[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>in gen chem 2 >got a 65 on the first exam >study around

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot (159).png (688KB, 789x804px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (159).png
688KB, 789x804px
>in gen chem 2
>got a 65 on the first exam
>study around 3 hours a day the week of the exam
>the day comes
>feeling confident
>did practice exam, reworked homework problems,went over my notes time after time
>came out of the room expecting at least a low B
>get grade today
>70%
>b-but
>still two exams left for the semester
>only getting more difficult
>losing motivation to study
>already miserable here
>not involved in anything
>no friends
>the sound of normies is pretty much a trigger to me
>no privacy
>constant stress
>not passionate about my career choice anymore
>grades mediocre
>doubt I'll pass organic chem if I do pass this semester

I'm really considering dropping out, I can't survive another three years of this. How should I break this to my mother next time I see her? She has no idea how bad things really are for me, ie she doesn't know how much of an asocial, introverted, hate-filled person I really am. I just want to be happy again.
>>
>>36195560

See a counselor OP.
>>
Just do your work OP

Eat some modafinil

Stop having distractions

Go exercise when you aren't studying
>>
>>36195869
I already do as much work as I can, I refuse to take meds, my only distractions are the occasional few minutes of youtube and 4chan, and I won't dare be in a room full of grunting normies. Yeah I could wear earbuds but i I can't focus on exercising with earbuds, I've tried
>>
>>36195560
You should study short amounts of time on the day the subject is given so it's stuck in your memory, you have a 24h clock in your brain.
>>
I'm in a similar situation. I am a senior in a state university studying astrophysics. I'm in my last year and it's taken a toll on me. I don't enjoy physics anymore because it's gone too far into abstraction. I have no motivation to go to class anymore, though I do for the most part. I had to tell my family I failed quantum mechanics last semester because I didn't understand it and just stopped showing up. It was the only class I failed and they had trust that I would make it. This semester has taken up so much of my time with labs and homework that I missed a lot of my technical writing class-my last English credit. I just received an email yesterday from my professor that I failed her class because of my attendance. I don't enjoy physics and even if I make all A's and B's this second F will probably insure I can't get it any grad school even to do law and economics like I want to. And I can't go to community college because I have all my basic credits done except this stupid English class. So my life pretty much just ended and what makes it worse is my parents were so proud of me and I was supposed to be the one to go on and do things but I guess not
>>
>>36195560
>1st year and already choking this hard
You're not gonna make it.
>>
>>36195560
If you're a chem major drop out now. I'm about to graduate with a bio degree and I easily got As in both semesters of gen chem. Ochem was harder though.
>>
>>36196158
The fact that so much is at stake at all times during college is absurd. One bad day and it could take a week to recover. I just want a manual labor job after seeing what college is like, its just not worth it for someone like me. I wish I had some advice for you, anon, but I'm basically just a kid relative to you. But I will say this, think hard on your next big move, and realize that there's always another option. Here I thought I'd breeze through college, but now look at me, one year in and wanting to drop out. But we mustn't give up yet, we both still have chances somewhere, we've just got to look for them.
>>
>>36196262
I'm a bio/envr major, I don't know what that does for me regarding the decision to drop out but I probably still should
>>
>>36195560
lmao all you have to do is remember shit, school is a joke. It's not about learning, it's about having a good memory. You'll forget it all in a year anyways.
>>
>>36195560
Either
>Hope for a good curve
>Don't procrastinate and keep doing what you do w/ office hours
>change major
>>
>>36195560
Mechanical engineering student here. Whenever this happens to me I just think that because things are stacked against me if I work harder now and succeed it will be much more rewarding. Kind of an underdog thing you know? Hope this helps lad
>>
File: 1429889376239.jpg (55KB, 392x412px) Image search: [Google]
1429889376239.jpg
55KB, 392x412px
>>36195560
>65 in gen chem
>passing o chem
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.