[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop getting mad? Nothing is satisfying and I don't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1909.jpg (72KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1909.jpg
72KB, 900x900px
How do I stop getting mad?

Nothing is satisfying and I don't have any passion anymore so I just spend my time getting pissed off.
>>
>>36184682
Accept that getting mad doesn't help with anything and give in to the feeling of powerlessness. Swap it out for depression.
>>
>>36184707
Sounds like a real upgrade champ
>>
>>36184721
Request was to stop getting mad, not to actually feel good.

But really, I don't know sorry. I hope you can find something in life that makes everything worth it.
>>
stop visiting /r9k/. more than half of threads here are made with the specific goal of pissing someone off.

if you don't want to leave 4chan altogether, try hanging out on a more chill board. I like /ck/ and /an/, they mostly just post pictures of food and cute animals and rarely ever argue about shit.
>>
File: 1475671421370.png (1MB, 979x850px) Image search: [Google]
1475671421370.png
1MB, 979x850px
>>36184707
fuck that, let the hate flow through you.
>>
>>36184735
Y-you too

This is an original comment
>>
http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/buddhism/bs-s02.htm

You don't have to believe in anything supernatural to learn from buddhism how to deal with emotions. The second one is probably the most relevant.

>the causes of suffering are craving and desire, and ignorance
>>
realize that it is an unnecessary indulgence, basically. either a luxury or a sign of weakness.
>>
>>36184782
>you suffer because youre dumb and wanting things is bad so just embrace mediocrity and failure

Buddhism not even once
>>
>>36184735
>that makes everything worth it.
it doesn't exist anon
>>
>>36184842
the first point is that life is suffering. in order to enjoy life we must have craving, desire, and ignorance. all the second point is saying is that those are the causes of suffering.

You can choose to ignore the parts where it tells you what to do with that.

My personal goal is to be aware enough of my own suffering that if I am truly having a problem due to my own suffering, I know how to fix it. If I feel like I desire for everyone to be just like me, I can recognize that that is a desire, and thus I am bound to be dissapointed and suffer because of it. So when I am dissapointed, I can remember that, and think "I don't have to let this affect me, I only feel upset because I have chosen to desire this thing. I know that there is nothing objective about this desire, so I can choose to forget about it when I know more objectively that the desire isn't going to get me anywhere that I desire in general.
Like I realize that right now I have trouble relating to other people and overcoming my social anxiety. Instead of being depressed and lonely about it, I have decided as unemotionally as I could that I will instead try to spend a good amount of time working on myself before I try to really invest in other people. This is a balancing of my personal desires that I have estimated, and with that deliberate plan I can accept where I am.
If I had an issue that I didn't know how to deal with, or one which I definitely needed to solve, then I would make the effort to learn how to and solve it. This doesn't cause mediocrity and failure, it causes me to be more in tune with my real priorities, rather than some emotional narrative which is bound to confuse me and make me suffer more than I need to.
>>
>>36185019
Nice fucking blog post. Too bad no one is ever going to read that shit.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.