[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>don't know what I want to study at uni >school's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: 1463977013587.png (482KB, 1000x967px) Image search: [Google]
1463977013587.png
482KB, 1000x967px
>don't know what I want to study at uni
>school's careers advisor tells me to study business to "keep my options open"
>turns out I'm shit and business and don't enjoy it at all
>stuck doing a degree I don't enjoy is adding to my depression
>still can't decide what I actually want to study

Any help, bots?
>>
if you don't have any sort of potential passion for any field of study (although unless going into law, couldn't recommend philosophy or other degrees of that ilk)

i would recommend that you look for the shekels, instead. unfortunately, you're asking a pool of fucking /r9k/ users to give you advice without even a lick of assistance lol
>>
you don't belong in uni then you fucking idiot
>>
>>36168079
What are you interested in? Look up classes that sound interesting and go to a lecture.
>>
All in all you're gonna end up jobless at the end no matter what you choose because you gotta be social. So you may as well make it a good ride and an enjoyable one.

What subjects were you good at? What subjects did you enjoy?
>>
File: 1491607138464.jpg (1MB, 1200x1631px) Image search: [Google]
1491607138464.jpg
1MB, 1200x1631px
>>36168079

Meditate. Empty yourself and contemplate the world. Find something you love more than yourself.

Chase shekels for awhile doing jobs you think would be fun, while exploring your interests.

Meditate more and the answer will eventually come.
>>
>>36168245
What do I do then? Almost everyone is getting a uni degree nowdays.
>>36168279
I'm interested in nothing. I have no hobbies or talents that aren't for manchildren. Why do you think I'm here?
>>36168285
>what subjects were you good at?
Maths mainly, and the sciences. But I was never really a genius or expert at them. They were just the subjects I found easiest to understand and could get reliable A's in.
I enjoy nothing that I can think of though.
>>
>>36168390
what are your manchildren hobbies and talents then?
>>
>>36168390
you may have to consign yourself to the fact that there is no lucrative field or really even one that can readily support you within "manchildren interests" man

why dont'cha just go for accounting or something similar, make them shekels, invest and save frugally, get a cheap mortgage, and watch chinese cartoons all day in your bachelor pad full of figmas?

or something like that
>>
File: 1472814511052.png (99KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1472814511052.png
99KB, 300x300px
>>36168502
>vidya
>watching movies/tv shows
>anime
>4chan
>fapping
I honestly don't know what you were expecting
>>36168594
I'm under no delusions that I will be able to find a career in anything I posted above. Is accountancy something with a lot of shekels in it? It's mostly maths right?
>>
File: 1239752654376.jpg (202KB, 1070x898px) Image search: [Google]
1239752654376.jpg
202KB, 1070x898px
Anything in top tier
>>
File: 1478315513476.png (332KB, 554x584px) Image search: [Google]
1478315513476.png
332KB, 554x584px
>>36168704
i'm a pseudoscience major in undergraduate, cleaning up my GPA so i can go to grad school after i obtain some more stability and free myself from near min-wage slavery with a shiny B.S. Psych

lol we'll see

so i don't REALLY know shit about accounting- i'd be damned awful at it surely, but it does involve arithmetic, consistency, and attention to detail

there's good money in it

just think about your options m8, depending on your GPA and if you've already fucked up really bad in school

you could continue on in business, although i would imagine that if you have difficulty with social encounters or general robotic tendencies, business might not be the best for ya

you could switch up to another major, focusing on the shekels

you could go full-retard and go for a really easy+shitty major just to get your parents off your back or something

you could drop out and begin entry-level employment in retail

you could drop out and do the whole NEET w/ parents thing, or do your best to obtain the autismbux

those are pretty much all your options besides the extreme (moving to thailand and being a bum or some shit) and the suicidal

so wat do?
>>
>>36168804
btw computer science and law are mixed up for some reason.
>>
>>36168804
> God Tier: Physics/Astronomy

It what world?? Those are worse than shit tier. All theoretical garbage.

>>36168079
A degree that would give you the knowledge to better the world is the most fulfilling work
>>
>>36169009
Physics? Loads of people in my year are now working in investment banking. The others are in research or did postgrad in engineering. Physics is a great degree that produces highly skilled graduates, loads of postgrad opportunities and high salary
>>
>>36168804
>need to have a bachelors before going to law school.

fuck that noise, as if studying 4 years isn't a lot already
>>
File: 1490818470654.jpg (337KB, 679x678px) Image search: [Google]
1490818470654.jpg
337KB, 679x678px
>>36168079
ULTIMATE REDPILL
Jobs and and careers where never meant to be enjoyable, it was always about putting bread on table while allowing to buy what you want.
This mentality of do what you love is a new thing, and people are always frustrated because there isn't such a thing as a perfect job
If jobs were enjoyable they wouldn't be called jobs, they would be called orgies with megan Fox and Scarlett Johanson
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.