[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The single most stressful aspect of my life is that nothing truly,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: 1479356722186.jpg (81KB, 720x398px) Image search: [Google]
1479356722186.jpg
81KB, 720x398px
The single most stressful aspect of my life is that nothing truly, genuinely brings me joy except for when I meet an online girl to talk to that I like, which has only happened three times in the last five years.

My point is that I go to work, I go home, and I do nothing. I'm constantly bored, there's nothing I seriously want to do. It isn't a matter of money either. I don't know if I'm explaining my problem properly, but I hope you guys can understand. Let's say for example its Saturday morning, I don't have to go to work, I have thousands in the bank, it should be my day off to relax and enjoy myself right? I'll spend the entire day in bed, bored and miserable with no reason to get up. I seriously don't want to go anywhere, play any games, or do anything.

How can I fix this? I genuinely don't see a way out. It's so strange, I have freedom but none of it appeals to me.
>>
>>36137505
>It's so strange, I have freedom but none of it appeals to me.
I think its called depression.
>>
>>36137586

Shouldn't I be able to fix this by finding things to do? Ways to keep busy? Stuff to do to enjoy myself and take my mind off my problems? Spend the money I earn on things that make me happy?

I don't want to feel this way. I want it to change.
>>
>>36137605
Sorry, I can't help you. I'm stuck in the same situation.
>>
File: 1488759712293.jpg (63KB, 831x846px) Image search: [Google]
1488759712293.jpg
63KB, 831x846px
>>36137505
You just described my life exactly, frienderino.
>>
>>36137680

Do you do anything outside? I'll never meet a girl if I don't find reasons to go outside. But there's no reason to ever go outside without friends.
>>
File: papagaio s2 melancia.jpg (43KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
papagaio s2 melancia.jpg
43KB, 500x375px
>>36137505
>The single most stressful aspect of my life is that nothing truly, genuinely brings me joy except for when I meet an online girl to talk to that I like, which has only happened three times in the last five years.

I feel you anon. Currently on the highest level of ennui with no sign of getting out. At least not for today. It might sound self-seeking and cringey, but my only reason to go to wake up and go to college is the battle that I'm going through to get this one girl I love to be my GF.

As lame as it sounds, the fact that I got great grades and getting a job here isn't that hard, I almost never look forward to all the knowledge I might acquire, only keeping my pseudo-intelectual dude agenda by reading some educational shit every once in a while. The worst part is its getting me somewhere with this girl so I've got literally no plans to stop. It's just sad when we get on weekends, where my overthinking self takes over and I only answer people that talk to me on social media and play some games every once in a while. The girl sometimes comes asking me a question or some other random statement, all which never end up getting me into an actual conversation. I'm not saying she should make an effort to talk me, but something inside keeps telling me that everything I'm doing doesn't get me anywhere if it doesn't get me somewhere with who I like.

ffs when did i turn into such a society servant
its fun and all of that when it works but when it doesn't i just feel unworthy lol
>>
File: camera.jpg (91KB, 700x524px) Image search: [Google]
camera.jpg
91KB, 700x524px
>>36137931
Holy shit I type badly, but I think you can understand.

If its of any help forcing yourself into social circles can help you cease your needs for a little bit of time.

The times where I'm the happiest is when I'm talking to my crush/friends. I catch myself laughing for no reason so often in those situations is almost like I'm retarded. Its even worse when they are laughing at something I said, since it feels like a big ol accomplishment to me for some reason.
>>
I see a lot of people saying they relate to me but nobody even suggesting a possible solution and that's making me feel much worse... Its like I can't even fix my life even if I want to.
>>
>>36138108
What did you expect? We're robots. Half of us are NEETS and the other half don't have enough experience in social relationships to give anyone advice.

If its of any consolation, I'd reccomend you find something to be great at, even though it might seem boring and worthless, when you start to see your skills growing the motivation to continue is almost guaranteed to show up. At least thats how I got into table tennis and studying without needing to.
>>
>>36138256
>If its of any consolation, I'd reccomend you find something to be great at, even though it might seem boring and worthless, when you start to see your skills growing the motivation to continue is almost guaranteed to show up. At least thats how I got into table tennis and studying without needing to.
That why >>>/adv/ is made for.
>>
>>36137505
Do you have friends anon?

Origznaldlkz'zldjnd
>>
>>36138342

Yes and no. I know two guys I could hang out with in real life if I wanted to, but I don't enjoy their company enough to want to hang out with them so it seems pointless. I asked one who was a co worker before I quit my job on Thursday if we could hang out today and he said sure, but I just don't see the point. What am I going to do at his house? Play video games with him? So what?
>>
>>36137505
You have /nonmeme depression/

It gets worse, even if you got a girl it would eventually become hollow and you would feel just as bored as before once you were more settled in. The need for a woman (and the excitement of having one) in your life is just some deep-rooted emotional projection of your own and is a symptom of your depression, not a root cause.

Please contact a therapist. Do your research and pick one that is well reviewed with good credentials. In the meantime, try to force yourself to commit to a skill-based hobby even if it feels stupid and you're "too tired" to do it. Personally I took up skateboarding and it's helped a lot, although it's a little embarrassing learning to skate at my age. I picked a cbt shrink instead of a psycho-analytic one. It's helped enough to get me outside trying things again, but I had to go through a couple therapists before I found one who didn't give normie advice and could actually dig deep.
>>
>>36137704
Finally makes this thread on /adv/, OP.
Say you come from here, they will may be more indulgent.
>>
>>36138470

I'm nervous, I don't go to /adv/ and the only people I've ever heard of going there are female normies. They won't understand or be able to help me.

>>36138454

Having a girlfriend helps, but that's all that helps. And that's a serious issue for me. I just got a promotion to the highest paying job I've ever had and I just walked out of work on Thursday in the middle of my shift and quit because my girlfriend left me. Without that one piece of joy in my life I see absolutely no point in doing anything at all. It isn't healthy. And now I'm alone. I have not left my room since Thursday and I've barely been speaking. I'm bored, lonely, and I have no money and nothing to do except sit here and spiral downwards. The worst part isn't knowing today is hard, its knowing that things could potentially go unchanged for years.
>>
>>36138108
If I knew the solution then I wouldn't be here tbqphwyf.
>>
>>36138470
Don't listen to this joker. /adv/ is normie central, they will only give you meme answers.
>>
>>36138676
>implying advices from /r9k/ are better
>>
>>36138310
/adv/ is too blunt for us robots. And it's one of the boards with the most female posters, they're extremely mean.
>>
>>36138763
>implying it isn't
They will unironically tell you to b urself. They're all normies.
>>
>>36138866
Okay.

Conclusion: You're going nowhere, OP and no one can help you.
>>
>>36138390
Just go to the gym. Even if you don't want to look /fit/: just do it. You'll have something to do and a non-beta hobby. When you start progressing, you'll have more fun doing fitness.

It also really makes you forget all the shit that's going on in your life foto a few hours.
>>
>>36138919

Alright, I guess I'll do this. You're right. There's a gym five minutes away from me, and it could be my best bet to meet people without having to already have friends to begin with. First, I need to get a new job since I quit mine and I have no savings, but once I start getting paid again, I'll start working out too.

It helps that part of the reason my girlfriend left me is because she wasn't very physically attracted to me anymore. Fuck it. I'll work out. I want to look like Goku.
>>
>>36138997
>It helps that part of the reason my girlfriend left me
Wait, OP...you...had..a..gf ?!?!?!?
>>
>>36139068

I had an internet gf. I flew to another continent to spend time with her. It cost me several thousand dollars and I waited years to see her. She broke up with me a few days after I got home which is why I walked out of my job on Thursday.

I really fucked up building my life around her so much. I understand it isn't/wasn't healthy and i set myself up for failure. But she was genuinely the only reason I went to work. Talking to her was honestly the only thing I enjoyed doing and she was the only thing that got me motivated to do anything. As I said, most money I've ever made, just got a nice new promotion, then she tells me she doesn't love me anymore so I just quit instantly. The sad thing is, unless I kill myself, my life has to go on with or without her. She was my best friend and the only person I spoke to every day, as well as the only girl I know. Needless to say, I'm really feeling fucked without her.
>>
>>36139330
ffs op, don't put all your eggs in one basket, haven't anyone ever told you that?

You really NEED to push yourself into a social circle, if that hasn't been suggested enough by other anons.
>>
>>36139330
She broke up with you right after meeting you for the first time? Damn, that is rough.
>>
>>36139330
What country are you from? Perhaps I could be your internet girlfriend instead.
>>
>>36139803

I know I do. I've had chances to join one before but, I just don't enjoy the company of other people very much. I'm kind of lonely sometimes but I really don't like being around other people. I've gone to dinner with co workers a few times and never enjoyed myself.

>>36139965

Yes, we were together for five years too. Going to her country cost me thousands.

>>36139997

United States,
>>
>>36140047
>Going to her country cost me thousands.
What country? What did she say when breaking up? That's fucked up.
>>
Wow, OP. You need to make some friends. Find a hobby. A girlfriend will come. You need human interaction.
>>
>>36140055

I don't want to say the country. Look, I also don't mean to over simplify things to make it look like she was just trying to be a huge bitch and broke up with me for no good reason. You can fit a lot of history in the years we were together and we were very close. I don't know if we still are. She wants to remain friends but I honestly don't think I can do that.

She told me she didn't feel there was chemistry anymore. She said she just wasn't super attracted to me anymore on the inside or the outside. She said I was too clingy, which I think is bullshit because I didn't even talk to her on the phone most days. We didn't text constantly either. I mean, I had a full time job, its not like I could really be on her ass all the time right? But, if she felt I was clingy I guess she is entitled to that opinion. She says she loves me, but she isn't in love with me.

>>36140131

I'm not really seeking a girlfriend right now. I'm seeking a single source of happiness or excitement.
>>
>>36140152
What was she like? What did you like about her?
>>
>>36140221

I'm sorry but thinking about/answering your question would seriously be extremely depressing to me so I'm going to go ahead and not do that.
>>
>>36140263
>I'm sorry but thinking about/answering your question would seriously be extremely depressing
Do it anyway.
>>
>>36137505
i get what you mean op, you gotta find a girlfriend, download tinder or something, start talking to random girls in hopes that one of them will be your gf. if you don't fix this soon you'll lose the ability to change this so you gotta find a gf soon!
>>
>>36140414

I appreciate it man. This thread wasn't focused on finding a gf at all. I wonder why that's kind of what the thread started to focus on overtime?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.