[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Anon: Would you kill 6 million to save your own life? >>me

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3505.jpg (23KB, 550x180px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3505.jpg
23KB, 550x180px
>Anon: Would you kill 6 million to save your own life?
>>me a few months ago: no, because I believe in reincarnation and wouldn't want to experience something like that [...] (something to that effect)

Those were and still are my sentiments.
>>
I would kill 6 million to save my own life and I'm suicidal.
>>
>>36122581
thanks for the update man, let us know how you feel in a few months too
>>
>>36122630
That's nice, anon.

Original
>>
>>36122581
>not putting your life about everything else.
I'd kill 6 billion people or how many people there are right now in total, I don't know the number right now only to save my ass. Rather be responsible for killing everybody than dying for nothing.
>>
Fucking idiots believing in reincarnation or afterlife makes killing people that much easier. Fucking mudskins and their 72 virgins.
>>
I'd kill 6 million people right now, without getting anything in return.

The only way to get earth to actually recover right now is to massively reduce the amount of humans on it.
>>
File: 1485925655017.png (123KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
1485925655017.png
123KB, 785x757px
>>36122581
>Anon: Would you kill 6 million to save your own life?
>No, but only if the world knows it and people build statues dedicated to me
>If no one is aware of what I do, let them all burn

Those are my current sentiments.
>>
>>36122581
Depends. If I were killing six million people defending my life, or others lives, from violence, I'd try to do it.

If it was a matter of pushing a button and killing six million completely innocent (relatively innocent anyway) people, I'd probably hit the kill self button.
>>
>>36122581
this >>36122630

wouldn't mind dying at all myself but i'd still rather have other people die instead
>>
>>36122802
>Not thinking about the feeling of being a god and a destroyer of worlds and entire universes

What a pleb.
>>
File: IMG_3506.jpg (92KB, 750x430px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3506.jpg
92KB, 750x430px
>>36122762
It's real.

Original post
>>
>>36123028
But even if something like that were to happen we wouldn't retain our memories of this life just like we don't have any memories of our previous lives. It might as well be guaranteed that we cease to exist.
>>
>>36123103
You'll still experience anything and everything that's ever happened.
>>
>>36123103
Maybe in your new life you won't be such a fuck up
>>
>>36123276
I think sentience is an intrinsic property of the universe. The empty points in the vacuum of space do not have a way to remember past events and project predictions into the future, so their experience of the universe is nothing and therefore their sentience approaches 0.

But the more a system encapsulated in an area of space can remember past events and project them onto future events, the more sentient it is.

This would suggest that there is a field of sentience in the universe, where each point in space has a "sentience degree", the degree to which it is sentient, i.e. the degree to which that point in space is physically linked via any fundamental force to mass or energy involved in the computation and future-prediction-projection of input qualia resulting in sentience

The matter and energy in my brain is all intimately interlinked, though in a complex way, with all other matter and energy in my brain and in the nervous system of my body.

The matter and energy in your brain is not interlinked with that of mine, but it is with that of yours.

I'm just rambling now

Consciousness to me is the absolute most obvious, in-your-face aspect of reality that we observe daily, yet it is incomprehensibly strange.

I get it, when you drop a rock it accelerates towards the Earth because of the force of gravity and the Earth's mass relative to the rock, and their distance.

I get it, when molecules interact in certain ways to result in certain chemical reactions due to their bonding, charges, and electron configurations, etc.

These are all deep important aspects of the universe. But compared to consciousness they are mundane details I feel. I think consciousness will be THE LAST problem we ever solve.
>>
>>36123840
Post continued:

Either:
A) Consciousness is either the most incomprehensibly amazing quality of the universe
B) Consciousness just another fundamental aspect of the universe that is not that big of a deal, an emergent quality of certain configurations of energy just like the rock falling

If it's A then this is a really strange predicament we are in. Should we be looking inwards more than outwards?

If it's B then we have to drop the "we are special" card and admit that artificial intelligence is most likely sentient since it has all the qualities we do and appears on the outside to be sentient just like us. Basic observational skills would grant us that assumption

I personally think it's B. Consciousness isn't that big of a deal and we will create artificially conscious beings at some point in time.
>>
Yep. Unless someone was watching.
>>
>>36123874
Post continued:

Furthermore, this would lead us to have to inevitably conclude that planets are sentient, and fungi are sentient too.

I don't know what it's like to be one, but there has to be sentience. Tickle plants have been shown to literally have memory of past tickle rates, and fungi have vast networks of cells below the Earth that transfer hormones between each other to regulate growth. The coral reefs, when new members have been implanted artificially, will temporarily stop the production of certain chemical by-products that are harmful to new stragglers, while they let it grow

Planets are conscious to a degree. I believe all matter is conscious. I believe computers are conscious. There is no denying this. It will be proven at some point.
>>
>>36122581
i would gladly die if it meant i could save the life of someone else desu
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.