[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you describe a human without emotions as being like?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1487255406761.jpg (216KB, 1000x945px) Image search: [Google]
1487255406761.jpg
216KB, 1000x945px
What would you describe a human without emotions as being like?

For example, I'm thinking of a description along the lines of "a robot that achieved sentience" or "a reptile made flesh" I want a short description that paints a colorful scenario in one's mind.
>>
File: 1476602507189.png (2MB, 1031x860px) Image search: [Google]
1476602507189.png
2MB, 1031x860px
>>36139973
>a robot that achieved sentience
is a bit long and clunky.

>a reptile made flesh
sounds good, unless you realise that reptiles are already flesh.

>sharpened steel born into flesh
perhaps? I'm better at critique than actual writing.

High school homework?
>>
>>36140315

>High school homework?
Nah, I was just started daydreaming about it for some reason

and the two examples I posted weren't supposed to be failed attempts, they were just guidelines for the phrasing I wanted.

Although you're critiques are spot on.

Hmmm, I'm thinking "a doll made animate" might work, but it's too vague and doll's too feminine.

hmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>36140425
Any specific context, or just disconnected pondering? It would help me develop something.

If you can't tell, I'm bored.
>>
They're called schizoids.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoid_personality_disorder
>>
>>36140485
>>36140511
Hmm, at first it was disconnected pondering, but actually connecting it to a schizoid seems like an interesting idea.

Yeah, let's try to come up with a poetic way of describing a schizoid
>>
>>36140511
Nope.

Although Antisocial Personality Disorder (Sociopaths/Psychopaths) describes someone with no empathy, they do draw from a very shallow emotional pool.

Schizoids, on the other hand, have as deep emotions as anyone else, but do not give them bearing in reality, and instead sink into deep fantasies.
>>
>>36140563
That wasn't me here >>36140511, but as you can see >>36140584 schizoid wouldn't be the best option in this case.

However, I do feel that psychopaths are very cliche in literature and media, so unless you can bring something fresh to the table here, a work on a schizoid would catch my interest. I'd read it.
>>
>>36139973
What about an automata?
>>
>>36140637
hmmm, "An automaton given will"

hmmm, a little vague still, and I'm not sure if it conveys the idea of the an empty person who's unable to have meaningful life experiences, but it's definitely the closest yet.
>>
a god made of flesh and bone and desire

>>36140790
>An automaton given will
sounds really cool desu senpai
>>
>>36140855
wait, no desire. just a god made of flesh and bone
>>
Schizotypal personality disorder reporting in.
>>
bag of flesh
>>
He had a brain made of metal
And a heart made of ceramic
The world was a tool
For the man so ferric

Only progress, only goals
Logic in hand
Apropos
No sympathy for fellow man

Neither laughter, nor tears
Graced his face
What drove him, I wonder
What is his place?

Pain and pleasure
All life's spark
This hollow erasure
Could only live in the dark.
>>
>>36139973
>What would you describe a human without emotions as being like?
an autist
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.