[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Maybe we should just give up on happiness? Just accept our miserable

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1489396754443.png (9KB, 404x399px) Image search: [Google]
1489396754443.png
9KB, 404x399px
Maybe we should just give up on happiness? Just accept our miserable and meaningless lives and stop trying? We are not meant to be happy.
Just stop feeling anything, die inside on purpose. Isn't it the life we deserve? If you suffer long enough, you get used to it, it becomes a norm.
Any advice how to finally reach this state of mind?
>>
File: 354.jpg (36KB, 680x684px) Image search: [Google]
354.jpg
36KB, 680x684px
>>36049729
I asked my friend a similar question. Her advice to me is that each time you start to care about someone, to any degree, be they a beggar or your romantic partner, stop yourself. Tell yourself that they will only hurt you. Just make yourself cold and unfeeling. Avoid music, as it may elicit strong emotions.
>>
>>36049729
It's been the norm for me for so long that I can't even tell you how I got here.
>>
>>36049887
Does alcohol help you?
>>
>>36049729
>if you suffer long enough you get used to it
while this may be true for some, choosing to give up only brings more suffering! The way I see it is I've made it this far so I need to keep going forward because the pain of giving up will be worse. It is a painful choice and there are only those two choices.
>>
You can ignore life but you can.t ignore the consequences that come with ignoring life.
>>
>>36049959
It looks like you've achieved something. And I've got nothing at this point. I just want to get a job that doesn't require me to think and is tiresome enough for me to stop thinking and feeling. That is my plan for now.
>>
>>36049729
You're basically saying that we should stop desiring (to be happy, in this case). There's one small problem: you can't. You can only desire to stop desiring, and you're back to square one.
>>
>>36049909
No, I smoke alot of weed instead.
>>
>>36050121
But why? If I can become busy enough to stop caring about other people and be more like an actual robot that is used on a factory and only performs one task for the rest of life, I can forget about my desires and feelings, can't I? Maybe work extra hours without days off. Just to serve one purpose.
>>
>>36050032
What are the possible consequences of me becoming unemotional but hard-working member of society?
>>
>>36049729
sounds like a pansy move. i'd rather struggle and fail.
>>
>>36050201
No, you can't. Trust me, this is just not how it works. This whole meme of distracting yourself will never work because you do it for the very specific reason of distracting yourself. Deep down you know what you lack (happiness), and it's not by doing something else that you can escape that feeling.
>>
>>36050517
What if you fail again, and again, and again, every time?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.