[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many of you here have dropped out of college? What's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1483143308418.png (339KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
1483143308418.png
339KB, 670x503px
How many of you here have dropped out of college?

What's your life like now?
>>
Dropped out of high school. I'm in a mental hospital now but doing a lot better. Hope to be a Buddhist monk in a few years.
>>
>>36169723
It's a piece of shit, but the cycle is just beginning.
In my country the best universities are public and free, but there aren't vacancies for all, so we must do a nation exam in november. The best grades get into universities. It's a colossal exam, last year 8 million people did it. So I'm currently studying to try again on a different graduation. Wish me luck.
>>
just turned 26

work minimum wage retail

have a shitty bachelor apartment

currently casually dating a native american girl, she's on disability for anxiety and depression, doesn't like being touched (complicated issue, has nothing to do with me), we're both anti-social which is why I like her. I fell in love with her so whaddya gonna do.

have plans to move in together in 6 months to 2 years if things keep going as well as they are.

life keeps on rolling
>>
>>36169816
>the best universities are public
Wtf? How?
>>
>>36169827
You don't belong here. Flee, normalfaggot.
>>
>>36169827
normally I'd ree, but for some reason I'm glad for you. maybe because it gives me hope I can find love despite being a loser, but I doubt it.
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 275x183px
I dropped out of hoghschool back in 2012.

Now I'm a professional fighter.
>>
>>36169871
Don't remember anyone asking to see your face, attention whore.
>>
dropped out of uni but I'm not in a country that rawdogs students with loans, so I'm just chillin and looking for a decent job that isn't too challenging.
>>
>>36169842

In most of the world the best universities are public. It's only in America that this is not the case.

>How

They have very hard entry requirements. The only reason private universities exist is so rich brainlets can still claim they went to university, even though we all know that they went to the brainlet one.
>>
>>36169842
No idea what country he's talking about but thats the same in my second-world country

They have the best students because thousands apply for "majors" with 20 or so spaces, so they get to select among the best, which means students that graduated from these universities are automatically seen as the top of the top, at least academically. If only because of the intense selection these unis do, that would make Harvard's admission rate seem like an easy entry

Teachers are shit and literally skip class once a week. Facilities are overcrowded, too. But they are indeed free.
>>
>>36169868

I haven't had a friend in 12 years, everyone I know is from work and we don't talk outside of work. she's the shining exception that wandered into my life.

>>36169895

thanks man. I'm still afraid she's not into me despite how much she seems to enjoy my company. at this point it's take the plunge or die alone, and at least this way I'm taking a chance with the only girl I've ever liked.
>>
>>36169953

That's how it is in most countries. Even in Europe, we have a similar system although we have special education for brainlets too.
>>
>>36169842
That's the case where I live too.

Private unis are expensive, but not necessarily hard.
>>
>>36169842
We pay more taxes and the government builds universities. They have many of the precariousness of public institutes, but the fact that the selection is almost cruel (thousands of students fighting for s couple of places inside) they end up having very high level students. If you go to a very disputed course like medicine, you are dealing with classes of 50 students who are probably the best in the state. The private universities may have a better structure, but they have no selection whatsoever. So they are like national jokes, all you have to do to graduate and get your diploma is paying. So the level of their students is absurdly low and they are usually looked down upon by people who value public universities more.
>>
Dropped out of undergrad math like 2 months before graduation. That was two years ago. The first year I lived the classic NEET life: depression, not showering, not leaving my room, sleeping at weird hours, etc. I'm better now, I go out regularly, almost found a bf, very slowly regaining the feeling of having a future.

All in all I don't regret it but that's only because I have the luxury of top tier parents who are genuinely understanding and kind. Still, mixed feelings when friends from school find internships and jobs all over the world in really cool places and I'm in some suburb living with my mom.
>>
>>36169723
I dropped out last november. I was trying to get into the NEET life but I still live with my dad and he's now pushing me to get a back into education and a little job in the mean time. He forces me to do it otherwise he'll take the modem with him to work every day leaving me home without internet. I get it that he wants me to do something with my life but I just feel more like curling up in a corner these days.
>>36170340
I get that mixed feeling. I usually feel like shit and wallow in self pity and feel like I'm wasting my life when I see something from people I used to know doing so well at this or that. But, I delve into escapism and it's what I love the most in the whole world, to leave reality and forget I excist. Maybe I wasn't made to function normally.
Those few times I get something done fill me with a little hope that I'll make it whenever they happen, just before I delve back into my self destructive behaviour.
>>
College dropout.
sustain my life with neetbux, food stamps and clinical research studies as a human lab rat

bretty gud
>>
Wasted four years of my life on an useless graduation. Cinema.
Gave up on the last year. Now I'm just like this anon, >>36169816
Back on "school" preparing myself for what we call "vestibular". It's the selection exam we do in order to get into universities. I did last year. I got relatively close, 87th of 57 places. Thirty motherfuckers ahead of me. I want medicine this time.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.