[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy fuck why did i waste so many years of my life on this game

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: maxresdefault.jpg (423KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
423KB, 1920x1080px
Holy fuck why did i waste so many years of my life on this game and why am i feeling so nostalgic about it?
>>
it's truly nothing special

origgy
>>
Wizard 101 or World of Warcraft, hard to tell?
>>
File: neat.jpg (329KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
neat.jpg
329KB, 1280x960px
>tfw no night elf girlfriend
>>
File: crying feel.jpg (39KB, 640x753px) Image search: [Google]
crying feel.jpg
39KB, 640x753px
>>36112001
you probably played during WoD and think you are some kind of oldfag. this game was truly awesome, have so many unique and fun memories while playing this game that i could write a book. met a lot of great people on here too. it truly was another world

>tfw going into alterac valley for the first time and everyone is charging with their mounts
>tfw you and your roguebro sneaking into stormwind killing random noobs and vanishing when guards pursue you
>tfw you would make a throwaway ally character to talk shit to the guy who kept ganking you
>walking into the shimmering flats for the first time

>>36112116
used to fap to this shit all the time desu
>>
I bought it in 2004 or 2005 and played it for years.

I had this weird thing about wanting to start a new character when I got somewhere between 40 and 60. I never saw much 60+ content. I think the farthest I got was some early BC areas. I also never raided.
>>
I still can't get over it so here I am sitting playing a WotLK private server instead of studying for finals.
>>
>>36112284
shimmering flats at night

holy shit
>>
>Guild wars 1
>WoW
>Ragnarok Online

00s were fucking magical for MMOs
>>
Just let it go...
The Jews have dug their claws into it, it's now just a shell of its former self.
>>
>>36112573
GW1 was pretty nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XR3ckkbxzc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrFSDWx82sw
>>
File: 1471163863519.jpg (211KB, 416x380px) Image search: [Google]
1471163863519.jpg
211KB, 416x380px
>tfw resub from time to time and try multiple privates
>it's not the same
I just can't recreate the magic
I don't think I ever felt more alive than during classic+bc era
>>
>>36112649
It's because you had a goal and it was clear.
>>
>>36111983
Because it was more fun then being made fun of outside
>>
>>36112420
Hows the pop?
>>
File: coh.jpg (294KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
coh.jpg
294KB, 1920x1080px
Amazing memories from this game. I used to RP on it.
>>
It's because the things that casuals hated about WoW is what made it fun.

>Actually having to read quest logs and look at your map to figure out where to go
>no lfg so you made close connections/friends with people on your server
>world pvp that actually gave the game a permanent horde vs alliance feel
>simple to understand gear progression system that took months to complete
>Professions felt like actual professions where people had specializations so you had to actually search for people if you wanted a specific thing crafted

Feel free to add anything I'm missing
>>
>>36113176
Vast differences between Horde and Alliance including exclusive classes that made both sides feel unique.
>>
File: wc3.jpg (710KB, 732x732px) Image search: [Google]
wc3.jpg
710KB, 732x732px
>World of Reddit
True robots wasted their lives on superior Wacraft
>>
>>36111983
World pvp is fun as fuck, but it's really not that great of a game mechanically.
The best thing it had/has going for it is the faction system and the ganking you can do to newbies
>>
>>36112573
SWG too.
Its that the community is gone. The big catch for MMOS used to be exploration and connection. Explore a vast world and find stuff out, look you can play a game and other people are playing it at the same time! And you can see them and talk to them and do quests with them!

It was that early MMO wonder. Wow, I'm playing with someone else right now and they can talk to me and they're on the other side of the planet!

But then people got over that. So it became less about exploring vast settings and connecting to people and more about the addictive nature of it. It's now about competitiveness - How can I be the best, how can I reach the top? And addictiveness - I must do this every day, I must wait until this time so I can do this.

Thats why the worlds are so static, no effort in exploring the setting now, you can mostly stay one place, that's why the social aspect is pretty much gone, they're not your partners anymore but your competitors. But it's why the gameplay is less frustrating now because they want you to come back and play it every day.

It's all money really, they realised that if they make the gameplay addictive, they could get big numbers like WoW. Then the recession happened and MMOS really suffered so a lot of them had to drop the monthly fees and it became now about being free to play with a cash shop. So they had to make it MORE competitive so that people would be enticed to by the extra pay to win services.
>>
>>36113129
RP :3?
>>
>>36113176
>>36113312
Vanilla was truly the golden age of wow. As a kid I sunk so much time into wow.
I remember begging for gold for my first mount. 100g was a freaking lot in vanilla
Questing and dungeons were fun but sucked and took way to long
>>
>>36113583
If you look at some recent f2p MMOs you can really see the damage that cash shop has done to the gameplay in the games. For instance, Archeage objectively wouldve been better as a sub mmo with only cosmetic cash shop.
>>
>>36113631
I used to be blown away when I used to see high levelled people in insane armour, now its easy to get.

>>36113593
Yes. Virtue.
>>
>>36111983
For me, the 05 - 06 years of raiding bwl and naxx will always be a fond memory for me. Rushing home from high school to log in to comms and the game. I didn't have many friends in irl so i retreated to in game friends. It was my crutch and it was something I was good at.

I don't play anymore, but do get nostalgic flashbacks to that part of my life when viewing vanilla wow media.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.