[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is 10k enough money to travel around the world? I'm about

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1485326145172.jpg (220KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1485326145172.jpg
220KB, 1080x1349px
Is 10k enough money to travel around the world? I'm about to be fired from my job and don't know what to do. I figure I'd say fuck it and just travel the world. Being a wage slave sucked and it didn't even make me happy at all and I was just stressed all the time.
>>
I'm not an expert on frugal travel, but I'd guess if you're really careful, you can travel to a few places for a few months on that money and have enough left over for a plane ticket back.

But my question is what you're going to do about your regular expenses. Will you give up your home, cellphone, healthcare, etc.

Also, are you going to be laid off or actually real-deal fired? If it's a layoff, apply for unemployment.
>>
>>36195186
10k won't last that long if you want to travel the world
>>
>>36195186
I'd pick a location or two and live cheaply so you can stay longer. For example if you go to Thailand it's expensive to get there but in some areas you can eat and have a place to stay for under 20 bucks a day
>>
>>36195301
>But my question is what you're going to do about your regular expenses. Will you give up your home, cellphone, healthcare, etc.

Yea. My lease for the apt is almost over with and I'll get my security deposit back. I will also get money from selling my car and I won't have any expenses. I can also sell my designer clothes and video game consoles and tv as well as other things. Now that I think about it I can probably get about 15k maybe.
My plan is to try to reach a year of travel around the world or as much as I can. Basically carry everything in a backpack and sleep at hostels or park benches if place aint too dangerous. Than when I'm done , just go back to my parents house and live with them until I can get my shit together again.
>>
>>36195399
You can be a backpacker for that budget. Airfare will eat up most of your cash. You can visits the EU and get around pretty easy.
>>
>>36195399
Well, normally I'm pretty much against spending money but if you can travel while you're young and have a place to crash when it's done, shit I'd do it.

But, pick your places carefully. Chiang mai, equador, nicaragua, look for these kinds of places to go. And don't assume flying is the best. Buses can be uber-cheap, so don't get lazy, do your research.

I'm sure a bit of google-fu will help you big-time.
>>
>>36195399
Well that sounds cool but what are you going to do after?
>>
Go to Poland man, lots of untapped prime teen pussy there. they love foreigners too (americans)
>>
>>36195512
I don't know. But it's 2017 and nobody knows what to do with their lives nowadays anyway. We are the lost generation.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.