[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>One chance at life >Depression >Anxiety >Motivational

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

File: 1323126173001.jpg (68KB, 294x408px) Image search: [Google]
1323126173001.jpg
68KB, 294x408px
>One chance at life
>Depression
>Anxiety
>Motivational issues
>No job, no career
>Drop out of college due to apathy towards all majors
>No friends; too lazy to make any
>Never been in a relationship at all
>No clue what would make me happy or enjoy life
>Anti-depressants haven't helped
>ECT only gave me memory issues; didn't affect my mood at all
>Therapy does nothing besides tell me to do the things I have no motivation to do (like exercise)

At this point I wish I could just go to sleep and not wake up.
>>
>>36085799
but you wrote all this shit!

(smug pepe)
>>
>>36086213
...so? What does that imply?
>>
>>36086231
you hard work, keep it up, write more threads about your miserable life.

write a diary how miserable you are.
>>
>>36085799
>ECT
tell us about ect
>>
File: 1481432340237.jpg (2KB, 104x124px) Image search: [Google]
1481432340237.jpg
2KB, 104x124px
>>36085799
>one chance at life
>born in 3rd world
>literal seriel killer chad dad
>sychophantic mom
>poorfag
>depression
>anxiety
>night terrors

and the cherry on top of the shitpie which is my life

>unironically 5'1

25 June is the day of the rope.
>>
Seemes to me like you expect drugs and therapy to work like some sort of magic.
>>
File: ect.jpg (76KB, 638x479px) Image search: [Google]
ect.jpg
76KB, 638x479px
>>36086282
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electroconvulsive_therapy

They knock you out with sleeping gas and then induce seizures in your brain to try and get it to stop making the depressed person feel depressed.

It's kind of a last-ditch effort when conventional anti-depressants have failed, as in my case.

Supposedly it can work, but I feel no different after 11 sessions, apart from retrograde amnesia.
>>
>>36086346
Are you the Anon who posted about his father killing like 3 people and telling you about it and then when people started poking fun at you you were like "Yeah whatever, it's not fun. That shit messed me up proper. Like I've got nightmares and shit"?
>>
File: 1487908478794.png (309KB, 441x459px) Image search: [Google]
1487908478794.png
309KB, 441x459px
>>36086357
Well, one would expect them to do SOMETHING helpful.

Therapy obviously requires cooperation of the person seeing the therapist, but drugs?

Drugs are supposed to change how you feel. That's the whole damn point.
>>
>>36086401
Have you tried psychedelics?
>>
>>36086346
OP here.

At least you have some excuses for the shit you're dealing with. Sounds like a seriously rough childhood.

I was born in the 1st-world to two mentally well-adjusted, loving parents that provided all the support I could ever want.

And I still ended up miserable.
>>
>>36086401

I'm just reacting to the fact you say theraphy only tells you to do things you have no motivation to do. I believe that no matter the drugs or therepheutic techniques, you gotta summon a minimum of willpower to want to change your situation. It could be as simple as just going for a walk to get out of the house.
>>
File: 1480924928428.jpg (7KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
1480924928428.jpg
7KB, 231x218px
>>36086395
holy shit yeah I should stop posting so much personal shit here
>>
>>36086429
I wouldn't have any idea how to acquire any. I've never tried any drug that wasn't prescribed through official channels.

I assume it's easy for a lot of people who just "know a guy who knows a guy", but I have zero social connections.
>>
>>36086451
Nah man it's cool. I really enjoyed reading your posts that night. You should start a blog or some shit because that shit is interesting as fuck to us 1st world sissyboys. Wish you the best either way; you seem like a good dude, anon.
>>
>>36086454
Noooo. Download ToR browser and just order it through the darkweb. Easy as fuck really (safer and cheaper as well)
>>
File: 1488929890748.jpg (27KB, 254x255px) Image search: [Google]
1488929890748.jpg
27KB, 254x255px
>>36086448

It's easy to say "just summon the willpower" without knowing what another person's mind is like.

I just don't see the point in changing because there's nothing that feels like it's worth changing for.

If there was something, *anything*, that appealed to me, then it might be different. But I don't want a wife. I don't want kids. I don't want to travel the world. I don't want a career in <Insert specific field here>. I don't want money for the sake of having money.

There's nothing driving me to change.
>>
>>36086527
I don't doubt it, but I've never messed with the darkweb before and it doesn't exactly seem intuitive to someone completely new to the whole concept of it.
>>
>>36086534

I see.

Give me one good reason for you to not go for a walk right now. I don't care about what the point of it is. Can you do it?
>>
I've been on 8 different drugs to try to make me not depressed and anxious, my doctor wants me to get ECT but I'm too scared. I'm just gonna keep living like I have for the past 10 years and hope that I can die before my mom does.
>>
>>36086534

Motivation is a useless little bitch, don't trust her for anything. You need discipline.
>>
>>36086556
"Good" is a subjective term. I don't want to go for a walk because I don't feel like going for a walk.

I tried the whole daily walking thing years and years ago when I was just starting therapy. All it did was make me feel fatigued and sweaty. I did that shit for like a month. It started, understandably, to feel like a waste of time and energy, so I stopped.
>>
>>36086590

So you can't do it? It's not about what you feel like. Can you not even walk outside your door?
>>
>>36086567
Alright, sensei, why should I become disciplined in doing things when I don't see a point in doing them in the first place?
>>
File: peepsss.png (41KB, 173x169px) Image search: [Google]
peepsss.png
41KB, 173x169px
You summed my life up bar the ECT, how do you know me so well?
>>
>>36086598
Why should I do something I don't feel like doing, especially when I already know it won't help my mood, based on prior experience?
>>
>>36086601

Do you believe that you are some special little snowflake where whats recommended for you to do wont work? Do you believe that you are in some special kind of struggle, which no one can REALLY understand? You don't have to see the point. Forget about the point and do it.
>>
>>36086601

You are entirely too comfortable in your misery.

Do you not want to NOT feel miserable?
>>
>>36086624
>like bro just stop thinking and live

jesus christ
>>
>>36086636

I'm not saying to change your life right now.

I'm asking you if you can go for a short walk.

It that unreasonable or impossible? What is stopping you?
>>
>>36086624
Hell no, I expect plenty of people to understand, like >>36086617 here.

I'm perfectly capable of working to achieve my goals. My problem is I have no goals and there doesn't feel like there are any goals that are worth working towards.
>>
>>36086647
It's only 6C outside and it's dark out. Plus my only pair of jeans has a big hold in the crotch, I have to wait until it's warm out so I can wear shorts outside and buy some new clothes.
>>
>>36086649

Do you want to NOT feel like you are doing now? There is your motivation, if you really can't do without it.
>>
>>36086634
Of course not. Hence, all the anti-depressants, therapy, ECT, etc. Those work for a lot of people and they do end up not being miserable as a result.

I'm just being honest with my thoughts; not trying to be combative for the sake of being combative.
>>
>>36086673
I hope you do, the beauty of walking outside is you can do it alone. No need for company.
>>
>>36086647
I can go for a short walk, yes.

Will I? No. I already explained why in this post:

>>36086590
>>
>>36086685

I'm just sick of seeing this woe-is-me attitude where any and all suggestions are dismissed with "I KNOW IT WONT WORK THERE IS NO POINT IN DOING ANYTHING". That is also what tells me that you haven't reached the bottom yet.
>>
>>36086704

I keep telling you to forget about the point of it. I am asking if you can go for a 5 - 10min walk, even if there is no purpose to it, and you seemingly can't. Do you not have time?
>>
>>36085799
I'm the same minus the drugs and therapy because I know they wouldn't work. I somewhat manage the anxiety by treating most people as if they're the NPCs in a game which you never interact with in the first place. I'm planning on starting a garden and raising chickens when the weather stops being shit (NE US) to see if that gives me any satisfaction. If all goes well I might do it on a larger scale for a living.
>>
>>36086709
I never claimed I was at the bottom. I was just expressing my frustrations on a Sri Lankan fresco-exchanging forum. I'm not demanding advice or suggestions either.
>>
>>36086724
Why should I forget about the point of it?
>>
>>36086790

Because I am trying to make you realize some things about yourself.
>>
Fuck, OP, I feel you. Sometimes I wonder if these "muh discipline" people are right and I just need to man up... I know I'm able to get up and start doing things, all it takes is for me to wish for it. But there's also such a strong resistance to action in me that it feels entirely impossible. I can imagine myself doing something, but it never results in my body actually moving. It's like screaming out loud "Move, hand!" and expecting your hand to move - but in reality, you need to somehow move it subconsciously.
>>
>>36086824
That I'm stubborn and lazy? I realized that a long time ago.

I appreciate what you're trying to do, however.
>>
>>36085799

>>Drop out of college due to apathy towards all majors
>>No job, no career

Maybe, just maybe if you put some effort in you wouldn't be in this situation.

Pussy.
>>
File: Ow_the_edge.jpg (63KB, 400x366px) Image search: [Google]
Ow_the_edge.jpg
63KB, 400x366px
>>36086910

Did you not see the

>Depression

before everything else?

Nah, let's just ignore that and act like a cunt instead.
>>
>>36086346
Why June 25?
That day is my birthday
>>
>>36085799
OP what are you hoping to achieve by making this thread?
>>
>>36087133
Nothing. I'm just venting.

What are you hoping to achieve by making such a comment?
>>
>>36087252
Oh alright then.
Well if my intentions are not clear enough i am seriously shocked about the level of your mental capabilities.
Anyway, what i was hoping to achieve is get the information of why you would make a thread like this. My assumption is that maybe you would be looking for advice or have some other motives, which is what i wanted to find out.
>>
>>36087353
Nope, it's just venting because I'm frustrated at myself and at life. If I had wanted advice I would have said something like "any ideas, bros?"

Not that I don't appreciate advice, but I would have been perfectly content to let this thread slide all the way off page 10 without any responses.
>>
>>36087380
Yeah, sometimes you just have to get that shit out of you.
Proper advice youve already heard on this board multiple times friend, noone could possibly tell you anything new.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.