[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone ever heard of Guyana? My parents are from there. I'm

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1200px-Flag_of_Guyana.svg.png (20KB, 1200x720px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Flag_of_Guyana.svg.png
20KB, 1200x720px
Anyone ever heard of Guyana?
My parents are from there. I'm going for the first time in a few months.
>duty free cigarettes
>drinking the koolaid
>finding a qt Guyanese gril looking for American citizenship
>tfw accent wasn't Jamaican enough to pass as from Jamaica
>>
I've heard OF it, but I've never been there
>>
What exactly goes on in this country? I know almost nothing about it except for the fact that its in South America and it has a lot of Indian people for some reason.
>>
>>36126225
Rum and homophobia worse than Jamaica. There's a shit ton of Indians. We're not huge into the traditional pajeet culture.
>>
>>36126074
Fuck other countries. Just reject your heritage and become full blown American
>>
File: crusher is watching.png (51KB, 394x383px) Image search: [Google]
crusher is watching.png
51KB, 394x383px
>>36126876
>renouncing your culture and traditions for cheap American consumerism
>>
>>36126918
Not culture or heritage. The only country I know is English, I follow American ideals and customs, and have no affiliation to "muh heritage". Why bother being anything but American
>>
>>36126074
I'm guyanese but from America. Really want to go back since I haven't been in over a decade when I was really young. I have a thing for the third world environment I've been to many impoverished countries. I'd like to go back to my roots

I've heard it can be dangerous but if you're smart (go with people who know their way around) you'll be fine. Caribbean girls can be hot as fuck, so enjoy the nightlife as much as possible. All I remember from when I was young was that every house had a mini moat and bridge around it (for drainage I'm assuming) and there were insects, lizards, and stray dogs EVERYWHERE
>>
>>36127061
I've been told that its mostly dangerous for foreigners. I have the look and speak with an accent. I fucking hate insects though. I'll mostly be out in the country.
>>
>>36127168
Lizards running around in every house I went to man. Massive centipedes indoors. Don't let it deter you, just go
>>
SKUNT
K
U
N
T
>>
>>36127207
Fuck man. I hate centipedes most of all. I've been to Barbados and it was pretty clean. Thought it would be like that. None of my cousins there are around my age so I'll mostly be at the rum shop.
>>
I'm from there. Moved to the United States about 5 years ago but I still have a house back in my home country to go back to. Guyana isn't really special besides leaving near the sea walls and having the privilege to watch the sunset over the ocean and living in a good neighborhood
>>
>>36126074
Why are indians there?
>>
>>36126074
Met a Guyanan man when in France. It's an odd place. A huge percentage of the population is Indian and Hindu.
>>
>>36126074
I'm half guyanese.
My Mum says you'd have to be insane to want to go there, she's always telling me how hard it was for her to get out of that country.
She told me once that she only married my Dad (Englishman) so that she could stay here and not have to go back. :/
I don't really know how to feel about that, I feel like I only exist for that reason alone...
>>
>>36126985
>Why bother being anything but American
why do I get the feeling this quote is going to end up summarizing the 21st century
>>
>>36129611
They were brought over from India by the British in the 1800s to do manual labor (pick sugar cane)
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.