[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When you go on a date are you supposed to be talking near constantly?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1483658015211.jpg (822KB, 670x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1483658015211.jpg
822KB, 670x1040px
When you go on a date are you supposed to be talking near constantly?
Do people find it odd if you just walk in silence with them, even if neither of you have anything to say at the moment?
>>
HELLO YES I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW TOO
>>
She's supposed to do most of the talking. When she's too quiet you gotta get her talking, but you're not supposed to be speaking most of the time.

It's kinda like playing with a kid. You're not supposed to do most of the playing, just give him company so he doesn't have to play alone.
>>
It all depends on the mood and the setting. Sometimes saying nothing can be just as effective as saying something.
>>
>>36119602
If there is silence, it means you have ran out of topics to discuss.

If that happens oddly early (for example, first dates) then it means that one of you don't click with the other. Or could be shy, but if there's a click, then the shiness will decrease.

So yes, it's really odd if you walk in silence with people, and that doesn't only apply to dates.
>>
>>36119602
I would say it depends on how close you are with the other person. If you're not friends with that person yet and you're just getting to know each other silence is not a good idea because it won't let anything happen between you two to be able to actually get to know each other. If you already know that person and have a plan for the date, the silence is not that bad, considering both are interested in the situation and enjoy each other's company.
>>
>>36119602

Early on I think that would be weird just because the purpose of early dates is to learn about each other, so you should really be trying to exchange as much information as possible to find out if it's worth pursuing further. Later on that's not so bad. I mean, when you get really late into relationships, like 30 years married late, there doesn't seem to be too much talking at all.
>>
>>36119602
Depends on if it's an awkward silence or a comfy silence.
>>
>>36119602
Rushing to fill any void (lol) isn't a good thing, she might want to contribute to the interaction but you aren't leaving any space for her to do so. Rushing to fill any silence will also indicate fear, and need for approval.

Letting silence and tension arise can be good, it allows her to contribute and invest in the interaction. Also cultivating sexual tension is a good idea.

Sometimes you just won't get along with a girl and can't build up rapport, that's okay too. If its awkward and its clear that neither of you are feeling it then just end it early instead of dragging it out. I've done this in the past with online dates.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.