaves its eyes and then crunch on its delightful side of bacon, though.
>>
>>36206332
>I would still buy it.
>"which can give rise to irrational and sometimes maladaptive behaviour"
>>
File: 1454392717957.jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1454392717957.jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
>>36206266
Plants are still living things, you continue to consume life to sustain your own. If you were true to your principals you'd kill yourself.
>>
>>36206395
>Meat is a luxury now for most people
>A basic food group is a luxury

No, it's a necessity. Being a vegantarian is a luxury because you're able to get your hands on an absurd amount of plants which combined have enough protein to make up for your deficit which no human throughout time would've had access to on a regular basis until now
>>
>>36206459
truly all vegans are hypocrites if they aren't Jainism-tier
>>
>>36206459
>You're killing a suffering being

Emphasis on suffering. And I do intend on killing myself.
>>
>>36206266
The thing about cognitive dissonance is it can be fixed in a number of ways. You can either change your behaviour (start/continue/stop eating meat), change your attitude (I care/don't care about animals now) or justify it by changing the cognitive as a whole (I do not care about eating pig as it is tasty and I enjoy it)
>>
>>36206334
Ask the cigarrette companies that same question.
>>
File: decentboys.jpg (28KB, 638x334px) Image search: [Google]
decentboys.jpg
28KB, 638x334px
>>36206376
I don't know, either. Disregard animals, acquire cheeseburgers.
>>36206289
Yep.
>>36206304
Take pictures of your better looking pigs (a la >>36206334's point,) but sure.
>>36206329
Don't pretend it would taste as good if you knew it had never been alive.
>>36206457
>Everyone who disagrees with me is suffering a delusion! I'm the rational one!
>>36206528
>I do not care about eating pig as it is tasty and I enjoy it
/thread
>>
I'm right now in industrial pig farm. AMA.
>>
>>36206266
I bet you buy shit that's made in china thus actively supporting child slavery. the cognitive dissonance is astonishing
>>
>>36206266
well, it got out of the cage because of me didn't it
>>
>>36206266
What if I don't care because it tastes good? Fuck off with muh ethics, that shit is for cucks
>>
>>36206568
how do you slaughter the pigs?
>>
>>36206266
I know ;_; but animals are so delicious, I wish I could quit meat, I don't even buy the food in my house

I love animals :'^(
>>
>>36206376
>t.mohammed who has never owned a pet
>>
>>36206580
Fucking beat me to it brobot. Vegans/Vegitarians will cry away about "holocaust on your plate" but promptly shut up if you mention how they got that iphone, macbook, and even those "100% Vegan" shoes those fuckers are wearing.
>>
>>36206304
If vegetables were sold with photos of sweaty mexicans spitting on their hands, would they sell as well?
>>
>>36206459
>what is consciousness

originaly
>>
>>36206266
As a meat eater I can say that I agree with pigs, they are smart animals who are very capable of suffering, I don't buy pork anymore for those reasons, chicken on the other hand, well eating a binary robot who responds to stimuli is hard for me to get convinced not to eat
>>
File: 1488205689554.png (314KB, 711x664px) Image search: [Google]
1488205689554.png
314KB, 711x664px
>>36206555
>Don't pretend it would taste as good if you knew it had never been alive.
"I love this food that was once alive"
"Sir that food was never alive"
"wtf, I hate this food now"

Yeap, that's the way I think, buddy this is sarcasm
>>
File: opisfagle.jpg (126KB, 780x749px) Image search: [Google]
opisfagle.jpg
126KB, 780x749px
>>36206778
your post was bad and you should feel bad
I love the hot, dripping flesh of an ex-animal
>>
>>36206778
This, thats why I never eat ice
>>
>>36206777
Impressive trips. The same would apply to cows. They're intelligent.

The true godly partisan's choice is full vegan.

The lesser supreme gentlemen's choice is a vegetarian diet.

The acceptable choice is a pescatarian diet (with chicken allowed for the weak)

Everything else is shit-tier.
>>
Here's a personal blog for you. I live in Liberia, in the middle of a rainforest. These last couple months have been the annual breeding season for 'bugabugs', or the local termites (the ones that build those huge earthen towers). They swarm in the millions in the early dawn, literally carpeting the earth with their bodies.

Meat is so rare and expensive that everyone in the village will wake up early in the morning and start gathering them by the hundreds of thousands to eat because the hunger for protein is so powerful. They also eat grasshopper, tree grubs, and certain types of flies, dog, rat, cat, basically anything type of meat they can catch. If it was really possible to survive without meat you think they'd just accept that and eat something easy to grow, but instead they spend vast amounts of time and energy to catch and eat very small animals for the tiny amount of protein they get.

I haven't had cow meat in two years, I sometimes browse /ck/ just to fantasize about the food there. They had a chic-fil-a thread yesterday and I was literally drooling. Goddamn I hate my life.
>>
>>36206266
>eating bacon is encouraged

you fucking retard. no one is pushing that agenda, everyone just likes bacon. shut up. and by the way, how do you think society progressed to this point? eating fucking celery? laughing my ass off senpai. everything eats everything, don't cuck out just because we got super good at eating and won the game
>>
File: 1481397568435.png (2KB, 147x80px) Image search: [Google]
1481397568435.png
2KB, 147x80px
>>36206950
Damn sounds bad. I recently read Little Liberia by Johnny Steinberg and watched the Vice documentary about General Butt Naked so I know a bit about Liberia. I've always said that 1st worlders cannot be robots.
>>
File: 1435548188651.png (260KB, 499x481px) Image search: [Google]
1435548188651.png
260KB, 499x481px
>be omnivores
>have a moral stance
>push your moral stance on others
>too stupid to realize there will always be a market for meat products due to apathy and general ignorance
>instead of supporting local farms that provide animals with higher standards of living before sending them off to market and condemning mass multi-billion dollar companies that can afford to right off product that dies due to disease or mistreatment as a loss, go after the consumers that are already too burdened with the personal responsibility to care
>genius
>>
I don't give a fuck about animals.
>>
>>36206459
Who ever said vegan 'principles' was to not kill living things? Veganism is based on minimising conscious suffering. Sometimes that might even mean killing a living thing - almost like the trolly problem. There really is not a single good argument against veganism.
>>
>>36206509
You don't know if plants suffer or not. Just because they have no vocal cords and mouth to scream and no nervous system doesn't mean they don't.

>>36206749
See above.
>>
Not a big animal lover or anything but I do find it funny how people sperg out over dogs or cats being eaten or abused but don't give a second thought to the countless slaughter houses that keep all the meat on our shelves.
>>
>>36207072
>no nervous system
>what is pain
>what is sensation
>>
File: 1491669758261.png (101KB, 469x189px) Image search: [Google]
1491669758261.png
101KB, 469x189px
>>36206990
>omnivores
Doesn't mean shit. You could feed meat to cows. It wouldn't be good but you can. Same for humans, omnivore is just a buzzword that means nothing, here to convince you that it's ok to consume whatever the powers that be want you to buy. You can stuff your belly with cereals, dairy and all kinds of manufactured sugary shit for years but then don't bitch about having cancer and various chronic conditions.

You could chocke on my cock right now and drink my cum, does that means humans are semenovore?
>>
File: 1433427288039.png (765KB, 1001x1001px) Image search: [Google]
1433427288039.png
765KB, 1001x1001px
>>36206266
No. No you can't. We wouldn't have evolved either. Stop reading junk science on hippie cult websites. I will concede that modern industrialized farming methods are abhorrent, and that the over-consumption of meat products is an epidemic with numerous consequences in the west, but what you advocate for is no more natural than the 400lb 35 year old who eats 10 big macs a day. Nature is not ethical, and you are deluding yourself. It may take years, but eventually your liver is going to burn through its reserves, and you're either going to fall off the wagon like 90% of these people do, or you're going to begin to die a slow, painful death of malnutrition. Make peace with what you are. Take from the earth with the understanding that one day the earth will take you.
>>
File: 1491342915683.jpg (90KB, 725x717px) Image search: [Google]
1491342915683.jpg
90KB, 725x717px
>>36207133
>the current state of science is everything
>we know everything, nothing will be discovered anymore because we know all
>if somehting doesn't work exactly like us then it can't be conscious
>nevermind the fact that plants are actually able to communicate
>>
I used to be a vegetarian, but then I quit. Wasn't exactly any reasons for it. Could probably go back to being a vegetarian again, but I never had many reasons for it in the first place.
>>
>>36207036
Minimizing human suffering makes sense, because humans can and will make poor decisions that impose large external costs on society based on their own suffering.

Minimizing animal suffering is pointless because an animal can't revolt, or be a burden on the health care or prison or education or financial systems, or cost us any more money than they already do by existing. There's an argument to be made for raising animals in clean, healthy environments, but it has nothing to do with the suffering of the animals themselves. There's an argument to be made about the destructive effects of CAFOs and the meat production industry in general, but again, that's completely independent from animal suffering. There are even dietary and health arguments for not eating animal products. Once again, those are divorced and have no relevance to animal suffering.

Human suffering has consequences in society, animal suffering does not, so why give a shit about something for which there are no consequences? It's a poor form of argument that convinces nobody of anything and just makes you look like a self-righteous faggot. There are so many good arguments for not eating meat and animal products and vegans consistently choose the shittiest one.
>>
File: vitruv_leo1.jpg (225KB, 319x460px) Image search: [Google]
vitruv_leo1.jpg
225KB, 319x460px
>>36207274
Most people aren't as myopic as you and experience a kinship with more than just their immediate relatives, humans, but also with their fellow mammals. We're more alike than different.

Minimizing animal suffering has a point as it's an indicator of the beneficence of our species. It's not wrong to eat meat, it's just less right. Sacrificing a trivial pleasure to spare a creature you don't have to spare represents superior morality, provided you understand why you're doing it.
>>
File: 1480953132655.jpg (33KB, 495x495px) Image search: [Google]
1480953132655.jpg
33KB, 495x495px
>>36207219
>believing things before you have evidence for them

By what mechanism would grass suffer? In that case we might as well care for rocks just in case they have feelings that work in a special unknown way fuccboi that's not the way rationality

>what is null hypothesis

also

>"""communicate"""
>I read a pop sci article and misunderstood a metaphor

Not communicate in the sense you're thinking of where concepts are conveyed between minds.
>>
>>36207409
most first world folk are going to be even more myopic than me. When was the last time you met anyone who cared enough about the suffering inflicted on african miners to stop buying the expensive electronics made from rare earth metals that are the direct cause of that suffering? When has 'there are starving children in china and africa' ever even moved the sympathy needle beyond the most paltry of gestures like throwing a few coins in a charity bucket?

If people can't even care about the homeless that live in their city why would they care about a pig in a crate. At least the pig tastes good so its suffering has an ultimate payoff. There are human beings who suffer for no good reason at all and most people don't give a shit. I'm not saying 'you can't care about animals if you don't care about every single human', I'm just making a point that the argument is shitty because people can and do and will categorize some suffering as acceptable and it's always been like that and it always will be like that.

If you legitimately want to minimize suffering you'd use arguments that people care about to try to convince them to your side, like the health benefits of veganism, or the environmental benefits of having less meat production, or the financial benefits of not eating expensive meat products. Instead you use the argument that makes you feel like you have 'superior morality' which naturally makes the ones you are trying to convince see you as a giant smug faglord. Great, enjoy your feeling of superiority while Cleetus and his merry band of meat eaters continue to rape and eat pigs. You've helped absolutely nobody, especially not the animals you claim to hold in such high regard.
>>
File: 1488374129577.png (59KB, 500x733px) Image search: [Google]
1488374129577.png
59KB, 500x733px
>moralism

Just say no.
>>
>>36207722
>You've helped absolutely nobody, especially not the animals you claim to hold in such high regard.
>"You can't stop everything so don't do anything"
>Implying veganism is the only thing I do
>>
PENIS PENIS HAHAHAHA XD
>>
Reminding folks that the vegetarian (or God help you, vegan) "replacement" foods are more often than not less healthy than the original. You want to eat a "veggie-burger with veggie-cheese" for moral reasons, suit yourself, but don't use the health argument like a fucktard.

Of course, vegetables are just vegetables.
>>
Since when is talking about pigs taboo?

Everybody knows we kill pigs to eat them. It's no big deal. It's kinda gross to talk about it, but no one gives a shit except for like vegans and those peoples.
>>
>>36206266
Idgaf tho
>>
>>36206266
Unless you make your own clothes, built your own house, are vegan, only eat what you produce, don't use any electronics, and dont work woth any manufactored goods in any way, then I can guarantee you a few dozen people have died for the goods and services you use. People, not animals. Probably dozens of dozens of animals have died. What are you going to do about it? Why stop at not eating bacon?
>>
>>36206266
Food chain motherfucker.
>>
>>36207960
see >>36207779

original omnivores suck
>>
File: IMG_4295.jpg (98KB, 777x728px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4295.jpg
98KB, 777x728px
>>36206266
It has never been a taboo talking about, but it's come to the point like telling a smoker that smoking is harmful

news flash: we've killed animals for as long as we've been alive as a species, and less than 10% of the population isn't gonna change that

We're omnivores, not herbivores. Always been, always gonna be.
>>
>>36206990

best fucking post on the topic of vegetarianism
>>
>>36207173
Cows in their "natural environment" (bit of a misnomer since the modern cow is such a wholly domesticated animal it practically doesn't have one and likely couldn't) don't eat meat unless something is very wrong. Humans have been eating meat for a hundred thousand years before "The Powers That Be" could ever start selling it. How'd you explain that? Ancient Jewish shamans?
>>
>>36206266
I would love to kill those pigs that I eat, I have no problems with their suffering, feelings have no value they are just data
>>
>>36206289
>>36206266
I think childrens cartoons normalized this

Looking back to childhood, it was fairly common to see a happy looking cartoon guy in a chef hat literally chopping up a cartoon pig on screen and become popping up. Same with putting the live cartoon turkey in an oven and fast forward to taking the most delicious looking turkey out of the oven
>>
>>36207979
I didnt say do nothing. Im saying that if you dont strive for that ideal you're a hypocrite and just another middle class white kid who wants to save the world for gbp. Most of us like how things are in this regard.
>>
>>36206266
Why should I care? I have no moral qualms with animal abuse. Stop trying to force your ethical dilemmas on everyone else and stop assuming everyone lives, or should live, by the same moral standards you do.
>>
>>36206266
I live on a goat farm, I've slaughtered with my own hands goats whom I've named and raised from lambhood.

It's just the way it is. Stop being a pussy.
>>
>>36206266

I have my own land and run a homestead OP.

The pigs your showing are battery farmed on an industrial scale. Tens of thousands on a small stretch of land.

Not every farmer treats their pigs like that.

I use mine to muck the fields and clear crop land in combination with goats, sheep and a few Jersey cows.

I'll slaughter at max, one or two a year. The rest get to eat greens, make weeners to sell at market and enjoy wallowing.

There's really no issue at all killing and consuming an animal aslong as it's led a good life, is humanly killed and nothing is wasted.

TL;DR Not an argument.
>>
File: 7cXElwi.jpg (617KB, 786x1071px) Image search: [Google]
7cXElwi.jpg
617KB, 786x1071px
>>36206266
There's nothing better than hunting/catching your own food
>>
File: 74b.jpg (29KB, 252x291px) Image search: [Google]
74b.jpg
29KB, 252x291px
>>36206266
Don't be silly. Processed swine from malnutritioned genetic freaks in a random factory is HEALTHY goyim. Never stop buying bacon.

Oh me? Don't mind me and my silly kosher beliefs. Pork just for you!
>>
>>36206266
you think its ok for you to judge us on our life choices?
>>
>>36207409
Me not buying the already processed chicken doesn't make it any less dead or processed.

And don't give me that supply/demand shit, my grocers throw out of shit ton of old meat
>>
File: geemister.jpg (27KB, 600x765px) Image search: [Google]
geemister.jpg
27KB, 600x765px
>>36208131

wow! thanks! I can't believe you'd give me all this tasty pork when you don't even want any!
>>
I don't know why these anti-meat messages are presented like people don't know what they're doing

the reality is that people are selfish and they're willing to have some far away animal tortured and killed for their mild meat eating pleasure

the issue is slave morality encouraging people to pretend they're not selfish, not that people don't conform to unrealistic standards of self-sacrifice
>>
>>36206266
I firmly believe that one day eating meat will be viewed as a softer form of slavery

There are so many parallels between factory farming and factory farming and the slave trade. It's like both of them are going through the exact same life cycles. History is repeating itself but with a different subject this time.
>>
>>36208294

that won't happen until fake meat is just as fabulous as real meat

selfishness comes first bitch, that's human nature bitch
>>
>>36208329

>duck

normies don't eat duck?

also I'd eat all of that food
>>
>>36206376

Ever tried killing an animal and watching it suffer? It's hard to do.

I don't know what it is, but there's something in our genetic code disposed to feeling ill when an animal is in pain. Maybe it evolved to allow us to kill squealing animals who would alert predators, idk.
>>
>>36206464
You don't understand how hard it is to raise enough livestock to eat versus simply growing more vegetables. Farming is infinitely easier and more cost effective.
>>
>>36208294
Wow, anon. I don't think I've ever rolled my eyes more than I while reading your post. It must be tough being a shrimped dick little white boy that's smarter than everyone else and just cares too much while doing absolutely nothing about it. You're such a good person.
>>
>>36206329

>Yeah but it sure is tasty.

It doesn't matter if meats like duck, eel, organ meat, rabbit, bear, goat, dogs, humans or cats can be tasty. People will be upset if they found out they were eating meat of an animal they weren't conditioned to enjoy (like pork, chicken, fish, or beef). There are plenty of delicious vegetarian dishes, mostly from non-white countries .
>>
>remote tribal cultures eat meat all the time, often even when ample alternatives exist
>"The only reason people eat meat is they've been brainwashed by The Man!"
>>
>>36208395
Not in vast parts of Africa, West and Central Asia. Ever heard of herding culture?
>>
>>36206343
Taste is a spook, my property.
>>
>>36208440
Also, Inuits. One of the only cultures on Earth whose diets are naturally close to 100% meat since their environment is so cold nothing grows (not even grass). Some of the southernmost cultures do gather roots and berries in the summer but it's a diminutive part of their diet compared to fish, whale and seal.
>>
File: 1490289169016s.jpg (2KB, 125x120px) Image search: [Google]
1490289169016s.jpg
2KB, 125x120px
>>36208294
>caring about the poor animals feelings
>>
>>36208314
Slavery was very useful though, and the white race arguably lost a lot more than nice tasting meal with the abolition of slavery right?

Of Course, the crux of the issue is that nigger slaves have a far greater capacity for inducing empathy than farm animals locked away in factories do, but as vegan diets get better, space becomes more of an issue as SJWs lose interest in feminism and need to a find new topic to ride the high horses of, veganism will eventually be pushed.

Big businesses are actively working to suppress incidences of animal cruelty in the factory farming, and videoes like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-aWfg2DTCw are simply to graphic to enter the mainstream by themselves, this is definitely a massive reason why mandatory veganism is having difficulty being accepted

However, once artificial meat becomes cheap and more cost effective than factory farming, then there will be no reason to continue mass factory farming animals and, people in retrospect will definetly then view factory farming as being immoral.
>>
there must be something wrong with the vegetarian diet that gives non meat eaters brain damage

do you not understand how self-serving people are, especially when someone else is doing their dirty work for them? I'm not going to stop eating meat because I like eating meat. I don't even get a huge amount of pleasure from eating meat and I can cook delicious vegetarian food, so it's really an unnecessary luxury for me that I could easily live without it

you moralfags don't understand how human brains work
>>
>>36208395
And you don't understand soil fertility, crop cycles and climate on different parts of the globe and how that drastically narrows what can be grown for human consumption.

Corn grown above a certain latitude for instance is not suitable for human consumption, really just fit for animal feed, now factor in the scarceness of fertile soil or appropriate levels of rain, and water content along with other uses (urbanization, infrastructure etc) and your
>muh agriculture can replace meat hypothesis

is suddenly unfeasible and shallow, you clearly haven't thought this through, you are just a >muh animals
sentimentalist, disguising yourself with stolen writ you have not considered more than it suits your sentiments about this issue.
>>
>people going vegan only for morals

Go vegan because it's healthier. I had extreme acid reflux, as does the rest of my family, but as soon as I went vegan it went away. My father had lymph node cancer and I don't want him to relapse. Meat is unnecissarily full of harmful things, like sat fat and acids. It taxes your body. Dairy is just as bad, so bad that lactose intolerance is such a common thing and yet everybody ignores it.

>inb4 bs about being omnivores or studies made by the meat industry
They want your money. They don't care about your health. There's a reason there's an obesity and heart failure epidemic in the US, and it's not just because of processed sugar. I know most people don't give a shit about their health though, which is why the moral argument is much more prevalent.
>>
File: 1491602699070.jpg (107KB, 749x751px) Image search: [Google]
1491602699070.jpg
107KB, 749x751px
>be vegangod in car with 2 carnicucks
>carnicucks driver hits fox
>absolute mess, blood everywhere, mangled but still alive
>carnicucks all bitch at each other constantly about what to do
>get out car and slit its throat with a pocket knife (it clearly had to be euthanised and wasn't gonna survive, and I wasn't gonna leave it to starve to death)
>blood on hands (it was absolutely disgusting), wipe hands with baby wipes and get back in car
>carnicucks shocked by this when the kill/torture animals daily for food

Why are carnicucks such fucking embarrassments?
>>
>>36208403
I eat meat and I don't really care about animals other than my two dogs, I'm think I'm morally inferior to the average person because I deliberately go against my perception of right and wrong because I'm too lazy

I'm simply just viewing the subject without my subjective biases. It's an interesting thought experiment.

I didn't mean to come of as having the moral high ground, I absolutely don't, but I genuinely think this will happen in the future.
>>
>>36208457
B-but humans weren't meant to eat meat, why aren't all Inuits sickly and obese?
>>
>>36208461
>posting the single frame thumbnail version of that gif

file name

also, I don't care about animals for fuck sake, except for my doggos anyway, I just simply think this will happen in the future, I eat meat without a second thought, I just enjoy debating the topic with my friends who unfortunately come out with the same retarded comes back like you
>>
>caring about lower lifeforms

cuck
>>
>>36208535
see>>36208540
>faget
>>
>>36208440
>>36208457
>>36208492
Do you personally live in these areas? If not then you have no excuse. Obviously you can survive off of mostly meat, doesn't make it right or healthy. They are forced to due to the area in which they live and their lifestyle. If politics weren't involved, plenty of extra crops could be grown and imported from other areas.
>>
File: 1491657980927.jpg (214KB, 680x954px) Image search: [Google]
1491657980927.jpg
214KB, 680x954px
>>36208567
how can one man continue to miss the point so many times?

Dare I say, am I arguing with tier 3 at the minute?
>>
>>36206932
>pescatarian diet
overfishing is a pretty big problem
>>
jesus fucking christ there's nothing I despise more than moralfags
>>
>>36208572
Besides the practical objections I mentioned I also adamantly reject your twofaced hypocritical moral stance that makes this desirable in your mind. Your morality is based on crooked sentiments, in your mind it is only cruel if the animal has enough similar features for you to recognize its suffering, you don't think twice about swatting an insect or a plant, only when the animal has big enough eyes or is capable of conveying its displeasure.
Why the distinction? It's sentimental and not based on any reasonable grounds and therefor I reject it.

Nature itself is cruel and indifferent, the animals, if given the choice, would prefer the captivity we offer, we offer them food, shelter, safety from predators, if given the choice they would chose a stable over the wilds.

Show me how your crooked morality is not ultimately based on sentiments or it will continue to be rejected.
>>
>>36208599
>eating meat
>slavery

Ok bud
>>
>>36208659

"show me how your feelings are based on logic" is just as valid as saying "show me how your logic is based on feelings"

the two are incompatible, humans are not rational actors
>>
File: 1491174915594.png (8KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1491174915594.png
8KB, 420x420px
>>36208618
Why anon, is it because they make your little head really hot and owwwieee? Do you begin to feel a little bit insecure and sad when you realise deep down, that you're actually the bad guy?

When I was 16 I was just like you, eventually I grew up and stopped thinking that I was always on the side of justice. I realised that I'm an innately selfish and shallow person who doesn't actually care what's right.

Ascend anon, either become a moralfag yourself, who places his rationality above his own personal circumstances, or accept yourself as the unenlightened and selfish peasant like I have.
>>
>>36206266
>says while ripping poor plants from the earth

I hope someone rips your arms you sick fuck
>>
>>36208672
Then your convictions are worthless and strictly personal and you should cease attempting to force them on anyone else, I will continue to reject your sentimentalist morality and delight in eating meat unfazed, even relishing the extra flavor that comes from knowing it will sting people like you.
>>
File: wj2.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
wj2.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>>36208693

I'm the same way, except I don't believe in justice

I hate moralfags because they advocate for bullshit restrictions while LARPing as self-righteous transhuman rational entities
>>
>>36208722

I'm not advancing a pro vegetarian argument and I personally eat meat

there's no objective morality or "rational" morality, all values are arbitrary
>>
File: image13.jpg (58KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
image13.jpg
58KB, 500x367px
>>36208618
Op isn't a moralfag, he is just a retard, moralfags understand the food chain.
>>
>>36208790
>there's no objective morality or "rational" morality, all values are arbitrary

Well it all depends on what you'd view as desirable, it would be hard to argue against the survival of the human species being desirable for instance. From that starting point a rationale moral framework might be achievable.
>>
>>36208838

I disagree that the survival of the human species is desirable
>>
>>36208765
don't you think there's a good reason for their moral fagging though? I mean are you only thinking about how you're being affected by it? The moral fags are just on the opposite end of the problem. To be fair most of them don't care how you'll be affected it, and that's why I hate them as well, especially because they are self righteous. My mother is a hardcore feminist who never shuts up about it, but she'll never care if she abuses the sexism towards men, it really is revolting to be around.

Okay fine, hating moral fags because they pretend to be better than they actually are is an agreeable reason I guess. But remember, more often than not, they end up improving people's lives.
>>
>>36208850
If your reasons are purely out of resentment than you are the other side of the coin of the sentimentalists.
>>
>>36208812
>thinking that us, intelligent, sentient humans have to obey the same primitive laws that the mindless beasts below us, who are incapable of rational thought have to obey without choice

Why do you reason in such a simple way? How can anyone other than the intellectual lazy and the deliberately ignorant selfish possibly think that's good logic?
>>
>>36208850
Start by killing yourself then senpai
>>
>>36208889
>*tips fedora*

I too am too enlightened my dear comrade
>>
File: file.png (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
37KB, 640x480px
>>36208919
>le epik hat maymay

you have no place discussing anything you normie simpleton

leave
>>
>>36208659
I don't kill insects indiscriminately, and plants have no will to speak of like animals do. We also need to eat them to survive, and I could argue that they want to be eaten. Because it increases the likelyhood that their species will survive. Plenty of animals have symbiotic relationships to plants which benefit both.

I don't argue from a moral perspective because I know there are too many meat eaters like you who don't care about anyone but themselves or humans in general. Meat in large quantities is bad for human health. Once in awhile is fine, but not for 3 meals a day, everyday for years on end.
>>
>>36206553
They were forced by government because of how harmful smoking is, you can't say the same about bacon.
>>
File: 20160924_222810.jpg (2MB, 2259x1694px) Image search: [Google]
20160924_222810.jpg
2MB, 2259x1694px
>>36208382
I did, picture related. Although it didn't suffer, I shot it in the head. But I'll admit not all my kills were clean. So yea I killed animals and watched them suffer.
>>
File: sesame-street.jpg.image.975.568.jpg (80KB, 975x568px) Image search: [Google]
sesame-street.jpg.image.975.568.jpg
80KB, 975x568px
>>36208515
>>36208535
I appreciate you taking the time BTFO both those guys.
>>
>>36208601
That's why it's only acceptable. You can do better.
>>
>>36206697
It gets better I know a vegan chick who's very out spoken about animal cruelty, she also has a side gig a small time model and has no issue wearing leather during her session. $$$ solves all her moral issues.
>>
>>36206266
>You're killing a suffering being for a trivial pleasure.

No I'm not. I'm eating an animal that has been killed, because it can be good for me and I like the way it tastes. The past suffering of dead animals is no one's concern, nor should it be anyone's duty to prevent the suffering of animals even when vegetarianism only represents an inconvenience for men
>>
>>36206990
>instead of supporting local farms that provide animals with higher standards of living
I do that, most of the meat I eat is either killed by me on a hunt where it had a life it deserved or from the butcher I know. And it's not even about morality here, I like to know my food is not stuffed with all the crap cage farming feeds it's animals.
>>
>>36208952
Causing widespread suffering is inevitable as omnivoers on top of the food chain, be it plants, animals, insects or otherwise, again, why discriminate? The plants wanting to be eaten would only work if we actually benefited them by doing so like birds spreading seeds by pooping them out undigested, which flat out doesn't fly with humans so it's false.

>Meat in large quantities is bad for human health.

That all depends on what your needs are, good luck getting strong and athletic without a plentiful steady stream of protein.
Furthermore it's only a recent luxury that it is even possible to survive without meat, it has not yet stood the test of time, it could turn out that in a decade or two vegans start presenting with similar unexpected long term health issues not found in meat eaters. You say it isn't healthy but in the arctic region there are nomadic tribes who literally eat nothing but meat because they have to and they have survived for generations.

Another thing to consider is the sheer amount of land required to fully convert into agriculture, cattle may require a lot of feed but it does not require a lot of land or fertile soil. Replacing all cattle with agriculture is not feasible because the required suitable farmland to grow crops that are suitable for human consumption simply isn't there.
>>
>>36209027
>if you break your moral code even once it's entirely defunct and I can safely ignore it and not have to think at all!

Ah, meat eaters.
>>
>>36209104
>being a hypocrite does not invalidate my beliefs.

Oke pal.
>>
>>36206266
I do oppose the inhumane treatment of animals. However in my position in life, there's nothing I can do to change the system, and I know me putting more effort into my diet than I already am will take away my own pleasure I get out of life. Just like OP's pic will have no real influence on the average thinking human, I have no real influence on a corporation changing its ways of raising livestock.
>>
>>36206266
I don't care. Meat tastes good, so it is what it is for the pigs and other livestock.

Food chain, my man.
>>
File: 52110846.png (132KB, 400x410px) Image search: [Google]
52110846.png
132KB, 400x410px
>>36209089
When the ancient aliens return and are hungry I hope you're the first on their plate.
>>
>>36209122
She didn't buy or commission the leather garment herself, she was merely paid to wear it. Fuck outta here.
>>
>>36209161
okay? i hope i do too. whatever.

moralfags are the worst
>>
>>36209104
>I'm going to shit talk every meat eater around and never shut up about my superior vegan morals
>Some waves a wad of cash at and I will suspend my believes without batting an eye

Ah, vegan
>>
File: xWcl1LVy.jpg (18KB, 281x281px) Image search: [Google]
xWcl1LVy.jpg
18KB, 281x281px
>meat eaters willing to fuck up their body and shill for an industry that doesnt care about them all at the same time, all because something tastes good

imagine being this cucked

http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletter_article/Red_meat_and_colon_cancer
>>
Humans are the lords of this planet. If you feel so much empathy towards those animals, go and live among them. I'm sure they will appreciate your "ethics".
>>
>>36209200
Well then in a similar vein, why not eat meat when the animal is clearly already dead?
>>
>>36209161
I do too, because then it would prove that a superior species has no issue eating meat
>>
You absolute fucking idiot, its not like some fucking wolf in the middle of the nature is gonna say "I'm gonna shoot you through the head so you'll die instantly". This is how it works, THEY GET EATEN ALIVE. Besides I cannot live without meat
>>
>>36208889
So animals are so intellectually inferior it's pointless to compare our behaviors, but it's okay to claim we should feel empathy for them and that their opinions should matter to us?

You're contradicting yourself, Chingchong
>>
File: lucysnow.gif (431KB, 460x314px) Image search: [Google]
lucysnow.gif
431KB, 460x314px
>/r9k/ is now being shilled to be VEGETARIAN shut-in suicidal NEET transexual faggots
I want all of you fucking brainwashers to leave this board and its posters alone. I just want to feel feels, I honestly don't give a shit about farm animals dying so I can eat meat
>>
http://www.pcrm.org/health/health-topics/meat-weak

>Meat Week by Day. Impotence by Night.
A meat heavy diet can affect blood flow, where it counts. You get the picture. But impeded blood flow is a condition that can be reversed, with arteries literally opening up again, simply by adopting a low-fat, plant-based diet. To learn more, read the erectile dysfunction fact sheet.

>meat eaters so cucked they cant even use their penises
>>
>>36209237
here's a feel you can maybe relate to someday

>tfw didn't listen to the veganposters and ended up getting bowel cancer
>>
File: smugkamui.jpg (12KB, 200x207px) Image search: [Google]
smugkamui.jpg
12KB, 200x207px
>>36207133
http://www.smithsonianchannel.com/videos/do-plants-respond-to-pain/12151
Eat shit, vegan.
>>
File: 1488432439455.jpg (528KB, 1982x2231px) Image search: [Google]
1488432439455.jpg
528KB, 1982x2231px
Why should i care about what someone else eats? kek
>>
>>36209200
That is literally the venerable "It doesn't matter if I eat meat, the meat industry will kill animals whether or not I do" argument to which you'll probably answer it should be his responsibility to work to change the system or not contribute to it or something. She could refuse to wear the leather and quit her job.
>>
>>36209218
We already do live among them, you mong.
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (99KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
99KB, 600x800px
>>36209214
>>36209261

>these posts get ignored because no one has an argument

top kek btfo

i abstain from animal products now so i can fuck your wife when you're 45 and impotent
>>
>>36209207
I mean I hope you accept them using the same logic to eat you.
>>
>>36209261
https://authoritynutrition.com/7-ways-the-low-fat-diet-destroys-your-health/
How about that ?

>4. The Low-Fat Diet Can Lower HDL -The 'Good' Cholesterol
>5. The Low-Fat Diet Lowers Testosterone Levels

Not every meat eater is 400 pounds blob of fat with arteries clogged.
>>
>>36209287
>>36209219
Meat is consumable resource. Leather is not. Once a leather garment is made it doesn't have to be remade every time you want to wear it. They aren't comparable, and again, she didn't buy it.
>>
>>36209261
Weird, I get the most raging hard ons after eating a good, bloody steak. My best sex happens on those evenings.
>>
>>36209214
The sun gives you cancer too. Better not to outside just to be on the safe side.
>>
>>36209304
Fats are found in plants too, you know.
>>
>>36209304
>meatfags so dumb they think fat from animal products and fat from plant bases sources are the same

>has never heard of things like coconut oil, peanuts etc
>>
pigs are literally smarter than dogs but 'muh bacon' tastes good, so fuck pigs.

that being said i wouldnt mind eating a nice dog steak https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-unYQp4kN0
>>
File: hannibal.jpg (446KB, 3000x1996px) Image search: [Google]
hannibal.jpg
446KB, 3000x1996px
>>36209234
I'd argue not just animals.
>>
>>36209319
If you are not melanin-enriched then you're right. All you have to do is cover up or wear sunscreen. Not hard bro.
>>
>>36209320
Not the same type of fats, there is a very clear separation of fats
>animal fats
>plant fats
>>
File: 1480950929598.jpg (40KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
1480950929598.jpg
40KB, 564x564px
>>36209224
>Besides I cannot live without meat

fake news bro
>>
>>36209315
>having no argument so you have to play make believe

>implying you get laid

sad

>>36209319
>better stand on the roof in direct sunlight for 5 hours every day since you might get cancer anyway

meatcuck logic
>>
>>36209323
No meat fags know that very well, and we know animal fats are important part of a diet, but must be kept at the right level.

Now go take your supplements because your vegan diet is so complete
>>
>>36209289
You living in a nice city built by Mankind is not living among animals. Abandon human creation, throw yourself into a wilderness and appreciate the beautiful reality of nature.

Mankind does not belong to Earth, Earth belongs to Mankind. The creatures upon it are at our mercy. Even if nobody exploited animals for some retarded reason, there would still be thousands of species dying out due to our rapid expansion of civilisation.

You lower Mankind to the level of mere beasts, therefore, you don't deserve to live as Men do
>>
>>36209362

>implying you can't live without animal fats

>le supplements meme

>implying you cant get all of your necessary vitamins and nutrients from a bowl of breakfast cereal

meatcucks showing their intellect once again
>>
>>36209354
>having no argument so you have to play make believe
When you make a smug post about how no one can counter your argument, you should have a backup plan better than "claim they're lying" for when they do.
>>
>>36209304
>Whole Wheat: A significant portion of the population may be sensitive to wheat gluten
Haha, gluten free cucks.
>>
>>36209377

>i'm not lying i swear

>implying you had a counter argument in the first place
>>
>>36209234
yes

we should feel empathy for things that have emotions, this includes humans and animals. It's been scientifically demonstrated that even in so called open field factory farms, the animals there show considerable signs of stress

we should not feel empathy for things that don't have emotions, like doors or cars. It's perfectly acceptable to punch a wall because it doesn't have feelings, but it's considered harmful to attack a dog because the dog has feelings

however, we should not expect unintelligent creatures to display reasoning only seen in profoundly intelligent lifeforms, such as humans

I mean, we would expect a human to be able to be able to learn to read and perform atleast simple math provided they are intelligent

however, we would not expect an lion to do so because the lion is profoundly less capable at higher reasoning than humans are

therefore, the logical conclusion of this empathy based approach, is that because animals cannot come up with an alternative solution to their cruel lifestyle, it's okay. They're too stupid to do any better. But humans are capable of ending the cycle of suffering and therefore if we are to be kind and empathic, then we should choose option that does not cause suffering, I.E veganism

of course this assumes that the person in question actually cares about animal suffering. I for one don't so I still eat meat anyway. But I've accepted that I'm a cruel, shallow and and narcissistic person because of it, and I think anyone who's honest with themselves would reach the same conclusion about themselves if they agree with my reasoning but still choose to eat animals anyway

this is merely intended to be a thought experiment, this post serves no other purpose other than to get you thinking about yourself and the world around you.
>>
>>36209334
>The point
>Your head
Everything increases your risk of getting cancers, meat doesn't even increase your relative chance of getting cancer that much. You are more likely to get cancer from smoking cigarettes or drinking alcohol or the sun than eating meats once a day every day.
>>
Jesus Christ, every time I come over to this board you people are more pathetic. The fuck is wrong with you all?
>>
>>36209400

>meat doesn't even increase your relative chance of getting cancer that much

https://www.cancer.org/latest-news/world-health-organization-says-processed-meat-causes-cancer.html

> They found that eating 50 grams of processed meat every day increased the risk of colorectal cancer by 18%.
>>
>>36209371
We need animals to continue to support the Earth. We are at the mercy of the ecosystem that has been established, and with the death of the ecosystem comes the death of our source of food and the death of the human race. We aren't even close to fully conquering nature, and the fact that you think we do just because we live in cities is extremely ignorant and conceited. I don't have to live in the forest to appreciate the trees that we use every day.
>>
File: 1491926205467.jpg (70KB, 770x760px) Image search: [Google]
1491926205467.jpg
70KB, 770x760px
>>36209401
you see anon, some of us have developed a significant enough intelligence to see beyond their primitive desires, and acting in accordance with their philosophical, moral and scientific knowledge, they have chosen to take action to ensure that they can regard themselves as an enlightened individual.

Who knows anon, perhaps one day you'll read a book or two, and have a thought that did not immediately originate from one of your seven basic life processes, and then you may be able to join us.
>>
>>36209418
You have no clue what you're talking about. If your absolute risk of getting cancer is 1.3% increasing it by 18% eating meat increased your chance of getting cancer by .234% making your new risk about 1.52%. WHOA CANCER INCOMING!
>>
File: 1480945215268.jpg (33KB, 373x550px) Image search: [Google]
1480945215268.jpg
33KB, 373x550px
>>36209371
You utterly miseducated cuck. We are NOT the lords of Earth. They are NOT at our mercy. By that logic gut flora are the true lords as we are at their mercy. We need animals to survive. We don't have free reign to do whatever we want.

>Even if nobody exploited animals for some retarded reason, there would still be thousands of species dying out due to our rapid expansion of civilisation.
>You can't stop everything so don't do anything

meatcuck logic
>>
>>36209377
>>36209398

The real kicker is that he had to resort to "you must be lying" (or, less charitably, "lol ur a virgin XD") even though anyone with half a brain and any knowledge of argumentation whatsoever could've easily countered it by pointing out the anecdotal nature of the evidence (i.e. anon might be an individual case but it doesn't mean meat doesn't generally contribute to impotence).

It's embarrassingly stupid.
>>
File: cubicle_farm.jpg (171KB, 1000x574px) Image search: [Google]
cubicle_farm.jpg
171KB, 1000x574px
>>36206266
Like I have the capacity to care when I'm a caged animal myself. Cry me a river
>>
>>36209422
We aren't destroying the ecosystem by eating meat. We keep those animals in shelters for processing. And yes, we HAVE conquered nature. In the early days of our species, Man would have to compete with Lions and various predators. But rose on top, we did not have to change our form to fit to nature, we changed nature to fit us. We destroyed entire forests for resources, hunted entire competing species into extinction, just so we could have greater cities and better lives.

You underestimate Mankind if you think the Earth will be our gravestone. No, Earth was merely our crib.
>>
>>36209371
Are you a sensor and a feeler by any chance?

because not only are you completely ignorant, you've missed the point and you're arguing is not grounded in any sort of defined reasoning or logic. You're literally just saying things that sound kinda cool with not critical thought behind it. Perhaps someone's been playing Warhammer 40k recently?
>>
File: totalbiscuit.jpg (38KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
totalbiscuit.jpg
38KB, 500x281px
>>36209466
>implying people arent at varying levels of risk for cancer

>implying there arent people who eat way more than 50 grams of meat, then drink a soda, then go outside for a cigarette

you're the one who has no clue what theyre talking about clearly

but hey, it's your life. if being a meatcuck is so important to you that you're literally willing to risk bowel cancer and ending up like totalbiscuit then be my guest

be sure to post a cancer feels thread
>>
>>36209466
There's a lot of people on this Earth. Even though the number may look small, it's still significant. Any chance of getting cancer is extremely undesirable by anyone, since it can easily be fatal.
>>
>>36209476
the fact that is was totally anecdotal in nature and couldnt possibly be proven is the whole reason i didnt take his "counter argument" seriously in the first place. learn to read between the lines
>>
>>36209480
It's okay, I think veganism is morally correct, but I don't care enough to actually practice it. it's merely an interesting topic to think about to me.
>>
>>36208954
About that...

http://www.silverdoctors.com/gold/gold-news/yes-the-scientific-evidence-says-that-eating-pork-does-cause-cancer/
>>
>>36209376
There is fact an amino acid you can't get out of plant only diet, vegans are also prone to b6 and iron deficiency
>>
>>36206266
>You're killing a suffering being for a trivial pleasure.
Killing a suffering being is a good thing though.
>>
>>36209469
Yes, we are. We have tamed the wild world and made something out if it where laziness is possible, where sheltered children like you could spout their insignificant opinions on a global network.

>>36209508
There are no "logic and ethics" involved when dealing with animals. It is a human only field.
>>
File: 1.jpg (121KB, 900x507px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
121KB, 900x507px
>>36209529
You're not even OP
>>
>>36209541
Everything causes cancer fampai
Not memeing
>>
>>36209548
>source: my ass

>implying iron and b6 aren't both found in breakfast cereals

>implying all necessary amino acids arent found in coconut oil, olive oil, peanut butter
>>
>>36209509
Your daily sun exposure is more likely to give you cancer then eating a massive steak for supper every day. This argument is idiotic and you don't understand how cancer risk works.
>>
File: fake-news.jpg (58KB, 630x456px) Image search: [Google]
fake-news.jpg
58KB, 630x456px
>>36209548
>vegans are also prone to b6 and iron deficiency

wewlad
>>
>>36209548
That only requires a miniscule amount of meat to achieve, not the same as most people. Now we have supplements that can give similar results as well.

>>36209552
Not if we cause the suffering in the first place.
>>
>>36209578
>everything causes cancer bro so lets just go jump into a big cancer lake and swim to the bottom
>>
>>36209593
>Not if we cause the suffering in the first place.
So you're ok with free range meat?
>>
>>36209587

>implying there arent over 100 types of cancer each with their own level of risk potential

>implying you cant have skin cancer AND bowel cancer

>being this much of a retarded meatcuck
>>
>>36206266
Get fucked, Vegan Gaines. You're a cockswallowing faggot.
>>
>>36209590

who gives a fuck millions of people are obese and drink and smoke

i'm not even vegetarian but fuck me this is annoying
>>
>>36209599
Swimming in cancer intenionally dosent sound nice
Eating bacon that supposedly causes cancer sounds nice
>>
File: 1480914894676.jpg (47KB, 645x968px) Image search: [Google]
1480914894676.jpg
47KB, 645x968px
>>36209611
>free range meat
>not suffering
>>
>>36209554
>There are no "logic and ethics" involved when dealing with animals. It is a human only field.
>ignoring the fact that we as humans are discussing it now.

This is literally the shallowest segment of reasoning I've witnessed this year. Even arguing with feminists has been less eye opening as to the sheer frailness of human thought.
>>
>>36209554
No, we haven't. Where do you think our atmosphere comes from, fuckface? Do we have huge machines that suck up all the CO2 and spew out oxygen? No, we have trees for that, which require an ecosystem to survive. Just because we can guide this ecosystem (poorly) doesn't mean we have complete control.
>>
>>36209618

>it tastes good so i don't care what it does to my body

hey, that sounds familiar. where have i heard that before?
>>
The upper-class California whiteness of this thread is blinding. I bet you think the Native Americans were vegetarian communists.
>>
>>36209633
Life is suffering, retard. If anything free range animals live happier lives than wild ones. If we kill them without them even being aware of it, there's literally no wrong being done. Death is not really that bad
>>
>>36209518
Though this is true, 99.999% of people who eat red meat on the regular will never get cancer from it. It just isn't a good reason to not eat red meat. Should you eat massive amounts of red meats at every meal? Probably not. Will eating a steak every few days give you a noteworthy increase to your cancer risk? No.
>>
>>36209651
They weren't, they lived like anyone else and hunted to survive. However, they didn't overstep their bounds like the settlers did when they slaughtered millions of buffalo in the span of only a few decades. They did make horses extinct, for sure, but that was over thousands of years.
>>
the aliens should come here and they should fucking cage you, force-feed you, torture you, and then eat you, and then laugh as they shit you out of their asses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFhwq80dQm8&t=6
>>
>>36209611
you have to be 18 years old to browse this board, anon

>tfw there are people browsing 4chan in this thread right now who weren't even alive when you started you started browsing 4chan

wew
>>
>>36209692
someone's an INFP
>>
>>36209613
That doesn't address the point I made. Plantcuck
>>
>>36209636
I'm not discussing the ethics of eating meat. I don't give half a fuck about how "free and humane" my fucking food was before it got geekd. I am calling you retards out for what you are doing, lowering Mankind to the level of mere chattle.

>>36209640
My point was totally that we should destroy all nature in the world, nice job changing my words to fit your childish argument. You can stop responding to me now.
>>
>>36206289
stop with this meme, the point isn't that they're killed, it's that their treated like shit you mongoloid
>>
>>36209686
Wait there were horses in America before the Europeans came?
>>
>>36209700
Why are vegans so pretentious?
>>
>>36209709
>INFP
>Being that judgemental
He's an ESFJ.
>>
File: file.png (104KB, 189x267px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
104KB, 189x267px
>>36209692
The quote from Meruem in HunterXHunter when he kills the human dancers is relevant here

Scared woman "Please! S-spare us, we beg you!"
Meruem "Ha-ha-ha, these humans are idiots. Think as hard as those weak brains of yours can manage. Have you ever spared a pig or a cow...as it begged for it's life?"

on the day of the rope, meat cucks will be the first to go
>>
>>36209686
The entire ecosystem of Australia is we know it was practically defined by the mass extinctions committed by the people who evolved into the Australian Aboriginals some 40,000 years ago. Da White Man didn't invent "abusing nature" or whatever hippy shit. (or as Brian King once put it, "Saying that aboriginal peoples were 'one with nature' is about as true and respectful as saying that inner city residents are 'one with gang violence'").
>>
>>36209715
eating meat literally raises your risk of getting cancer.

if want to be less likely to get skin cancer, apply sunscreen. wear clothes that will protect your skin.

if you want to be less likely to get bowel/colon cancer, stop eating meat

it's really that simple, braincuck. as a result of my conscientious choice to abstain from meat i reap the benefit of being less likely to have my bowels ravaged by cancer than you
>>
>>36209757
That's even worse. It means you're dumb and a normie
>>
>>36209751
meh sorry, you seem pretty alright desu.
>>
>>36209692
So you do admit that a superior lifeform has a right to eat an inferior one, yes? You'd even encourage it, provided it's one you personally dislike?

Excellent.
>>
>>36209790
That's my point, anon-san. Do you think I'm >>36209692?
>>
>>36209716
>We destroyed entire forests for resources, hunted entire competing species into extinction, just so we could have greater cities and better lives.
That isn't advocating for destroying nature for the sole benefit of mankind? Where exactly am I misinterpreting you?

How are we lowering mankind to the level of cattle? Just because we want people to stop eating them? Your logic doesn't make any sense. I argue for the health of mankind, in that it will only be better if we stop mass consumption of meat and dairy. Your logic is also dangerous and violent. There are many out there that would consider other races of humans to be less than human, merely look on this website.
>>
>>36209781
Great. You can cut out delicious meats and lower your chance of getting bowel cancers by about .2% and I will continue to eat them and keep my extra .2%. we will still have roughly the same risk of getting those cancers, but you will get to feel superior and I will enjoy my delicious foods.
>>
>>36209826
>.2%

lmao. keep deluding yourself, brainlet. your time will come
>>
File: 1491946128429.jpg (58KB, 500x590px) Image search: [Google]
1491946128429.jpg
58KB, 500x590px
>>36209757

>robots almost universally consider chad and stacey to be degenerates
>robots therefore are extremely judgemental
>the most common robot personality types are INTP, INTJ and INFP

there's nothing wrong with being judgemental, but let's be honest now, your post is pretty stupid.
>>
>>36209315
It's probably psychosomatic. Meat makes you feel like a man, so you get hard.
>>
>>36209742
Yes, but they went extinct due to over-hunting. Who knows, maybe if native Americans had easy access to draft animals their technology would have advanced further that it was and they wouldn't have been so easily wiped out by their invaders. Really makes you think.
>>
>>36208838
rationale is a noun, rational is the adjective.
>>
You might be able to convince me to become a vegetarian but you'll never convince me to be a vegan. I love scrambled eggs too much to give them up.
>>
>>36209799
this.

kek/10
>>
>>36209840
No. Like most people I will probably die of some heart disease related issue long before I get cancer.
>>
Just cut off your genitals

You could live without sex lol

Yeah shut the fuck up. There's a lotta unnecessary things we could live without which are much worse than meat
>>
>>36206555
>Disregard animals, acquire cheeseburgers
You have to go back
>>
>>36209716
Okay, how are we lowering mankind to mere chattle? And please explain how you explanation means mankind has been lowered to mere chattle. Because it seems like you're just making empty statements with no real substance to them.
>>
>>36209826
>only focusing on cancer
Enjoy your higher risk of heart disease, diabetes, alzheimers, acid reflux, ulcers, disgestive issues, weak bones, etc. We all grow old, Anon. Eventually it will catch up to you.
>>
>>36209897
>Just cut off your genitals
Can't. Im a woman
>>
>>36209889
and i'll be fucking your wife after the funeral because my dick still works at 65 all because i chose to eat peanut butter for fat and protein instead of bacon
>>
>>36206627
We don't. Factory does, by stunning them with electricity/co2 and cutting throat after. If I need to kill one I just shoot her in the head. Piglets are killed by hammer or just smashing it against the ground. Btw sry for late replay - mimi acting up.
>>
>>36209902
This person was talking exclusively about cancer, so my response was entirely focused on it.
See
>>36209889
Where I point out I'm much more likely to die of heart disease.
>>
File: cognitive-dissonance.jpg (11KB, 240x192px) Image search: [Google]
cognitive-dissonance.jpg
11KB, 240x192px
>>36209897
>nutting
>worse than killing millions of sentient beings for lunch meat
>>
>>36206266
OP is probably a troll but i still want to be their friend
>>
>>36209915
Sure you can. You just aren't trying hard enough.
>>
>>36206627
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-aWfg2DTCw

this video may give you a nice idea how animals are being killed in meathouses

and before you think this is some kind of third world shithole, it's belgium.
>>
>>36209812
Destroying forests =/= destroying entirety of nature. You painted my words as extreme "haha destroy all nature xD hardcore"

Not eating meat and animal products because "its sad and they feel just as we do" IS lowering Humanity to their level. We cannot even be compared. Cannibalism however, does involve ethics, as Humans are sentient beings with thought. Mass killing animals for food is not violence, mass killing Humans is.
>>
>>36209939
You don't have to post on a computer. Do you have any idea the amount of energy you are utilizing for simple pleasure and the effect you have the environment?
>>
>>36209917
I myself eat almost exclusively poultry and fish, but do enjoy a nice steak every now and then. I'm just pointing out how dumb the cancer argument is.
>>
>>36209941
>anyone who disagrees with me is obviously a troll
why don't you try following the conversations happening in this thread, I feel as if some good points are being brought up.
>>
>>36209988

>having mercury as a staple of your diet

wew lad

your risk of dying of a heart related issue and getting some kind of potentially lethal cancer are about the same, since you only want to speak in relative terms
>>
File: 1446141301309.jpg (112KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
1446141301309.jpg
112KB, 540x720px
>>36206983
>I've always said that 1st worlders cannot be robots.
It's always the same 3 or 4 people propagating this shit meme. 1st worlders are the TRUE robots, think about it: born with one of the best starts in life and still fails at life because of mental illness/disorders and autism.

Meanwhile most of the third world posters are normies/failed normies that just don't get the same opportunities as in the west to truly fulfill their normalfag wants.
>>
>>36209973
False equivalence. Not nearly the same thing as butchering a suffering animal. Also

>what is solar panel

Supporting the meat industry is the most heinous thing you do on a daily basis and it would only take a little change in your habits to rectify. You needlessly kill suffering things because you can't be fucked to make a minor change.
>>
>>36210032
by that logic i'm a TRUE robot because i was born with a chad face and body but am too autistic to act on it
>>
>>36209973
>we must be completely evil or completely good

why? This seems like arbitrary reasoning, although you're certainly correct, fossils fuels are the niggers of the environment and I certainly advocate for the calculated and practical but urgent transition to green energy sources.
>>
>>36210045
Indeed. That's what I'm getting at.

(self diagnosing doesn't count by the way, being "le shy xD" just makes you a failed normie).
>>
File: 1463357301743.jpg (30KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
1463357301743.jpg
30KB, 680x510px
>>36209709
>>36209766
>>36209799
>>36209805
All these (You)s. It's that easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzMnR6IAe18
>>
>>36210043
>False equivalence
Wrong. The premise you are using is "it is unethical to do things you do not have to do to survive, if such things cause the suffering of other creatures".
Using this, you can argue that humans should all live in 1x1m^2 cubicles and consume nothing but planckton to minimize the suffering we cause to other creatures.
>>
>>36210011
That's a retarded meme. There is a negligible amount of mercury in salmon, tuna, shrimp and basically every type of commonly consumed marine life. Did you know there is some amount mercury and uranium in your precious vegetables too? You're basically eating cancer, anon!
>>
>>36210084
It is a slippery slope. The 'vegan' reasoning doesn't stop at simply not eating meat.
>>
>>36206990

If vegans were like 1/100th as obnoxious, maybe I could take them seriously.
>>
>>36209967
I'm not painting it as extreme, because it is extreme. People will go to any lengths to make money and expand their position. Your logic allows them to do that. When do you say stop? Your posts all sound like you don't give a shit as long as it advances humanity.

Like I said, some people, people on this website even, would say negroids aren't sentient. And mass killing of animals is violence. I don't know why I even have to argue this with you.
>>
File: 9g8kzvE.jpg (881KB, 3110x1750px) Image search: [Google]
9g8kzvE.jpg
881KB, 3110x1750px
>>36210045
>>36210086
Well not really because a chad is the sum of looks + personality and robot is pretty much the opposite end the spectrum from chad .i.e looks fucking awful and has a shit personality + neuroses

You're just a normie dude, a slight stepdown from chad
>>
>>36210101
>doesnt realize that mercury can accumulate in your body in the brain and kidney areas
>>
>>36210111
>waaaaaaaaaaaah people make me feel dumb >:( derfore I will not agree dem xDDDd that'll deach dem!

come on anon, you've basically realised the shallowness of your reasoning.
>>
>>36210130
if i'm a normie wheres my gf? where's my happiness? why am i a 23 year old NEET with too much social anxiety to function? why cant i look people in the eyes?
>>
>>36210045
>>36210130
Come to think of it, you're right. If you are getting any attention from girls (I don't know who told you you had a "chad face and body" but I would assume this is how you know) then you aren't a robot. If you actually have autism you are a robot at best and if not you are pretty much a failed normie/borderline normie depending on your social success.
>>
>>36210091
You're arguing in extremes. We can live symbiotically with nature and support the life in them without restricting ourselves in such a huge fashion.
>>36210111
We're only obnoxious because meatcucks will never believe the truth on their own and can't accept it from a vegan. They would rather live in ignorance just so their taste buds feel good.
>>
File: 1491946382856.png (44KB, 186x178px) Image search: [Google]
1491946382856.png
44KB, 186x178px
>>36206266
>eating lunch with some roastie friends
>they ask what I've been up to
>tell them I went hunting
>they erupt in outrage and unironically tell me I'm a terrible person for killing an animal
>they're eating burgers and chicken sandwiches
Fuck roasties
>>
>>36210091
>"it is unethical to do things you do not have to do to survive, if such things cause the suffering of other creatures".

No, the argument, which you conveniently misinterpret, is that "it is unethical to do things you do not have to do to survive, if such things cause gratuiutous suffering to other creatures".

>Using this, you can argue that humans should all live in 1x1m^2 cubicles and consume nothing but planckton to minimize the suffering we cause to other creatures.
No you couldn't because no human could survive like that.
>>
File: this thread again.jpg (13KB, 275x305px) Image search: [Google]
this thread again.jpg
13KB, 275x305px
>>36206266
Take your virtue-signalling anti-science food-based religious cult somewhere that people care
>>
>>36210177
>They would rather live in ignorance just so their taste buds feel good.
>implying "meatcucks" don't acknowledge the suffering of animals
>mistaking indifference to the suffering of animals with ignorance

how can you be this dumb?
>>
things die in nature. thats how it is.

pigs are be treated badly in those places and i agree that they should be raised differently

but if youre saying killing things to eat in general is bad, you need to kill yourself. shit dies. get over it, you dont see any vegan lions surviving do you? kek
>>
File: feminismretard.jpg (28KB, 460x360px) Image search: [Google]
feminismretard.jpg
28KB, 460x360px
>>36206266
$5 says OP is pro-abortion and doesn't get why that is hilarious
>>
>>36210148
The half life of elemental mercury is only a few days, you piss most of it out. The only type of mercury compound with a noteworthy half life is methyl mercury, with a half life of about 3 months I think it is. Do you base your life off of Facebook memes?
>>
>>36210228
i don't see any humans going out and killing animals with their claws and teeth, then eating it raw either. you know, it's almost like humans and lions are two completely different species. really revs the friers
>>
>>36210168
>social anxiety
Meme disorder.
If you have a chad face and body then girls will find that "cute" that you get what people like to stretch and call "social anxiety" and they will overlook it.
>where's my happiness?
uhh
>23 year old NEET
Mate try coming back in about 7 years with some perspective you're a youngling with your whole life ahead of you and you just think you're depressed because it is trendy.

I haven't spoken to another person in 5 months barring my local shop owner. I am on psych meds and I am a NEET shutin who has been in and out of psych wards.

take your normalfag problems elsewhere bro
>>
>>36210251
>muh needs

I've yet to hear a solid an argument on why humans should restrict themselves to only fulfill their basic needs
>>
>>36210249
https://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxprofiles/tp46.pdf

>According to the ATSDR the half life of inorganic mercury ranges between 1-2 months
>Organic mercury ( such as methyl mercury) also have a long half life that ranges between 50-65 days and more.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylmercury#Human_health_effects

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1175560-overview

>meat and fishcucks in charge of knowing anything
>>
>>36210177
>You're arguing in extremes.
What is that, dumb-speak for being consistent?
>>36210187
>gratuitous
What difference does it make? Are you expecting cows to sign a contract or something?
>No you couldn't because no human could survive like that.
You could survive. Just barely. Why do you need anything other than that?
>>
>>36210252

>can't even do a job interview without sperging out and getting talked into a corner

>meme disorder

wew lad
>>
>>36208013
aren't you a edgy fellow
>>
>>36210296

changing the goalposts like a true meatcuck
>>
>>36209418
>processed meat
What if you eat only non-processed?
>>
>>36208013
You have to be 18 to post on this board you edgy fucking 13 year old tool
>>
>>36210341
I'm not changing the goalposts. If your argument was that humans shouldn't kill animals because they can't do it without any kind of tool, then by that same logic we shouldn't be wearing clothes and living in houses

But I'm pretty sure your argument was that humans aren't carnivore like lions and don't need to eat meat
>>
>>36208013
>feelings are just data

no one asked to hear about your data
>>
>>36210372
>You can't be perfectly harmless so don't minimize harm at all

Stop eating meat (trivial) = lives saved

At least admit that your consumption of meat is at odds with your morality.
>>
>>36206266
Well here's the thing: non-humans can't think and it's perfectly fine to do whatever to them. Additionally they're the underworld's beasts, each of them is against people so we should be against the disgusting animal and eat it! It's not taboo to discuss the condition, it's just the only people who give a shit are brainlet normies!
>>
>>36210372

>If your argument was that humans shouldn't kill animals because they can't do it without any kind of tool

not my argument at all.

you compared humans to lions which is fucking stupid because lions are incapable of making choices like abstaining from meat. you are not a lion. you are not a wild animal driven by instinct. you do not live in the savannah.
>>
>>36210246
You sound like an incredibly simple person. But let me give a quick rundown

Life by itself is objectively worthless

Pain and Happiness and the potential for pain and happiness are the two fundamental variables at which the value of life can judged by.

Arguing in dumbed down FB memes only exposes you as poor reasoning skills, and discredits those who agree with you but have developed reasons by association.
>>
>>36210305
>>Less than 15% of inorganic mercury is absorbed from the human gastrointestinal tract (Rahola et al., 1973).
15% of .06mg is .009mg of mercury. Unless you are eating the most mercury contaminated fish (tuna) every day you are not going to see an effect from it. Has anyone ever been so clearly working backwards from their conclusion?
>>
>>36210435

>i was proven wrong so i'll change the goalposts
>>
>>36210412
I'm not the guy who made the lion comment, but you just confirmed that your argument is "muh needs" and "muh choice" like I said

>>36210410
>lives saved

lives that have no value to man beyond their usefulness to him. If you want to argue otherwise, we'll get into an endless cycle of me calling you a sentimentalist and you calling me a barbarian
>>
File: veganism.png (236KB, 600x424px) Image search: [Google]
veganism.png
236KB, 600x424px
>>36210372
such a dumb faggot meat munching scrub

meatfags cant be robots because all the normalfags eat meat and vegans/vegetarian/pescatarians (for the special snowflakes out there) are the only dietry requirements that are excluded. Also
>big feels for the welfare of animals but not people
Robot as fuck.

All meat eatin normies get the fuck off my board.
>>
File: O1V6BFvj.jpg (18KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
O1V6BFvj.jpg
18KB, 320x320px
>>36206266
Well done OP, you managed to trigger over 100 meatcucks with just one post.
>>
>>36210422
Pain and happiness are not opposites.
>>
>>36206266
low testosterone, high estrogen,no muscle and b vitamin deficient retard is what vegans are
>>
>>36210465
I know they're not, if they was I'd only say happiness and the potential for happiness.

However, I don't think you can break human will down past pain and happiness.
>>
>>36210465
>>36210487
Perhaps suffering is a more apt antonym?
>>
>>36210445
>Fish has negligible amounts of mercury
>Mercury gets excreted
Where did I move the goal posts? I'm pointing out that along with having negligible amounts of mercury in it, and that you excreted it, that also barely any of it even gets absorbed anyway. Do you have a single valid argument against eating meat that can't be shown to be nonsense with a basic knowledge of biology, chemistry or math?
>>
>>36210447

>but you just confirmed that your argument is "muh needs" and "muh choice" like I said

what's your point exactly? humans still aren't lions and as thus shouldnt act like them. just because lions eat meat doesnt mean that humans should. eating meat isn't a life or death choice for you like it is for a lion
>>
>>36210511

>The half life of elemental mercury is only a few days, you piss most of it out.

>i post a link proving you wrong

>b-but you wont see an effect from it!
>>
>>36210466
alternatively you can you do a quick google search and find out that there are plenty of viable alternative sources of vitamin b and protein available to vegans

In fact, I'd wager plenty of vegans are likely better fed than omniniggers are because to avoid dying, they have to meticulously calculate and devise a perfect diet, whereas hedonistic impulsive omniniggers often eat what they feel like, and therefore nurture a malnourished diet
>>
>>36210513
Neither is showering, sleeping in a bed, or keeping warm by fires, much less using a computer. You COULD live just fine without them. There are alternatives. You'd just have less fun.
>>
>>36210513
>humans still aren't lions and as thus shouldnt act like them.
why?

>eating meat isn't a life or death choice for you like it is for a lion

why should that stop us? Oh right, because you want a human concept (morality) to be applied to wild animals, just because
>>
>>36210562
but none of those things marginally increase your risk for cancer and they don't involve taking the lives of innocent animals either
>>
>>36210569
>why?
You should have been aborted faggot. Please tell me you're being ironic.
>>
>>36210487
>I don't think you can break human will down past pain and happiness.
That is too simplistic.
>>
>>36210569
>why?

why dont you lick your own genitals the same way a dog does? they seem to enjoy it after all?

>why should that stop us? Oh right, because you want a human concept (morality) to be applied to wild animals, just because

wrong. i want humans to act with a moral compass. i don't expect a wild animal to have the same capacity for conscience as a human. which is exactly why humans shouldnt act like animals and you just proved my point
>>
>>36210537
I'm guessing you never took chemistry past grade 9 or so. Elemental mercury is mercury atoms, inorganic mercury compounds have more than 1 atom, and lack carbon. you are comparing apples to oranges and declaring the victor. I didn't mention inorganic mercury compounds because I didn't have the exact compounds found in fish on the top of my head. It also doesn't invalidate any of the points I raised.
>>
>>36210585

Using a computer is definitely bad for your health, sleeping in beds (or inside, for that matter) arguably is. You weren't evolved for it. You were meant to sleep on cold earth. Also, you know, to run around escaping tigers.

And the computer you're using was almost certainly built using components whose acquisition involved slavery, likely of children, in several steps along the way, not to mention great damage to the environment from the mining and processing of metals and production of plastics.

Every shitpost you make is a monument to how little a shit you give about our planet and all who live in it, not to mention thousands of children in the Third World. You care more about pigs than about human children, with a far higher capacity for suffering and potential happiness.

How do you live with yourself?
>>
>>36210628

>changing the posts again to cover that you were wrong about how long mercury stays in the body

sad
>>
>>36210602
That doesn't sound like an argument to me. You know, actual philosophers can actually give coherent answers to questions way more "basic" than this one, no matter how dumb they may seem.

I'm asking you; if a human dominates nature, what's stopping him from doing what he pleases with it?
>>
>>36206266
Meat comes from slaughterhouses and animals die there. Yeah, we know that. And so what? Do you think we give jack shit about some fucking pigs?
>>
>>36210644

>having this many fallacies

>implying this correlates in any way to the previous argument

stupid meatcucks
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
>>36210644
>sleeping in bed is harmful

Come see! Come see! This is what meatcucks have to resort to to justify their degeneracy.
>>
>>36209877
Thank you for the correction however I think there is a difference between European and American English in this.
>>
>>36210644
Furthermore: there is an extremely strong likelihood your computer, at this very moment, runs software developed by Israelis. By buying it, you financially supported the continued subjugation of the Palestinian people and by not throwing it away your every action validates the continued occupation of their lands.
>>
>>36210626
>why dont you lick your own genitals the same way a dog does?

Because I can't reach it. I know what point you were trying to make, but it's not much different from masturbation and many people would actually do it.

>i want humans to act with a moral compass.

The point went over your head. Animals are not subject to morals because they have no purpose beyond their usefulness to man.

Humans should be treated as humans and animals as animals. Simple as that
>>
>>36210671
>If I quote things in greentext and add "imply" they will become wrong

The lengths to which you'll go to escape the fact that your immoral first-world decadence is fueled by human suffering are truly saddening to see.
>>
>>36210647
Cool. You haven't presented a single convincing argument, addressed in any intelligent way the points I've made and have consistently demonstrated that you don't full understand the points you are presenting or even the subject matter you're discussing. You haven't made me any less likely to eat meat and undoubtedly haven't convinced a single person in this thread that not eating meat is superior, in that regard you have failed utterly in effectively presenting your side of the argument.
>>
>>36210585
>innocent animals
>innocence

dropped. This is the entire basis for vegancucks' reasoning. They find animals endearing because of their defenselessness. Why waste time arguing with emotions?
>>
File: tigerpigsDM3011c_468x242.jpg (51KB, 468x242px) Image search: [Google]
tigerpigsDM3011c_468x242.jpg
51KB, 468x242px
>>36210711

>going to these lengths to defend and justify your shit habits

damn

pic related a carnivore with a better moral compass than you
>>
>>36207173
>>36206266

herbivores are not like carnivores, and omnivores is not a buzzword. most herbivores have extremely picky diets including only a limited range of plants, special equipment for digesting only them, are extremely sensitive to the point of poisoning to other plants. this is because they need to do this to be able to live off only plants at all. I know of no example of mammalian herbivores having a generalized omnivore digestive layout while eating no animal products at all and consuming a wide range of plants.

In other words, nature disagrees heavily with veganism.
>>
File: cognitive-dissonance-17-728.jpg (149KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
cognitive-dissonance-17-728.jpg
149KB, 728x546px
>>36210644
>I can't cure all suffering so that justifies me feasting on the flesh of a suffering creature for my trivial pleasures
>>
>>36210750
>a carnivore with a better moral compass than you

because it's feeding pigs?

>implying humans don't keep pets or rescue wild animals on a daily basis
>implying I was not referring to cattle when I said "animals"

I won't bother searching for whatever your logical fallacy is
>>
>>36210720
>suffering is inevitable and can't be avoided therefore i have no problem causing as much suffering as i please

>being so upset that you were proven wrong that you write a whole paragraph to hide from it

>ignoring the points i made

>>36210737
by your logic we might as well eat babies too. and mentally disabled people. and the elderly, hell, anyone that can't fight back. let's eat them. meatcuck logic everyone
>>
>>36210690
I do not think there is.
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/rationale
>>
>>36210810

>Animals are not subject to morals because they have no purpose beyond their usefulness to man.

edgy faggot detected
>>
>>36210813
I draw the line at my own species. Is it so hard to imagine? There are no grey areas between what is or isn't humans, unless you want to talk about certain races, but the main thing that separates us from animals is our capacity for abstract thought, which no other living species has that we know of
>>
>>36210754
>you shouldn't eat meat because that is a trivial pleasure
>it's okay for me to use a computer even though that is also a trivial pleasure
The people who suffer from cognitive dissonance is vegans. Those who follow veganism to its ultimate conclusion commit suicide.
>>
File: 1424302573976.jpg (29KB, 216x259px) Image search: [Google]
1424302573976.jpg
29KB, 216x259px
>>36206266
>implying everyone doesn't know where meat comes from or it being a taboo
>implying opinions of little cuckboys who think this is a discovery and don't know how to use the expression 'cognitive dissonance' matter
>implying anyone including you gives a shit about some pigs or cows dying thousands of miles away
>implying veganism isn't a jewish ploy to turn western men into weak sissies
Call me back when they are sapient beings.
>>
>>36210856
>I draw the line at my own species. Is it so hard to imagine?

but why? after all, meat is meat
>>
>>36210843
Aren't you going to prove me wrong? Would you say that humanity has held "edgy" beliefs for 95% of its history?

I'm sure you love to watch videos of teacup pigs, but cattle is cattle.
>>
>>36210866
>eating the flesh of a dead animal is the same as using a computer
>>
>>36210754
>>36210754Neither can you. Unless you used to be a hunter or a butcher until recently (which I somehow doubt), your becoming vegan has done absolute zero to prevent the suffering of animals. The exact same number are still being butchered and are either eaten by others or thrown to the garbage. Yet, you find this to be somehow morally uplifting. By continuing to use a computer, you are simply proving that you have ever so slightly different standards of what trivial pleasures you deserve at the cost of other people suffering (personally, I'd say it's even less moral since you need your computer far less vitally than you need any kind of food, plus the suffering is caused primarily to humans. Not that you'd care, you monster)
>>
>>36210890
>Aren't you going to prove me wrong?

it's pointless to try, you meatcucks will use any necessary amount of mental gymnastics and fallacies to justify yourselves. i'd rather just let bowel, colon, or pancreatic cancer have you and call it a night
>>
File: False-equivalence-graphic.jpg (7KB, 326x242px) Image search: [Google]
False-equivalence-graphic.jpg
7KB, 326x242px
>>36210866
>>36210866
>>it's okay for me to use a computer even though that is also a trivial pleasure
>implying i think it's okay
>what is solar panel
>implying that the harm caused by my pc use is comparable to the suffering caused by meat-eating
>pic related
>>
>>36210880
I just said it. Abstract thought. That's what separates us from "just meat". It is the source of all morality, culture and intelligence
>>
>>36210918

>Abstract thought. That's what separates us from "just meat". It is the source of all morality, culture and intelligence

what makes these things so important that humans shouldnt be eaten?
>>
>>36206266
I'd tell you to take Psychology 101, but hell, you could Wikipedia "Cognitive Dissonance" and probably find out just fine that this is a question that answers itself. Cognitive dissonance is resolved by either changing one's behavior or attitude. By deciding you don't give a shit about pigs, you've solved the cognitive dissonance. Done.
>>
>>36210908
You can talk about cancer all you want, it's not the reason you're so opposed to eating meat. Because if it was, you'd see just as many "anti-smoking activists" if not more.

Stay butthurt, pusscake
>>
Not only am I vegan, but I don't even eat food. Checkmate, atheists.

Soylent.
>>
>>36210941

>implying you wont be the butthurt one when the cancer reaches your colon or prostate
>>
>>36210894
Indeed. It's not any intelligent person's fault your arbitrary standards are based on fuzziness and the availability of videos on Facebook. By using a computer you are "inflicting suffering" (or ignoring its infliction - it's not quite clear, same as with your half-assed "logic") the exact same way and by the exact same logic someone does by eating meat they didn't butcher themselves.
>>
>>36210959
Everyone's going to die one day, buddy. Even your precious animals. Especially the animals, actually
>>
>>36210894
>>36210911
>it's not the same
Hmm let us examine this claim using the vegan logic.
Using a computer contributes to the suffering of other creatures. (yes)
Using a computer is not needed to stay alive. (yes)
Causing the unnecessary suffering of other creatures is unethical. (yes)
I believe you need to reconsider your unethical actions right now and turn off your computers.
>>
>>36210911
>what is solar panel
I don't know, I thought it was used for creating electricity using sunlight, but you seem to know a kind that builds electronics in Malaysia without child labor or creates plastics without releasing massive amounts of pollutants.
>>
>>36210972
>paying money to an industry that butchers (often inhumanely) the animals they sell is the same as using a computer
>>
>>36210932
It's what makes us us. That should be as good a reason as any.
>>
>>36210994

>Using a computer contributes to the suffering of other creatures

?????????

>mental gymnastics
>>
>>36211015
i'm not buying it. seems arbitrary to me.
>>
>>36210932
yeah right we should be able to kill and eat people like we do animals and not get punished for it am i rite?
>>
>>36211009
Only if you're willing to argue that an industry that enslaves children (often in horrific and unhealthy conditions) is preferable to one who butchers animals, which I'd say is pretty fucked up.
>>
>>36211027
Do you understand where your computer comes from, who built it? Do you understand the harm that producing it does to the environment in the form of pollution?
>>
>>36211047
So what is your argument? Are you asserting that existentialism is not a good enough reason to seperate humans from animals?
>>
>>36211027
>Using a computer contributes to the suffering of other creatures

How is that illogical, by your (admittedly bizarre) rules? I don't butcher my meat myself. I don't kill an animal. I merely buy one that's already been killed and would've been killed regardless. Same as you use a computer whose production involved human suffering without whipping any Indonesian child yourself.
>>
>>>36210644

>And the computer you're using was almost certainly built using components whose acquisition involved slavery, likely of children, in several steps along the way,

source: my ass
>>
>>36211047
It's not. It's an evolutionary trait to feel (or have awareness) that you belong in something, whether it's a community (in the case of humans) or your own species.

Cannibalism can be observed everywhere in nature, but it's not so common among mammals, is it? Ever wonder why?
>>
Lol meat eaters btfo in this thread
Just stop guys it's ok to feel bad
>t. Voracious carnivore
>>
>>36211095
>Ever wonder why?

Because it fucking kills you?
>>
File: monkeys.jpg (25KB, 462x244px) Image search: [Google]
monkeys.jpg
25KB, 462x244px
>>36211091
How is that cognitive dissonance working out for you?
>>
File: 1480967131444.png (150KB, 526x351px) Image search: [Google]
1480967131444.png
150KB, 526x351px
>>36211095
Because you're a cuck who doesn't do research. Cannibalism occurs among mammalss during desperate times desu, including with humans. I can forgive animals but humans should know better. I'd rather die than eat a man. Why? Because I'd like for you to do the same unto me
>>
File: childlabour.png (552KB, 658x588px) Image search: [Google]
childlabour.png
552KB, 658x588px
>>36211091
>source: my ass

>made in china

Do you own any apple device by any chance?

Not like any other brand of electronics is different mind you, it's just the most recent scandal that came to my mind.
>>
>>36211147
Not the other dude but all my shit is Genius and runs uBuntu. Who did I kill?
>>
>tfw you get over 20 (You)'s in a single thread without even putting an effort into your bait

vegan posters and the cucks who argue with them are equally easy to trigger
>>
>>36210825
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rationale

>Examples of rationale in a sentence
the rationale for starting the school day an hour later is that kids will supposedly get an extra hour of sleep
>>
>>36211145
I never said it didn't happen, I said it's uncommon. A hungry lion would much, much rather go for a gazelle than another lion, even if the lion has more meat on it. A pride of lions would much sooner attack an elephant than eat each other.
>>
>>36211193
?? The link you posted confirms what I told you. It is a noun and not an adjective.
>>
>>36211147
what if you bought your computer used and none of the money went to the company
>>
>>36211172
Check where whatever hardware or even clothes you use are made from.

If it's from a third world country it's guaranteed that it involves child labor and work conditions that are basically legalized slavery.
>>
>>36211219
It's still something produced by someone, it doesn't change anything.
>>
>>36211219
You are giving money to a person who bought the computer from the company. It is likely that money will be used on a new computer.
>>
>>36211136
>he won't reply to this post because he has no answers
>>
A meat-eater who helps the homeless is doing more to prevent suffering than a militant vegan/vegetarian who isn't.
>crying MUH ETHICS while there are starving and miserable homeless people within 10 miles of you.
>>
>>36211357
>tfw 25 (You)'s and counting

i'm not here to add anything to your discussion. i'm just being inflammatory on purpose so this shitty thread will reach reply limit
>>
>>36211172
Likely some children in Senegal, since that's where a lot of the metals used for producing circuit boards is mined. Much of it is carcinogenic, by the way, and the children in the mines aren't issued safety equipment - so that's already one account of giving African children cancer.

There's also the issue of all the plastic in it. Beyond the fact that the production of plastic inevitably produces large amounts of pollutants (air and water, plus a lot of unperishable waste once you throw it away), there's that most of it is still made from oil, for the acquisition of which there are entire countries in the Third World which have been plunged into decade long wars and taken over by barbaric dictatorships which last to this day.

Plus, by having a computer of any kind you continue financially supporting the computer industry itself.

That's really just scratching the surface, of course.
>>
>>36211089
It is assumed that normal products such as a computer is made with ethical labor. Meat is never made ethically as it always involves slaughtering an animal. Computers last many years and have untold number of uses in our day to day lives, enriching it more than any other technology in the history of mankind. Meat tastes good for a few minutes.

They aren't comparable.
>>
>>36211219
Then the one you bought it from bought it from the company.
>>
>>36209991
im a vegan, man. chill out. i just think they're a troll because it's r9k
>>
>>36211422
Why does suffering in one area mean that suffering in another area is okay? Or do really mean for me to completely stop buying or using any product that has any sort of human suffering attached to that I did not consent to? I am not a hypocrite for choosing to reduce suffering where I can in my day to day life, I am not a multi-millionaire mogul or a politician or a police officer whose job it is to reduce child labor crimes around the world.
>>
>>36211427
>It is assumed that normal products such as a computer is made with ethical labor.

I won't lower myself to the point of posting a laughing Pepe, but, you know, just be minded that this would be the point to post a laughing Pepe. Don't you need a bathroom break from drinking all that Kool Aid?
>>
>>36211427
> it always involves slaughtering an animal

or it involves turning the lights off with a bolt pistol, then using the meat instead of letting it go to waste. Meanwhile, children die so we can have first world luxuries; THAT is a waste of life, not eating,
>>
>>36209027
What's her first intial, I know a vegan girl who is a small time model and those ethics go out the window for $$$ or when it's time to feed her pets meat.
>>
>>36211458
>Why does suffering in one area mean that suffering in another area is okay?
That is not the argument being made. What it goes to show is simply that you do not follow your own reasoning.
>I am not a hypocrite for choosing to reduce suffering where I can in my day to day life
You can choose not to use a computer. If your veganism was anything but vapid grandstanding you would.
>>
>>36211427
>It is assumed that normal products such as a computer is made with ethical labor
By the willfully ignorant, which vegans tend to pride themselves on not being.
>Meat is never made ethically as it always involves slaughtering an animal.
Maybe, but the point is that you're supporting an equally immortal industry by using your computer.
>Computers last many years and have untold number of uses in our day to day lives, enriching it more than any other technology in the history of mankind. Meat tastes good for a few minutes.
Anon, for the past hour or so you've been using this amazing technological triumph of mankind to shitpost on 4chan about veganism, arguing with people whom you don't like and which you know very well you won't convince. In your day to day life, your computer probably serves you for very, very shallow entertainment and perhaps making your job a tiny bit easier (lazy much?). Good to see that saving a few trips to the local library is worth enslaving children in your mind, though. This all assumes you don't watch porn, of course. You do realize the staggering amount of suffering endorsed and inflicted by the porn industry, yes? Hentai counts, by the way - it still teaches children to objectify women.
>>
Animal Abolitionist coming through with superior opinions:

Animal Welfare yards think they can save the animals by giving them a bigger cage and organic grains.
Nope.
They're still fucking dead at the end and they've spent their life as a captive of humans.

Abolition is the only way to give animals true freedom again.
>>
>>36211458
But that's the thing, you're not reducing suffering. The point of the computer example was to show you that. By not eating pork, you don't save any more pigs from the slaughter than you do children in Africa by not using a computer. Rest assured, anon, the meat and computer industries still exist, and whatever of their products you will not personally use, someone else will.

If you think that's illogical, might as well admit that so is your moral stance on veganism. If you think your moral stance on veganism is logical, then by that same logic you should stop using a computer or accept the fact that you're an accomplice to child slavery.

See? THAT'S cognitive dissonance.
>>
>>36211555
What about the freedom of humans to eat animals?
>>
ah yes, I remember back in 10,000 B.C when the cavemen discovered vitamin pills and stopped eating meat.
>humans are omnivores, get over it you malnourished faggot
>>
>>36211540
>If your veganism was anything but vapid grandstanding you would.
So the only way I can justify veganism is not using anything? Because you would be hard pressed to find anything in your day to day life that doesn't involve some sort of child labor or suffering in the world. The house you live in, the products you use, anything. Sure, I can choose not to use a computer but it won't convince you any more than what we've said here because you can find any source of human suffering and connect it to me to somehow oust me as a hypocrite because I'm choosing to use it to make my life easier than a medieval serf. My using of a computer doesn't support child labor just because the manufacturers choose to use them.
>>
>>36211643
I'm more amused by the implication that human meat eating is some kind of greed fueled conspiracy. Which has apparently been in place since the time of Homo Erectus.

Either that, or the argument that tribal societies only ate meat out of scarcity.

Because gathering is just so much harder and berries are so much rarer than meat, which vegans, at the very same breath, will criticize for being so labor intensive to acquire. You know the Ojibwe saying "Only a fool hungers who lives by the river?" That's not because the Ojibwe lived in fucking deserts.
>>
>>36211670
>So the only way I can justify veganism is not using anything?
By your own logic, yes. Pretty stupid when you put it that way, isn't it?
>>
normie faggot non-vegan here. My vegan boyfriend will not shut the fuck up about being vegan, and expresses disappointment anytime I eat meat. I never promised him anything, I did go vegetarian for a month, but all I did was just eat more cheese, which he hated. I can't eat it at his house, I can't eat it in my house if he's there. But here's the thing: he works at a fucking steakhouse. He prepares other people's steak, puts chicken in their salads, but he preaches at me. I pointed out the hypocrisy, but he just says he needs the money and he'll quit eventually but he's just concerned about my overall health. How can I get him to stop preaching at me once and for all when he still contributes to the meat industry, has pets, and kills insects?
>>
>>36211670
>So the only way I can justify veganism is not using anything? Because you would be hard pressed to find anything in your day to day life that doesn't involve some sort of child labor or suffering in the world.
It is not really a matter of you justifying it. It is simply a matter of whether or not you actually believe the reasoning you have used. The case being made is that you do not.
Personally I find the reasoning absurd and bordering on a suicidal denial of life itself.
>>
>>36211588
Meat is a supply and demand industry like any other, only the product is extremely short lived once it's processed. Butchered meat only lasts a few days, up to a few weeks when frozen. Social change is a slow process and requires many years to implement. Just because you don't see an immediate reaction in the meat industry doesn't mean nothing happens. The less people that eat and buy meat, the less that will be produced to support demand.
>>
>>36211670
if you justify veganism as the "right" choice, rather than "your" choice, then you would have to extend your justification to more than just what you eat. or else you would be doing a bunch of shit that you fundamentally believe is wrong, and in that case you forfeit any judgment of someone else. Or....you can still judge, but then it looks like you're projecting, as if you think there's some value to obsessing over everything wrong about you.
>>
>>36211718
No, it's fucking retarded that you think that just because I somehow cause suffering in one area means that I just shouldn't give a fuck and not even try. Fuck the world, amirite? Nothing I can do about it.
>>
>>36209590
I donate blood on the reg and have seen le vegan meme women turned away because they havent enough iron. Fuck off cuck.
>>
>>36207118
Because valuing some lives more than others is a natural human trait?
>>
>>36211775
No, he thinks you should try in both areas. Or all areas, rather. And in accordance to your logic, he's right, otherwise you're just a hypocrite.
>>
>>36211775
If you care so deeply, why not go live in a barrel under a bridge, washing your veggies the river?
>>
>>36211775
>"try"
>i don't put some type of food in my mouth
>i'm so noble

if you can justify not eating, you can justify not using a computer or riding in cars/buses/planes. you literally are still doing nothing to the world if you choose beats over bacon. you're the guy who posts a link to twitter believing you solved poverty and you're calling people retarded.
>>
>>36211733
I don't even believe the moral implication is only reason we should stop eating meat, I believe in the health benefits more. The problem is is that no one believes them because they aren't readily apparent. It's like the tobacco industry. Years ago nobody believed cigarettes had any negative health effects, or negligible ones. The overall suffering of the world would decrease as more people went vegan, as less health problems would happen.
>>
>>36211764
>Meat is a supply and demand industry like any other, only the product is extremely short lived once it's processed
Your point? Every computer sold causes a lot more human suffering than every pig slaughtered, and they're far more expensive, so each sell boosts the industry and incentivizes further human rights abuse to a greater degree. At the end of the day, you're trying to do first grade maths with human suffering. How's that for pathetic attempts to justify your immoral behavior?
>Social change is a slow process and requires many years to implement. Just because you don't see an immediate reaction in the meat industry doesn't mean nothing happens. The less people that eat and buy meat, the less that will be produced to support demand.
Indeed. So if you stop using computers and convince all your friends to, who knows? Maybe one day that evil industry, too, will die out! We can each do our part! If we really care, that is.
>No, it's fucking retarded that you think that just because I somehow cause suffering in one area means that I just shouldn't give a fuck and not even try. Fuck the world, amirite? Nothing I can do about it.
Your cognitive dissonance really is painful to watch. Don't trip on any of those mental hoops, will you?
>>
File: 1481033084133.jpg (12KB, 249x247px) Image search: [Google]
1481033084133.jpg
12KB, 249x247px
>>36211802
I (a vegan) also donate blood on the reg and see meatfags from campus cafeteria get btfod all the time for anemia and vitamin deficiency. Don't act like meat eaters are the paragon of health.
>>
>>36211827
Yes, I am surely a hypocrite for not living like a pig. Please forgive me my sins. In fact, I might as well kill all humans because we are the g
>>
>>36211871
by your own logic you still live like a pig. sounds like a personal problem.
>>
>>36206266
even the most trivial level of pleasure for me is worth the lifelong suffering of an animal (and even some people).

That's one of the luxuries I'm afforded by simply being a citizen of the Western World.

>b-but that's not ethical!
Couldn't care less if I tried
>>
>>36211871
So judging by your indifference to human suffering, I take it you only care about animals because they are so "innocent". Generally, we're endeared to what we think is either below us or vulnerable.

So I suppose that's as far as your mental fortitude goes. How sad
>>
>>36211853
So you also think people shoud be forced to exercise?
>>
>>36211853
Sitting in front of your computer will never be as healthy for your eyes, muscles and bones as running outside all day. What the hell are you doing?
>>
>>36211913
I love how you people berate me yet do literally nothing and care nothing about anything you're talking about. What exactly do you do that eases human suffering?
>>
>>36211855
Computers are not comparable to meat. Computers are an important technology in the modern world are are required by many industries, industries that reduce human suffering. Meat does not do any of these things and is not required for living. Computers can also be made ethically by adults paid fair wages, which can be accomplished through politics and law enforcement, both of which use computers to do their jobs in a more efficient manner.
>>
>>36211899

whoa anon you are so dark and cool,you remind me of uchiha sasuke from that japanese cartoon
>>
>>36212021
You do not need a computer to live.
>>
Out of genuine curiosity, why do you care so much about the animal's lives? Why do you feel it's beneficial to care about how the animals are being treated?
I never felt some sort of internal struggle to justify the existence of slaughter house. Why would it matter if we massed slaughtered them?
I thought the only reason people got attached to animals was when they took them in and projected qualities onto them causing them to grow attached.

I'm not trying to argue, just genuinely curious why people care about animals/or why they see it as beneficial to care
>>
>>36206266

Veganism
>requires land
>land cleared for agriculture
>bird lose nesting sights
>small animals lose homes
>pesticides need to keep out pests
>insects and rodents are now killed off

There's is no one solution to feeding humanity that doesn't involve the killing of animals
>>
>>36211959
>>36211959
Nothing, but neither did we at any point claim a moral high ground.

You're grasping at straws, anon. Cognitive dissonances are resolved by changing behavior or changing attitude. Stop being a vegan, or accept that your moral excuse for it is flimsy. It's not all that bad. You still have a strong argument for it being healthier.
>>
>>36212044
You don't need anything besides food and water to live. What's your point?
>>
>>36211959
But I do care. The worst of human suffering we're seeing right now is probably in Africa. Why do they suffer? Because of the Post-War World Order keeping them down as long as First World countries dominate the global economy and rise the prices of food/medecine. Foreign aid is nothing more than a front, and charity is not helpful. You hear a lot of leftist rhetoric saying that the richest people in the world could easily feed the entire world population for a year or so, but what would that accomplish? Does charity actually create growth and long-term stability/safety?

I could go on and on, and I'm not going to complain about animals being killed
>>
>>36211853
i don't think even you believe that.

first of all, many vegetables are literally toxic for an animal to eat at any level. even if you forget about contamination or the same harmful chemical procedures that are used in meat processing/packaging.

second, health problems don't come from food. they come from too much food. maybe it's harder to become obese on a vegan diet (only due to costs), but you can still fuck up your arteries and liver and kidneys. you'll eventually have heart problems no matter what you eat if you live a sedentary lifestyle.

suffering shouldn't be a quantified measure. it shouldn't matter to you if 50 or 5 million pigs are getting butchered. we can only work on the process of butchering and being more efficient with the product.
>>
>>36212082
>What's your point?
Are you too unintelligent to see the point? Or are you being obstinate for the sake of it? I think the latter.
>Computers are not comparable to meat.
>because
>Computers are an important technology in the modern world are are required by many industries
So obviously my point is that you do not need a computer to live and therefore a computer is indeed comparable to meat since you do not need to eat meat to live.
>>
>>36212021
meat is eaten by many people who reduce human suffering. you likely do not, at least not as much as you make people suffer with your whining about what you eat, so stop using your computer.
>>
today I put out some poison to kill some ants in my backyard. The ants are going to carry the poison down into their farm, eat it, and die slow agonizing deaths.

Go ahead and call me Hitler, vegans.
>>
>>36212082
Irrelevant, in this case. I revel in my consumption of luxuries I don't need to live. You, on the other hand, seem to be deeply morally opposed, which brings your sincerity into question since you don't stop using computers.

>Computers are not comparable to meat. Computers are an important technology in the modern world are are required by many industries, industries that reduce human suffering.

Your personal computer is not one of those. As I've mentioned before, odds are yours is mostly used for entertainment, and not even very good one at that. If we got rid of computers that don't serve a vital function and the computer industry shrank massively, do you have any idea how much suffering could be prevented? Is that not a desirable goal, anon? Don't you want all those children in Senegal to get less cancer? Or is 4chan just so important to you that you wouldn't sacrifice your easy access to it for their sake?
>>
>>36212078
You claim the moral high ground by calling me a hypocrite for not going all in. I don't really need a moral excuse but I defend it because the alternative is the slaughter of humans. Any of these reasons for sacrificing the lives of animals wantonly can easily be applied to humans, and the only argument I've seen against it is that we are human, therefore we must care about other humans. Except even this very website looks at certain races as less than human and would easily slaughter them all. Why is your human based morality any better? Unless you literally have no morality.
>>
>>36212126
that reminds me of how vegans often struggle to draw the line for animals they care about. they usually give up when you mention that it's exactly the same thought process for drawing any line.
>>
>>36212158
Humans are more valuable than other animals.
>>
>>36212188
Why? The children in Senegal aren't doing anything to more valuable to you than the pig you ate. Why not eat them?
>>
>>36212158
why are you rambling?
>>
>>36212158
>You claim the moral high ground by calling me a hypocrite for not going all in.
Not at all. That's your brain on full defense speaking. I'm showing you the folly of your own way of thinking from a purely logical perspective. Because it relates to morality, the way to do this is obviously to show to you how it's not as moral as you think it is. At no point did I claim that my approach is more or less moral (at least on a scale of "moral-immoral". It IS less moral on the scale of "moral-amoral", if you want to get philosophically nitpicky as a way of further distancing yourself from having to confront the fact that your way of life is based on a fallacy).
>>
>>36212206
Intelligence. Those african children have a much greater intellectual potential than a pig, which admittedly is smart for an animal.
>>
>>36212206
pig already exists to eat. why don't you eat your computer?
>>
>>36212206
>why should your own species matter more to you

ask the other mammals. We can claim to be set apart from other animals in some way, by way of abstract thought, but we can't claim to be separate from the animal kingdom., or even our own class as a species
>>
>>36212206
Same reason you claimed it's okay to eat plants before: a greater capacity for suffering and potential happiness (not to mention that it'd be more expensive and less healthy).
>>
>>36206343
>animals don't have souls
This.
>>36208017
>ring around the rosy everyone having the plague are funny gaems now
>my mommy told me to pick this nigger and you are a game too
>london bridge might fall down but let's sing about it now it's no big deal
Yes not cartoons alone but yes.
>>what happen's when we die?
something something religion something something cruel mind control tactics something something if we're poor you're an evil child and santa hates you enough to keep you barely alive with coal to survive this winter better luck next year, if you're a good boy you'll do as you're told and make father money.

But yeah, animals are on relgion's shitlist.
>>
>>36212206
Kuru is a nasty way to go, anon.
>>
>>36211145
>I'd rather die than eat a man.

but that's just it anon. You're able to make that assessment because you have a capacity for abstract thought, which animals lack.This is also why they don't comprehend/don't care for your hypothetical forgiveness
>>
File: empty waters.png (17KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
empty waters.png
17KB, 625x626px
is there even any other appropriate response?
>>
>>36206266
pigs have been slaughtered brutally since the cave man days.
Eating is not a trivial pleasure
>it's life giving
>It'll be fixed as the economy repairs. No rush
>>
File: 72BrG8LWQb-10.png (28KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
72BrG8LWQb-10.png
28KB, 300x250px
>>36206266
Who knew insulting meatfags would be the most triggering topic of all time on r9k? They'll never give up their tendies OP, but good on you for trying.
>>
>>36212115
My point was that you are reducing ad absurdum. Obviously we don't need computers to live. It has no bearing on why I choose not to support the meat industry. Human suffering in child labor making computers has no bearing on my choice to reduce animal suffering in the meat industry, as well as human suffering from the health problems that over consumption of meat causes. I will support those who do work to reduce child labor but this isn't the issue we're discussing. You can claim it's more important in the grand scheme of things, but it still has no bearing on this issue. You could argue about anything else you want. Maybe I support Trump in his attack on Syria to stop their leader from causing his people suffering, but it still has no bearing.
>>36212131
So I'm guessing that to you all entertainment is completely useless luxuries that anyone that cares about human suffering would never use? If you don't care about anyone but yourself how can you berate me and not come off as a terrible hypocrite yourself? The people that use computers for important uses all had to start somewhere, and it's better to let them use it while they're young. We need electrical engineers, programmers, manufacturers, marketers, politicians, law enforcement, etc. Why should we limit everyone's usage of them because manufacturers choose to use unethical means to produce them?
>>
>>36212318
The last hundred posts of so have been mostly that one vegan desperately trying to refute the computer argument. I don't know who made it but I salute the man. This is some top tier countertrolling
>>
>>36209509
Check out he reddit spacing on this one lads. HAHAHAHA.
>>
>>36212367
>So I'm guessing that to you all entertainment is completely useless luxuries that anyone that cares about human suffering would never use? If you don't care about anyone but yourself how can you berate me and not come off as a terrible hypocrite yourself?
This would be a good time for you to take a break and check up on the definition of "hypocrite". I don't think it means what you think it means.
>>
>>36212396
His argument boils down to "I don't give a shit. Since you give a shit about one thing, why not X? Hypocrite." Being immoral is only cool on 4chan.
>>
>>36212419
It's okay to admit you care more about pigs than children. Pretty messed up if you ask me, but okay. It's the internet.
>>
>>36212367
There is no reason to argue against the idea that animals suffer in the meat industry. They do. Is the meat industry immoral? A bit, yes.
Is veganism empty grandstanding? Most definitely.
>>
>>36212437
You care about neither.
>>
>>36212461
But I don't make a habit of going around telling people they're evil or stupid for it. You're a special case, since you've gotten so invested in it. You could've stopped at any point and I'd have stopped responding to you, but evidently you're quite interested in exploring the logical basis to your moral justification for not eating meat. I merely assist.
>>
>>36206266
I love animals, and feel bad if I see one in pain. I can't tell you how much it would kill me to see my dog in pain. But I don't love them enough to stop eating meat. I'm sorry.
>>
>>36212490
Well if you want to indulge me then how about this: let's say in a hypothetical scenario that I was apart of some sort of international police force specializing in human rights violations, specifically those relating to child labor. Would I then be justified in being a vegan? Would I have a solid reason to use computers because I actively stop the use of children in their production?
>>
File: 1480964292597.jpg (74KB, 1543x1360px) Image search: [Google]
1480964292597.jpg
74KB, 1543x1360px
>>36206266
If you don't admit there's an inherent contradiction between eating meat and your basic morality towards """cute""" animals such as dogs you 100% unironically are engaging in cognitive dissonance.

At least admit you're morally inferior to vegans.

t. self-loathing carnifag
>>
File: vegansdefeated.png (312KB, 500x564px) Image search: [Google]
vegansdefeated.png
312KB, 500x564px
>>36211007
Holy shit never have I witnessed such a shutdown on /r9k/

Planthomos truly BTFO
>>
talking to animals and doing stuff with them used to be my fantasy when i was only a wee lad.
then i see faggots like OP and ruin everything.
now i love meat more than ever.
>>
>>36212753
I can't tell whether you A: a samefag B: a vegan who's pretending to be an omnivore in order to discredit them through association or C: a retard

hmmmmmmmm
>>
>>36212619
Not by your own logic. You've based your stance on a very black-and-white approach to morality (or you wouldn't think it's immoral to continue eating animals slaughtered by other people - so long as suffering was inflicted along the way, you'd say it's immoral). As you yourself have observed, that's a very harsh standard to live by, since we are all dependent on harmful industries in order to maintain our modern first-world standards of comfort (it doesn't seem to my like you're willing to go live in the forest naked and never light a fire for your ideals, and nothing is more destructive to a shallow system of morality than internal inconsistency).

Concerning your own suggested scenario: it of course depends on your system of judgement. However, try looking at it this way: what you're suggesting is that minimizing suffering in one area ENTITLES you to enjoy suffering in another area. You are bargaining with suffering. Does that seem moral to you? Based on your posts so far, I doubt it would.
>>
File: dumb fag.png (50KB, 810x403px) Image search: [Google]
dumb fag.png
50KB, 810x403px
>>36212797
D: none of the above

I would say you should be embarrassed but as a vegan though I'm sure you are used to being incorrect by now.
>>
>>36212844
>what is switching from wifi to data

Samefags account for moments like this.
>>
>>36212884
So then you just made an assertion that cannot be proved/disproved completely. To continue to argue with someone as stubborn and braindead as you would be like arguing against a fucktarded creationist.

See ya, hick.
>>
>>36212930
>I can't win an argument so I will just insult you
you sure showed them *lettuce fives you*
>>
>>36212619
Look at it this way: you've obviously already realized that you can't follow your moral argument to its logical conclusion, since being involved in any way with any industry that causes any amount of suffering is immoral and you wouldn't become a caveman, you're left with two options:
A. Drop or change your worldview.
B. Argue that this isn't a binary issue and shouldn't be reduced to a "either fully moral or fully immoral" question. However, if you do that, it means that you agree that there's a *certain* amount of suffering which you think is acceptable. As a philosopher, it now becomes your job to attempt to objectively measure that amount, because "however much suffering *I* cause by enjoying those luxuries *I* couldn't be assed to give up" is clearly not the ethical answer.
(technically there's also option C, which would be to accept the fact that your behavior is immoral, but let's assume for a moment that you're not willing to do that)

That about covers cognitive dissonance, btw.
>>
>>36212076
You have to do all of this to make food for animals, though, and on a much larger scale since have to feed an individual for many years for a few packs of bacon and a couple of hams, which will feed several people for a week at best.
>>
Aquaponics and arcology are the future, see y'all
>>
>>36212991
What argument is that?
>>
File: 729.gif (137KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
729.gif
137KB, 340x340px
>>36212930
>thinks the universe is billions of years old
>>
Cause bacon is yummy and everyone knows meat comes from animals and dont give a fuck if theyre treated like shit. They wouldnt even be around if we didnt eat them.
>>
File: smug anime face.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
smug anime face.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>36213150
>thinks
You could have just left it there bro and we would have an understanding all the same
>>
>>36213058
I just don't understand why it has to be a black and white issue. I've already stated that there's no avoiding suffering because it's ever present in anything we use. Even people in shitty, 3rd world countries will have their own products they buy that cause suffering. Even if I were to become a caveman I would cause suffering to somebody, somewhere.

The difference is whether you can concede some things to reduce suffering where you can, while leaving others because they've become either too ubiquitous, too useful, etc.

I choose to abstain from meat and dairy to avoid the suffering of animals. Mostly I do it for the health benefit, but this doesn't convince everybody. My argument isn't that you should only stop supporting immoral activities full stop, but stop what you can manage. Everyone turning into cavemen isn't going to stop anything.
>>
>>36206266
>Be covert vegan because can't have meatfag parents cut me off
>Go abroad with them on vacation
>Meatfag country
>Go into restaurant today
>Entire menu is meat or dairy
>They're not going to leave because they found lamb chops to stuff their "food"holes with
>>Also out in some bumfuck nowhere village an hour from the next civilisation and they're hungry
>Order me tzatziki, bread, and soup before I even get a say (they tolerate me being "vegetarian", but vegan is too much)
>"Anon, why aren't you eating? Eat the food now anon; we have to go soon!"
How do I atone for this? I tried vomiting it up, but it's too far gone. Not gonna kill myself over some milk, but I feel some form of self punishment is in order to avenge the animal that had its udders shoved in a fucking vacuum cleaner-esque death machine.
Actually feel like fucking hell, both emotionally and physically.
>>
>>36213150
>Creationist
>On 4chan
Nah fuck off LARPer
>>
>>36212318
Saved and I'm >>36212280 by the way famicoms and a vegetarian because I need dairy.
>>
>>36206553
not the same thing.
They could tell you that bacon is harmful too, wouldn't make a difference.

If they put pics of how poor people are used to harvest tobacco less people would be buying
>>
>>36206266
>nearly 500 replies
>ctrl f oats
>ctrl f brother
>zero results
WHAT THE FUCK
>>
File: veganscrewed.jpg (253KB, 640x1550px) Image search: [Google]
veganscrewed.jpg
253KB, 640x1550px
Not a single bite of food reaches our mouths that has not involved the killing of animals. By some estimates, at least 300 animals per acre including mice, rats, moles, groundhogs and birds are killed for the production of vegetable and grain foods, often in gruesome ways. Only one animal per acre is killed for the production of grass-fed beef and no animal is killed for the production of grass-fed milk until the end of the life of the dairy cow.

99 percent of vegetarians/vegans are fulfilling a selfish desire to feel good about themselves.

By not eating meat they feel a sense of validation about doing right morally.

They disregard evidence about the importance of animal proteins in the history of human evolution.

They pretend to occupy moral high ground and then preach to others from perceived superiority. But when faced with a true starvation situation they will eat meat. The fact of life is that we are animals.

Life consumes life. There is no biological classification of life which is superior to any other. Only the human brain creates such abstractions and only the human brain requires validation through abstraction.

>>36213141
Lel dude don't expect him to reply. Vegans don't have arguments beyond "muh morality" and when you show them they're wrong they don't have a leg to stand on.
>>
>>36213208
That's not the same stance you've taken throughout this thread, though. If you've actually changed it because anon managed to get you to rethink your life than, holy shit, /r9k/ actually did something good for once. If you're moving the goalposts, meh, at least you're less obnoxious.

>The difference is whether you can concede some things to reduce suffering where you can, while leaving others because they've become either too ubiquitous, too useful, etc.

That's the "bargaining with suffering" argument I've mentioned before. Do you think it's right for your mostly symbolic gesture in one area (since we've well established that your personally avoiding meat does not reduce pig suffering any more than your avoiding cellphones would reduce Chinese suffering) to entitle you to enjoying the fruits of suffering in a different area?

Mind you, I'm very much not expecting you to say "yes". I'm expecting you to either say "no" and thus agree that you're not particularly more moral than most of the meatcucks on the thread (which, if nothing else, might make you more polite the next time you show up to one), or to meditate on the subject and hopefully emerge with a more mature, nuanced view of good and evil.
>>
>>36207036
How about that everybody that turns Vegan ends up becoming an intolerable asshole?

You guys preach freedom and love but literally shit on anybody who doesn't agree with you.

die dude
>>
>>36213392
I'm a vegan and I'd take the antidote

why?

because the death of a human would cause much more suffering than animal being factory farmed

(moral) veganism is realising that when we don't have to resort to cruelty, we shouldn't. When we have no other options however, then we must chose the lesser of to evils.

that being said, I'd curse myself for being stupid enough to get bitten in the first place, and vow to avoid doing so again in order to minimize

it's like you meatcucks just can't argue without resorting to simplifying other people's arguments to trivial statements and applying extremist logic

tl;dr your post but it looks as stupid as the image
>>
>>36213392
Yeah but those field mice can run and weren't imprisoned their entire lives idiot. That's different. They have a fighting chance and freedom. Unfortunately people like you are okay with people being locked in cages and raped too, put into slavery, etc, and that is because most people eat meat that we're so heartless and have no honor. Of course it's for my own gain to not eat meat, what goes around comes around. A cow gets caged and forced to give milk before the slaughter, I get put on probation to werk for free before I get slaughtered in transit in a car trying to go to werk super fast to make somebody huge profits that should be mine in a fair world that respects itself and gives itself a fighting chance. It's the cage and the guaruntee of death that is fucked up. Eating eggs and having diary products isn't that bad by itself, not inherently.

You have no concept of honor. You have no concept of respect. None of fairness. Enjoy reaping what you sow.
>>
>>36213491
Holy shit why do you pick the most faggoty of reasons to not eat meat you fucking crybaby bitch lmao I stick with vegetables because they have a much better protein to calorie ratio and have less saturated fats, not because im a stuck up pussy.
>>
>>36213416
>Anon stops eating meat to prevent animal suffering
>Hurr unless you are the modern incarnation of mother tereasa or Ghandi then you have no right to try and be moral!
This is dumb. Would you also like to argue against people who do their bit to help save the environment?
"Hurr stop recycling bruh! You use hot water when showering so you shouldn't do anything at all to help the environment!"
>>
>>36213141
>>36213392
That post was ironical, look at the greentext you fucking autists
>>
>>36209722
I'm treated like shit all the fucking time and I'm a human being.

Fuck your pigs.
>>
>>36213465
>muh my feelings why are they getting frustrated me after I just called faggots 100 times and refuse to objectively perceive the topic

you're literally like a disabled child who's angry that his mom isn't giving him his tendies after he threw the last ones he had at some old lady

why can't you see you're own involvement with the problem? You probably think you're so fucking smart but holy shit this is is such a stupid string of logic and I see everywhere

aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fucking day to day solipsists
>>
>>36213208

You're not "reducing suffering where you can", anon, we've gone over this. The pigs would be slaughtered either way. If you make the argument that your not eating pork matters because it would cause incremental harm to the meat industry ("If I, and you, and you, and you, and you won't eat meat, one day the industry will crumble! *starry eyes and rainbows*), you have to confront the same argument regarded your use of computers, your wearing of clothes, etc.

If your veganism makes you feel good about yourself, that's one thing. If you do it for health, that's another thing. If you claim objective moral superiority to meat eaters because of it, then you're fucked. The fact is, you could live your whole life as a vegan and not reduce a hundredth as much of the suffering as you could volunteering in a homeless shelter for four hours a week.
>>
>>36213523
>acting on one's perception of right or wrong
>faggy

you literally sound just like Stacey after she just took 20 black dicks

I wish you normies would go back to /r/4chan and /r/T_D
>>
>>36213514
>field mice can run and weren't imprisoned their entire lives
By this logic you should be okay with eating free range meat and consuming free range eggs which would make you not vegan or vegetarian.

>some shit about milk being okay
Okay we have estabilished you aren't vegan. If you don't eat meat then see the paragraph above you are a hypocrite or are just being intellectually dishonest when it comes to what you choose to consume. If you DO eat meat, what the fuck are you doing here trying to argue with me?
>>
>>36213598
Might makes right. Start offering real reasons to switch to veganism, and stop crying about perceptions of bad things and screeching about animal deaths.
>>
>>36213532
hahahahahahahahahhahahaaaaaaa

oh my fucking god wow

Okay mate, you're implying you would trade places with these pigs? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-aWfg2DTCw

hahahahaaaaaaaaaaa
hahahaaaaaaaaaa
hahahahahhahahaa the first world is fucked
we need to go back to the 1940s
hahahahaa
>>
>>36213529
Sure it's dumb, but it's his view of morality, not mine. If you go and claim that anyone who enjoys the fruits of an industry which has at any point inflicted any amount of suffering, which he did at various points in order to shut down any number of meatcuck arguments, he should be able to live with the fact that by this impossible standard he's not moral either. I'm all for doing stuff for the causes I believe in, I just accept the fact that my behavior is mostly based on immediate comfort (i.e. I recycle because, by my subjective measurement, it doesn't require me to do or sacrifice much compared to giving up my enjoyment of meat) instead of trying to place it inside a crude and barely functional moral clockwork theory to go shove in people's faces and tell them how they should be ashamed of themselves for not being as noble as me.
>>
>>36213531
>ironical
And you are being retardical. Want to show me where this person asserts an actual argument rather than just accuse me of same fagging like some booty blasted leaf muncher, faggotical?
>>
>>36213650
yes I would.

Pigs eventually get killed.

I would love to be killed.
>>
>>36213392
>the importance of animal proteins in the history of human evolution

>Pretty much only B12 and DHA supplements are necessary, and the demand for these has made them easy as fuck to get your hands on
>No proteins that have to come from animals whatsoever
Fucking kek, my meme.
>>
>>36213660
Is immoral*.
>>
>>36213635
My arguments are only meant to convince someone who's empathic and therefore wants to minimize suffering.

If that does not concern you then so be it. It's not interest to reduce suffering so why would you make (albeit minor) sacrifices in order to achieve that goal?

I'm not a vegan myself for the reasons mentioned above, arguing about vegan is really just a fun game to me
>>
>>36213532
Maybe if we weren't meat eating cruel faggots then you woudln't be treated bad. Notice how you said fuck you pigs? You reap what you sow. It's karma. Monkey see monkey do. You refuse to break the cycle. You are treating yourself like shit. We treat them like shit then another creature, ourselves. Ever notice how sociopaths tend to be cruel to animals? It's the cruel system. Even though most of us aren't sociopathic we fuel the system by buying the meat. The system stays cruel because we are not motivated enough to use our anger to make people nicer by making more animal activist laws. Your own fault because yes, you are that big brother.

brother please be nice and share the oats
>>
>>36213716
Yet you still condone the use of a computer. Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>36213672
unlike pigs however, humans get to choose when they die?

don't believe me? try this one trick

grab a fork, find the nearest mains socket and stack in there as far as possible, if you don't die the first time repeat until you do

seriously, try it if your life is really so bad.

if you're concerned about how painful it may be, then rest easy knowing that it's still a 1/100 of the pain those pigs goes through

my god
>>
>>36213684
There is a reason why herbivores spend so much time eating their food, not to mention digesting it.

Enjoy spending half your life eating to make up for your implied moral high ground veganbro.
>>
>>36213745
how long does a pig grown for food live?

They lack the cognitive ability to give a fuck.
>>
File: FaceApp_1491959957904.jpg (180KB, 639x639px) Image search: [Google]
FaceApp_1491959957904.jpg
180KB, 639x639px
>>36206304
>if I put a picture of gore on a food product's cover would it sell?
>>
>>36213416
>Do you think it's right for your mostly symbolic gesture in one area to entitle you to enjoying the fruits of suffering in a different area?
No, because I'm not bargaining at all. I'm not assuaging my feelings in one area (animal suffering) to the other area (human suffering) because they aren't related. Everyone here is arguing that human suffering always trumps animal suffering because reasons, but they are both bad and I can only do my part in the areas I can. Reducing my meat consumption lowers the demand slightly, and if more people join me they can lower it further. Fighting for children's rights through voting and politics is all I can do unless I want to join said hypothetical international police force.

Abstaining from buying computer components won't help because the technology is much too useful to forgo and thus no one will be willing to boycott and entire industry that has so greatly enriched the life of humanity. And nobody has argued otherwise, everybody knows how useful computers and the internet are, even to third worlders. I will try to be conscious about my purchases, but I'm not omnipotent. As I have said over and over again, they are not comparable.
>>
>>36213745
>>36213765
Don't believe me?

Go ask a pig how it feels about it's situation.

Let me know what it fucking says.
>>
>>36213629
You don't have to torture the cow to get it's milk. We could give it drugs to make it happy. You just don't get it. We're not even trying because we treat them as just a cash crop. So are we to our system. So are we to each other. We hate eachother because of a lack of a kind philosophy.
>free range meat
No baka. The mice getting ran over by tractors are an accident. Hunting is not even the same thing you obnoxious faggot. That's like saying killing an old man that was about to die anyway is okay just so a millennial can steal his job.

Honestly, the old guy was about to die anyway? Sociopathy ends with your friends jacking off to you getting torutred.
>>
>>36213716
Karma doesn't exist. Some of the richest most powerful people on earth are some of the most evil and dishonest, and yet they are top dog.
>>
>>36213765
>how long does a pig grown for food live?

wait am I reading English right now?

and no, from the general gist of your post I get that you're trying to say that pigs don't suffer as much

well unfortunately for you (and the pigs) they've scientifically demonstrated by comparing the brains of factory farmed animals against demoncasted animals of the same generation and breed that the factory farmed animal brains are severely degenerated, just like humans brains are when they're subjected to repeated extreme emotional trauma as a child

>>36213801
wow

you are quite possibly the most retarded person I've met this year

if you're arguing that pigs are too stupid to care about being factory farmed, then I would argue that you therefore must also be way too stupid to possibly care because I'm pretty sure I could have a much more stimulating conversation with a fucking pig than you

jeez

>"waaah why r vegans soo mean >:((((("

you brought this on yourself
>>
File: download (8).jpg (27KB, 262x192px) Image search: [Google]
download (8).jpg
27KB, 262x192px
>>36213672
>i want to be reincarnated as a pig that gets to sit in a pin for years knowing nothing else, then get my ass beat and boiled alive at the end of my life
Wish granted.
>>
>>36213774
>I can only do my part in the areas I can
You're not doing your part by being a vegan.
>Reducing my meat consumption lowers the demand slightly, and if more people join me they can lower it further
The exact same could be said of the use of a personal computer.
>Abstaining from buying computer components won't help because the technology is much too useful to forgo and thus no one will be willing to boycott and entire industry that has so greatly enriched the life of humanity
Your personal computer, used almost solely for entertainment, does not enrich the life of humanity. And frankly, the odds of some great global personal computer boycott somehow shifting culture to the point where they aren't popular anymore is about as high of the same behavior getting humanity to stop eating meat after the hundred thousand odd years it's worked fine.

Nobody's trying to attack your morality, they're attacking your logic. You concede that there are needless luxuries you are not willing to give up, even if it would reduce suffering by however diminutive an amount (despite your apparent perception that "every drop in the ocean helps"). Therefore, unless you're willing to think of yourself as immoral, you should accept the fact that other people can also refuse to give up certain luxuries without being any eviler, stupider or more selfish than yourself. Your fixation on animal cruelty is, by your own admission, arbitrary and illogical.

To put it a different way: would you approve of a meat eater who didn't use a computer in silent protest of the treatment of Chinese factory slaves?

You could also continue to endlessly nitpick at how meat is unlike computers, which will simply draw this argument out longer as someone points out you still wear clothes, etc. but it seems to me we're past this stage, at least.)
>>
>>36213763
>Oh noes, what will I do now I have to digest my food? The horror; it's just going to be sitting inside of me for a while!
>Also, there's no food processing methods that can break through the cellulose/chitin/etc. before I eat or anything, allowing me to get more out of my food. Not like cooking, mashing, and juicing exist or anything, y'know?

>Also implying it's moral superiority and not just what I'm personally comfortable with and find tasty
>>
>>36213743
(You)
>>36213818
They ate meat faggot. It's a system. The system is thought of as karma because it may as well be. It does exist. The system is cruel because you're okay with it being cruel. Money see monkey do. Money doesn't make you happy either.
>>
>>36213813
>You just don't get it
Nice argument.
>We could give it drugs to make it happy
Are you on drugs yourself, mate? The supposed painkiller drugs or whatever fucking drugs you propose we give a cow is a fucking stupid idea. When we eat meat the drugs that were in the meat would build up in our system and we would overdose. Not to mention if the costs of the drugs would raise the price of meat. Leading to more people having to starve and die, all because poor daisy had to get her fix. Terrible idea. Next!

>we treat them as jus a cash crop
Well yeah that sucks but what is the alternative? I'm not sure we can sustain 7 billion people on plants alone, and it isn't like we can force the whole world to just give up on meat and crow crops instead. It is a necessary evil I'm afraid. Next!

>We hate eachother because of a lack of a kind philosophy
Hmm not really. Society has progressed to a point where we are becoming more efficient in how we do jobs such as farming, whether that means more higher yield or a shorter/cheaper timeframe to obtain the product. This means that we prioritise the rights of people over animals, otherwise that shortage of food we get just means more expensive food, more people starving ect. I don't think mere philosophy is going to be the thing that changes the way we act morally. Hell, we can't even agree on a universal philosophy or religion, there are hundreds of them. Sure a lot of them preach the same thing but how many people ACTUALLY follow the things like the ten commandments?

>Hunting isn't the same thing
Either way the animal died so that a human could eat. Also I didn't mean the tractor running mice over, I meant more population displacement which would mean the animals lose their homes and either get eaten by predators or they starve because their hunting grounds is now a cropfield.
>>
>>36214111
>The system is thought of as karma because it may as well be.

It dictates whether or not you'll be favorably reincarnated and (according to certain sects) is indicative of your progress towards nirvana?

>tfw uneducated white trash cucks talk about "karma" without knowing the first thing about Buddhism

I bet you also claim "it's not really a religion, man, it's more of a philosophy".
>>
>>36213813
>>36214161
(continued)

>That's like saying killing an old man that was about to die anyway is okay just so a millennial can steal his job.
That is a terrible analogy and not even a comparable situation. False equivalence. If you want reasons I'll gloss over it a little:
>You don't HAVE to kill the old man to give the millenial a job, there are things like pensions (in the UK) in America I assume they have shit like 401ks to make sure the dude gets his retirement money.
>Humans =/= cattle

And why would an old man on the brink of death be working? Lmfao.
>Honestly, the old guy was about to die anyway? Sociopathy ends with your friends jacking off to you getting torutred.
This isn't sociopathy. It is prioritisingthe needs of human beings other that of cattle. If anything I would argue that seeing people on the same level as cattle is more of a sociopathic trait.
>>
>>36214258
Fun fact: according to mainstream Buddhism, all karma is "bad". As in, the point of the system is for you to try and MINIMIZE it. It represents your worldly attachments.

But I guess it's a lot easier to buy that those wacky gooks/those enlightened nonwhites have built their entire religion on a kindergartner's interpretation of "what goes around, comes around".
>>
>>36214111
What is the cutoff age for karma?
Do you think unborn children get illnesses and die before/during birth because their mothers ate meat? Because that is a stupid fucking concept. And don't bother coming out with any "past life sins" bullsit please, I have had heard enough new age nonsense in the past week without a faggy vegan kid bringing it up as well.
>>
File: 1491741931776.jpg (14KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
1491741931776.jpg
14KB, 210x240px
>>36214161
>>36214287
Sociopaths literally commonly torture animals before humans. And you obviously don't get it. There's no argueing with psychopaths that have a warped perspective of the world.
>>36214258
The point wasn't be a buddhist. It's be nice because literally the misery gets passed on.

I'm busy editing this camel into a nicegirl camel. Leaving thread.
>>
>>36214301
>minimizing your wordly attachments
Hmmm... Now, where have I heard this before? Oh yeah
>Give us all your posessions so that you can live without attachments and reach eternal hapiness/heaven/nirvana!
Love him or hate him, Marx was correct about one thing: religion truly is the opiate of the masses.
>>
File: 1411957541575.jpg (42KB, 809x695px) Image search: [Google]
1411957541575.jpg
42KB, 809x695px
>>36214404
Socipathy =/= psychopathy

What are you using to post here btw? Phone? Computer? All made in asian sweatshops from child labour. I guess you are as much as a psycho as anybody here, despite your falsely perceived moral superiority.

>you obviously don't get it
Nice (lack of) argument again.
But thanks for conceding. It is a shame you are too stubborn to see past your narrow-minded point of view.
>>
>>36214413
Worldly attachments=/=material things.

If you want to go Buddhist on this, your every feeling and emotion is an attachment. Loyalty to your country? Attachment. Adherence to a philosophy? Attachment. Concern for the needy? Attachment. Love? Attachment. Anger? Attachment. Pride? Attachment. Even the desire to achieve enlightenment by casting off all attachments is, itself, an attachment. Enter the void and empty, motherfucker.

Actual Buddhism is a lot less easily marketable than the "yeah, ah, it's basically a relig - I mean, a *philosophy* of, like, being generally nice and if you're nice good things will happen to you, right?" they sell you at New Age bookstores.
>>
>>36214504
I wonder how many mall tier "Buddhists" know a single prayer. Hell, I wonder how many of them know Buddhism HAS prayers.
>>
File: nietzche quote on hapiness.jpg (46KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
nietzche quote on hapiness.jpg
46KB, 850x400px
>>36214504
Are you implying that you can live in detachment while simultaneously owning posessions? Because mainstream buddhism would disagree.

I would rather put my "faith" in science if you don't mind. This all sounds more like reduced affectivity rather than a philosophical concept, although I would agree that we shouldn't be chasing "hapiness" as such.
>>
>>36214633
>reduced affectivity
Oops, disregard that. Seems more like you were talking about apathy than anything.
>>
>>36214633
Nietzche himself very much looked down on science, though. In fact, his famous "God is dead" quote comes from a parable meant to show how silly the people of contemporary Europe were for claiming to have become enlightened by casting off religion when in fact they've just traded it for things like science, communism or capitalism (i.e. external systems to tell them how to live their lives and what to value. He included science in this because the belief in science requires an assumption of constant uncertainty which is incompatible with his vision of the Ubermensch).

Mind, he also disapproved of Buddhism. Almost as much he did Christianity, in fact. Both, in his opinion, were slave religions which celebrated submissiveness and demonized the pursuit of Will and Power.
>>
File: I'm busy faggot.png (213KB, 1024x448px) Image search: [Google]
I'm busy faggot.png
213KB, 1024x448px
>>36214494
I'm buys faggot. Cannot argue with you. Didn't imply that they were the same thing. Just reread my posts and ponder.

And we both know you're blantently just a dick. Bad things will happen but that does not mean that you should condone cruelty.
>>
>>36214787
I am aware and I don't blindly agree with him on everything. Hell, I don't blindly agree with anyone or anything.
>>
File: 1470377458993.jpg (114KB, 579x672px) Image search: [Google]
1470377458993.jpg
114KB, 579x672px
>>36214815
Busy enough to shitpost on /r9k/ until your worldview get's challenged? At which point of course you are "busy". Busy dismissing your "worldly attachments" I assume? I just think you can't take the heat and you are backing off because you cannot adress my arguments but hey ho.
>>
>>36214815
>Didn't imply that they were the same thing.
Also you did imply this when you told me that socipaths "commonly torture animals before humans" whatever the fuck that means, before proceeding to say there is "no arguing with psychopaths". Why would you make the distinction?
>>
>>36214787
>Nietzche himself very much looked down on science
No, he did not. He was simply aware of its limitations.
>>
>>36214504
If you want detachment why don't you get a frontal lobotomy?

This will literally give you the attachment you strive for (but don't really because striving for things means it's an attachment).
>>
>>36214787
>>36215062
Do you think Nietzche would have said the same things that he (supposedly) did about science if he lived from the perspective of somebody with access to 21st century technology?

I think his postulations were very insightful for the time he was born in but science has come a long way since then. A VERY long way and will continue to do so.
>>
>>36215136
I don't think it would have mattered. He was against using reason to give life value.
Thread posts: 537
Thread images: 89

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.