[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here /polyphasic/? I tried to start doing 3 hours sleep

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: jThLmOb.png (423KB, 645x645px) Image search: [Google]
jThLmOb.png
423KB, 645x645px
Who here /polyphasic/?

I tried to start doing 3 hours sleep plus 2 30 min naps a few days ago, but I fucked it up. Now I'm going to stay up for a few days straight with caffeine, to force myself into instant REM when I crash, as REM sleep is the part that refreshes you.

It could be the perfect hikki lifestyle, as you could theoretically lower our sleep schedule to around 2 hours, maximizing time awake with no socializing to inhibit.

Advice on how to get into this? It's fucking hard.
>>
>>36133045
Its not good long term but short term.
>>
>>36133076
That's what I've heard. Not op, but I'd love to push the limits of sleep as much as possible without losing brain power, what should I do? I currently sleep 8 hours a day and feel just fine every morning, but could I bring that down to 7? Maybe even to 6 plus a nap in the afternoon?

After all, every hour saved could add up to a lot more things accomplished throughout the day plus entire months of your life saved through time. On the average month, an hour saved every day gives you back an entire 1.25 days
>>
File: 1475814468769.gif (420KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1475814468769.gif
420KB, 500x281px
>>36133178
I know, imagining the saved time I can get is fucking amazing. I'm a loser, but I'm not as miserable as most of you guys on here, I want to be awake to enjoy all the anime, drawing and vidja I can.

I could move down to 6 without naps in the past, albeit a little groggily. Try doing core sleep midnight to six, with a half-hour nap in the middle of the day (perhaps around 3).
>>
>>36133663
most normies live off of 6 hours just fine when they drink coffee and have a reason to get up in the morning.
>>
There are almost no documented cases of humans sleeping this way throughout recorded history. On the other hand there are many cases of alternative sleeping patterns across cultures and historical figures that aren't as strict or unreasonable as the polyphasic cycle.

I know exactly what you're trying to do OP and the truth is this: polyphasic sleep was invented by a crackpot female blogger who did it for the same reasons that women do anything: for attention. She later wrote a book about it to make money and since then numerous people have tried the sleep schedule hoping to receive a productivity increase.

What does polyphasic sleep have in common with any other new age bullshit (like law of attraction)? Well, everything. It's based on invalided pseudo-scientific bullshit. It tries to sell you a life-style change and it promises you the world. But I can point to the experiences of numerous people who have tried this and what they've all found consistently is that "adjusting" to it is impossible. In fact, even the author has struggled to stick to the pattern. Because like I've said, it was all invented as a PR move to promote the author's shitty blog.

Believe me, I've also this pastern many times in the past and it does not work. Sorry, but its the truth. I know that interesting to do self-experiments but hacking sleep like this isn't viable. If you want a suggestion for interesting experiments you could try you could always test micro-dosing various drugs. That's a simple way to test something that may actually have new pharmaceutic benefits compared to trying to get the human body to do something that's fucking impossible. Lel
>>
>>36133990
Sorry if I'm too stubborn to take your word for it wholly, I'll consider it, but I got to go see this for myself. I'll find out in the next few weeks, anyways. Not like I can't go back on it, if it goes to shit.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.