[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >mature university student >have been estranged

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: download.png (8KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
8KB, 205x246px
>be me
>mature university student
>have been estranged from my abusive parents for a long time so I live alone in student accommodation
>money has been tight lately, been looking for a job lately to no avail
>officially ran out of money last week
>have been living off of boiled pasta and rice for the last few days
>found one of those loyalty stamp cards for a burrito place down the street that needed 4 more stamps
>managed to successfully draw in the 4 remaining stamps with a black pen and score a free meal
>just stole a can of beans from a supermarket
>they cost 35p and I still didn't have enough to pay for them
>the pasta and rice is running low
>still not seeing any money for another 18 days

I've hit a real low point and I don't know what to do.
Any ideas on how I can make some money? Never thought I'd be reduced to stealing can of beans to survive.
>>
>>36066816
Aren't there any food banks or like homeless food serving places you could go to
>>
>>36066847
We don't really have soup kitchens or anything like that in the UK, at least not in the minor cities.
We do have 'food banks', but you can only use those if you have a ticket from somebody working within the social services sector or similar. I know because I had to use one last year. Bretty humiliating.
>>
I just realised my bread went off yesterday. Well fuck. Fuck. This really sucks.
>>
>>36066816
The best advice I can give you is to sell your body as much as possible
>>
>>36066878
Ok, so stop being such a self--conscious faggot and make your life easier
I use food banks too and don't give a shit, do what you gotta do
>>
File: 1472992051332.jpg (194KB, 636x615px) Image search: [Google]
1472992051332.jpg
194KB, 636x615px
>>36066816
>this is life under capitalism
>>
>>36066997
I don't think you get what I was saying. It's not that I refuse to use food banks, it's that I CAN'T use a food bank. I can't get a ticket from the social services sector because I'm not classed as a vulnerable because I'm at university and presently have running water, warmth and shelter etc.
>>
>>36066816
>soup kitchen
>lots of water
>condiments sandwich

i mean, you have options

Here, try this thread;
>>8769348

Seems to be just what you need to read so you know you're not alone
>>
>>36067022
>>>/ck/8769348

Oh shit, I cant link it? That's lame. If this one doesnt work just look for a poor food thread on /ck/, OP. It's a good read for you.
>>
>>36067022
There aren't any soup kitchens where I live. I'm in the UK in a small town.
>>
>>36066938
>my bread went off yesterday.
Those dates are mostly recomendations anon, unless you can see it is gone bad, one day is probably ok.
>>
Can't u just eat grass or tree bark?
>>
>>36067051
You gotta suck up your pride at some point. Get that ticket or ask a friend for money/food and say you'll pay em back. Cmon man.
>>
You're in the UK, go to those rich arabs and sell your boipussi. They love it
>>
>>36066816
>mature university student
>cant support himself
>lives off welfare and student loans
maybe you shouldnt be in school and should spend more time looking for a job? construction, or military may be a good start

>>36067011
the guy literally provides nothing to society other than being in debt, food isnt a right
>>
>>36067081
Look man, idk where you live but it doesn't work like that in the UK. There is no office I can just walk into and say "I'm a vulnerable adult gib ticket". You need to be referred in the first place by another service, usually a shelter or your local council, something that can take weeks, and then you need to be assigned a case worker and have your situation assessed, something that can again take weeks.

>ask a friend
Do you think I'd be on /r9k/ if I had friends.
>>
>>36066816
Steal more food just run if u get caught
>>
>>36067126
Sell some shit. You got vidya?
>>
>>36067162
Nope, no consoles. Only commodities I own are my laptop and my phone, and collectively I doubt they're even worth 80 GBP they're that old.
>>
>>36067213
So? That's 80gbp worth of food
>>
>>36067268
And I need both for university. Without my laptop I will LITERALLY fail my degree since it's partially based around computing.
>>
>>36066816
That sucks OP. German student here, I don't even have to pay student loans but I'm working two jobs nonetheless. German diligence I guess. Go search for jobs right away, you need a reliable source of income. How about tutoring pupils? Those agencies are always searching and are very happy if somebody approaches them (that's how I got one of my jobs). You think you might know an agency nearby?
>>
>>36067334
Got a chair, a microwave, a bedside table? Sell that shit on the internet. Even if you only get five or ten bucks from a piece of furniture you can make it last for a few days.
>>
>>36067619
No, nothing like that. The student accommodation I live in is fully furnished so everything belongs to the accommodation. I own virtually nothing of value, not even a car.
>>
File: 1469033154931.png (183KB, 386x406px) Image search: [Google]
1469033154931.png
183KB, 386x406px
Why not just get a loan?
>>
>>36068076
From who?

Oregano.
>>
>>36067020
You won't die even if you don't eat for 18 day. Manage your cash better and it won't happen faggot
>>
>>36066816
You need to keep faith, maintain hope something charity something something something...

or tap into that self determination that you used so well to put yourself into uni and put a roof over your head. Don't come with that bs here... rice and pasta!?

That's just decadent.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.