[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did any of you, robots had some positive experience with antidepressants?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: an.jpg (317KB, 1800x1060px) Image search: [Google]
an.jpg
317KB, 1800x1060px
Did any of you, robots had some positive experience with antidepressants? Do they helped you with inevitable contact with society?
Im at the point where i already voluntarily gave up on distant goals like trying to find friends or even a potential gf but it would be nice if i could make a visit in grocery store without having a panic attack.
>>
>>36067059
first thing I got put on was zoloft, made me feel like a zombie for a week before I lost all inhibitions and broke into a neighbors house and stole painkillers to get fucked up. They decided ssris werent for me and put me on a routine of adderall and xanax for adhd and anxiety and I must say its pretty incredible how much more confident I am in myself after starting adderall then the xanax is the cherry on the cake so im not afraid of things the adderall doesnt help me conquer
>>
>>36067059
been on lexapro for a month and feel less anxiety but very aggressive
>>
>>36067115
Shit, Adderall + Xanax are exactly what I feel like I want to improve my life, but I'm not comfortable fucking with such heavy shit as an ongoing treatment
>>
on prozac and have been for a while, i think it helped at first but now i feel almost no emotion. i dont get any sort of joy anymore, and i still feel depressed day by day, but it may just be me and the fact that ive been taking them for a long time
>>
>>36067389
its definitely not something you want to mess with lightly, im hoping its not long term especially because I started on such a low dose to just give me that little boost to help me form new social skills and lose some fear. I dont want to be on this combo more than a few months at a time because tolerance and addiction isnt something to be triffiled with when its amps and benzos in question. For referance im on 2x 10mg adderall ir a day and 2x .5mg xanax a day
>>
prescribed invega injection,klonopin,gabapentin,lamotrigine,trazadone. I feel fine. NEET.
>>
so for me its choice between:
>mood swings, where you ocasionally are actually happy when watching anime or something but socially dysfunctional
>or being emotionless zombie but more functional in society
just fuck my shit up
>>
I'm on 40mg paroxetine + xanax in case of panic attacks. Have to say it works pretty good. Kills my libido though and it takes me half an hour to orgasm instead of half a minute, which is annoying sometimes. Also I'm more sleepy, but caffeine does the job. My daily anxiety is much lower and I can get the basic shit done, talk to strangers without sweating, be less self-conscious about what I say etc. Today I had a job interview and managed not to make a complete fool of myself.

Wouldn't recommend taking xanax daily - it's countereffective in long time treatment and man, you don't want to get addicted to this shit
>>
>>36067115
what did you tell your psychiatrist in order to get those things?
>>
>>36067059
I was on antidepressants for my entire childhood and puberty and I'm pretty sure it permanently fucked up my brain
>>
>>36067641
I assume you mean the hard drugs script not zoloft wich they hand out like candy. My psychiatrist said for me to list some symtoms of what I was feeling instead of her giving me a list and me just saying yes or no, I was first given adderall after saying I just felt generally unmotivated in life and was never really clear-headed(she really like that word for some reason and made sure to take note of it) and then we talked about maybe something for mood stabilizing and after the 2 weeks on adderall I Was having trouble sleeping and more anxiety that usual so she gave me low dose xanax to counteract the side effects of the adderall, I was started on 10mg add/.5mg xanax once a day at first but they doubled that for a week and it seemed to be the sweet spot
>>
>>36067653
The will indeed do that, im against giving those intense mind altering drugs to people with still growing brains, even 18 year olds I dont think I would be comfortable giving an ssri or maoi, shit does crazy stuff to your neurochemistry permenately because they expect you to be on the drug for life, so without it your brain doesnt know what to do because even though you might not be physically dependant its an essential part of your brain at this point
>>
I'm not trying to be rude but cannabis and shrooms bought on alpha bay or something would probably better help you correct and get over your perspective better.

I've taken most of the current anti-depressants and SSRIs on the market. They're really, really bad compared to some of the more extreme natural alternatives.

Alternatively try to excercise and eat healthy before using any pharmaceuticals. They're a crutch and last resort at best.
>>
>>36067653
Me too bro, me too.

It was my moms and environment, not my own mind that was messed up.
>>
>>36067402
Some ssris took away all my emotion and made me neutral...

I'd rather have bad emotions at that point.

Ssris are really bad unless you're suicidal/past all hope.
>>
>>36067801
im too retarded to find someone selling this stuff in my country and even more so close to me
the only person that ever sold me weed is unironically in prison (for different reasons obviously)
>>
>>36067891
Then excercise and eat healthy, it's a start.

Your brain will adapt and build on itself and over time slight socialization and the health thing will come easy.

Your brain can adapt to anything prettty fast.
>>
>>36067880
>Ssris are really bad unless you're suicidal/past all hope.
fuck
the thing is, despite having a shitty life and 0 friends i never really had suicidal thoughts, i figured i would be content with watching anime and finding some job in future in order to wagecuck myself for the rest of life but its really fucking hard when you can barely go to city with having thoughts that people stare at me all the time
>>
>>36067932
You gotta get over that and be more confident. What does it matter anyway.

Do you the best as you can and if you have confidence in yourself there's nothing to doubt.

You're just another reflection in this world bro, there's nothing wrong.
>>
I've been on Wellbutrin and Mirtazipine (for sleeping), they're okay. The biggest change you will see will come from fixing your sleep schedule, diet, and exercising, not pills. I don't have severe depression or anxiety, I just get into slumps where I feel stuck for months at a time (for no good reason, my life is great). The Wellbutrin sorta gives me initiative, not really sure how else to put it. It's not a stimulant buzz or anything like that, it just makes me feel a little more active (mentally). It does diminish my sex drive a bit, but not to the same degree mirtazapine does, which I was rxed PRN for sleep. It's a fantastic sleeping pill though, non controlled so easy to get and it fucking flattens me. Asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow like 1 hr after taking it. No grogginess the next day but I won't feel like jerking off either.
>>
dont take antidepresants
people who say they help are shills
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.