[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else genuinely hope that this life is all there is and

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Anyone else genuinely hope that this life is all there is and there is no afterlife or anything? i dont have a problem if i knew i would die at a certain time soon as long as it was just dying in my sleep or just instantly dying sometime during the day but actually getting violently killed or having to be confined to a hospital bed would be the worst

anyone else get this?
>>
No way dude
i hope there is more
>>
>>36152848
thanks for the reply

i get you
>>
>>36152406
I can see why you would feel that way anon. There has to be something though. I believe the absolute worst possible way to go would be having anything in your brain shot or fucked up. You wouldnt even be able to perceive your death. I do want to believe there is something though. And in fact there is in a way. A void where your thoughts go to die. And you will either find that thought extreamly comforting (No more struggles and you will never be able to worry,cry,be mad,ect. But you will also never feel ANYTHING again or think ever again. If anything the scary part of death is the actual death part.
>>
the human brain isn't equipped to understand what it "feels" like to not exist. I definitely hope there's something after this.
>>
>>36152406
I don't know what I hope for, but I think whatever this is, is way too complex for something like oblivion.
>>
I know 100% for a fact that this life is all there is and even it is nothing. I don't care about my life and I'm just drifting through the emptiness until I get lucky and die of cirrhosis or something
>>
>>36152406
I hope reincarnation is actually a thing.

I don't even care if i end up with a shittier life than my current one.

I just think being reborn as someone/something else with no memory of your previous life is more likely than heaven or hell being being real or nothing happening at all.
>>
>>36152406
Yes
Anyone afraid of "nothing" is complete faggot
>>
File: You_Doodle_2017-04-09T08_20_33Z.jpg (745KB, 2998x2956px) Image search: [Google]
You_Doodle_2017-04-09T08_20_33Z.jpg
745KB, 2998x2956px
>>36152406
Death is a meme. It's impossible. It doesn't exist.

The riginal
>>
There are only to ways I can see death.

If this is all there is at all, I think it would be like a time I passed out while answering the door for some reason. It was like all of a sudden I was on the floor, preceded by an amount of time that felt like a few seconds an a million years where I wasn't there. Like I had slipped into some deeper sleep that I had forgotten that I'd had, and when I realised I was conscious again it was like I'd had a wonderfully comfortable slumber.

The other, although it won't be me in the sense of the person I am right now experiencing it, is me as the fragmenting consciousnessof the universe having another go. Maybe there will be a period between me being who I am now and who I'll be next where I'll exist in some form as the network and remember all m other experiences. Then I'll probably just do it all gain with a fresh start.

But I dunno, either way I can only see this as it or this being an infinite loop of seperate existences that we as the universe plays with itself and doesn't conjoin because what would be the fun in it if we knew the whole show.
>>
>>36152406
I think our lives have the potential to be much more varied than they are. We're a clone species, surrounded by genetic, cultural and perceptual copies of ourselves, so it makes sense that we in particular are lost in monotony. We're like a big tangle and it's difficult to make strides towards REALLY redefining what it means for you to exist as an individual unless you're catching some niche wave of collective thought. Anything that's ever happened to anyone that indicated that life may exist elsewhere happened here, because a person is only ever in one place, so the perceived "elsewhere" must actually be here.

As depressing as the thought that this is all there is is to me, this can be so many things other than what we're seeing and feeling right now.

Not sure how I feel about afterlives and death.

Now it would be interesting if "something" "existed" outside of existence itself- if there was some completely strange and foreign reality dynamic that has nothing to do with phenomena and events.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.