[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anybody here not have facebook? Do you think it has effected

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: FACEBOOK.png (5KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
FACEBOOK.png
5KB, 325x325px
Does anybody here not have facebook?

Do you think it has effected your social life (or lack of one)?

What's your opinion about it?
>>
It's useful as a chat platform. I don't use it like a normie though. 20 friends, anime profile picture, never post anything.

I'm on my third account since I kept deleting them.
>>
>>36137840
21 year old here.
I don't and it really has. Everyone had it in high school. It became the norm to ask people out on Facebook, send party invitations there, talk about meeting up etc. Sure, if I was really wanted somewhere they could have just asked me in person, but as marginal person I think it would have benefited to just be easy to approach on there.

That said, I hate Facebook and everything it stands for as well as (((Mark))) so I'm not that bothered. Living the robot life is not as bad as some make it seem.
>>
>>36137840
I have one but I only use it to fap to lewd pics of girls I knew in high school
>>
jewbook is for fags, i got no purpose for it anyway. i don't fit in with that type of shite
>>
Deleted it during high school. Got it back when I transferred colleges, and moved cities. Honestly it's pretty good for keeping up on events/contacting friends and building new friendships. A lot of stuff posted on there is bullshit though
>>
Facebook sucks anyway so it doesnt really matter for me
>>
>>36138058
You do know that they can see what pic you're looking at right?
>>
>>36137840
I have it, but mainly use it to know about concerts in my area. It's kind of depressing though because I have a bunch of friends on it but none of them really know me so whenever I post something I only get up to 2 or 3 likes.
>>
>>36138320
wait what how since when
>>
>>36137840
Who else /popular on facebook/ here?
I use like like a normie. Evert time I upload pictures it gets between 70 and 200 likes. I don't upload pics that often though.

It's also really useful for chatting and stalking girls.
>>
>>36137840
I don't have one. Probably affected my social life, but I hate Facebook so it's a compromise I'm happy to make
>>
Used to use it a lot but now just use it to follow some artists and news pages. I have no friends on there except some family so it never affected my lack of a social life.
I'd delete it but twitter is shit and so is Tumblr.
>>
>>36138421
you can turn viewing notifications on
like "anon has viewed these pictures of yours"
grills turn it on to see if guys go through all their photos
>>
>>36138421
Since forever
>>
>>36138320
I'm not retarded anon, I didn't make the account in my name or post any pics of myself on it.
>>
>>36137840
Lack of Facebook has probably affected my social life. I say probably because I can talk and bullshit with normies just fine but I don't really want to be friends with them. The only downside is it's harder to find and keep a gf without one.
>>
>>36138480
yeah that's not a real thing
>>
I have a facebook, and have had it for years. It's had virtually no effect on my social life, I still barely talk to people. As far as social interaction from it, I just occasionally say happy birthday to some family members/a couple friends I barely talk to. If you aren't a social person, it won't help you anyway.

Mostly I just follow dog pages, and keep an eye on normalfag opinions on current* events.
>>
I have one. Never used. Been lying dormant for 7 years.
>>
I don't, though I had a fake account when I was in Uni. Never accepted or sent any invites, pretended I don't notice messages, never installed any apps on my phone or shit, I hate getting notifications.

Basically I ended up completely alone after graduating. I don't think there's too many people left that could prove I existed outside of a three year span.

It gets lonely, but it was my choice.
>>
I got an account when I was in college, but it says "A place for friends" right on the homepage, so because I don't have any friends I just felt bad about myself.

I saw someone from High School on there who didn't have any friends back in High School, and he had people from all over the country in his top 8 or whatever, so I thought I could make online friends. But I didn't really see any way to make friends with people I hadn't met before, and what's the point of have a friend if all you can do is talk to them? I guess I could play games over Xbox Live should I do it now, but back then I didn't have an Xbox.

I don't have the money to do things like go out to eat, so there's no point in me trying to make friends. If Facebook had things like forums where you can post stuff and meet people that way I would consider joining, but I don't even know what types of forums I would post in.
>>
>>36138657
>dog pages
my nigga
>>
>>36138320
>implying it matters
the girls I fap to have literally thousands of people friended on facebook, I really doubt they can keep track of all the guys fapping to their pictures.
>>
>>36138730

There's something very cathartic about getting up in the morning and seeing silly pictures of dogs (and occasionally other animals) with memey captions.
>>
>>36137840
I don't have a facebook and I'm a NEET shut in loser with no friends so it doesn't matter. Last time I was on facebook a 3/10 fat girl messaged me saying I was cute and I deleted my facebook so I didn't have to respond.
>>
>>36138791
>Neet, no friends, 3/10, deleted, wouldn't have to respond
*Brofist
>>
File: 1341925198185.jpg (48KB, 259x421px) Image search: [Google]
1341925198185.jpg
48KB, 259x421px
>>36137840
I have one and it hasn't. People still don't talk to me. I've sent people I knew in high-school a message saying hello and they ignored me. Whether or not you have a Facebook has nothing to do with whether or not you have friends or people want to talk to you.

It looks like I couldn't even be a normie if I tried.
>>
File: 1475172027593.png (696KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1475172027593.png
696KB, 633x758px
I'm really envious of robots who didn't grow up with social media. Facebook came out when I was 7 and got really popular when I was in middle school. Not having one really stunted my social growth. I lost friends because I didn't have an online presence.

But fuck I really hate Facebook. Didn't want to share pictures and shit. Seemed so stupid to me at the time. I should've done it though.
>>
>>36137840
>Does anybody here not have facebook?
Yes

>Do you think it has effected your social life (or lack of one)?
No. I see the people I care about (close friends, family) often, so I don't miss them when I don't.

>What's your opinion about it?
>Zuck: They "trust me"
>Zuck: Dumb fucks

Ignoring having a spying machine in your life, I find social networks to be cancerous.

Theoretically, they can be a useful tool for keeping in touch with others. That's not how they worked out thought. They just encourage vapid friendships and dinging up your "like" counters in exchange for nothing. It's rare that you'll get any real human interaction out of it. Most of the days it's someone's highlight reel.
>>
>>36139066
desu I can't hold it against him. The majority of 19-year-old college students are arrogant pricks. Everyone here has said stupid shit on the internet when they were 19. He's 32 now.
>>
I went through 4 years of uni without facebook and I may not be full on normie but I'm no robot. It made few thing harder societies, would post updates on fb rather than their uni website, and so on. Nothing worth joining. For the convenience of fossils like me phones still exist. And I actively try to avoid people obsessed with social media.
>>
>>36138991
Lol that would be me.

Best years for social media were the days of email
>>
>>36138991
It was good man
Especially that none of the cringy shit we did or said ended up spreading world wide.
>>
>>36137840

had one in middleschool, hit 200 friends, realized that i barely know these people and don't care for them, and them me.
>>
>>36138756
that
and impying they even care
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.