[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do antidepressants actually help? I tried everything else, stuff

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1489060793178.jpg (19KB, 344x395px) Image search: [Google]
1489060793178.jpg
19KB, 344x395px
Do antidepressants actually help?
I tried everything else, stuff like lifting, eating healthy, getting a hobby etc. but the thing is there's nothing I'm passionate about and self-improvement doesn't make me feel better.

Are meds just a Jewish meme?
>>
They haven't for me.
Tried about 10 different ones, I'm not sure.
One or two made me completely numb, one turned me into a zombie.
They work for some though, you won't really know until you try.
>>
>>36135532
The effects vary from person to person and finding the right medication takes some time. It's a process of elimination and a matter of trial and error. I started on meds about 8 years ago, easily been on at least a dozen different ones and the depression is not nearly as bad as it was when I started. I'd go so far as to say it's mostly cured but you also lose quite a bit in addition to the depression and these parts of you that you lose don't ever come back. I'm not the same person I was before starting medication.

So they do work but with limited accuracy. There's a lot of collateral damage. If you can find a way to fix yourself without medication, I'd highly suggest pursuing those other means.
>>
>>36135565
>>36135649
Thanks, friends. Did you have any nasty side effects such as weight gain and lack of sex drive?
Also >>36135649 what's that collateral damage you mentioned? Why do you think you're not the person you were before meds?
>>
>>36135722
There was a bit of increased appetite with some of the medications but coming from being a skeleton with no real appetite to speak of, it was quite welcome. Other than that, never had issues with sex drive but had several with memory and anxiety.
>>
>>36135722
Yeah. One of them (Maybe two when I think about it, but one had a larger effect) made me gain 15kg. It was horrible. Zero good effects from it, and got fat which made me feel way worse.
>>
>>36135532
No.
Was on them for 10 years and it wasn't until I quit them all cold turkey 6 months ago that I realised they were making me feel 1000% worse than I originally was.
>Nausea all day, every single day.
>Zombie like state of no emotion.
>Restless leg syndrome as a side effect.
>Anxiety that I never had before.
>Suicidal thoughts and super bad constant depression.

A week after quitting I was losing weight, I had a smile on my face, and all the shit feelings almost all completely went away.
Now I'm motivated, trying to get my life back on track, feeling happier and healthier.

So yeah, fuck anti-depressants, especially Mirtazapine and Citalopram.
>>
There is only one thing in the world that can truly help and that is
>purpose

But sadly if you are smart you can clearly see that anything you can do in the societal sphere is useless. Unless maybe if you were rich enough to build businesses or communities.

Having depression as a young guy nowadays says nothing about you yet it says everything about this system and society.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.