[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Rick and morty, robot or normie or somewhere inbetween? I'm

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

Rick and morty, robot or normie or somewhere inbetween? I'm standing more normie territory on this one, the concept isnt exceptionally unique and It just appeals to the increasingly normie nihlistic ideals/mindset.
>>
it's Reddit and Memey
>>
File: 1407867278829.gif (120KB, 483x464px) Image search: [Google]
1407867278829.gif
120KB, 483x464px
There are plenty of great and enjoyable shows, movies, bands, video games etc. that are essentially for normalfags. In fact I'd say that's the case for most of them. The problem with Rick and Morty is that it's shit.
>>
>>36038940
It's kind of interesting how cool it's become to hate this how since Reddit picked it up. I remember before season 2 aired, you'd get torn apart on here for talking shit about it.
>>
Rick and Morty is a very basic cartoon, and I mean that in an earnest, non-normalfag sense. It presents "moral dilemmas" that the viewer, likely a liberal 20-something, will pretend to give a shit about but actually there's no dilemma at all, because the right option is the liberal-progressive "do what you want, nothing matters, just be nice to people" nihilistic, materialistic dogma.

The show is "fine", but it really didn't need a second season, or a third season for that matter. The joke of Rick being an asshole wore thin, then they tried to make him actually likable and now he just comes across as a pathetic shit who abuses and misuses people while suffering no ill consequence himself.
>>
>>36038940
its normie af
i dont even see why people like it, forced myself to watch three episodes, still cant tell.
its just an average cartoon.
>>
>>36039119
It relates to the current explosion of "depression/nihilism meme" culture. If you go on some normalfag site like Facebook, Reddit or Tumblr, there's a huge population of users making epik mememes about "wanting 2 die" and shit like that. Rick and Morty has very entry level nihilistic themes, often espoused by Rick (and famously by Morty in one scene). That's why it's so popular. If you're not in it for the "depth", you can at least enjoy the gore and swearing.
>>
>>36038940
retarded and autistic piece of shit show that should've never been made
>>
>>36038940
It's only "deep" for people that haven't done any philosophical research of their own.

That said, it has some funny moments.
>>
>>36039134
but its so sad that it is like this. and i didnt really see it in the episodes i watched. it was only stuff like "haha im drunk and i drink bc life sucks" but thats not even entry level, thats shit level.
maybe im just hating it because i would have liked it a few years before.
>>
You guys are all autistic lol. Rick and Morty is just a great show and that's all there is to it. You'd hate your own mom if she got famous you bunch of angry nerds
>>
>typed in rick and morty in youtube
>"best of rick from rick and morty"
>some guy talking about buttholes while burping
this is 21st century culture
>>
>>36039161
I think a couple of times over the course of the series, the characters go on short spiels about how short and pointless life is and how you just need to "enjoy yourself".

>>36039182
>Not already hating your mom
>>
File: thomas.jpg (42KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
thomas.jpg
42KB, 300x250px
>>36039225
>people fall more and more for the hedonism meme
how do we stop it?
>>
I loved season 1 and 2. Think its one of the best shows as far as normal mainstream cartoons go. I thought the show was funny. The newest episode kinda sucked though.
>>
>>36038940
implying that aqua teen hunger force could ever be replaced
>>
>>36039261
You can't, really. What else do they have to live for? Their heritage is actively vilified, their future is bleak and filled with brown hordes, they'll never be able to afford families or a decent standard of living. The youth are fucked, my dude.
>>
>>36039277
I like how they fried a cheese filled cow...
>>
>>36038940
I enjoy it for the sci-fi themes presented, but I don't think it's terribly deep or meaningful
>>
Pseudo intellectual reddit-tier garbage unfunny forced shit.
>>
>>36039277
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPmbtu3IUOg
was this the best intro?
>>
It's literally Plebbit: The TV Show

An "adult" cartoon (where every single adult acts like an annoying teenager) full of shitty generic sci fi, simplistic and self serving "dude life is unfair lmao" philosophy and glorifying alcoholism. It's literally like plebbit wrote a tv show.
>>
It's kinda like Family Guy. Some of the jokes are good.
>>
File: 1484816412783.jpg (99KB, 500x500px)
1484816412783.jpg
99KB, 500x500px
>people talking about all the philosophical reasons for why it's bad

I watch Rick and Morty for cool sci-fi stuff and humor

I haven't heard anyone say they like show for the philosophies
>>
File: 1489798392906.jpg (1MB, 3961x3955px) Image search: [Google]
1489798392906.jpg
1MB, 3961x3955px
>>36039041
>The joke of Rick being an asshole wore thin, then they tried to make him actually likable and now he just comes across as a pathetic shit who abuses and misuses people while suffering no ill consequence himself.
That's the nature of an ENTP

Morty bein an ISFJ makes him gradually more likeable as well since he's got integrity and sticks to his well reasoned guns when it's obvious to him where he needs to stand

Rick doesn't like himself either
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.