[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to quit my delivery job. Scheduled for a shift tomorrow.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: $_99.jpg (5KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
$_99.jpg
5KB, 200x150px
I want to quit my delivery job. Scheduled for a shift tomorrow.

Do I?

A. Call them today and make up excuse for why I can't work there anymore
B. Call them and tell them I quit
C. Never go back with no contact
D. Other (reply below)
>>
You're going to need them as a reference in the future. Have some tact.
>>
put in 2 weeks notice

youll get treated like shit the last 2 weeks but thats just the manager testing you.

youll get a good reference if you put in 2 weeks notice so they can interview selectively for your replacement. if you leave a void and they have to hire some shithead theyll blame you

I just want a delivery job so bad. Fucking love driving seems like the best job for me. Do you think a big speeding ticker will stop me from getting the job?
>>
>>36139412
Make them fire you.
Take out your dick in front of your colleagues.
Piss in the trashbin.
Call your boss and make sexual noises.
>>
Doubt it. Never had to have references for any food service job really. I doubt any serious job will care about what some shit hole delivery place thinks.
>>
>>36139533
All depends on the restaurant and the state you are in. I had a ticket for 23 over, but it wasnt considered reckless and they didnt even blink. I love delivering too, but this place makes me do way too much prep work.
>>
>>36139412
A and B if you don't want to give a 2 week notice but don't want to be a complete dick. I don't know why you have to make up an excuse. If they ask just tell them it's personal.

C is when you don't give a shit about the people and don't care about quitting without giving them notice so they can cover shifts.

If you're friendly with people there and don't hate them then at least give them a heads up that you won't be coming in after a set date. Most places can't find a replacement and get them trained within 2 weeks anyway so just give them a couple days at least so they can rearrange the schedule.
>>
>>36139412

I think the mature choice would be to call and give an honest explanation.

I'm a neuroscience student but haven't taken classes in a few semesters because I'm saving some money to travel overseas. Right now I have two jobs but wanted to quit one after figuring my earnings weren't worth the effort.

However, I didn't feel too comfortable leaving without notice since I'd agreed to work until school let out at the beginning of May.

I told the manager, "Hey man, I know I said I'd work until the semester is over, but I'm just not making as much money as I thought I would. Unless you can help me cut my hours, I'm going to have to leave."

Since I wasn't bullshitting or making it sound like I was iffy, he cut me down from what I was working to four hours per week, on days when I'd earn well and they needed my help.

Do the same thing, whether you intend to stay or not. I think it's courteous just to put in your two weeks' notice like a normal person before quitting, but worst case scenario you can just say your car broke down and you can't work there any more.
>>
What's the job like? There's a Dominos in a nearby small city that has a sticker plastered to their window looking for driver, so I guess it shouldn't be too hard to get a job?

I have access to a 2011 Ford Focus, but it's not my car. I need a job until January, and I'm worried about turning my mom's car into garbage. Also, I worried about having to deal with having to count out change.
>>
>>36139612
Dominoes or pizza hut?
>>
>>36140840
>I'm worried about turning my mom's car into garbage
Just make sure to get the oil changes done and immediately fix anything that breaks or becomes a problem, shit adds up quick
>I worried about having to deal with having to count out change.
Most people don't ask for coin change, I've been delivering for over a year now and have never counted out coins
>>
>>36140840
>2011 Ford Focus
>worried about turning my mom's car into garbage
Don't worry, Ford has already done that for you.
>>
C is best, it saves your sanity, which no amount of money can ever fix

unless you plan to get the same shit job you quit, why even bother? i have done this and they kept begging me to go back there, i said i quit and blocked their #

you can also literally buy a reference service online now
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.