[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>started smoking when I was 13 >want to quit but can't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: large.jpg (92KB, 500x751px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
92KB, 500x751px
>started smoking when I was 13
>want to quit but can't go more than a couple hours without severe withdrawals
Am I irreversibly fucked?
>>
>>36139504
>Am I irreversibly fucked?
Yes. Not because quitting is impossible or difficult, but because you're retarded.
>can't go more than a couple hours without severe withdrawals
Yes? What the fuck did you expect? That's how it is. The trick is, when you feel withdrawals, instead of smoking again, YOU DON'T FUCKING SMOKE.
>>
Quitting cold turkey didn't work for me at all. I had a much easier time slowly weaning off and reducing what I smoked over time. Your body needs time to adjust to not having nicotine all the time.
>>
Damn its almost like its your fault and you have to pay the consequences for your decisions
Whoa....wtf....thats crazy.....
>>
I started at 15, now 26, and have successfully quit for a year between 24-25. Patches and a non-nicotine vape so I sorted both nicotine cravings and the physical act of smoking cravings.
You can do it.
>>
File: vapepe.jpg (294KB, 579x426px) Image search: [Google]
vapepe.jpg
294KB, 579x426px
>2017
>not vaping
KILL YOURSELF PLEASE
>>
>>36139605
>Not because quitting is impossible or difficult
Quitting is incredibly difficult for most people actually. You don't inhale nicotine for a long time and think your body won't change in response to that. Your body adapts to NEED it so it is incredibly difficult to quit.
>>
>>36139504

>severe withdrawals

What are you whining about? Cigarettes aren't heroin. I've smoked a pack a day for 10 years but I can easily go a whole work shift without one and not notice it. Some days I don't even feel like having a cigarette until night time. I've quit all the way for weeks at a time and get nothing but mild tiredness/fatigue for three or four days.

People exaggerate the hell out of tobacco's addictiveness.
>>
>>36139656
>smoking at all
kys mate
>>
>>36139693
>it worked on my machine :^)
>>
>>36139693
>a pack a day
Ah, that's cute.
>>
>>36139693
>People exaggerate the hell out of tobacco's addictiveness.
Yeah all those scientists are full of shit, we should listen to this guy. :^)

Also "le ebin it's not as bad as heroin so it's not bad" fallacy.
>>
>>36139504
>severe withdrawals
Nicotine ain't shit, my boy. Its all in your mind.
I've been through severe alcohol/benzo WDs (shaking, sweating, hallucinating, seizures) and quitting smoking is a cake walk compared that, bitch boi.
Slap on a nicotine patch and deal.
>>
>>36139750

I never said it's not addictive just that people who say "OMG I HAVEN'T HAD A CIG IN TWO HOURS I'M LOSING MY SHIT" are massive pussies with no self control whatsoever.
>>
>>36139625
This. Never quit any addiction cold turkey, it's stupid and pointless. You're just endangering your body for no reason. Just slowly quit over time, it's tons easier.
>>
>>36139785
you're genuinely retarded if you think people all react to addiction the exact same way.
>>
>>36139785
>massive pussies with no self control whatsoever
Except no, withdrawals and very real and a proven fact. YOU might not have had any withdrawals but other people do, people are different and people have lesser or more severe reactions. You're a fucking idiot basically.
>>
i smoke 4-5 cigs a day
i won't get lung cancer right?
only retards that smoke pack a day get one, r-right?
i like the feel of a nicotine in the morning before I go to uni
>>
>>36139625
>you're body needs time to adjust
my experience was the opposite. i had to quit cold turkey because weaning myself off just prolonged the "suffering" and made me more anxious since i was never satisfied with the smaller and smaller doses of nicotine.

OP, you can try to wean yourself off first and see how that goes. some people i know who have had success with that method started by restricting where they smoked (so, no smoking indoors, in their car, etc). then they restricted the times when they could smoke (so, they'd delay smoking for an hour or two in the morning after waking up, etc). the last part involved actually cutting back on how much they smoked which they said was easier since they had less available time to smoke. it was a slow process, but within a couple of months they were smoking a quarter of what they previously smoked and one of them went ahead and quit completely.

if you try cold turkey you've got to jump in with both feet. throw out your cigarettes, wake up on day one, and simply don't smoke. when cravings come set a timer for fifteen minutes and before time's up your craving will have greatly diminished if not disappeared completely. after the first 3-5 days you're physical cravings will have practically gone away and all you have to deal with from then on is mental cravings.
>>
I'm trying to quit and my anxiety is through the roof, when will it fucking stop?
>>
>>36139634
Not sure what point you're trying to make. Nobody was complaining that cigarettes had this effect and trying to take blame off themselves. It's almost like your failed attempt to be a smartass just makes you look like a retard.
>>
>>36139870
a few days. cardio helps out a lot to burn up that anxious energy
>>
>>36139504
>>36139836

They make nicotine lozenges and they're cheaper.

You can get nicotine easily without smoking tobacco.
>>
>>36139892
Yes im the retard for not making a dumb decision and complaining on /r9k/
>>
>>36139836
If you continue doing that then yes, eventually you will start to feel the effects
>>
>>36139836
I smoked 2 packs a day at a time and my lungs are still cancer free but who knows what happens when you get older. My aunt was a pack a day smoker and she's 70 years old and cancer tree. It depends on your family I guess.
>>
>>36139925
i'm already feeling the effects (I can hardly go on with my day without a cig).
I just assume that people smoke packs a day, but since I smoke 4x less, I can live without getting cancer
>>
>>36139914
You are a retard because you're an illiterate fuck, there was no complaining whatsoever.
>>
>>36139504
Honestly, nicotine withdrawals are pretty rough. I'm a FORMER poly-drug user, and I've been through oxy withdrawals. Obviously, they were far worse, but quitting 1.5 packs a day wasn't easy either.

Cold turkey is best with nicotine. It has a long half-life, so it takes 3 full days to get out of your system. This means your withdrawals will get worse for 3-4 days, then slowly better. Taking nicotine-replacement drugs, vaping, or smoking low amounts will make your withdrawal longer and overall worse.

A lot of people shit on it, but I also found that Alan Carr's "The Easy Way to Quit Smoking" helped with having the right mental attitude and fortitude.
>>
>>36139815
>>36139829

Dude I know what it feels like to really want a cigarette. You guys are whimps, plain and simple. Don't start drinking you'll lose your mind.
>>
>>36139960
>cant quit because withdrawals
>this isnt a complaint
Wow
>>
>>36139990
It says "want" not "cant". Learn to read, it's a statement not a complaint. A complaint would be "I can't fucking quit because of these withdrawals" not "I want to quit" and asking if your body is just too fargone.
>>
>>36139504
No. You have to power through the initial 48 hours and the cravings die a lot. Then for the next few weeks it'll be low level ignorable stuff. The real problem is, IMO, when you get stressed the cravings flare up and you have to resist the temptation when people smoke around you.
>>
>>36139968
You also need to realize that smoking is making you feel like shit all day every day. You just don't realize it until you quit.

After a month or two passes and you're done, you'll feel SO much better physically than when you smoked. Unfortunately, it takes a while until you start to notice.
>>
>>36140045
>haha u misread xd ur dumy xd
Fuck off
>>
File: 1476663700342.jpg (219KB, 560x577px) Image search: [Google]
1476663700342.jpg
219KB, 560x577px
>>36139656
>never been into smoking
>considering starting vaping so I can piss off the normies and hang out with the "hipsters" on my college campus
>>
>>36140075
>I'm too illiterate so I'll just sperg out
>>
File: 1491599563612.jpg (161KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1491599563612.jpg
161KB, 1024x768px
>>36139504
Be mindful.

Focus on all the negatives as you smoke.

The smell.
The cost.
The taste.
How you look to others.

Instead of quitting outright force yourself into making it more burdensome. Always smoke outside, never indoors or in car. Wear a smoking jacket or hoodie (so you don't stink, fucking smokers stink), always wash hands and brush teeth or use mouthwash after cuz again smokers fucking reek.

Focus on all the negatives,focus on how big a pain in the ass it is, focus on the heat of Summer when out burning one or the coldness of winter.

It'll help you regain control, it fucking works. It's what i did and allowed me to quit after years.

>mfw when i even came across a tedtalk outlining mindfulness to combat bad behaviors and addictions.
>>
Try welbutrin, that shit got me off smokes in a heartbeat.
>>
>>36140142
Whoa wtf i was so destroyed xD haha screencap this dude
>>
>>36140140
Cool plan, bro. Enjoy the withdrawals when you quit some day.
>>
>>36139954
I don't know for sure but i'm pretty sure that's not how it works my dude.
Nothing in this world is as linear as that, apart from in theory.
Don't use it as an excuse to push back quitting.
>>
>>36139968
Quitting smoking is proven to me more difficult than quitting opiates. I'll also attest to that from personal experience.
>>
File: 1466733662192.jpg (32KB, 237x304px) Image search: [Google]
1466733662192.jpg
32KB, 237x304px
>>36139656
>vaping

You might as well be smoking cock
>>
>>36140180
>Enjoy the withdrawals when you quit some day.
I'm already going to get those if I ever decide to quit alcohol, maybe if I start smoking the combination will finally fucking kill me
>>
>>36140283
>exhaling strawberry custard into normie faces
It's like you enjoy losing.
>>
>>36140180
you can buy nicotine free vape juice dummy
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.