[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be NEET >best and only friend within 200 miles invites

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0168.jpg (30KB, 600x630px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0168.jpg
30KB, 600x630px
>be NEET
>best and only friend within 200 miles invites me to a school (uni) drama event he's a part of
>decide to go
>have all these fantasies beforehand about going there and meeting new people and being more outgoing
>go there and see my friend
>he introduces me to three people
>"uhhh... Hi I'm anon. Nice to meet you" X 3
>sit down and watch performance
>laugh a bit
>afterwards I find my friend
>"thanks for coming anon"
>he's then mobbed by 3-7 normans who instantly divide his attention
>manage to get his notice long enough to tell him I enjoyed the performance and I'm headed out
>smile and walk away
>go to my car and start crying
>go home and keep crying
>consider suicide
Why do I even leave the house anymore. I always just come back feeling like shit
>>
>>36100761

You're autistic and think you live in a TV show.

You went to watch your friend do a show, what were you expecting? Did you think you'd go there and then after the show some university dude would appear and go "Yo, Tyler's having a huge house party! We should go there now, bring your friend too!"? Then some hot girl would be there too and she'd be all shy and like "H-Hey are you anon's friend? Are you coming to the party?". Then you'd go there and it'd be like this literal movie tier party with all the cliches going on like drunk girls everywhere and some dude's playing party games, and you'd just meld into this whole spectacle and everyone would just inexplicably love you? Then you'd see the cute girl from before and she'd look all startled and shit and you'd talk to her a few times that night, she'd obviously be dtf but you wouldn't have the balls to try anything, so you'd eventually just leave the party high on the fact a cute girl wanted to fuck you and you take her number and promise to call her. Then from this point on you'd be invited down to cool student parties and be that one guy everyone loves to see show up?

Is that what you thought OP? What were you actually expecting? You didn't even go to a social event
>>
Nobody willing to feel with me? Come on guys, I need some comfort
>>
>>36100934
No, I just didn't expect or want to be the eighth wheel. I suppose I wasn't expecting much on the social front, but it kind of hurts to see your only friend surrounded by a dozen of his.
>>
File: 1472005102488.jpg (7KB, 287x298px) Image search: [Google]
1472005102488.jpg
7KB, 287x298px
>once a week go to supermarket
>live 2 minutes from it, infact 2 seconds from a mall, so at least I don't have to walk far
>every week I go at 9pm on a thursday night
>and ever week I fantasize about meeting a qt girl at the supermarket and hitting it off, or meeting someone as i'm walking and making a friend, or that the qts who always help at the self serve will talk to me while im scanning my shit
>none of it ever happens what so ever
>figure I only fantasize about it so heavily is because it's my one chance a week to meet another human being
>>
>>36100761

I learned very quickly in life that people are basically shit. Everyone, except maybe some family members, will fuck you over in life. True love and friendships are myths.

Therefore, look at interactions with people in this world as transactions -- what can they do for you, how can you use them, how can you manipulate them, how can you screw them over before they screw you. Once you truly learn to USE people to get what you want in life--sex, money, career goals, companionship--is the moment you will begin to find contentment. Life is all about selfishly USING other people.
>>
>>36100974

But there was nothing to be an eighth wheel for was there? Your friend did a show, it ended, a bunch of his friends showed up and probably talked to him for 10 minutes. Then everyone went home.

I know what it's like to be neet seriously. You just start to have ridiculous expectations for any sort of vaguely social event you go to outside your house.

Are you sad that the entire event didn't lead to what you expected, or just that your friend has other friends? Like didyou actually sort of imagine what I described in that other post?

Because that isn't how reality works. Sorry I've been there myself.
>>
>>36100761
Or you could not let each and every social interaction you have totally swing your emotions. look forward to your next encounter and say "well that was shit, better luck next time" and believe it
>>
>>36101024

See once again this is the autism that forms inside neets. They think life is a TV show and the most mundane of outside the house events could potentially in their minds be life changing.

I honestly feel bad for you guys because I know how this feels and I know the crushing disappointment when you realise how stupid you were for overhyping a situation like that.
>>
>>36101071
No, my friend is a good person and he's been through a lot. He's a lot like me, but more extroverted, and he's struggled with depression as long as I've known him. He's not trying to fuck me over, and I want to be happy for him being successful - I really do. But it also makes me quite sad.

>>36101086
>You just start to have ridiculous expectations for any sort of vaguely social event you go to outside your house.
Yeah, I definitely do this more than I like, but believe me when I say that I didn't have any grand expectations for tonight. It just makes me feel pretty crappy to be the loser who knows no-one and has to wait in the corner while my friend gets commendations from all of his friends. And I bear him no ill-will for it. I'm happy for him, but like I said above I'm also gripped with a pretty palpable sadness when I'm faced with a situation like that which reminds me all too well of my own personal failings.
>>
>>36101102
>Or you could not let each and every social interaction you have totally swing your emotions.
That's easier said than done when I get the opportunity to be social MAYBE once a week
>>
>>36101215

I suppose I get that too, I would feel this when I was neet as well.

When you're a neet you live in your own little world, the outside, people with jobs, lives, ambitions, friends and relationships never enters your head really.

Tonight you were met with the reality of your only friend having a real life i think, and it just reminded you of all of the things you don't usually even think about. You maybe realised that while you need your friend, he doesn't really need you. He's a fully formed person, and you maybe are not.
>>
File: 1478672880016.jpg (33KB, 530x444px) Image search: [Google]
1478672880016.jpg
33KB, 530x444px
>>36101312
>Tonight you were met with the reality of your only friend having a real life i think, and it just reminded you of all of the things you don't usually even think about. You maybe realised that while you need your friend, he doesn't really need you. He's a fully formed person, and you maybe are not.
>realised that while you need your friend, he doesn't really need you.
Fuck, man. It hurts to admit it to myself but I definitely think you hit the nail on the head. Fuck.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.