[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My father was a drug addict and I have been too scared to try

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1821.jpg (83KB, 592x434px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1821.jpg
83KB, 592x434px
My father was a drug addict and I have been too scared to try myself. But I feel as if I'm missing out on something. I really would like to try shrooms. Are they ok?
>>
they literally just make you impulsive/dumb

like taking a trip to the reality retards live in

but it does feel pretty good, most of the time. so yea, I'd give them a go. though I'd try pot first
>>
>>36183928
They're pretty nice, as long as you have a healthy respect. Read lots so you know what to expect. Start with a low dose. Ideally take with experienced friends. Make sure you have some nice things to do.
>>
>>36183928
The way I would explain it is they make you feel like a child again. Everything is interesting, like you're seeing it for the first time.
>>
>>36183956
I don't have any friends that do drugs but what are some things that might be fun to do?
>>36183971
I am pretty anxious as a person. Will that be a problem? As a child I was very weak. I might just become as weak again. Are there any risks?
>>
>>36184014
I would suggest going for a short walk through some trees at first if you feel like it. Don't go for too long though or it will distract from the peak effects. Music is nice, playing with things can be too (tinfoil is nice).

Do you have a supportive friend you can tell about what you're going to do? Even if it's only over the internet it's still nice to feel like you have some safety net. I was nervous before my first time, but I took quite a small dose. I remember feeling silly for being worried about it. It felt very natural. I can't see why you would become weak again. It doesn't literally make you how you were as a child, you will just feel that child-like wonder.
>>
>>36183928
You will not get addicted to shrooms. They are fine. I also feel they are something that everyone should do at least once in their lives. It puts you into a head space where everything becomes very interesting and you begin to understand things that were once difficult to understand. It's a very "loving" (for lack of a better word) and appreciative sort of thing. Also very damn weird though.
>>
>>36184074
I might be able to find some local forum online to discuss it in before I try. Is it better to be outside or inside? I fear I might get nervous around people but where I live isn't very nice.
>>
>>36184179
It's good to have a base inside. You can explore out if you feel like it, but you want a comfy place to go back to.
>>
>>36184207
Okey thank you! I might try it out this summer. Got to find some shrooms first but they are common where I live!
>>
>>36184531
Good luck! The season here is just starting. Remember to get someone to confirm your finds online.
>>
>>36183928
It cured my chronic depression for 2 months so yeah it's worth it.
>>
>>36184740
Did it come bach again after two months?
>>
>>36184750
Yes. Not as bad as it was before the shrooms but it's slowly getting to that point again.
>>
>>36184869
What caused the improvement? Did you figure something out during the trip? Did you experience something new? Do you think it was just a chemical change?
>>
>>36184915
I'm not really sure. I didn't do some deep diving into my consciousness during the trip, I just had fun and let "the ride" happen without trying to force anything. So maybe it's just because of the changes in the brain. I'm sad though that it didn't last longer. The first few days after the trip was more amazing than the trip itself because all of my insecurities and autism was gone and I felt like a normie for once.
>>
>>36184915
Not him but I had a horrible trip that scared the hell out of me. I have never been so scared. I started to think I was in fact insane and that everything in society was made to hurt me. It slowly wore of and after a couple of weeks I no longer felt depressed. Something inside me died but I felt better.
>>
>>36184946
I wouldn't suggest taking them too often, but if they grow where you live you can probably pick enough to keep that state going throughout the year.
>>
>>36184974
What was going in your life at the time? How did you feel before? What sort of environment were you in where you took them? Did you know what to expect from the trip?
>>
>>36185027
I studied and didn't think or feel much. Took them outside of town in a wooden area. It started to feel bad when I walked towards town. Thought it would be rad!
>>
>>36185090
I would advise anyone considering taking psychedelics for the first time to read up bigtime on the subject. The more you know what to expect, the less you will be upset when you feel something different. One of my friends always likes to have some benzos on hand to abort a trip if he needs. It seems like a nice safety net to have, if you can have it.
>>
>>36185132
Bumping to mention that Erowid.org is a very valuable resource.
>>
File: 1463705956284.png (935KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1463705956284.png
935KB, 480x640px
>>36185132
Not him but I disagree. Reading about it will either ruin the trip because you expect things and start thinking "hmm this isn't really the same thing that I read about" and you'll get disappointed, or you'll become paranoid and start fearing the trip and try to fight against it.

I went in blind and on a massive dose and it became a 10/10 trip. I was depressed to the point of being suicidal when I did it and I simply didn't care what would happen to me and now I look back on it as one of the best experiences in my life.

The only think that you should think about is a good setting. I was deep in a forest near a lake and had Wardruna, Manegarm and other Nordic pagan music in the background. Make sure you aren't near civilization or other people at all because it'll just distract you, leave your cellphone at home and so on. And most important thing of all is to ALWAYS remember that it is a trip, if you start seeing scary shit forming out of the branches in the trees, just look away and remember that it's not real. Change the music track that's playing in the background and "restart". It's all in your mind and you are always stronger than the things you can see.
>>
>>36185244
This is another good way to think about it. I guess I'm inclined to give advice based on how my experiences have gone, but I can see how this could be quite a special experience.

I've never felt confident enough to trip without friends to support me, but at the same time, if you're seeking those deeper levels, other people would just get in the way. I guess it all comes down to what you are looking for.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.