[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what the fuck is life why is this happening this doesn't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: dogethrowup.jpg (114KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
dogethrowup.jpg
114KB, 720x960px
what the fuck is life why is this happening this doesn't make sense why am I conscious what is being alive
>>
>>36126551
i don't know anon, you just kind of get used to it.
sometimes it gets a little annoying though. you know, being alive and conscious and all that.
>>
>>36126591
i don't know, sometimes I can see life from the perspective of something that is an outsider to life and it is just so weird, like it's so weird that everyone is trapped inside of their own perspective including myself, I am not religious but sometimes I think there has to be something behind the curtain
>>
>>36126669
by that i don't mean that I can actually see from a different perspective, because it is impossible to have a perspective other than your own
>>
>>36126669
there is nothing what you are observing is the total lack of anything ad observed by an electrically motivated bag of meat. shot in the head in a gas station at 2:11 am, that feeling.
>>
>>36126669
that happens to me sometimes too. it's pretty neat actually. seeing existence for what it really is, or at least, what we perceive it to be. cool stuff.
>>
Nobody knows anon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYIAfiVGluk
>>
>>36126742
>muh total existence is just electrical impulses

Sure thats technically true but its we're talking about what it actually FEELS to be conscious, and it sure as fuck has NOTHING to do with material
The difference between material brains and ACTUALLY existing is probably the root question of philsophy
>>
Being alive is existing as a self powered flesh computer that has objectives and goals. All "meaning" in life asides from basic tasks like reproduction and surviving are just memes.
>>
>>36126844
i feel like saying life is all about reproduction and surviving is a very shallow interpretation, you don't exist to reproduce, that's just a byproduct of existing. you wither exist for no reason or for an incomprehensible reason
>>
>>36126975
either* not wither mb
>>
Life and consciousness exist for infinite reasons OP
Pick one and hope it's right
If you can't, an hero
>>
bump because i don't want my thread to die, because i myself do not want to die even though i do not know why i want to live or what living even is
>>
>>36126551
You're simply the entire universe, cursed forever to observe itself, and forced to do so through just one narrow perspective at a time.
The passage of time doesn't exist as an objective concept anywhere outside of the animal brain. It exists as a simple string of numbers, meaning that outside of consciousness, all things happen at the same time all at once.
When you are freed to leave the human mind once more, upon death, you rejoin mother, because the universe is statistically guaranteed to become advanced enough to observe itself in some form.
But because the passage of time doesn't exist outside of the human mind...

You're technically living as everybody, all at once, forever. And every animal too. But you're only ever able to see that existence through one very narrow, very broken perspective.
>>
>>36128003
*Rejoin another
(Not mother)
(As in another mind)
>>
>>36126551
I like to think we chose to live this life to gain new perspectives and become better people. If there is an afterlife I'm chilling in it forever after this and never coming back that's for sure
>>
>>36126551
Kek.
All "this" gay.

Im out soon
>>
File: Alan-Watts.jpg (1MB, 2267x1588px) Image search: [Google]
Alan-Watts.jpg
1MB, 2267x1588px
>>36128003
originaoli this
>>
>>36126551
I don't know, but the fact that someone else is wondering this at least makes me feel a little better... c:
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.