[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /sleep deprivation/ here? Currently at 105 hours. I wasn't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

File: .png (245KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
.png
245KB, 512x288px
Who /sleep deprivation/ here? Currently at 105 hours. I wasn't sure when I would go to sleep until I saw
>but after 100 hours (4 days) only constant prodding from an experimenter will keep people from dozing off.
>Only a handful of people have remained awake over 200 hours (8 days)
You can take your "constant prodding" and shove it, just who the hell do you think I am? 95 hours left, no sweat.
>>
File: 1488802927914.jpg (8KB, 359x503px) Image search: [Google]
1488802927914.jpg
8KB, 359x503px
>>36052684
You know, if you want to fry your brain, there are faster ways...
>>
>>36052758
>implying there are any effects that persist after sleeping
>>
>>36053772
hello there, mentally challenged individual
>>
>>36054360
>Everything is fine after a recovery sleep even for above 200
But mum told you it was dangerous.
>>
>>36052684
go to sleep you retarded tweeker
>>
>>36052684
it doesn't count unless you record the whole thing
>>
>>36055470
Not trying to claim recognition, just want to do it.

Everything started feeling really vague an hour ago, I felt like I could fall asleep at any moment. Everything is still vague as fuck and nothing I do seems to fix it so I guess this is the state I'll have to be in for this stage.

I haven't even had a real visual hallucination yet just shitty illusions.
>>
>>36052684
I couldn't do that. After 24 hours, I'd start imagine cockroaches climbing all over my arms and into my ears.
>>
>>36055741
I have complete faith in my mind to not fuck with me. So far all I've gotten are phantom blowjobs and random noises, and I've had intrusive thoughts give my subconscious "ideas" but I trust my it completely.

My hand eye coordination is better than while rested, proof of my subconscious' benevolence
>>
>>36055793
Good job, the first stage of brain destruction has started. Hope to see you in a wheelchair soon faggot.
>>
>>36055845
>This is what cannon fodder actually believes
>>
>>36055880
Welp, if you start to see and feel random hallucinations, clearly something is wrong with you. And a simple google search would be more than sufficient to prove the irreversible effects of lack of sleep for an extended periods of time.
But hey, maybe your voodoo magic will prevent your brain from turning into a muddy smoothie after you had the """bright""" idea of staying up for 9 days...
>>
>>36055944
It's called your brain making compromises to continue running, dumbass. You think i'm so weak that I'd be incoherent enough to believe your nonsense?
>>
>>36056093
I don't think that you're weak, but that you're stupid if you think your consciousness or beliefs would have any impact on how your brain works on a physiological level.
No matter how tough you think your psyche is, it will not protect your brain from the physical trauma of not having any sleep.
Plus, what you say already makes no fucking sense.
> You think i'm so weak that I'd be incoherent enough to believe your nonsense?
Makes no fucking sense under the sun. but you probably won't believe me, wrapped in your cape of smug and bullshit, tumbling down the pit of retardation, leaving traces of incoherence on the walls as you scrape the walls of insanity.
>>
>>36056230
So what you're saying is I imagined reading various places telling of people that have stayed up for 100-2xx hours and been completely fine after recovery sleep?

And is it going to put me in a wheelchair or make me insane? Make up your mind.
>>
File: 1457728251127.jpg (25KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
1457728251127.jpg
25KB, 480x320px
The ultimate fucking high was sleep deprived while taking beta blockers and have a high blood sugar level.

Then taking melatonin before going to bed. You will see the most beautiful and horrific things your mind can create.
>>
>>36056310
What I'm telling you is that people have died from staying up for more than 200 hours, and that even though it's not a 100% certainty, there's a pretty good chance it'll leave some irreversible damage.
And given that said lack of sleep has severely impaired your ability to comprehend the english language, let me explicitly tell you that it will not put you in a wheelchair of course, as my comment was supposed to be taken in a sarcastic and hyperbolic manner. However, there are pretty good chances that sleep deprivation will cause serious damage to parts of your brain of a physiological level, including the prefrontal cortex, leaving you with permanent hallucinations/mood swings/personality disorders.
If you only need one example:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Tripp
But there are more than meets the eye.
But for all I care...I just came here for the banter.
>>
>>36056506
Well I can't be fucked researching, but was has there even been enough sleep deprivation tests to sufficiently determine whether correlation does in fact equal causation instead of him and any other possible candidates simply being inferior twats predisposed to weakness?
>>
>>36056713
There are. Multiple cases, ranging from strokes, permanent hallucinations, permanent insomnia, psychosis, dementia and weight loss.
Quite a lot of cases are found due to a disease caused Fatal Familial Insomnia which prevents sleep in some people, and although it is rare, the result is always death.
Aside from that, sleep deprivation is known to vastly increase the risk of heart failure, which is the main cause of death, and let me be precise: I'm not talking about lack of sleep over a prolonged period of time, but from a lack of sleep for a prolonged period on time on fairly healthy individuals.
But hey, at least that's an interesting way to an hero...
>>
>>36056839
Honestly then I'd deserve it for being so weak that I couldn't even stay up without dying.

But I've always been a cut above the rest, reason to doubt myself now.
>>
>>36056971
It has nothing to do with being "weak" or "strong", as past ~72 hours, chances of heart failures try to creep up, and it's pretty much a gamble to guess if there will be any lasting effect, although it does seem that using some drugs/stimulants increase chances of lasting effects.
>>
>>36057036
It has everything to do with being weak or strong. Or to be more specific having weak or strong genes.
>>
File: 1481269832056.gif (169KB, 390x290px) Image search: [Google]
1481269832056.gif
169KB, 390x290px
I styed up 40 hours once to do school work and that was way too much for me
good luck and be safe anon!
>>
>>36052684
Keep us posted OP, I want to hear from you at 200 hours bruh
>>
File: energy.png (210KB, 485x455px) Image search: [Google]
energy.png
210KB, 485x455px
>>36052684
YOU CAN DO IT ANON
TAKE MY ENERGY
>>
File: give-energy-to-goku.gif (484KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
give-energy-to-goku.gif
484KB, 320x240px
>>36052684
EVERYONE GIVE HIM YOUR ENERGY
>>
>>36052684
Are you drinking coffee or anything?
>>
>>36052684
I've been going to sleep at 3-4am, and invariably wake up 5 hours later. And I don't sleep the night before Saturday because I'm lazy and finish everything for school that night.
After a point it stops hurting. I think I'm addicted.
>>
>>36056839
>vastly increase the risk of heart failure
niggers
I'm really fucking scared of this
when I pull an all-nighter, my heart pounds like a blacksmith
>>
>>36052684
Why hasn't science given us ways to safely extend wakefulness? Imagine how much stuff you could do if you only needed to sleep once a week. Productivity would skyrocket!
>>
>>36059358
Usually 24 hours is not enough. You'll have to get into 48-72 hours before you start to have any remarkable correlation.
just stop drinking too much coffee/sip m8
>>
>>36059441
I never drink coffee, dude. But I've been doing this for months now: sleeping badly, then getting used to thinking that 5 hours is a full night.
Sometimes I don't get that repairing 12h sleep after an all-nighter and instead sleep 4 to 5 hours, and at this point it feels really wrong in my chest.
>>
>>36059471
Do you smoke? Pretty sure that fucks with heart rate.
>>
>>36059471
You mean your chest hurts when you wake up, or all around thorough the day?
>>
>>36059411
Jesus Christ don't give shekelstein any ideas
>>
>>36055793
>I have complete faith in my mind to not fuck with me.
>Proceeds to describe different hallucinations, one of them literally being oral sex.

The funny thing is, we are all a hallucination too. Go to sleep.
>>
>>36059494
Not regularly. I have smoked, and currently smoke once per month maybe.
>>36059498
I mean my heart beats like I'm about to give the most important speech in my life, but the whole day. Very strongly, and sometimes I feel a little pang.
>>
>>36059625
Hmmm. if it was only in the morning, I could have said it was the result of low blood pressure, but you probably should go see a doctor, just to make sure. Getting important medical advice on 4chan is a bad idea already, you probably shouldn't add insult to injury by ignoring it.
>>
>>36055793
>My hand eye coordination is better than while rested, proof of my subconscious' benevolence
I present my hypothesis. In nature, the only reason why you wouldn't sleep is that you're being chased by a predator. Therefore, your brain pumps you full of adrenaline to fight it or flee.But such a state has to have negative consequences.
>>
>>36059655
well, I know it's just lack of sleep simply because it goes away with sleep. I doubt the doctor will say anything different.
>>
>>36059705
Then sleep more. Trying to force yourself into sleeping less simply doesn't work, as sad as it is. I know it from experience. Ald you'll also have more energy during the day if you have a healthy sleep schedule.
>>
>>36059735
I know that, the original point was to confirm from personal experience that the heart suffers a lot with this shit.
>>
File: 100million.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
100million.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>oh shit i might sleep only 6 hours today again
>wake up after 4 hours

just fuck my shit completely up

and i have uni soon
>>
>>36052684
Get up suddenly. Post results.
>>
>>36059985
What sorta results are you expecting?
>>
I did 62 hours a couple of days ago just to see what it was like, was going to do 72 but it wasn't very enjoyable so i stopped.

I couldn't focus properly on anything so i couldn't kill time by watching a movie or tv show, i didn't really have anything to do all night.
>>
Longest I've gone is about 72 hours. Did a few Chem labs and broke a vial full of acid, oops.
>>
My longest is about three days. I was traveling down from UK to Europe and ended up staying awake the previous night since I figured I would just sleep in the car, that ended up not being a wise decision considering I couldn't relax at all so ended up staying awake another day. Things began to get pretty blurry towards the end of day three.

Would definitely like to do it again the only thing is how to stop myself from getting bored and falling asleep. I'm going to plan to stay up all weekend to try and beat my personal best.
>>
And a question to OP, how are you keeping yourself entertained and stopping yourself getting bored, any good tips?
>>
>>36052684

Statistics are no match for relentless meth heads.

I've seen guys up for two weeks, they're so fucking cooked.
>>
Currently at 78 hours which is a new record for me. I literally feel like I'm dying, and am counting the hours until I can finally go to bed. I planned on going 24 hours because I work 3rd shift and am in college now so I had to finish a project then go to my job. Then the next day I have class until 5:30 and work at 11, and didn't want to risk oversleeping so I just made it 48 hours. Then a project I entirely forgot about meant I had to work on that from the time I got off work til my two classes, then finally finished it up at like 8 pm. Again I had work at 11 and didn't want to risk oversleeping so I just stayed up. It's 5:30 AM now on Thursday and I last woke up at 10:30 PM on Monday. I have class again until 5:30 PM so that means no sleep again tonight (if I oversleep I'll lose my job and I'd literally be homeless in 2 months if I didn't find another job, so I'm not gonna risk any naps, I'm already a crazy heavy sleeper). My last class tomorrow is at 1:50 PM, plus a 15 minute walk home, so we'll just call it 2:10 PM on Friday is the next time I'll get to sleep. All told it's gonna be 109 hours without sleep. My old record was only like 65 hours. I just want to sleep so bad.
>>
>>36062342

No lie, the ones I lived next to had the cleanest apartment I've ever seen though. So I guess there's that. Probably doesn't make up for being a husk of a human been constantly in fight or flight levels of stimulation and psychological terror.
>>
>>36062594

Lol I tried going to work (cleaning) on meth and it just made me scattered and generally demotivated.

Didn't do the work and got fired shortly thereafter. Good times. Now I'm on welfare.
>>
Keep us posted on the shadow people in your peripheral though OP.
That's easily my favorite part of the whole thing.
I'm just too lazy to keep a healthy sleep schedule even if I have to work so I do this shit for fun too.
Drugs are gay, guys, just stop sleeping instead; you get more done AND it's way cheaper to buy caffeine or just wing it.
>>
>>36063171
>shadow people
I only get ghots
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.