[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

>You are alive. That means you will always have the chance

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 9

File: neogaf.jpg (105KB, 960x600px) Image search: [Google]
neogaf.jpg
105KB, 960x600px
>You are alive. That means you will always have the chance to be happy
>As long as the Sun and the Moon and the Earth exist, everything will be alright

This film had a major impact on me. I'd debate that it changed my life.

What does /r9k/ think of End of Evangelion?
>>
https://youtu.be/KxZ01ncJ7qs
>>
>>36185978

I loved it.

I watched the entire Evangelion series in a single sitting with a fellow mega-weeb cousin of mine, when I was 13 y/o back in '98. The "movie" wasn't out then, but the tv series was complete.

Regardless, I still enjoyed (and understood (after I watched it twice (okay three times))) EoE.

I was bullied a lot as a kid and emotionally neglected by family, and associated a lot with Shinji. This message of the series kept me from suicide at that time.
>>
>>36185978
The last time I watched it I teared up during the Third Impact sequence.

It didn't change my life though, no piece of media can do that
>>
/r9k/: the anime

Origunul pust
>>
>>36185978
I'd wager EoE is up there for the best animu movies. Jin Roh only comes close to the emotional impact it has.
>>
>the fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

Fantastic film
>>
i didn't like it actually. why do you like it?
>>
>>36187232
Surface reason: I love action shows with super high stakes. Religion and philosophy underlying familiar anime action adds a level of importance to the scenarios. As many movies I have seen where the world ends, the way it's executed in EoE is the most eery and unsettling.

More than that though, I see a young version myself in shinji in a way I have never related to a television character. His situations and feelings are relatable. While I obviously have never piloted a goddamn robot, scenes like >>36186358 strike a familiar cord with me. It brings back feelings I haven't felt since I was a young high schooler alone in the world. I remember the pain exactly the same way it's portrayed in the show
>>
>ywn turn into lcl

I wish the third impact happened.
>>
I've seen many hundreds of shows and still haven't gotten around to Evangelion...
>>
File: 1460993018039.png (2MB, 1308x1313px) Image search: [Google]
1460993018039.png
2MB, 1308x1313px
I loved it, it's my favorite movie by far.
Everything from the soundtrack, visuals and story is amazing.
Shiro Sagisu did a great job for the OST, stuff like Emergency Evacuation to Regression sends chills down my spine every time I listen to it. And TUMBLING DOWN of course

>>36186901
>>the fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.
Isn't that from Paradise Lost? I don't remember that phrase appearing in EoE outside of the trailer.
>>
>>36187642
It's said by one of the Seele reps either during or right before the third impact
>>
File: 1489023581134.jpg (2MB, 2608x2343px) Image search: [Google]
1489023581134.jpg
2MB, 2608x2343px
>>36187693
Oh, ok, I mistook the quote for something else.
>>
>Don't call me anymore. I hate you. God, you're persistent. I wouldn't be caught dead with you. You're bothering me. There's no way we can start over again, you jerk. Goodbye. I wish you'd think. Are you being serious? I have no interest in getting back together with you. Look at you. Let's just be friends. This all was just a cheap thing. Do I even know you? You're making me nervous. Why don't you do the world a favor and just die? Who the hell are you? I don't love you that way. I couldn't care less whether you lived or died. I don't want you in my life. It's none of your business. To be honest, you get on my nerves. I don't need you anymore. Stop following me around. I can't do this anymore. Don't get me wrong. Why won't you take "no" for an answer? Who would want to go out with you? You're bothering me. I hate you so much. Let's break up. Go away. Please stop. I don't need you, I never did. Are you still here? I can't stand the sight of you. Why won't you leave? Let's just be friends. I thought I asked you to leave. You don't own me. Get out. Grow up, would you?! I don't want you around anymore. You are a coward.
>>
>>36187820
This scene was like being punched in the fucking gut
>>
Fantastic movie. I wish this thread would pick up for some actual discussion
>>
>>36188678
Did Gendo reunite with Yui in the end? Is he floating with her in Unit 01 until the end of time?
>>
File: CIBj0AuWIAAFWhJ.jpg-large.jpg (18KB, 414x240px) Image search: [Google]
CIBj0AuWIAAFWhJ.jpg-large.jpg
18KB, 414x240px
>>36188955
Did he even join instromentality? Pic related seemed to imply he had a much darker fate
>>
>>36185978
as long as I'm alive I either feel bored or so anxious I'm suicidal
>>
>>36189579
But even the dead joined Instrumentality. See Misato.
>>
>>36189732
True, but his death seems too intentional. I'm probably reading too far into it but unit 01 killing him feels like it's supposed to imply something other than instromentality
>>
Rewatched a bit of the film last night.

This line made me burst out in laughter, though I can't explain why.
>>
File: 1477160157836.gif (360KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1477160157836.gif
360KB, 500x375px
>>36186901
>mfw I just understood what that means
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.