[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>25 >still in college for a liberal arts degree >no

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: 1442516270360[1].jpg (1003KB, 4500x4334px) Image search: [Google]
1442516270360[1].jpg
1003KB, 4500x4334px
>25
>still in college for a liberal arts degree
>no job, no gf, no savings
>less than 5 irl friends

Is it over for me?
>>
nah i think your good anon
>>
>>36058404
It's not over by a longshot, you've just made things a bit more difficult for yourself. Quick question, if you knew a liberal arts degree was a useless piece of paper, why did you stay in school all that time?
>>
>>36058404
What kind of liberal arts degree?
>>
File: XS2sr03l.jpg (41KB, 640x559px) Image search: [Google]
XS2sr03l.jpg
41KB, 640x559px
>>36058404
>25
>finally about to graduate with stem degree
>trying to line up jobs, not getting call backs
>peers are getting jobs
>at the very least as smart as half of them
>get anxiety at behavioral parts, probably why
>about to graduate with no job

I wish they would just be nice enough to tell me why, 3 rounds of interviews and an on site, and they give it to the people who opted for a skype interview while I drove 3 hours to see them instead. I don't understand why, I did very well on the technical side. I'm not completely awkward either.
>>
>>36058484
>>36058506
>Quick question, if you knew a liberal arts degree was a useless piece of paper, why did you stay in school all that time?
It's the only thing I'm barely interested in (Philosophy).
I tried majoring in Computer Science straight out of high school and it was just soul crushing. Wageslaved for a few years and got back to college at 24
>>
>>36058534
I don't believe that it is unprofessional to ask why you didn't get the job and what you might do in the future to interview better.

>>36058564
Dude PHILOSOPHY?!?!?! That's fucking retarded for actual work. Im a senior in college too about to graduate. You can only teach or maybe go into law? Where do philosophers work usually?
>>
File: 1474211919097.jpg (85KB, 1387x702px) Image search: [Google]
1474211919097.jpg
85KB, 1387x702px
>>36058404

>23
>still in college for a liberal arts degree
>no job, no gf, no savings
>0 friends

brother...I...
>>
>>36058564
>>36058582
Liberal arts degree student here. Yeah, your best bet for a liberal arts degree is to go into education, so I hope you like teaching.
>>
>>36058582
>Where do philosophers work usually?
It's either law school, education or research (phd required).
I feel more inclined to the latter but I just know I'll have to find another job sooner or later
>>
Alright for everyone in college right now: If you will not make enough money with the degree you will have to pay THOUSANDS for don't fucking do it. Find a field you semi-enjoy or are good at
>supposed to be doctor
>way to fucking dumb
>good at math but hate math
>switch to Finance
>discover tons of different fields that I actually like
>Was depressed now very happy
>>
>>36058605
what do you study, anon?
origami
>>
File: IMG_1494.jpg (90KB, 606x367px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1494.jpg
90KB, 606x367px
>19
>still in college
>no job, no bf, no savings
>less than 1 irl friend
>Izumi shion had an unjust death before he could fight the 100 pt aliens because a bunch of faggy vamps ganged up on him, and he never even got to use his ultra-powerful weapon

It was over before it began
>>
>>36058677
Then don't stress! We are in our early twenties. There is time to find a job so long as you are proactive and not a lazy ass. Be sure if you get your Phd that the money is worth the investment in the doctorate degree. The future doesn't have to be bleak
>>
>>36058689
want to do marketing but there's no money in it. too much of a brainlet to do finance. so what now?
>>
File: IMG_1012.png (73KB, 873x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1012.png
73KB, 873x700px
>>36058698

philosophy (lmao)

The only thing I'm really interested in is classical history. But with a degree in classics I'd probably wind up a teacher or unemployed. I guess maybe if I got lucky I could get a comfy job at a museum or something? I'm thinking about dropping out honestly, I'm just kind of afraid because that means I've wasted about 5 years going to school and I don't know where to go from here.
>>
It doesn't feel any better if you are doing a degree that is worth something.

I'm 21, 3rd year Accounting Major, no friends, no gf, looking at a career working seventy hours a week filing taxes during the spring with nothing to spend my money on
>>
>>36058729
That tough. In my school Finance and econ have math. Business students who cannot do math do marketing or communications.

Have you considered communications? Your degree doesn't mean you have to go into that field either.

Does your school offer any data analysis degrees? That is an area where they are starving for new employees
>>
>>36058729
OH! I totally forgot about management too! That's an amazing business degree for someone who doesn't like math
>>
>>36058766
I mean, philosophy doesn't give you a lot of options either, right? kek
have you thought about studying classical history in graduate school?
>>
>>36058766
I've always been apprehensive about jobs that need to go into one or two different fields. I worked in a coffee shop at the age of 16 with a 26 y/o woman with a masters in paleontology... She quit to work at Starbucks a year later. This was 7 years ago.

Also from a financial standpoint you should not quick school after paying for 5 years of it. You needed an asshole in your life to tell you philosophy is usually a horrible idea
>>
File: 1491418770206.jpg (63KB, 600x491px) Image search: [Google]
1491418770206.jpg
63KB, 600x491px
>21 bulged disc
>getting de rotational surgery of femurs will be out for 7 months.
>about to enroll for school
>accounting but bad at math
>>
>finish law and economics degree
>realize I hate both
>don't even remember anything I studied beyond last year

whoops
>>
>>36058404
>28
>community college barely A.S. in math
>shit job but I get a desk and no one tells me what to do
>haven't had a gf in 8 years and would probably fuck a tranny just to get over this drought at this point
>maybe like $1000 in my bank account if that which might as well be nothing but on the plus side I buy alot of bullshit I don't need
>haven't had a "friend" in about 9 or 10 years

am I still pretty bros?
>>
>>36058404
>recently turned 21
>finishing Bachelor's in Math
>Starting my PhD in Math this fall at age 21
>I can't mentally do anything but math
>literally everything can be explained mathematically
>want to kill myself
>only reason I won't is because I wouldn't be able to read more math

I was diagnosed with a neurological disorder last year as well. I have been neglecting talking to a doctor about medicine and I think I am going insane. I should probably talk to my doctor.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1491380896956.jpg (13KB, 326x454px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1491380896956.jpg
13KB, 326x454px
>>36061173
What's the disorder?

>tfw studying finance and realising how hamstrung I am by not being proficient at maths, keep fucking up basic formulae in exams just because I'm shit at algebra
>tfw I actually enjoy maths I'm just so average at it
>tfw there's no possible way I can work while studying at the same time so I just have to live at home to ward off having another panic attack
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.