[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you depressed robots make it through university? I've

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

How do you depressed robots make it through university?

I've been struggling with clinical depression for years, and now that I'm in university it's been difficult keeping my grades up, I never have the motivation to complete assignments on time and have to make excuses for why I'm turning stuff in late.
Like right now I have an anatomy exam tomorrow and I have to write two really short papers. Super easy stuff, just write 2, 800-word papers real quick and study a bit, I understand this stuff well. But I just don't have the motivation for some reason. I seem to be able to find the motivation for larger assignments, but I'm actually falling behind because my professors assign small bullshit that I can't bother to stop self-loathing to do.

Do any other robots experience the same issues? How do you cope?

If not that's cool, I just wanted to rant...
>>
>>36155999
I function by day drinking and staying up late night shitposting. I had a bunch of As last semester through sheer force of will but now I'm looking at a B- average because I can't seem to care. Borderline and major depression here. The only saving grace I have is being able to type quickly and synthesize ideas quickly. I can write 20 pages on constitutional law in less than 24 hours and can write 15 pages on something I find interesting in less than 12.
>>
>>36156090
Thanks for the response, good to know people are managing to pull it off. Fortunately I'm fairly decent at writing long papers as well, just so long as I find the motivation.
I feel like it would be so much easier if I wasn't alone and had someone to do this stuff with. That's essentially how I made it through community college with straight A's, I had one friend who forced me to do assignments. Mostly so I could help him with his work so he could pass, but at least I was doing it.
>>
File: 40 acres and a mule.png (72KB, 285x190px) Image search: [Google]
40 acres and a mule.png
72KB, 285x190px
>>36155999
>it's been difficult keeping my grades up
>I never have the motivation to complete assignments on time
>have to make excuses for why I'm turning stuff in late

Dude fuckin' same. Hate to say it, but I just gave up. I couldn't keep wasting so much money going to school if I wasn't going to be able to perform. Used to be an amazing student, too, but suddenly I just couldn't do it anymore.

Dropping out was honestly a huge weight off my shoulders even though I feel like it makes me a huge failure. For now, I'm just trying to find a career that doesn't suck the dick of our scam of a higher education system. Maybe I'll be able to finish the degree later when I'm in a better place, but maybe I won't need it after all.

Best advice I could give is to seek help wherever you can get it and be frank and honest with those people. One of my biggest problems was thinking I could handle it all on my own when I could not. Hope you make it through, OP.
>>
>>36156706
Thanks, man, appreciate the words of encouragement.
I hope the same for you as well. Remember dropping out doesn't make you a failure man, there are so many viable options out there, I hope you find one that suits you.
>>
Personally, I made it through by abusing prescription stimulants.
>>
>>36156771
Did it work out well and would you recommend it to anyone else?
>>
>>36156817
It has turned my life into a living hell, I am unable to enjoy anything whatsoever any more, need to take them to stay awake during the day and I'm pretty sure I have developed an irregular heartbeat when I stand up or inhale really deeply.

Probably don't do it.
>>
>>36155999
Freshman here, already getting burned out

I'm pathetic

I need adderall, how to get it, peeps?
>>
File: 905632189735.jpg (9KB, 200x261px) Image search: [Google]
905632189735.jpg
9KB, 200x261px
>>36156857
Pretty much any physician will prescribe you Adderall in a heartbeat, not hard to get a hold of. Just tell them you need it to pay attention in school. Also don't beat yourself up about getting burnt out, just try to hang in there.
>>
>>36155999
>I've been struggling with clinical depression for years

You should get that fixed before it fucks up your life
>>
>>36156923
I've tried just about everything they recommend for it. Therapy, medication, counseling, nothing helps. It's deep seated. I've been told by psych's that they believe it stems from childhood abuse and genetics. Everyone one of my mother's kids has been diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder.
>>
>>36156922
I live at home and my parents would never allow that
>ur adult do wat u want
But they can and will kick me out

SO PLS how to get on the down low?
>>
>>36156269
I never found the motivation to write the papers. My mind is always "If it has to be done, it'll get done. I won't do it until I have legit have no extra time to get this done"

I went to the school psychiatrist, the therapist and they have recommended I be hospitalized. I turn them down and tell them to fuck off because I'll make it through. You have to be honest with yourself. I was on Zoloft, Klonopin, Lexapro, and then Seraquel. I legit ripped up my sleep journal in front of my psychiatrist and told her that this was worthless and so was she. I stopped going to my psychologist.

Whatever you do, do not follow my path. Go outside when you're feeling down. Talk to people even if it pains you. and whatever you do do not let your vices consume you
>>
>>36157131
>this was worthless and so was she
Lmao slay that stupid roastie Jew doctor
>>
>>36155999
Asking here so I don't have to make a new thread:
How do I effectively kill myself at uni? What's the least painful, most effective way? I need out.
Thanks in advance lads.
>>
>>36157131
Thanks for the advice man, it's genuinely helpful, I've tried my luck with psychiatrists and it didn't work out either. Hopefully, I can put forth more effort into getting out and meeting new people, its the only hope I have of getting the motivation to do this shit at this point. Thanks anon.
>>
>>36157237
What's so bad that's making you consider suicide?You should just consider dropping out anon, there are other options. What's up?
>>
>>36157314
>What's up?

How about you stay out of my fucking business, shut up, then point me in the direction of someone worth talking to
>>
>>36157314
It's dumb, most people here would think i'm being over-dramatic, but i'll give you a general overview:
>lazy
>failing classes AGAIN (I failed classes last semester)
>parents don't know, they think i'm doing fine
>I get really freaked out when talking about my grades

I made a promise to myself to ride this out until finals, and if that fails, i'll end it. So I need a method out.
>>
File: 12_years_a_slave.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
12_years_a_slave.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>36157286
if you wanna add me on steam or w/e just give me your info. I may not be able save myself but I can stop you from drowning
>>
>>36157356
Lack of motivation isn't being over-dramatic. Pretty common theme amongst depressed students, solving it can be really tricky though. I've tried a lot of different things. Medication and therapy worked for a little bit, but then my depression got worse. I was happiest when I had close friends, and things got dramatically worse when I lost them. So I'd say seek out personal relationships, they shouldn't be romantic, just find yourself some friends to connect with.
>>
By dropping out.
>>
I switched to an easier major, and it's been a great source of shame for me. Probably not gonna make it through in the long run. It takes me 12+ hours to write a single page. I just can't keep doing this.
>>
File: 1443040820211.jpg (80KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1443040820211.jpg
80KB, 640x480px
gonna bump op's thread with some sadboy shit (remember if you sulk you win)
>>
>>36155999

What I did was lie in bed, fall behind and ultimately drop out. Best of luck OP.
>>
>>36157396
Sure thing man, http://steamcommunity.com/id/sirsmiley
I'm down to chat or play some vidya, I've grown out of a lot of games on there though.

>>36157467
I've thought about that a lot, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I feel like I'd be ashamed as well and drop out. And I'm already ashamed of the major I'm in.
>>
>>36157500
>What I did was lie in bed
Same, I usually sleep like 12-14 hours a day and lie in bed a lot.
>>
>>36157514
>I've thought about that a lot, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I feel like I'd be ashamed as well and drop out. And I'm already ashamed of the major I'm in.
Yeah. I don't think it's possible for people like us to live without shame. I'd give anything to study something else, but it's too late for me. It would take too much time, and I'm in too much debt (100k+) to even try. There's a good chance I off myself before the summer ends.
>>
>>36157500
oh so much fucking this

Oregano University
>>
Man I wish I could help, but if I can't provide advice I can at least tell you that I've been going through the exact same thing. At least it's somewhat comforting to know there are others out there with similar experiences.
>>
>>36157055
same situation

I bought a good deal of modafinil from an Indian website (duckdose) because it's supposed to have similar effects (improved focus, energy)

it was easy as hell to get, but now that I have it I've found it doesn't do shit for me except fuck up my sleep schedule. apparently it works for some people though so you might try a sample or something.

>>36155999
I'm not depressed but I have the exact same symptoms as everyone else in the thread. the only reason I'm still in school is because my family is very supportive. I haven't figured out how to study but I feel like I can probably do my homework on time this term. I took a break from videogames for a while and now it's much easier to stay away from them. I should probably do the same thing with masturbation but I can't muster the will. Also, take less credits. Just because you CAN do something does NOT mean that you'll actually be able to, if that makes sense. It's important to be a bit pessimistic.
>>
>>36157656
>Also, take less credits
I wish I could do this, but I'm a poor fag relying on scholarships and grants, and most require me to take full credits.
>>
>>36157656
Same boat. Lost the ability to focus and gradually lost any hope I had in enjoying life post graduation (less than 2-3 quarters left for this second degree). I feel like I'm stuck in a kind of dharmic hell where I am watching myself doing nothing and feel no impulse to stop it, or if I do it only lasts temporarily.
>>
It's all about getting into a routine.
> wake up at 7
> gym
> shower
>breakfast
> library
And classes
> classes

Put a time limitermon your internet devices. It takes will-power to develop will-power
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.