[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Man, I tell you. I am so fucking depressed. I eat healthy. I

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: BearHope.png (598KB, 500x580px) Image search: [Google]
BearHope.png
598KB, 500x580px
Man, I tell you. I am so fucking depressed.

I eat healthy. I work out. I stopped drinking soda. I stopped eating candy. I stopped drinking coffee. I'm a vegetarian/vegan depending on the month. I haven't had a drop of alcohol in 5 years.

My body has been looking pretty decent in the mirror lately. Confidence levels slowly rising.

But then I go to the dentist. It's been a few years, but I have a sonicare toothbrush and I figured, hey, I have no pain or anything, I figure it's not too bad.

But then the dentist uses a tool to probe the gums. Says the tool should go down 3mm into the gums. Any more than that shows the gums are fucked up. The probe goes down 8mm in a bunch of my gums. Bleeding everywhere.

Apparently despite not feeling any pain at all and looking fine to a casual observer my gums are fucked. The dentist was saying if I don't drastically increase my level of tooth & gum care I'm going to lose all my teeth over the next 10 or 20 years.

I also have to get my teeth scrape-cleaned under the gum line which I guess is painful and they numb your whole face to do it. 'Root planing' they call it.

If it's not one thing it's another isn't it?

You try and do your best, you try and be healthy, you try to do the right things.

But there's always something that comes around and fucks you over. Something to ruin your self esteem, something to fill your mind with darkness and give you that lump in your stomach that becomes synonymous with morbid depression.
>>
>>36105937
Just floss bro and that shit will go away.
>>
>>36105937
get a second opinion before you do any major dental work.
>>
>>36106246
I've been flossing twice a day, brushing three times a day, and swishing with 3% hydrogen peroxide and antiseptic listerine every day. My gums have stopped bleeding so bad when I floss them but they still don't seem too good.

>>36106267
I'm pretty sure this dentist is legit because when I got home I flossed all my teeth really good and ended up pretty much spattering my whole bathroom sink & counter with blood.

Some stupid fucking article I read ages ago told me that Sonicare toothbrushes were almost as good as flossing, so I pretty much only flossed once every few months.

They're going to check on my gums again in a month and see if they've healed themselves at all.
>>
Dentists lie. Do not believe them.
>>
>>36106393
This. You go to ten dentists they will all tell you you need ten different (expensive) procedures
>>
>>36106344
>I'm pretty sure this dentist is legit because when I got home I flossed all my teeth really good and ended up pretty much spattering my whole bathroom sink & counter with blood.
>Some stupid fucking article I read ages ago told me that Sonicare toothbrushes were almost as good as flossing, so I pretty much only flossed once every few months.
>They're going to check on my gums again in a month and see if they've healed themselves at all.
seriously, go to another dentist. they just stuck some tool into your gumline 8mm so it's no surprise that you were bleeding.

if you don't feel any pain, see any indication of problems and you brush regularly, i find it difficult to believe that your teeth are really this fucked up. there are some shady dentists out there who know that the average person wouldn't be able to question what they tell you and they try to sell you shit you don't need by telling you horror stories about how you're going to lose your teeth (everyone's worst nightmare).

my advice is to get yourself checked out by someone else without telling them what this dentist said. if they come to the same conclusion, then you'll deal with it but if not, you'll know that it was all bullshit.

http://www.rdhmag.com/articles/print/volume-30/issue-11/columns/fabricating-periodontal-problems.html
>>
>>36105937
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Gum disease, otherwise known as periodontal disease. It's going to cost 4 fucking grand to get my gums cut open and cleaned. 20 years of smoking did this. Doesn't make me feel any better to know it's my fault.
>>
>>36106532
My dad had that done. Recovery is brutal.

You should stock your whole house with some sort of liquid food cause you're not going to eat anything solid for like a week. At least, that's how it was with my dad.

He was driven home and was still nauseous from the anesthesia and was still dribbling blood out of his mouth like 2 hours later.
>>
>>36106486
Listen to this guy anon. I had my fair share of shit dentists. A lot are borderline sociopathic looking to make as much money out of you as possible and to scold you so they can feel in charge.

Get a second opinion, third, and fourth.
>>
get a second opinion, anon. for real. i have great-looking teeth and naturally deep pits; it runs in my family.

a while back, the dentist told me my teeth were ravaged with cavalties, despite me not feeling any pain whatsoever when he'd try to pick around in the pits of my teeth. he told me i need fillings immediately. didn't set up an appointment for it. the last time i went, i went for a cleaning, and he was like "well, your cavaties aren't getting any worse, but..." but nothing, i don't have fucking cavaties.
>>
>>36106605
Shit really? I'm getting mine done over 4 weeks; i was planning on going to work the same day after each section. Fuck, guess it's #realtoughguytime now.
>>
Once told by a dentist that I had the teeth of a fighter pilot. Apparently they're really methodical in all walks of life, including brushing, etc. and this guy could spot them by looking in their mouth.

Do get a second opinion, but don't mess around if it's legit.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.