[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the NEET life really the best life? Can I get some opinions

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 10

File: 13587163581351.png (449KB, 720x764px) Image search: [Google]
13587163581351.png
449KB, 720x764px
Is the NEET life really the best life? Can I get some opinions from wagies and NEETs alike?
>>
I don't know man, society has brainwashed me into taking pride in having a job and using my money for fun stuff on the side. On paper it sounds shit but in practice it's bretty good.
>>
>>36181583
> wake up at 2pm.
>go to work at 5pm
>get off work at 1am
>drink beer in my room, by myslef
>say hi to dad as he wakes up in the morning for work.
>then i go to sleep and repeat.

seems pretty good to me
>>
When you work doing something fun it's good. If you're doing something you hate it's miserable
>>
The problem with NEET life is the constant paranoia your NEETbucks will be taken away
>>
>>36181677
>implying I wouldn't just go on an autistic rage and an hero
>>
>>36181633
You arent a neet. you have employment
>>
>>36181583
as neet the neet life is not great but i am also not on neetbux so i just live in poverty
>>
File: 1471224059605.jpg (33KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1471224059605.jpg
33KB, 500x500px
>>36181790
>Can I get some opinions from wagies and NEETs alike?
>Opinions from wagies and NEETs alike
>Wagies and NEETs
>Wagies

Fuck outta here
>>
>Not being a freelancer master race

>>36181555
>>
>>36181583
neet life is comfy but can get boring as hell.
>>
>>36181583
if you run out of things to do, then it is a self created hell with no real escape

you need to have hobbies (besides vidya, that will become boring after around 2 years) or do something meaningful to not become unstable and unhealthy.
>>
>>36181583
I was just about to start a thread on this. I want to know if I can take advantage of government programs to live the NEET life without having to live with my family. Living with my family is the one downside to being a NEET.
>>
>>36181823
What would that even entail? What sort of shit do freelancers do? Is it something I can pick up easily?
>>
It depends on
1) How long you are NEET for
2) What your job is

I was NEET for 18 months. The first 6-12 months was great. Anxiety and then full blown depression from the worthlessness slowly crept in after that and blew out completely around the 18 month point.

I then had a shitty retailcuck job for 3 months. It was worse than being NEET even in depression mode. Just trading your time for a pathetic amount of money.

Then I got a professional job that I mostly enjoy and it cured my depression so is far better than extended NEETdom

So in summary: NEETdom for less than 6 months > wagie with good job > extended NEETdom > wagie with shit-tier retail/fastfood job
>>
Might as well cuck the leftist aspects of society instead of be cucked by it and get on those NEET/Autism bucks
Being an entrepreneur that enjoy their job is better though
>>
>>36181677
tfw permanently disabled
>>
>>36181901
Oh shit, I forgot, I should discourage others from getting on NEET bucks so there is more for me while I save up for my business plan. Breeding exotic pets and insects, which I'm good at
>>
File: 1491807405902.jpg (17KB, 326x316px) Image search: [Google]
1491807405902.jpg
17KB, 326x316px
>>36181583
Do you enjoy living at your parents?
Can you keep yourself busy/entertained for months on end?
Do you not care for materialistic things?
If you answered yes to these things then come aboard the neet train!
>>
>>36181912
whats your disability?

I too have a "permanent disability" with very mild autism, but its all relative
>>
Neet life is okay for a while but you reach a point where you have to grow up
>>
>>36181932
All of that is true except for the parents thing. God, I want my own place.
>>
>>36181932
>Do you enjoy living at your parents?
no
>Can you keep yourself busy/entertained for months on end?
yes
>Do you not care for materialistic things?
yes
>>
>>36181583
If I were in a call center or retail I'd probably hate myself a lot more but thankfully I have a personal office and at the very least I'm doing something I don't mind for monetary compensation I'm ok with & work with people I get along with.
>>
I'm a wagie. Every day I long to be a neet. I've worked since I was 17 and am 21 now. I'm so fucking done. I can't imagine this existence for the rest of my fucking life. I'm planning to meme my way into a diagnosis of a psychiatric disorder so I won't have to continue this hell anymore. I'd rather just die than have to wagecuck much longer.
>>
>>36182001
what sort of place do you work at though?
>>
File: Thinking3.png (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Thinking3.png
5KB, 225x225px
>>36181583
waking up at 7 am to do unfulfilling work for some ungrateful jew for 8 hours and then doing whatever I do as a NEET anyway for the rest of the time.
or just doing the NEET stuff
Though choice, though choice..
>>
>>36182017
Retail in a ghetto area. It's a nightmare. I get to cuck away all my time for ghetto nigs, beaners and coal burners.
>>
I've been NEET for almost 8 years. How it is pretty much depends if you "chose" it, like if working sucked so badly that you just quit or you were "forced" into it due to anxiety or something. (I'm the latter).

I was already bored of doing nothing all day like 2 months into it - if you're not interested in doing other things that resemble any sort of work ethic, then you're just a husk. I took up a lot of my time by working on YouTube videos, which gave me quite a decent amount of money, but I don't do that anymore. I basically have no motivation for anything; even watching anime is a great difficulty. I also learned to play guitar years ago, but I still could've done that if I wasn't NEET.

To sum it up - my social skills are shit, I barely leave the house, I have no friends, no energy, no hope, my health is shit, etc. I tried many times to get out of it, but I failed. The "just do something bro" shit is a total meme.
>>
>>36182083
>I took up a lot of my time by working on YouTube videos, which gave me quite a decent amount of money
Wait, can you do this while you're a NEET? I figured you wouldn't be allowed to.
>>
>>36182050
go to uni, get educated and get a real job
>>
>>36182083
What is bad about your health? 6 month neet here i need to learn from a master
>>
>>36182098
I didn't mean to imply I was on neetbux. I've thought about getting on it for over 3 years, but my doctor is kind of an ass, so I assumed he'd deny me, even though my medical history speaks for itself. Wouldn't they be able to find out that you're spending most of the money on video games?
>>
>>36181858
it's somewhat complicated and generally you need a family member to "guide" you through the process to lend credibility to however you are disabled.

first, you need to have documented evidence that you have mental problems or severely limiting physical problems. if you have this already, then the process will be much easier. I was seeing a psychologist/psychiatrist before I "decided to drop out of college", so the process for me was straightforward.

before you go about making yourself into a pariah of society who most people conditionally dislike, really consider if you want to be someone without a career of any kind. over the years I've sometimes wished more than anything to have a basic career earning 40k/year and having access to all of society. the neet lifestyle is heavily limiting on average. I heavily recommend to only go about this if you have actual problems (I have had severe OCD all of my life which started with childhood insomnia and culminated into being afraid of going outside due to a multitude of reasons).

after you have evidence that you are disabled somehow, apply with what is listed on the SSA's website. the process will take months, but you should be approved if you did everything correctly. there's two grades of SSI money: money you get for living with family (I think it's around $400) and money you get for living in an apartment you rent yourself/with other tenants (maximum amount is $735).

When this process is complete and you're living by yourself in a cheap apartment, you'll want to obtain an EBT card which will pay for your monthly food (around $190/month, you should be under this unless you are buying expensive stuff) and go on the waitlist for section 8 housing choice voucher (you get to choose the housing option, just has to be below a certain amount).
>>
>>36182144
Im in community college. It's shit. I don't want to do anything. So called "real" jobs will still likely have you working 40 hour weeks, be relatively insecure, and have shitty pensions or 401ks that you'll have to save for to get a small taste of the life shekelstein and NEETs get all the time for a few years before you die.
>>
>>36182159
As you can imagine, a deteriorated brain/body from doing nothing but staring at screens for years isn't going to gravitate towards fruits and vegetables. My teeth are fucked from eating so much sugar, but in spite of eating so unhealthily, I'm probably like 105 pounds (and a manlet).

I would actually vouch for the NEET lifestyle if you actually did stuff like left the house, had friends, did something that resembled productivity (maybe you'd argue that makes you not a NEET, but YouTube wasn't a "job", it was something I liked doing, all while staying supine on the couch). The idea of working a 9-5 sounds like hell, but NEET life isn't "freedom" if you're bound to it.
>>
>>36182171
What is the likelyhood of getting approved for schizophrenia? I hear about people all the time with mental disabilities getting turned away so I'm kind of concerned.
>>
>>36182186
you need to find an employer that promotes good work/life balance
i just have a shitty polisci bachelors and i got a comfy fed government job.

preddy gud pay. great retirement benefits. and the best part is that I could quite literally take a year off (leave without pay) and still have my job guaranteed when I decide to come back. also virtually guaranteed security. even if they made my current job redundant they'd just find me another job at the same level/pay.

i didnt know any of the benefits of my job other than the pay until i started. You have to put yourself out there to find out.
>>
>>36182257
What kind of government jobs are there? I always here they are comfy.
>>
File: 51596818.jpg (9KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
51596818.jpg
9KB, 400x300px
>Horribly depressed
>go to sleep at 8-9am after being awake all night
>sleep until 5pm-6pm

been like this for 6 months now, I honestly don't think I'll make it to the end of 2016, haven't had friends in years and no family, feel sick all the time.
>>
>>36182278
>What kind of government jobs are there
That's like asking how long a piece of string is.

There are quite literally government jobs in everything. Every department and agency has its own unique culture and conditions. The intelligence agencies will be nothing like employment and that will be nothing like human services

etc

Virtually impossible to get into the public service at the moment though because the current government has basically frozen hiring across the board with only a few specific exceptions.
>>
>>36182243
>"A simple diagnosis of schizophrenia is not enough to get disability benefits; an individual suffering from schizophrenia must be able to prove that the schizophrenic symptoms prevent him or her from working, despite taking anti-psychotic medication."

pulled from this website:
http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/social-security-disability-schizophrenia.html

it seems like you need to have moderate to severe schizophrenia to qualify.
>>
>>36182325
I figured. I've also heard that it is recommended you get multiple doctors to confirm you are fucked up but I've heard conflicting reports. What was your experience?
>>
>>36182350
OCD is probably different from schizophrenia, but the main thing for me was probably my living conditions which definitely demonstrated that I was unable to hold a job (for a couple months after I dropped out of college, I spent 90% of my life on a couch at my father's place). I was seeing a psychologist who I told about my living conditions and I was diagnosed by a separate psychologist prior to this with OCD.
>>
>>36182471
Why did you see separate ones? Just to get another opinion?
>>
>well how about -doing something that costs money-
>I just use my saved up NEET bux for that xD
>>
Many people get depressed, anxious or are left with a numb sense of life or zombie-like existence from doing nothing or very little with their time. I get this from even a day of inactivity. As long as you don't suffer from that, go right ahead, you're not hurting anybody.
>>
>>36182505
the second psychologist was after I dropped out of college (4-5 months after I last had a psychologist appointment).
>>
>>36181944
he's probably the type of person who claims depression prevents him from working
>>
>>36181583
When you know how to make money, damn sure.
A poor neet is just wasting it's inner potential, but a wagie will always be worst tho
>>
>>36181583
It's definitely not the best life, no. But it is better than some alternatives. Doing nothing at home all day get shitty pretty fast so you at least need to have good, rewarding ways to spend your time.
>>
>>36182296
Just get a night shift at some grocery store

Seems like a good idea for right now
>>
>>36181944
Sorry, I went out for a while. I have schizophrenia and although I am somewhat stable now due to prolong use of anti-psychs I am still prone to losing it / sperging out over nothing, my paranoia is also very bad.

>>36182619
Depression that isn't "le memepression chad won't fuck me" really does keep you from working though.

I've been so depressed that when I couldn't meet rent at one time I just didn't care, I slept on the road outside for 3 days and spent the last of my money on cheap food until I found a place to stay. I just didn't care enough to do anything until it was basically forced on me to act.I couldn't possibly imagine working at a time like that.
>>
>>36182619
-t

normalfag

origiggigigi
>>
>>36181677
Unfortunately this is also a wagie problem in the modern world. Nobody employs anymore for more than at best 6 month contracts and you cannot help but be worried if you are going to get it renewed or not.
>>
>>36181583

I have a lot more money even as a middling wagecuck than I would as a NEET. I think if you've got money behind you already a NEET life could be pretty sweet, but fuck trying to live off bennies.
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32KB, 640x400px
>>36181583
This is objectively the best life. Sure, you may need to check with some people once in a while, but it still is as good as it gets. THIS is said by a fulfilled NEET.
>>
But I work for the government , so I don't work for a jew boss
>>
File: 1375898502189.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1375898502189.png
1MB, 1280x720px
I'm really fucking enjoying being a NEET right now and not a day goes by where I'm unproductive and ungrateful.

I know the day will come soon when I have to go out and get a job or start making some money but for now I'm exhausting my freedom to the fullest extent.

Being a wageslave sucks dick. Probably the best job I've had was working in an office as a receptionist. Literally just sat around all day, answered phone calls, and watched movies. Then the business closed and I couldn't afford rent, hence why I am now a NEET living with mom and dad.
>>
Did both, and I prefer neet.
But its not for everyone, if you are not content with writing your own plans, sticking to them and are overall adapt at keeping your shit together, neet will become your hell.
Funny enough, more wagies have the mindset for those parts.
>>
>>36181633
Did the same with my nightjob except leaving alone and it turned into depression. Now I don't even do shit anymore gave up work and came back at my parents'
life sucks
so do I
>>
>>36185178
was living * sorry
>>
>>36181978
>>Do you enjoy living at your parents?
>no

On this topic, how hard is it to get a job that supports moving out and living on your own? How long will it take?
>>
>>36185332
Really is easy. But your job will suck hard and you'll get deeper and deeper into depression
Do something you like
REALLY
>>
>>36185332
Probably pretty easy? I'm unemployed and live by myself kek
>>
>>36181583
Not working at all doesn't make sense, but neither does working too much. We have automation now, we should be working just as hard but less often, free time is what matters.
>>
File: 1486824652272.jpg (273KB, 567x567px) Image search: [Google]
1486824652272.jpg
273KB, 567x567px
>>36181583
Relapsing NEET here; only ever had one full time job followed by a subsequent two years of fucking nothing, managed to secure six months of part time work afterwards. In regards to scheduling and in relation to the stress associated with having a less flexible schedule I find that most stressors are self imposed due in part to poor management of time.
While working my latest part time job; on Mondays I was on call with hardly any forewarning, Tuesdays and Wednesdays I was required to show up at five in the morning. While this schedule did vary on other days I was never required to come in any earlier than an hour before the store had opened (eight in the morning). All of this being said; I dedicated a fair amount of time to planning an appropriate schedule for myself in considering that I required at least seven hours of sleep and enough time to exercise, shower and practice whatever girly hygienic things my faggot-ass does ritualistically.
On Mondays I would typically wake up around five in the morning because the lazy, cock-sucking drivers would never consider getting up early enough to move shipment; this would afford me at the very least two hours of downtime to cook a decent breakfast and entertain myself. For the next two days I would go to bed at eight in the afternoon and wake up roughly around three in the morning affording me and hour and a half to two hours doing roughly the same thing (shower, shave, shitpost and serve breakfast). Other days were fairly simple in considering that they were between days off when I could basically do fucking anything; I'd simply afford myself an hour before work because I could stay up well until three in the morning with no actual repercussions to my sleep schedule.
If you honestly have reason to be a wageslave all that's required is a little backbone, some decent standards and a little forethought into your condition; you know well enough what you do and don't need.
>TL;DR early to bed early to rise, faggot
>>
I've done both lifestyles and my recommendation is that everyone get some work time and some NEET time in their life.

Working does give you a bit of discipline but over a decade or two, it also turns you into a zombie if you're not careful. Your goals eventually erode and fade from view and that's dangerous.

Like with kids, adults need unstructured play too, to keep in touch with what they truly want out of life.

but without variety, the time flies by and you look back saying where did that time go? And it's too late.

Work is also good for your stress level down the road because you can save and invest for the future. The ultimate goal of waging shouldn't be to buy nice stuff, but to buy your financial independence and time freedom
>>
File: 1487098718387.jpg (48KB, 253x229px) Image search: [Google]
1487098718387.jpg
48KB, 253x229px
LOLOLOLOL

you expect wagelosers to admit their misery?

ha, not gonna happen.

100 replies later, see them justify it with their self deceiving lies ;)
>>
>>36186039
But you lie too anon.

Don't well lie?
>>
>>36186075
if i was lying then i wouldn't get depressed and quit those jobs i had 7 years ago.
i have proof, you don't.
i rather have little on welfare and subsidized housing than a lot with stress and depression.
never been happier, never going back, can you say the same about your job?
go ahead, delude yourself :)
>>
>>36185980
>The ultimate goal of waging shouldn't be to buy nice stuff, but to buy your financial independence and time freedom
what a brainwashed idiot
that's not how this works, you are a slave.
>>
>>36186252
I'm actually financially free at this point, so, no, I'm no slave.

But if FI isn't 'the way it works', then please, impart your wisdom upon us, sensei.
>>
>>36186390
>baiting me with le old "hurr i make 9000an hour"
fuckin wageslaves so pathetic they have to resort to lying on a "loser's" website to cope with their self deceiving misery.
pathetic.
>>
>>36181677
Smart NEETs diversify and save substantial amounts of money. They just reapply over and over while they drug-deal on the side or some shit (start a cult etc.)
>>
File: neet.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
neet.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
NEET is the best lifestyle and NEET investigator is the best career choice
>>
>>36186529
So... you DON'T have an actual response then? Kek, I thought so.
>>
taxes suck but the rest is cool. I even get to do the NEET shit like play vidya and learn another language thanks to proper time management.

I can't get mad at you guysthough, I have high discipline and patience from being a NEET for so long that people love me at work. Half the girls there are in a relationship but still flirt with me pretty openly. Fun stuff.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.