[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>open up to therapist >it's my first time opening

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

File: 1488508393078.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1488508393078.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
>open up to therapist
>it's my first time opening up to anyone outside of my mum
>completely vulnerable
>letting everything fucking out
>the divorce, the depression, the anxiety
>I get teary-eyed and start to get tears rolling down my cheek as I explain everything
>really nervous
>all I want is to have someone listen non-judgementally and share their perspective
>I finish

>silence
>she grabs a sticky note and start writing something down
>hands it to me and tells me I should buy a particular self-esteem workbook and start working through it
>"Ten Days to Self-Esteem"
>are you fucking kidding me, that's it?

>session ends and I leave feeling even more empty than I arrived

It was an awful feeling. The feeling that nobody really gives a shit about you, not even therapists. I can't speak for other people, but am sorely disappointed. I expected a little bit of empathy or anything really, but I got absolutely nothing. I don't know if I want to go back.

Sad thing is, I've received far better insight here from random anons than I could ever probably hope to get from a therapist.
>>
>>36103719
>she
>female therapists

oh my god anon are you serious right now
>>
I always wonder if it would help if I talked to a therapist. I talked to one once and realized she was just getting through her work day. >"How's your relationship with your father"
wasn't gonna tell that bitch shit
>>
>>36103719
>going to a female therapist

you got memed, never, ever do this.
>>
>>36103756

this

r u fucking kidding me op

>she
>needs a therapist way more than you ever did

you dumb cuck
>>
>>36103719

Sometimes I wonder if the mentally ill just need someone to cuddle with. Pay $x dollars a week to cuddle once a week. Probably more valuable then these useless therapists who just sit blankly and say "and how did that make you feel?" occasionally.
>>
>>36103783
>>36103771
>>36103756

I honestly had no idea. I thought female therapists would be more empathetic and compassionate. I expected the males to be more like what I experienced.

She's kind of hot and has big tits though.
>>
>>36103719
Yeah dude that fucking sucks.
>lifetime of shit
>get over it in 10 days

I wish you would've seen this coming, but fuck all. If you ever go postal, put this girl high up on your list.
>>
>>36103719
Never open up about your feelings to anyone, EVER. It's only gonna put yourself in a vulnerable position.
Better to just bottle your emotions until you kys desu.
>>
>>36103874
>more empathetic and compassionate

only towards other women, but not men

they see a man with problems/muh feefees and internally recoil in disgust
>>
>>36103719
of course i can offer no conclusive proof, but i'm finishing undergraduate and at some point will complete graduate studies and occupy that billet of therapist

being male (male) and an often resident of this board, i hope that you can imagine your experience in my presence would be wholly different than some bitch giving you a self-esteem workbook

like, what the fuck? good lord, how one could even get state- licensed handing out self-esteem workbooks?

but judging by many of my peers in studies, i know EXACTLY how/why

hope me in some years will do a fucking sight better than that; i'm also rather terrified that a large majority of my clients will not fit the image of a robot with a troubled, but salvagable mental space; instead fitting the much-loathed stereotype of the type of people finding strong identity in their mental illness
>>
Therapists are useless as fuck. Even the male ones
>>
>>36103909

this.

she finds u disgusting and wishes she cud find ur waifu and her her laid by bbc
>>
>>36103719
>divorce
>depression
>anxiety
All have happened to me. Well, I wasn't married, but living together for 5+ years carries some weight.

I'm sorry that this happened, anon.
It sucks, and it sucks even more when it's not your fault. I don't know about you, but she left me because I was "too boring." I would go to work, come home, and just feel too fucking tired to want to do anything.
She had no job, but still expected me to essentially entertain her, and... you know what? I'm glad that that's over. It's been years, and I can honestly say that. You will be able to as well, one day.

I mean, I'm still tired and I have a doctor's appointment because chances are pretty fucking high I have an auto immune condition of some type (some preliminary testing came back positive), which explains the tiredness, but I'm digressing.

Anon, you don't want to be with someone who doesn't want to be with you. You're better off without her. I don't know whether the depression is because you feel completely, utterly rejected: you shared yourself completely, body and mind, and were rejected. Or if it's because of other life issues, maybe your social circle fell apart because of this (although if you're on /r9k/ i doubt you had much of one to begin with). But you'll pull through. I don't know what stage of depression you're in, but you had a high before, and you can again. I dunno, maybe these words will strike a cord. If they even slightly do, look into occultism, actually. I'm not memeing you, /x/ was actually pretty helpful to me when I was at my low points.

>>36103783
>>36103771
>>36103756
I don't agree with /r9k/'s mindset on women, despite them being right often. But, I did psychology in school; as a rule, I don't like female psychs. On a fundamental level, your issue has to do with, ironically enough, your self acceptance and self esteem. She's actually probably right, but I don't think she'll be able to connect with you in a way that you need someone to get through to you.
>>
>opening up to anyone
pfff
>>
>>36103719
Same shit for me but with anger.
I'm just saying, letting it bottle up and never comminicating with others is great
>>
Yeah OP... You really should try and find a male therapist. I've been seeing one for years and it's really helped me. It's a huge advantage to be able to talk to someone who has at least similar views on women as you
>>
>>36103911
Lol get a load of this nerd
>>
talk to someone who wont give out scripted responses or questions
>>
File: friedrich NEETzsche.jpg (21KB, 474x528px) Image search: [Google]
friedrich NEETzsche.jpg
21KB, 474x528px
unless you're willing to pay out of the ass and force yourself into doing obvious things that you know will make your life better (which you can do without a therapist anyway) the only good psychological help you're ever going to get is after extreme anti-social behavior

you have to put yourself or others in clear and obvious danger because nobody cares about how you feel, they only care about what you do
>>
The first time seeing a therapist is all about them getting you to talk/open up.

You'll get some perspective and advice soon, but the first step is getting to let it all out. It's a process.
>>
File: 1470536325580.jpg (70KB, 652x488px) Image search: [Google]
1470536325580.jpg
70KB, 652x488px
>>36103719
Maybe if you do the book, you'll feel better, Anon.
>>
>>36103719
I know how you feel, OP.

I got diagnosed with schizophrenia 4 years ago, and after the first month of medication, they sent me to 'meditation' classes, claiming it would fix a whole slew of other problems, even though one of my symptoms is an 'unquiet mind', which makes it near impossible to keep focus on anything, let alone meditation crap.

Absolute bullshit.
>>
>>36103944
dubs of truth, best of the closest possible thing is to find a older anon with similar experiences to off concil. It's also free and you do it from your cave
>>
>>36103719
It's about time you realized that therapy is a load of shit and the only person who is going to help you, is you.
>>
Plenty of redditors but at least there are also robots in here, I feel comfy.
Friday night huh? Figures. I think I will come back in here every friday night to talk with the superior robot masterrace.
>>
>>36103719
It can take a while to find the right therapist anon
pls dont give up
>>
>>36105326
Anon, where did all the robots go? Are they dead? I just came back here after about a year and it's fucking normie central.
>>
>>36103719
Get a new therapist. This bitch sounds like fucking garbage at her job. Female therapists aren't bad in and of themselves but too many don't give a fuck about how men feel and carry their own baggage.
>>
>>36103719
idk about that one but no more mr nice guy and six pillars of self esteem are especially good also prolly don't talk to the idiot bitch that makes you feel like shit
>>
File: farm.jpg (75KB, 960x767px) Image search: [Google]
farm.jpg
75KB, 960x767px
Therapy is a meme. This is not the fault of therapists or psychiatry in general. Most people who complain of the same illnesses we have (depression, anxiety) are not really as ill as they suggest. This leads to therapy revolving around placebos (anti-depressants), "workshops" and group therapy. Why? because these treatments work for the normalfags who comprise 95% of a therapist's patients.

It's best to see a few therapists, maybe try a drug or two, then move on if it doesn't work.
>>
File: flaming pepe.jpg (9KB, 250x246px) Image search: [Google]
flaming pepe.jpg
9KB, 250x246px
FOR FUCK SAKE THERAPY IS FOR NORMAL PEOPLE
IT'S NOT FOR DEGENERATE FUCK UPS WHO HAVE BEEN FUCKED SINCE CHILDHOOD
IF YOUR LIFE COULD BE "TURNED AROUND" BY THERAPY GET THE FUCK OFF OF /R9K/ AND GO DO SOMETHING SOMEWHERE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
FUCKING NORMALFAGS
>>
>>36105398
I can imagine it's good if you find one with good perspective and can think, I suspect a lot of them (especially females) just went to college got a degree and never thought a day in their life.
>>
>>36105385
This is true.

I suggest that before you sign up with a therapist, email or call them first and see if they can help you. If not, contact another.

Having a professionally educated psychologist can be extremely valuable if you find the right one.

Also, a antidepressant drug in combination with therapy works best. A drug on it's own gives you the energy to tackle problems
but it usually cannot tackle the problems for you. Finding strategies and new ways of thinking is a big part of therapy.

Lastly, I would recommend looking into a specific type of CBT called Acceptance and commitment therapy. It's more fluffy than normal
CBT with a focus on mindfulness and philosophy, but I think it's legit as heck. The book "Get Out of Your Mind & Into Your Life" is a good read.

But if you're not into hippie Tibet monk shit or whatever, just disregard the last paragraph. Not this one, the second to last- Ah.
>>
>>36103719
nobody can save you but you.

Currently I'm so ashamed of myself that it bothers me that people can see me.
>>
File: 1489970698324.jpg (59KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
1489970698324.jpg
59KB, 655x527px
what the fuck kind of doctors are you people seeing
all the therapists i've ever met have been legitimately helpful
>>
>>36106659
Have your therapists been male(male)?
>>
>>36106687
had a male therapist when i was around 10, had 2 or 3 since then all female
>>
>>36103874
certainly not anon. they are most likely therapists solely for the sexy aesthetic aspect of it

also i would recommend a psychoanalyst rather than a normal therapist. but that's probably expensive as hell
>>
>>36103719
Therapy works. You're just not putting enough effort to make it work.
>>
>>36103719
>falling for the therapist meme

Retard, of course no one gives a shit about you. I can't believe you had to waste thousands on a therapist to find that out.

It's a dog eat dog world. If you aren't willing to pick yourself up and fight through obstacles on your own, you will stay where you are permanently. I know because I have depression myself, no one gives a flying fuck man. If they do it's because they're virtue signaling shitheads and are using you as an accessory to further their own personal gains.
>>
>Wow. I can't believe she tried to help me instead of feeling sorry for me. What a bitch.

Therapists aren't supposed to be you best friends. They are there to offer practical, clinical advice and give you an objective view of your thought patterns and behaviours.

If you are disappointed she didn't hug you and kiss you and pat your head and jerk you off, then you misunderstand the purpose of therapy.

Don't dismiss any workshops or CBT programs they give you. Take their advice. And find some actual friends to confide in.

Don't waste any therapist's time by being all chummy with them.
>>
File: IMG_8969.jpg (62KB, 579x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8969.jpg
62KB, 579x576px
>>36103719
>might start therapy soon

Is this what I have to look forward to? I just want to not be hollow anymore
>>
>>36103719
>it's my first time opening up to anyone outside of my mum
is she fuckable for me to open my dick inside her
>>
>>36106772
>is she fuckable for me to open my dick inside her
Yes.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.