[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point of living? A lot of people say that celebrities

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1467713544353.gif (2MB, 540x603px) Image search: [Google]
1467713544353.gif
2MB, 540x603px
What's the point of living?

A lot of people say that celebrities obsessed with looks and nice clothes and cool cars are vapid, shallow, etc.

But what do these people do instead? Maybe love, raising families, or going to church or something. But how is that any more meaningful? How is that any deeper or less vapid than wearing expensive watches and boasting about your money?

Is this all there is in life? Is there anything deeper than any of this shit?
>>
Drugs originally
>>
>>36192735
Read some Joseph Campbell books. They changed my life, and sounds like you are ripe for them like I was when I first started reading them.
>>
>>36192818
I'll check them out. Can you give me a description of what it's about
>>
>>36192818
Are you referring to his different stages of religious myths
>>
>>36192871
Mythology. His books opened me up to a whole field of human experience that I can't imagine having been exposed to any other way. His seminars are really good too, there's a popular torrent put there for the Mythos program, it's really good. It's going on almost ten years now and I'm still engrossed in his ideas, I'm reading his biography now and loving it. His works changed my view on everything, made me comfortable about death, and now I've been exploring some very advanced Buddhist concepts. I'm a 27yo kv who mostly just lurks here.
>>
>>36193465
What advanced Buddhist concepts have you explored?

So does this answer the question presented in the OP? Is it something deeper and more meaningful than everything else
>>
>>36193518
Very recently, like a few weeks ago, I finally came to realize what enlightenment is, as a concept. Mind you I've been studying Buddhism by way of books and documentaries for several years now and I just now was able to figure it out, it's one heck of a radical concept once you really get it. But now I'm considering taking the full plunge dive into Buddhism and officially declaring it as my religion now, but that's a tough call considering my whole family is Christian.

I know that what I'm about to say sounds like corny 1980's new age garbage, but the spiritual concepts I've explored really have given me a sense of peace and understanding. But I think that really means something coming from a 27yo kv instead of some meaningless 2-dimensional hogwash that hear about in the media all the time.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.