[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else scared of what happens when you die? I really don't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 13

File: 1429392954722.jpg (9KB, 192x182px)
1429392954722.jpg
9KB, 192x182px
Anyone else scared of what happens when you die? I really don't want to disappear.
>>
>>36078530
You wouldn't be if you accepted Jesus Christ as your lord and saviour, and live your life by the example he set.
>>
File: Paul_I.png (280KB, 429x561px) Image search: [Google]
Paul_I.png
280KB, 429x561px
>>36078530
this is my biggest fear

i just try to think about how unlikely it is that there's no afterlife, shouldn't it be equally possible for there to be heaven / hell / reincarnation?
>>
>>36078530
I try to not to think about this or the concept of eternity because it gives me panic attacks.
>>36078573
The thought of living forever is just as horrifying
>>
>>36078573
Should I? Maybe he was real after all I don't know.
>>
File: 1485212713716.jpg (335KB, 484x527px) Image search: [Google]
1485212713716.jpg
335KB, 484x527px
Death fucking terrifies me

But then again its a better alternative to this shit
>>
why the fuck don't you want to disappear?
>>
>>36078530
No, because I'll be dead. You obviously won't be consciously aware that you're dead so why worry?
>>
>>36078592
That's not how probability works
>>
>>36078637
I don't want to disappear. I don't want to be gone. I've barely experienced anything in my lifespan, an there's still an infinity that'll happen without me. I want to be there for it.
>>
>>36078530
I remember being born, and remember thinking to myself while still in the womb "I'm still the same person", so I know "I" won't disappear, the essential part of me will continue on in a new body with a new life, and I will just forget who I was in this life...

Still scary shit though.
>>
>>36078652
You're not even a little scared?
>>
>>36078689
I hope this is true. But I will probably end up as an AIDs starved nigger child soldier in the next life.
>>
I dont think most people are afraid of being dead but rather the act of actually dieing.
Im more afraid of living some kind of mutilated half life.

But yea sorry anon. Try to be now not later.
>>
>>36078530

Not really

I mean its not like you're there in any way to appreciate the nothingness

one day you'll just switch off, and that's the end of it, if you're lucky you'll go quietly in your sleep

that said I personally think the entire universe is just "god" trying to experience itself through life, and that there is a disconnect between consciousness and the material, like the material element of you is merely a vessel for a piece of god's consciousness to experience itself through

Even if consciousness purely arises from the material, I would like to be buried naked without a coffin so that my biomass can be more easily reassimilated into the system, at least there's some purpose in that
>>
>>36078720
Yeah if reincarnation is real it's probably way more likely you will wind up in a horrible shitty life next time.

>tfw you managed to make a life where you had plenty of amenities shit
>>
File: 00101upset.jpg (519KB, 1281x1281px)
00101upset.jpg
519KB, 1281x1281px
>Worrying about something you have no control over
>something that is literally at the end of your life
The sooner you realize how worthless it is to worry about death the better off you will be.
>>
I wish I was immortal to everything except suicide. Then I would live until the year 3000, see what kind of technology we come up with, keep living until the human race dies out, and then kill myself when the last people die
>>
File: 1488940995577.png (36KB, 286x255px)
1488940995577.png
36KB, 286x255px
>>36078751
But what if the end of my life is tomorrow and I don't even know it.
>>
>>36078799
That doesn't change anything I said.
>>
>>36078766
You wouldn't want to float in space to a new planet once the sun explodes and destroys our solar system? What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>36078743

this

pain and suffering are far more intimidated than just being dead

its the transitory state of dying that really scares most people

being self-aware while you're dying must be pretty crazy

Imagine someone cuts your stomach open and you're just bleeding out leaning against a wall with your insides hanging out of you

no escape from that, no way to rationalize it away, you just have to accept "holy shit Im actually fucking dying, this is it"
>>
File: Ganesha.jpg (99KB, 550x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ganesha.jpg
99KB, 550x720px
>>36078720
>>36078748

I think my last life had to have been difficult and in india, or at least I was a Hindu (maybe I was some dumb hippie from america), because I was very obsessed and worried about what I was going to be born as, and was VERY relieved to realize I was a human. My "awareness" was basically holding on, sort of like trying to stay awake when you are very sleepy, until I was born and figured out what I was, then I "fell asleep" and I don't really remember anything else until I was probably around 3-4 yrs old.
And all through my childhood with my parents taking me to dumb Southern Baptist and Pentecostal churches, I sat there disagreeing with everything and having a very strong idea of what I believed instead. Nothing fully defined, but just how you should be and how "god" should be and shit like that. It wasn't until college (after I took mushrooms for the first time and saw a vision of fucking Ganesha) that I actually looked into Hinduism and realized how much it coincided with my internal beliefs.

I think it must have been a difficult life, because I am so fucking lazy now. I feel like my life is an endless vacation.

shit's fucking weird.
>>
File: CE65CFXUkAE4t9X.jpg (22KB, 575x323px)
CE65CFXUkAE4t9X.jpg
22KB, 575x323px
>he still doesn't know souls are real
>>
I'm betting all on life extention and longevity escape velocity. Also be sure to have cryonics insurence.
>>
>>36078811
You don't just float to a new planet that fast. If the sun explodes, that would be probably be thousands (more probably) of years of me floating in space with nothing but my thoughts to entertain me. not fun
>>
Disappearing is the best part of dying. That's the whole point. I can't wait.

Finally the suffering ends and it's all gone.
>>
>>36078996
I think they might be. Part of me thinks dreams are like a glimpse of the afterlife.
>>
File: 34373.jpg (21KB, 800x448px)
34373.jpg
21KB, 800x448px
Officially there are no fates worse than death. Unofficially, there is a profusion of such fates. For some people, just Iiving with the thought that they will die is a fate worse than death itself.
>>
hopefully we'll be finding out soon. ,_,
>>
>>36079224
no they're not and no you don't
>>
>>36079281
I'm pretty sure they are.
>>
>>36079513

my dreams are chaotic messes of random juxtapositions of things I experienced that day

I really hope that's not my afterlife because it'd be an almost salvia-tier nightmare to live
>>
>>36079545
Mine are like that but sometimes they are very different.
>>
>he hasn't realized that he's already died in thousands of timelines already, and that his death will only come where there are no more timelines where you continue to exist
>>
Meh, sure I am scared of death but since you and your death cannot exist at the same time its not worth worrying about it.

Also the alternative to death would be immortality which is a fate a million times worse
>>
Read Dante's Inferno, depending on how you are living your life maybe to simply disappear is a best alternative.
>>
>>36079670
>which is a fate a million times worse
What if you are always happy and you have a gf and a family and they all love you and if you start to want something more you will get it even if you want to stop getting things you just won't get them anymore and basically everything works out?
>>
>>36079667
timelines dont exist, the multiverse theory is just a wet dream for science fiction and easy movie cop outs
>>
>>36079715

that's not real

that's some fairytale reality where everyone else is also immortal

if you were immortal you would come to love people and then watch them die

you'd probably eventually give up trying to connect to people

also your perception of time would eventually make millennia feel like seconds
>>
>>36079715
Sounds great, will it still in 500 years? Or maybe a million years? I dont think our minds and especially emotions are cut for immortality, you would have to give up your humanity and thus yourself to attain it
>>
>>36079749
>>36079756
I thought you meant in an afterlife.
>>
>>36079720

>multiverse

no my friend, we're talking about an omniverse here

also I'm not really sincere in that, i only posted that thought because I thought someone else might read it and muse over it for a minute or so

but also where ur proof :^)
>>
>>36079773
Still stands, I find the idea of heaven a bit weird myself. Eternal happiness? I dont think anything but death can last for eternity
>>
>>36078530
It's the exact same as it was before you were born.

Nothingness
>>
>>36079817

>he thinks reality is simply the material based on his own perceptions formed from his extremely limited human senses
>>
>>36079817
How do I know I wasn't around before I was born? Maybe I was just chilling out in God's head.
>>
File: 1488756512224.png (17KB, 633x772px) Image search: [Google]
1488756512224.png
17KB, 633x772px
>>36078815
Is it bad that this actually sounds really nice to me? The act of dying and that feeling of "this is it" sounds extremely appealing for some reason.
Am I just on some advanced level of suicidal now or something?
>>
>>36079242

Ligotti, right?
>>
>>36078530
I'm just afraid of the dying part
>>
>>36079951
Weird its the other way around for me, you will only die once so it is an experience that no one can explain to you and its going to feel different than anything else before.
>>
If you're reading, this just remember you WILL be DEAD within the next ~80 years, guaranteed.
>>
>>36078530
It can't be worse than this.

>be born
>they chop off your dick
>ripe breeding age women
>illegal to fug
>>
>>36078573
Jesus was a bitch!
>>
>>36078530
>I really don't want to disappear.
I can't think of anything that sounds more appealing. If I wasn't such a coward I'd have caught the bus by now.
>>
>>36079930
Yep, I have that book. Fun to read if you can keep your distance from it.
>>
>>36080001
Really? There's so many ways it could happen and so many ways it could hurt, that's what gets to me.
>>
Not really worried about what happens after I die. More irritated by the fact that if I haven't experienced all the shit I wanted to experience.
>>
Don't worry, just accept lord kek and lurk on 4chan and you will be accepted into the heaven only reserved for dank memers
>>
>>36079817
Except you ended up being born or coming into existence. This would mean you are in the same predicament as before your birth, but somehow you still ended up existing. Wiggy :s
>>
>>36080251
This is something that always puzzled me. If atheists believe the Universe came from nothing and when you die you become nothing, doesn't that mean eventually you will become a Universe?
>>
>>36080289
Exactly. Its like they only consider the phenomenon of coming into existence from one side, while ignoring the very obvious fact of their current existence. How is it you appear from nothing only once in infinity and never again? Its illogical half minded thinking. Existence happened once, if i return to a state of nonexistence similar to before being conceived, what is preventing conscious existence from emerging again out of nothingness like it did the (first) time?
>>
>>36080506
This type of talk makes me realize we really don't know what we are. I'm kind of scared of death because what if you don't disappear but you face an ultimate truth, like judgement or something, and it's absolutely horrifying. Can you imagine? I desperately want to know the truth but at the same time I'm scared.
>>
>>36078530
Not really no. Just pissed off about how most of my life went.
>>
>>36080543
I kinda understand what you mean. Someone once said that the reason the words awful and awsome are similar is because the ultimate truth is both of those things.
We'll find out anyway
>>
I don't normally think about it but when I do I get scared, I can't comprehend the fact that I'm no longer an actual being, just nothingness, it's mental.
>>
File: 1487140319435.jpg (122KB, 640x533px)
1487140319435.jpg
122KB, 640x533px
>>36078530
In my last moments, I will be filled with nothing but pure rage and animosity for the terrible existence that was my life.

I will go down cursing this world.
>>
>he doesn't want to disappear
>>
>>36080707
Dont. What if the afterlife is real and those negative emotions carry over and manifest? What then? You'll be in a hell of your own creation
>>
>>36078530
Worst case scenario you get reincarnated, what do you have to worry about? I expect dying to be a moment of scared confusion, then the best sleep I've ever had. Forever. Words like that can be scary, but what, you want to live forever? That would be way worse.
>>
When your computer is destroyed it does nothing.
When your brain is destroyed it does nothing.
You'll die sooner or later anyway. No point worrying about the inevitable.

Liver forever or die trying!
>>
>>36080920
>When your computer is destroyed it does nothing.
But it eventually turns on again. Who's to say that it doesn't come back into existence? I don't know man I just can't comprehend coming into existence from nothing and then returning to nothing forever. Even birth is fucking weird, like how did I go from not existing to being who I am? Why did nothing become conscious? It's so fucking weird.
>>
>>36079909
>that feeling of "this is it" sounds extremely appealing for some reason.
Trust me it is.
Its beautiful to feel it.
>>
>>36081142
t. spooky skeleton
>>
>>36080767
>What if the afterlife is real and those negative emotions carry over and manifest?
Pollterrgeiiistt boiiii my man>>36080707
Would LOVE to weaponize his hate into a tangible force.

He gotnna tear shit up if that happens.
As would I
>>
>>36081176
No.
I followed all the necesarry steps to killmyself.

I got into a tent under a blanket with a portable generator running.

Listened to the gorillaz.

While pouring the fuel in my hands were shaking yeah.

I done my online research.
This
Is
It.

In a few minutes even.

No jumping
No swallloing
No mask
No cutting or shooting or hanging.

I just chil in this thing.
And wait.

That relief that I didnt have to do anything but wait inside with the gas.

It was so lifting I almost cryed.
I felt fear and guilt about if there is a god or anythibg.

Would it scold me?
Punish me for tresspassing or breaking and entering? Abandoning a place I was deliberately told to stay in like a grounded child

But I weighed the pain against despair and anger.

Followed through.

Fuck it.
Fuck you

Thisis it

Its over
>>
Dam.
Okay fuk u
>>
File: 1490225259713.jpg (35KB, 480x270px)
1490225259713.jpg
35KB, 480x270px
>>36078957

Just...no

originalololol
>>
>>36078957
As someone who also became delusional while taking mushrooms, I can tell you that reincarnation stuff is B.S. You sound like a retard saying stuff like that. I believed some wild stuff myself but thank God I stopped when the trip ended.

You can think of all your previous lives, but the reality is you're probably just some faggot stoner living in his mom's house wasting his life. Mushroom trips are psychological, it's in your head you're not actually talking to God.
>>
File: fhdrzrt.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
fhdrzrt.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
>>36078530
>So that's what it feels like...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt1Pwfnh5pc
>>
>>36078530
the only thing there is is life and it's shit
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.