[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anybody have a fear of doing things completely out of character,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: james.jpg (23KB, 635x473px) Image search: [Google]
james.jpg
23KB, 635x473px
Does anybody have a fear of doing things completely out of character, weird, or are symptomatic of serious mental illness?

Ever since I was a kid, I would always have this fear when I was in a school assembly that I would do something weird like scream something out, or do something stupid.

I've been ill this week and I have been abnormally angrier than usual, having a few random outbursts. It makes me question the control I have over myself - I worry about being that one weird person that is overly open, or tells strangers weird and detailed facts about themselves.

My gran had alzheimer's/dementure so I got to see her lose control of her self. Does anyone else understand this feel?
>>
>>36069744
>Does anybody have a fear of doing things completely out of character, weird, or are symptomatic of serious mental illness?

No.

But if you do, that is itself a sign of a serious mental illness.
>>
You mean kind of like l'appel du vide? Just an urge to step outside your persona and freak out for a second or two? Because yes, I know that feel bro
>>
>>36069794
Oh. What mental illness are we talking here? I've struggled with depression.

>>36069810
Yeah that kind of explains it - it is very much a mix between a fear and an URGE. From screaming in the middle of a meeting, to looking at somebody and thinking about pushing them over or something.
>>
What is the difference between l'appel du vide and doing something in the spurr of the moment? Or reckless. I guess they can make you feel alive - I cheated on an ex (dick move, never do it) and got into a completely new relationship, it completely changed my life. I also pretty much snap left my job to pursue post-graduate studies which has been both great but pretty bad at the same time. It is weird.
>>
>>36069744
Yeah and I actually have yelled out randomly before. I also struggle not to talk to myself in public.
>>
>>36070538
Have you ever been diagnosed with anything at all?
>>
>>36069794
I mean having a fear (and I guess it isn't a HUGE fear, sometimes it flares up though maybe) must be better than not being aware of this?
>>
For me its always been in high places. I get an impulse to jump and it scares me. Not suicidal either
>>
>>36069744
Sometimes I try to focus but I can't so I get frustrated with myself and end up slapping or wrapping my knuckles against my forehead or temples.

I feels normal to me but I worry that it's really autistic. Do normies every do this. I'm not sure they do.
>>
>>36069744
In school I was always afraid of doing something that would destroy the rest of my school life. Like taking off my clothes and slapping people with my dick or eating my own shit in front of people. I never did anything that extreme, but even now, whenever I'm in social situations, I sometimes get paranoid thoughts that I'll do something.
>>
>>36071890
doesn't sound too abnormal desu, maybe a lil OCD? I dunno I'm not a psychologist!
>>
>>36071992
Yes that is pretty much exactly what I'm talking about dude!

>>36071598
I also know that feeling.
>>
>>36071356
Nope, I can act very normal and don't want them to put me on meds for anything
>>
>>36074195
I hope everything works out for you mate.

My big struggle is trying to reign myself in in times of emotional distress. I can just flick into a different person and do bad shit.
>>
File: out.png (1MB, 857x1202px) Image search: [Google]
out.png
1MB, 857x1202px
>>36069744
When i got severely depressed about a year ago i almost attacked my parents, the only people I actually care about just because they had a far better youth than I ever had, when they were complaining that i sat at my computer all day and never went out except for work (I'm 23 btw), i literally hated their guts for that period, now I'm half way out of depression i now love them for not giving up on me.

My therapist said depressed males tend to blame everything on people they're close with and girls blame everything on themselves

You're probably very, very depressed.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.