[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DUDE GO TRAVEL THE WORLD AND SEE SHIT LMAO IT LIKE COMPLETELY

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 26

DUDE GO TRAVEL THE WORLD AND SEE SHIT LMAO
IT LIKE COMPLETELY CHANGES YOU
HOL UP. GOTTA POST THIS PIC ON INSTA LOL
>>
What exactly did you expect to accomplish with this thread?
>>
>>36103803
he made fun of modern culture

go fuck yourself reddit faggot
>>
>>36103824
you sure told him blox
>>
>>36103725
who is this

filler
>>
>>36103803
He might be attempting to show that no matter where a Norman is they act the exact same. They'll just do the same thing as always, take pictures of where they are/what they're doing so others can compliment them (make sure you include your face, that's necessary). Tourism is nothing more than a sham meant to suck in the Norman's moni
>>
>>36103824
Lmao ok
Blox
>>
Don't hate on insta. I get a lot of wank material off of that. it's a good site.
>>
>>36103725
He has a point. There is this new, retarded trend of millennial faggots traveling the world on their parents credit cards and their part time job, barista money. Which is fine and all if they weren't such autistic fuckwits about it. Being an immigrant, I see this shit all the time. Changing your physical location with respect to the earth doesn't make you any less of an uncultured idiot. It just means that your stupidity has reached international levels. I've traveled my whole life. (Most times not by choice). It's fucking sickening to think that just because they spent a week in my home country, they somehow know what our struggle/culture is. Meanwhile these cucks avoid the violent areas where for instance, children have had their arms forcefully amputated and the women raped with machetes. These cucks never instagram that shit. Nope. Because it has to be all about them and their narcissistic desires.
>>
>""travel""
>just go to each country and visit the pre-determined tourist areas and never leave your hotel

what did normies mean by this
>>
I honestly see no point in travelling. I'm a home body and I just see it as a giant waste of money.
>Ooh I paid 1200$ and got to see the inside of a hotel room and bar
>>
>travel to Yurop
>get ran over by truck
>>
>>36103725
what the fuck is that elven-like creature on the right
>>
My barely-employed sister is going on a European vacation next month and I guarantee you she's not going to leave the hotel or eat anything but American fast food while posting all the monuments on facebook

Waste of money. She should instead put that money into an apartment so she can move her fat ass out of my mom's house because she's 23.
>>
I've never had an interest in travelling.

I don't understand the appeal.
>>
>>36104012
Eh. I kinda do this but that's because I've traveled to the shittiest fucking places on earth. I think I've earned the right to sit in a hotel and munch on street food. Also, I work two jobs, go to school, and own my own house. So, you're sister is a cunt. No offense to you.
>>
>>36104052
Apparently normies have a culture-meter and when you visit foreign places you get culture points and once your meter gets high enough you can get culture perks like feeling superior to every one who doesn't travel
>>
>>36104067
If you're just going to sit in a hotel and eat shitty food, you can do that for free at home; not spending hundreds of dollars "travelling"
>>
>>36103725
>going out of your way to see a tower/statue/building/landmark/etc. that you can't directly interact with and that doesn't change at all when you could get the same experience by looking at even prettier pictures of it online
Why do normies do this? How is this fun?
>>
>>36103725
We already have a nu-male thread, anon >>36101770
>>
File: 1469842716582.png (258KB, 400x293px) Image search: [Google]
1469842716582.png
258KB, 400x293px
>travel somewhere
>see poor people
>take pictures
>leave

what exactly do people hope to gain by traveling? it's not gonna change your life. It's not gonna make you a different or better person.
>>
>>36104108
Well... most of my traveling isn't by choice. Most of the time it's work related or me trying to avoid my family and "friends". I still go out and do shit but after spending 18ish years having to shit in malaria and plague infested toilets, catching malaria, I think I'm fine. I already appreciate what I have and don't spend my money on stupid shit I don't need.
>>
>>36103803
>can't enjoy anything for its own sake
>has to insert themselves everywhere or else an experience isn't "genuine" to them
>has to tell others about their lives or the experience isn't "genuine" to them
>obsessed with egocentric perception, cannot process anything that doesn't have an immediate relation to themselves
self-absorbed redditcuck detected
>>
>>36104275
What about anything he said is wrong? The trend for faggots in their twenties who travel are all of those things. Go. Enjoy the experience. But don't be a fucking cum dumpster attention whore about it.
>>
>>36103902

>Meanwhile these cucks avoid the violent areas where for instance, children have had their arms forcefully amputated and the women raped with machetes.

Do you live in Brazil or something? Where are you from?
>>
>>36104133
Their idiots. What they're looking for is to expand their worldview which is achieved by READING literature and consuming good art not by travelling.
>>
>>36104725
Part of my family lives along the Pakistan, India, Kashmir border. Another part lives south in Agra, Delhi, and Secund. Monthly terrorist attacks from the Muslims. Other part is apparently from Jakarta. Which is perhaps the most horrible fucking place on earth. That city makes Detroit look like Fargo.
>>
>>36104904
oh nice I hear the weed is really good there do you smoke??
>>
File: samhydejr.png (85KB, 242x270px)
samhydejr.png
85KB, 242x270px
>>36103725
Travelling only works if youre a chad anyway and can use easy lack of responsibility to bang a bunch of other travelling chicks.

If you're a beta and just stick to hotels/tourist areas or god forbid travel with your family then it does nothing.

Backpack/contiki tour/club or nothing
>>
>>36104904
Jakarta isn't so bad unless you're a loud and outspoken american
>>
>think travel is a meme
>decide I want to one-up these normie cucks
>save up 10k from wageslave job
>rent an apartment in Croatia for 61$ a month
>cheap food, cheap drinks, cheap everything
>after a month of vegetating, decide to go outside and run
>spent 7 months living in Croatia, purely exercising and bulking up with cheap food
>return home a truly changed man

This is what travel should really be about. Going to a place for a week isn't the same as living 8 months in a country where you know nobody and can't even speak the language, then proceed to redefine yourself in your new cocoon and emerge as some sort of autistic butterfly. I won't claim that I'm 100% different, but getting away from the environment that made me unhappy did more than anything else could. I highly recommend doing this, if you've got nobody and nothing to live for.
>>
Is he our guy?
Guy traveled the world, and realized it wasn't worth seeing
>>
File: 1491602483722.png (20KB, 474x473px) Image search: [Google]
1491602483722.png
20KB, 474x473px
Why you guys so down on traveling? It seems fun, I wish I had money to do it all the time.
Currently saving for my first trip outside of America.
>>
>>36105065
In the US, yes. But never back home. I'm not religious but it's kind of a respect thing. I rarely go back and when I do I try to preserve the old ways even if I don't believe them.
>>
>>36105126
I sit in my hotel room, eat fried rice, and watch netflix.
>>
>>36103725

It's amazing how clueless, self-absorbed, and narcissistic travel fags are.

"You should travel like I did! It's SUCH a life experience!! TOTALLY transforming!! I feel that much more cultured now that I've seen tourist shit and talked to locals who make up stories to tell me then laugh at me behind my ignorant normie back!"
>>
File: mitty_jose-580[1].jpg (27KB, 580x343px) Image search: [Google]
mitty_jose-580[1].jpg
27KB, 580x343px
Are you depressed

like dude, just travel the world

yeah, it takes thousands, but you got, right bro?
>>
>>36104012
This. I have a sibling that's nearing their 30's and spends all their money on traveling to look good on social media.

I fucking hate normies.
>>
>>36104133
>>36104120
I have lived in 2 major US cities, anon, houston and san francisco, and just got back some months ago from Norway.

I share your same opinion on traveling, but there's a few things that you can't really tell by pictures.

First and foremost, air quality. Houston is a major metropolitan city, and the air quality sucks. Combine that with the humidty and temperature and it's genuinely uncomfortable to be outside. You can't even enjoy inside without continuous air conditioning 10 out of the 12 months a year. I also suffer allergies during those 2 good months, so I'm more biased (i.e. butthurt) then I should be about that. The roads are nice here, but besides that I don't even know why I'm still living here. It's awful all the way around. But moving on.

San francisco had some good things about the small (geographical) city. There was fisherman's wharf, and farmer's market, and good food that you can pick up if you don't mind being outside. And the air is pretty nice being on the bay. Weather as well, etc. Way too fucking expensive to live there though. And the people are horrible.

Norway though... You know, before going over there I don't even remember the last time I saw the stars? There's... serenity. Quiet. It did me a world of good, honestly. It reminded me that there exists some nice things in places. You're very much alone though if you get cut off from things, be it car or phone dying. That's a pro or a con, your choice.

It's honestly hard for me to appreciate being outside, even when it's dark, because the humidity in texas is so awful. It's like you can only live life inside these bubbles, or take one bubble (car) to another bubble (other place).
But there... it felt like actually living as part of an environment, not just a series of bubbles.
I don't think I explained it well, but maybe I did. Let me know.
>>
>>36103725
taking a photo near the eiffel tower is the cringiest travel photo ever

its way past being a meme now, its like, beyond cancer too.
>>
If there is one thing travel has taught me it's that I'm the same sad sack of shit regardless of who or what I am surrounded by
>>
File: apocolypse duck.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px)
apocolypse duck.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>travel to dozens of different countries
>become extremely racist because all the non-white places are utter shitholes and the white places become more and more dogshit the more non-whites are there

only nice non-white countries I've been to are I'd say japan and south korea, and you know why they are ok? because america built those countries from the ruble up after bombing them to fuck and back
>>
File: 1489874701977.jpg (48KB, 253x229px) Image search: [Google]
1489874701977.jpg
48KB, 253x229px
>>36105364
>tfw learn more about a culture in the comfort of my own room for free by reading books than the normies that spend $1k+ to travel there

Feels good man. Glad I'm not a follower.
>>
File: karl no socializiong.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
karl no socializiong.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
>>36105220

I can unironically relate to Karl other than the having a successful career part
>>
"Traveling", as 90% of people do it, is a meme.

It just means your rich parents paid for you to be a nuisance in India for a while, so you can come back and pretend you learned something or have a personality, now.

"""study""" abroad people are probably the worst meme.
>>
Anyone else wants to travel to be isolated in nature rather than take endless selfies in a tourist hotspot? Nature is so comfy and theres a lot of countries with amazing views. That's really the only thing I would get out of it though. Normies do it for the wrong reasons.
>>
>>36105279
where do you want to go, anon?
Depending on where you go, knowing anyone there can make a world of difference.

Basic prices for america-> europe are about 1k for a roundtrip ticket (use something like kayak or sky...something. forgot the name, but go to /trv/ and look around).
Depending on season you go, i know norway tickets were like 500 for less traveled seasons and 3000 for more traveled seasons.
I was meeting up with someone so had to match their schedule, but if you're going alone, then yeah, freedom.

Just a small tip though. The cross atlantic flight is roughly, what, 13 hours? You'll probably go from Georgia to Amsterdam, or from New York to London or something like that. Bring a good book.
>>
>>36103725
At least were not bald
>>
>>36105537
>america built those countries from the ruble up after bombing them to fuck and back

Would be nice if we could rebuild our own country now. We should bomb ourselves
>>
>>36103902
Pretty /thread spot-on post, about millennial "self discovery" cancer. I get it if you're in post-Soviet Europe, and can just go to Prague or Berlin for the weekend, like taking a road trip from Houston to New Orleans.
>>
>>36105611
That's fine, but I hate nature. I'd rather go into ugly parts of foreign countries. Filipino cockfighting dens, Thai girl bars, Vietnamese street markets, where you can buy grilled lunch on a stick, with more than four legs, etc. etc.
>>
>>36105622
I haven't decided yet but Europe, Japan, and SEA are first choices.
I wouldn't know anybody there.
>>
File: dem_roads.jpg (812KB, 2080x1170px)
dem_roads.jpg
812KB, 2080x1170px
>>36105611
There's a certain beauty to nature with just a touch of civilization, in my opinion.
>>
>>36103725
guy looks like a nu-male cuck
>>
>>36105715
What northern comfiness is this? I learned to hate nature with passion, growing up in southeast Texas.
>>
>>36105733
He cooked the rice, and paid the price.
>>
>>36105611
You can find that without leaving country, assuming you're American.
>>
File: mountains_1.jpg (808KB, 2160x1215px) Image search: [Google]
mountains_1.jpg
808KB, 2160x1215px
>>36105713
/trv/ has multiple guides on Japan, and I myself wouldn't do south east asia, not that there's anything wrong with it, just... not for me.

As for Europe, do you speak any languages besides english?
I experienced a bit of culture shock when I was walking around the airport in amsterdam the first (only) time. Everyone was speaking dutch, obviously, and it donned on me that unlike the US, most people there wouldn't also speak english. I've been around people speaking multiple languages before, but I was alone, and faced with the knowledge that I couldn't communicate if I needed to kind of scared me.

That being said, the younger people in most european countries usually speak english in the city, it's the rural / older people that you may have difficulty with if you go to a country that doesn't do english first.

I hear Ireland is beautiful, that might be a good place to do a first trip. You have first world, english, and white, so it's not too different than america. Like a beginner's version, so to speak.
...I would not have done norway had I not had already known people there. Even then I felt awkward having them translate for me when needed.

>>36105529
I agree. None of the photos I took had me in them.
>>
>>36105748
I'm American but I feel like I have already seen it all. There's better things out there, like in Iceland. They have the most astonishing views in nature. The rainbow mountains of China are also incredible.
>>
File: sogge bru.jpg (892KB, 2080x1170px) Image search: [Google]
sogge bru.jpg
892KB, 2080x1170px
>>36105735
Norway, anon.
That specific part was... somewhere in central norway... I kind of forget exactly where. I could look on google maps if you really wanted to know.

Also, fellow texas bro. I feel your pain.
If you want I could dump a few pictures to show that nature can be nice?
>>
I'm going to thailand this summer. Ready to pound some jungle pussy
>>
>>36105819
>I feel like I have already seen it all
Where have you been?
>>
>>36105781
>Everyone was speaking dutch, obviously, and it donned on me that unlike the US, most people there wouldn't also speak english.
I think 90% of dutch can speak english.
>>
I would travel if I had the money and out of my over protective parents house.
>>
>>36106021
Yeah, I wouldn't doubt that. I guess I more meant that that was the moment that it hit me that -I- was the foreigner then.
>>
if i didn't have major anxiety i would travel to japan but only because i am a massive weeaboo, other than that i see travel as a meme
i just want to spend a couple weeks pretending i am living in anime
>>
File: 88787.png (116KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
88787.png
116KB, 800x600px
>>36105715
>tfw no qt to drive through this with while she holds my hand
>"oh anon...this view is amazing. but not as amazing as you."

why even live?
>>
>>36104052
I want to so i can see things i can't see in the us of a. Like castles, walk through weird European city layouts, try euro food, and generally see what they do differently there in person. Sure i can just look at pictures of this stuff online, but anyone that's ever been outside knows that it's more significant so see things in person.
>>
>>36105838
Dump em lad. I'm interested.
>>
As a North American all you learn from travelling is that other people really want to live where you live.
>>
>>36105279
There's nothing wrong with travelling, but you'll meet a lot of eighteen year old Stacy's who want to go to Sri Lanka and build an orphanage and they're insufferable cunts. You'll spot them by their elephant pants.

Get a working holiday visa for Australia.
I'm making ~1000 a week picking avocados.
>>
File: 171538.jpg (891KB, 2080x1170px) Image search: [Google]
171538.jpg
891KB, 2080x1170px
>>36106198
Sure, let me just change things because muh meta data.

>>36106365
Tell me more about this work visa thing.
What's your hours, and etc.
>>
>>36106198
>forgot that you had to post original text
>muted for 2 seconds
welp.
>>
>>36106452
>>36106545
I you wanted could you just go hike around in those woods for a day?
>>
File: geiranger fjord back.jpg (894KB, 2080x1170px) Image search: [Google]
geiranger fjord back.jpg
894KB, 2080x1170px
>>36106545
I included the name in these two so you have a good idea where these were, if you want to mark a specific place to travel or what not.

Most other ferries were roughly 10 dollars or so (w/ a car) to travel, but this one was roughly 100, but it was also about an hour as opposed to 10 min., and is 'famous' so they feel able to charge more. But, it is an hour long ferry, which is nice.

>thinking this would be the last ones I post
>found one more I want to post.
Just a couple more, then I need to be asleep 3 hours ago.
>>
File: water.jpg (1MB, 2080x1170px) Image search: [Google]
water.jpg
1MB, 2080x1170px
>>36106586
There are better areas to hike, as despite the looks those mountainish areas are still by their version of a town.

If this is geirangerfjord, I would recommend either roughly 10 miles west, at Hellesyt, or 50 miles east, at dombas. But really, given how Norway's geography is...
Their major highway is the E6. Major Highway. It's a two lane, two way road often times. Every couple of miles they have an area you can pull off on the road, and you can pretty much explore from almost any of those (if you don't mind leaving your car). I pulled over once, climbed down a ravine, and climbed up the other side because I saw a cool looking cave on the other side. I thought it would only take about 20 min. It took 2 hours or so...
>>
>>36106686
These are incredible thank you
>>
File: cradle.jpg (1MB, 2080x1170px) Image search: [Google]
cradle.jpg
1MB, 2080x1170px
>>36106224
The opposite for me. I just wish I had some more marketable skills to ease a move into another transfer.

>>36105844
One tiny thing that you should be aware of, just in case you are new to traveling, bring an adapter for your electronics. It's an easy thing to over look.

>tfw it feels like I killed the thread by spamming pictures
>>
>>36106452
It costs, I think, 400 for the application. Gives you a year to work and travel in the country. You're not supposed to work more than six months for one employer. If you want to get a second year extension, you need to do 88 days or fifteen weeks of farm work and as an American it needs to be above the tropic of Capricorn.
I'm saving up to go to Asia right now and do my second year in aus afterwards. They don't have to be consecutive.
>>
DUDE JUST STAY IN YOUR ROOM EVERY DAY AND STARE AT THE SAME COLORFUL BLIPPITY BLOOPS ON THE SCREEN LMAO
IT LIKE COMPLETELY MAKES YOU SUPERIOR AND IS THE ULTIMATE WAY OF LIVING THE LIFE
HOL UP. NEED TO MAKE A THREAD ABOUT THIS
>>
File: 1487664662466.jpg (7KB, 250x242px)
1487664662466.jpg
7KB, 250x242px
>>36106749
>tfw no qt to raise a family in the mountains of Norway with
>"oh anon...our children look so beautiful. i cant wait until they're old enough that we can go hiking as a family!"

why even live?
>>
File: hostel view.jpg (687KB, 2080x1170px) Image search: [Google]
hostel view.jpg
687KB, 2080x1170px
>>36106742
d'aww, thanks anon. I took around one or two hundred pictures because I know I'd only get a few that I enjoy enough to share.
>local friend got annoyed that I pulled over the car to take pictures of fucking everything
I can't even imagine getting used to such sights.

I mean, fug, take pic related. Hellesylt (yes there is another l i misspelled it above). This is the view from a hostel i stayed at. The owner is eastern euro, and I got a laugh when I made the accomadations in english, and my friend asked him a question in norwegian, and the guy didn't speak norwegian despite living there. But anyway. The hostel, this is the view. First night there, there was also the northern lights. Not too much, but looked like dancing green snake like lights in the sky.

I know I said it above, but it bears repeating. I can't ever imagine getting used to such beauty.
>>
>>36106794
well anon, you could go there, find a qt, marry her, and then stay there.

>>36106784
if you're content, you're content.
I'm just bothered that sometimes, despite doing exactly that, I feel like my perspective is third person for a while, and I'm just watching myself sit and stare at a screen and not move and just... eh. It feels wrong.
I mean, aside from this one singular trip I don't travel, go out, socialize or anything, but... I dunno anon. I'm not happy with the way things are, so surely something needs to change. It's just getting energy to actually do them. I still find it hard to believe I did this. Probably won't muster up the courage to do anything similar for another few years.
>>
>>36106905
There is not a single content motherfucker on this god forsaken vile piece of shit website

Not everything is relative.
>>
> fell for the traveller meme
> went to Venice because OMG you must see Venice
> possibly the least fun I've ever had
> one big tourist conveyor belt with absolutely no life
> spent one day taking pictures of old buildings before remembering how Im never going to look at the pictures again, and if I did, I could search Google
> never again
>>
File: 4245.jpg (512KB, 1544x1028px)
4245.jpg
512KB, 1544x1028px
>>36106947
>venice
are you aware of paris syndrome?
Basically certain cities are built up to be famous, and when people go to see them and they're shit, they get some sort of shock.
Certain cities went to shit thanks to factors i distill down to immigration. But becoming a tourist trap kills places as well.

>>36106938
Not really sure how to respond to that.
I'm sleepy. Hope you have a good night anon.

And to the anon who wanted pics, take a moment to look for afjord. You may enjoy seeing some pictures of that place by people who were able to do better than I.

...the milk was tasty over there, as a final side note.
>>
>>36103902
Dude, just have a cold refreshing Pepsi, and everything will be alright.
>>
>>36103725
I fucking hate tourists.
>>
>>36106819
I'm saving all of these, they're great. Makes me want to visit someday
>>
>>36107009

Luckily I live in a pretty amazing country (Scotland), and now I spend my time exploring here as I am really interested in the history anyway

Also, I've noticed that normie 'travellers' HATE having to listen to other people's stories. They simply must butt in with 'ACTUALLY that time I went to...' and it just descends into pathetic dick-waving contests. Fuck them.
>>
>>36103941
But think of all the selfies you can take. After uploading them to fb and instagram you will be the life of the internet party. You might even get a couple dozen likes.
>>
>>36103725
I hate travelling. I honestly like working and like doing the same thing every day. Normans don't get this.
>>
>>36107099
or you could be like me and post here and get mad r9k cred. pretty worth it, desu.
>>
File: 1489819042512.jpg (6KB, 250x203px)
1489819042512.jpg
6KB, 250x203px
>>36107111
>I honestly like working
GOOD BOY
>>
>>36107009
I just looked it up and I love it. Thanks anon, and good night!
>>
>>36106188
h-have you never seen a castle anon?
castles are pretty comfy desu

come to europe and try the better belgian beer
>>
>>36103725
I was blessed because my mother has always worked for an airline.

Growing up we always took trips, within the US or to a close country (usually Mexico because we're part Mexican).

Travelling before 9/11 was really great. Afterwards it got annoying, but generally, from 2001-2010 or so was still pretty great. We flew standby (we get on planes for free when there are empty seats, sometimes first class [badass]).

Now, as a man nearing 30, flying pisses me off.

>dealing without smoking for 4-8 hours at a time (all the smoking lounges are gone)
>security is never quick and something always fucks up
>flights are always full and delayed, which means if I do get on a flight, it's always a middle seat at the back of the airplane
>seats have gotten narrower and have less leg room (I'm a big guy, 4 u, both vertically and horizontally)
>parking at or near the airport has gotten fucking expensive.

I love Mexico, and I'm always glad to spend some time there, but I just hate going there, if it makes sense. I especially love spending time with my cousins because they're good, hard drinkers and we always end up having the strangest, stupidest conversations in two different languages, interchangeably.

I've been to central and south America, countless states in the US (most of the ones going to), a bit of Europe and even a bit of Asia.

The only places I would really like to spend a decent amount of time in before I die are Britain (literally for the museums), Egypt and maybe the middle east (because muh history) and finally, Japan, just because it's the most foreign place I can think of - I'm not even a weeaboo, I just think the culture is so alien, I want to go in my full, Texan dress and just walk around drunk in Shibuya, late at night. I've been to Tokyo for a connection to Guam, but all we really did was take a train and walk to the Narita shrine. I want to get lost and shitfaced. Then maybe seduce some yellow monkey grills with my southern drawl.
>>
>>36107099
Would you rather get likes by travelling or (You)s by shitposting? Think about it
>>
>>36103863
Therefore no matter where the robot is they will act the same.
>>
>>36105525
You are me. I hate this place, too and feel the same about the cold and crisp that you do. How was Norway, socially? Because every time I meet a Brit, they understand me they have a sense of humor and we banter, but with our countrymen it's like there's this awkward script that you have to annunciate in the most annoying voice possible in order to be heard. Maybe Norwegians are as refreshing as all the Brits we get here, for BP.

Third Ward, near UoH main campus, to put it in perspective.
>>
>go to europe
>get hit by jihad bus
>>
>>36107797
I feel you on the allergies, too. I used to think I was bulletproof but every weather change is a new migraine in the morning.

People, if you ever get the chance to move to Houston, as you will, since the city's exploded with yuppies doing a 2 year in engineering or IT, don't. It's truly awful.
>>
>>36105184
That's pretty cool. That's how to do it.

$5 a night hellholes and local everything, not fat American tourist scams for yuppies to feel superior over. I feel like just experiencing mountains and true cold would make me a thousand times happier.
>>
I tend to hitch-hike most for most of my travels. I lived in Istanbul for a while and decided I wanted to see some shit so I took the ferry to Yalova then hitched to Georgia, Armenia and Iran. Best two months of my life. Either slept in a tent, bivy or stayed with people that picked me. Got to see how people actually live. Can speak Turkish and Farsi now so it's great.

Have been wanting to fly to Chile for a while and do something similar. Also considering buying a bicycle and cycling round Cuba for two months. Was going to do this in November but my brother is sick so I can't.
>>
>>36103725
Normies who take photos with the Eiffel tower are fine by me. They're essentially shilling for french tourism and we frankly need it as it's a big part of our economy and the terrorism stuff put a dent in that
>>
>get to travel to Europe
>could go anywhere
>pick motherfucking Paris

I fucking despise normie tourists who squander the chances they get in life.
>>
>>36104012
>she's not going to leave the hotel or eat anything but American fast food

I live in Europe, that's all we eat too
>>
>>36105781
>None of the photos I took had me in them

Photos are for memories, so I see nothing wrong with having yourself in the photo. If you're doing it to show off then yeah you're a fag but if you're just taking pictures so you can remember what you looked like at that moment then it's fine
>>
>>36107995
Normies operate on memes

Paris is a tourism meme
>>
>>36107995
But Paris is a really cool city. Maybe I'm biased becaude I have fond memories of family trips there, but it is an amazing city. Seeing the sights, enjoying the summer sun, having a drink on a busy terrace. Then relaxing in the sweet warm evening atmosphere. It's great.
>>
i want to go on an adventure and learn about various interesting histories of countries. but im broke and wont do that until i have financial security. i dont want to go to basic places like france and italy and stay in the hotel 3/4ths of the time
>>
>>36109131
google is free to use anon
>>
what if he lives there
>>
>>36109131
What a shame, if you had wanted to go to Paris I'd have a couch for you where you could have stayed for free
But I guess our country is not good enough for you
>>
Why so salty? Travelling was one of the best experiences of my life. Hostels provide a unique environment where you can meet people from all over the world with the same desire to travel and explore.

Sure, travelling has become a meme over recent years, but it's such an abstract meme that you can't throw a blanket statement over it and say travelling sucks, unless you already hate everything to begin with.

I don't think saying you've been to all these places is to plaster one's ego in feeling "cultured", but to express a wide array of experiences. Such experiences are beyond words.

Admittedly, I initially wanted to take pictures to "fit in" and shit, and that was the biggest meme factor of it for me, but now I look back on the photos I'm glad I took them. It reminds me of a really good time in my generally shitty life.

Also it's breddy damn good travelling with an exotic accent. That alone can kill a man's virginity.
>>
People want to go to to all these locations but what I want to know is, why? They have to ask themselves, why do they desire to go such and such place?

I mean there are places I haven't been but would like to see with my own eyes, and experience, but I know the reasons and exactly why I want to go there.
And to be honest with you, I imagine it won't be as nice as I imagine it to be.
>>
>>36109165
shut up
>>36109323
why would i stay with a potential rapist?
>>
>>36109399
I'm a nice guy
Having sex with your host is just a local custom here
I'll bring you croissants in the morning
>>
traveling would be fun if i had lots of money and friends, you can't have one or the other with traveling, you have to have both or it's gonna suck.
>>
File: 1491053947937.jpg (22KB, 500x396px)
1491053947937.jpg
22KB, 500x396px
>>36107021
Have this kek
>>
britbong here. Left there on new years eve for NZ. Spent around 6 weeks there, was fucking awesome, the nature there is insane and people are friendly. Then made for Fiji, which was paradise (main island and a smaller island). From there went to singapore, Malaysia and currently in Cambodia, heading to vietnam soon. It's fun. Not even that expensive, spent around 5.5k. You guys should try it. It's not life changing like some normies might tell you, just a cool experience to get out there.
>>
>>36103725
I think the internet killed most of the wonder of travel for me. Once you look past the difference in language, we're not that radically different. If I go to Southeast Asia and stand in front of Angkor Wat, what then? I know it's incredibly old, and it's pretty, but I still can't give a shit about it. Maybe it's because I'm American and I'm used to seeing giant elaborate buildings, but the thrill is gone. The only good reason I can think of is to join a temple, or to go out somewhere innawoods in Russia. That is something completely different. Otherwise, you're just spending $1-2K for a slight variation on the same old pleasures.
>>
>>36107241
Never seen a castle. One day.

Sure I'll try some beer, but getting drunk isnt very high on my to do list.
>>
>travel
>go to generic big city that is a carbon copy of every other big city
>expecting to learn anything
>>
im saving up to go to tokyo for a couple of weeks, am i a meme?
>>
I am not going anywhere without stealing forigne curruncy from naive natives.
>>
>>36103902
France ?
i know france is shit. i will never go there.
>>
>>36110656
>we're not that radically different
Relatively subtle differences are the best though.
>>
The most I have travelled was New York then Canada.
New York is just a big city and I almost had a fight with a druggie in Canada.
I still really enjoyed it, mostly just walking alone talking to myself like an autist and seeking interesting things.
Thread posts: 129
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.