[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does water have to taste so bad? Everyone tells me it shouldn't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: 1355129537841.jpg (64KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1355129537841.jpg
64KB, 633x758px
Why does water have to taste so bad? Everyone tells me it shouldn't taste bad, but it just tastes like ass to me.
>>
Water is one of my favorite beverages. Besides perhaps Apple Pucker Liqueur.

Where do you live, OP? I live out in the country. My water contains high amounts of minerals in it, because well water. I like it.
>>
>>36133960

I live in the city. Maybe because it's been through so many pipes and plants it tastes bad. But I once got a filter and it still tastes bad, and every time I drink bottled water it tastes bad too.
>>
>>36133933

My suggestion is to drink it ice cold. Makes it taste fresher.
>>
>>36133933
Your taste buds are probably fucked, given how water should have little to no taste as is.
>>
>>36133933
I know that feeling. My town water tastes like chlorine.
>>
File: 1412629881184.jpg (99KB, 983x758px) Image search: [Google]
1412629881184.jpg
99KB, 983x758px
>>36134002

It could be. Years of drinking pretty much only sodas has fucked me up.
>>
its probably your stinking mouth thats making the water taste bad. if you don't brush your teeth then do
>>
File: 2eefplye.jpg (36KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
2eefplye.jpg
36KB, 482x427px
soda water tastes good, still destroys teeth and glass bottles expensive
>>
>>36134054

Every time I brush my teeth they hurt real bad and my gums start bleeding.
>>
>>36134019
It doesn't take long for your palate to adjust. Just cut out the sugary bullshit and in a few weeks everything will taste good again.
>>
>>36134078
That'll go away after a while.
>>
>>36134002
When i moved from the country to a city and started getting my water from a treatment plant instead of a rainwater tank i thought it tasted like shit too.
>>
>>36134078
that's because you clearly don't brush them
>>
>>36133933
I seriously ONLY DRINK WATER!

Can't understand why you hate it, probably because you drink fluoridated sh!t from the US.

I drink pure Dutch mineral water.

Love it.
>>
>>36134090
This is true.
As lame as it sounds, you could try to switch to diet sodas first and slowly cut down on them too. But yeah, coming off sugar is hard.
>>
>>36133933
you've wasted your taste receptors with junk food and/or not excercising enough.
>>
Water is the greatest beverage there is. I'm so glad I stopped drinking soda and juice. Water is so amazingly refreshing, it's just the perfect substance.

The only things I drink are water, beer (a lot of beer), occasionally coffee and sometimes a nice Arnold Palmer
>>
>>36133933
drink mineral water, it tastes great, especially at night for some reason
>>
>>36134002
>Your taste buds are probably fucked, given how water should have little to no taste as is.

Water definitely has a taste, which comes from dissolve minerals, trace organics, and even the amount of gases dissolved in it. I used to have this water filter device that had a layer of felt-like paper made from unbleached hardwood pulp, impregnated with minerals, designed to impart a specific taste to the filtered water. The water it produced tasted fabulous, but unfortunately they stopped making them.

That being said, anon is probably barely even tasting any of that, if he is used to syrup-flavored commercial drinks.
>>
>>36133960
Puckered asshole liquor? What?
>>
>>36133933
>2017
>not putting artificial packets in ur drank
shiggy
>>
File: tfw fat.gif (15KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
tfw fat.gif
15KB, 633x758px
>tfw soda doesn't even taste good anymore but you still drink it
>tfw too lazy to brush teeth
>>
>drink milk my entire childhood
>switch to based water during late teens
>skin gets clearer
>better results from exercise
>used to love soda, kinda hate it now

thanks h2o
i usualy keep it in a glass pitcher in the refrigerator, it gives the water a nice taste
>>
If you think water tastes bad you need to go to the fucking gym and lose some weight you fat fuck

Some of you people actually really need to change your lifestyle

It's honestly not that hard just play a video game or watch a movie or watching anime or read a book while you're eating fruits and vegetables and drinking lots of water how hard can it be
>>
>>36135755

I tried going to a gym once, but this gym had a movie theater in it and you were supposed to do cardio while watching the movies, but I always ended up just watching the movie for my whole session sitting on the bench and not exercising.
>>
>>36135802
That's a weak excuse
Do cardio outside, or at another gym if public exercise like that isn't your thing
>>
Jesus, I drink a lot of water per day so I could only imagine how fat and miserable I would be if I had to replace it all with soda.

Anyway OP, I'm a firm believer of mind over matter. You should be able to make yourself like any taste you put your mind to. Stop being weak minded.
>>
>>36133933
You are addicted to sugar
Abstain completely from sugar-sweetened beverages for a couple weeks and you're tastes will readjust.
>>
>>36133933
Same thing op, water tastes like shit but if you ju at force it down, after the th ird day of water it starts to not taste like any th ing, then taste good.
Keep trying bro. The water meme is true. My skin is softer, I wake up more refreshed and I actually poop once a day now.
Also, no back acne. Which is fucking nice.
>>
>>36136203
>you ju at force it down

If I force myself to drink too much of it, I just get really nauseous.

>>36136051
>You should be able to make yourself like any taste you put your mind to.

How?
>>
>>36136219
Just force down two gulps every 15 mins
>>
drink bottled water lol whats your problem
>>
>>36133933
Spring water tastes better to me than purified or some municipal tap water. Try that and see if it's better (stores like Walmart sell them for like $0.80/gallon).
Try also adding lemon for flavor.
>>
>>36136258
This anon is right also cucumber in water seems like a gay magazine meme bit it makes water taste more...idk springy and fresh.
>>
File: haram.jpg (62KB, 600x516px) Image search: [Google]
haram.jpg
62KB, 600x516px
unless you guys are from the Third World and are drinking straight from a polluted river, what the fuck are you on about? Water is delicious
>>
>>36133933
Tap water taste like chlorine to me. Just drink bottled water. Or get fresh lemon/lime wedges and some ice, will make tap water taste better.
>>
File: lul.jpg (18KB, 313x313px) Image search: [Google]
lul.jpg
18KB, 313x313px
>Murrica

that country will never cease to amaze me
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.