[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Italians get so fucking defensive and emotional over food?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

Why do Italians get so fucking defensive and emotional over food? You go to a Gordon Ramsay video about making pasta and look at the comments and you see "I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT MICHELIN STARS THAT'S NOT HOW YOU COOK PASTA. I'M ITALIAN MY GRANDPA SHOWED ME, PASTA IS IN MY BLOOD, YOU COME TO ITALY I SHOW YOU HOW TO MAKE PASTA"
>>
It's both a meme and a cultural thing, we're just half serious. Our cuisine is quite famous and widespread across the world so it's quite common to see bastardised versions of our dishes pretending to be real Italian food, which is if not disrespectful quite cringy (spaghetti with meatballs for example, or pizza with pineapples).
>>
>>36045771
They've perfected sexual forwardness now they focus on the culinary arts
>>
>>36045771
>Why do Italians get so fucking defensive and emotional over food?

its all they have
>>
>>36045771
ahh! id love to visit italia someday.perhaps our paths will cross, it being a small world after all
>>
>>36045771
HE WAS IN THE INTERIOR MINISTRY

HE KILLED 16 CHECHEN REBELS WITH HIS BARE HANDS!
>>
>>36045771
Because everyone is inevitably a sperglord about something.
>>
>>36045771
>Be 2nd generation Italian
>Unironically hate every variation of spaghetti sauce beside's my family recipe

I'm actually chronically addicted to fast food.
>>
>>36045929
his house looked like shit
>>
>>36045818

>our
What a pathetic thing to do. How come it's always the idiots and stupid people who take pride for being born in a country of for being a certain nationality? They also take credit and say "we".

Nigga, you clicked auto-assign when you were born and now you're acting as if you built an empire with your own hands. I guess it's because they have nothing else going on for them and they have to resort to pathetic things like that. Too bad they're too retarded to become self-aware of their idiocy.
>>
File: 1490929851614.png (91KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1490929851614.png
91KB, 500x500px
>>36045963
>I'm actually chronically addicted to fast food.

same senpai
>>
>>36045771
Gordon Ramsay is a fucking hack. That's probably why.
>>
>>36045963

That doesn't have to do with nationality or anything. You're just used to your families food and it might taste "better".
I'm from a completely irrelevant nation, yet I dislike any type of food that's not made by my mother.
>>
>>36045963

So...what's the recipe? Don't leave us hanging, fratello.
>>
>>36045771

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYhKDweME3A

That does seem rather odd, but if you're just going to eat that as is, fine. But if you're serving with a red sauce, I wouldn't add that much olive oil. I always pour the sauce over the pasta and let it rest a bit so it can absorb the flavors, negating the need for salting it further or adding olive oil or black pepper. This is also why pasta dishes taste even better the next day.
>>
>>36045771
Reminder that most Italian food isn't actually from Italy
>>
>>36045818
>Pizza
>Itallian

Lol pick one there bud.
>>
>>36047239

Pizza is Italian. However, American pizza is better because there was better and more ingredients available to Italian immigrants that came to America.
>>
>>36045818
>things need to stay the exact same way they were a thousand years ago
This is why your country never progresses. You wops didn't even invent pasta.
>>
Italianon here.

It's a big meme.
>We're used to our tastes.
>We go around the world and eat stuff that we don't like because we're used to our tastes.
>We tell the world "hey, if you would do like we do you would have better stuff, you know?"
The end.

Porcoddio i normi.
>>
>>36045771
For me it depends on whether someone butchering an Italian recipe is going to claim it's Italian food or not.

Like "Italian" restaurants in foreign countries which do not make anything anywhere near Italian food.
>>
>>36045992
Well I'm Italian. It's my cuisine too, what should I say, they? Lol
>>36047239
Fight me irl
>>36047362
>impling Italian chefs don't experiment
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.