[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Early 2000s kids of /r9k/: what is it that you miss from

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: 2000skid.png (70KB, 407x601px) Image search: [Google]
2000skid.png
70KB, 407x601px
Early 2000s kids of /r9k/: what is it that you miss from the early 2000s?
>>
Newgrounds and pre-2007 /b/
>>
I miss the old Kanye, straight from the Go Kanye
Chop up the soul Kanye, set on his goals Kanye
>>
>>36026593
i miss vidya before MMO games took over
>>
>>36026593
I liked it when the internet wasn't being used for absolutely everything. I don't want to sign
in just to watch a video, I don't want to miss out on parties because I don't have normiebook
and I don't want to send heartfelt messages by making someone's phone display a few
pixels.
>>
stop asking this on every board
>>
>>36026593
>Early 2000s kids of /r9k/: what is it that you miss from the early 2000s?
1997 here

Don't remember shit desu
I never got into video games
I never got into tv shows
Never played any sports or had any friends

I'm not sure how I filled my time back then but then again I don't really do anything now either
>>
>>36026593
2000's cartoon network
>>
Nickelodeon up till 2006
>>
Born 1994 here.

I was obviously very young in the early 2000s so I wasn't very aware of music trends/politics. I guess I kinda miss Cartoon Network.

I remember seeing emo types around. Around 2003/2004 I volunteered at an Egyptian museum (used to like that stuff when I was a kid). I met a seriously emo guy called Max who was 15 at the time. He had long black hair and got me listen to some music.
>>
>>36026593
My carefree life. I actually had friends back then.
>>
>>36026593
didn't have any worries
>>
File: George W Bush Miss me yet.jpg (25KB, 300x239px) Image search: [Google]
George W Bush Miss me yet.jpg
25KB, 300x239px
I miss Bush. So much funnier than Trump and Obama.
>>
fking new fags, all about being a 90's kid.
>>
I remember when no one around me had the internet. If I could have grown up without it I think that would have been nice
>>
Legends of the Hidden Temple, mostly. That whole channel would keep me up all night every night over summer break. I used to steal caramel apple dip and eat with a spoon at like midnight watching that shit.
>>
>>36026593
>kids with a 90s influence
>born 94

what the fuck 90s influence would a 6 year old even have

Also

>born 1993
>90s kid

what is this dumb nonsense
>>
94 here. The internet was great, along with mmos and other shit. It was like venturing into the wild west where you never knew what'd you encounter.

Console gaming was the shit and very enjoyable. I may be biased, but it feels like gaming in general died with the coming of age of this gen.

Besides that, dunno. I imagine being born in the 80s was alot more fun overall.
>>
Anyone born in the 90s are part of the cancer generation.

1979-1989 are the robot years.
>>
>>36029484
You'd be surprised. All of the memorable 90s shows, movies, TV shows, anime, video games, snacks, etc. were still popular up 'till ~2006 and things like heelys were still a thing up until about 2006 as well.
>>
File: 1482167348432.jpg (26KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1482167348432.jpg
26KB, 500x376px
Born in 92, graduated high school in 2011. I remember us getting a computer for the first time and trying to play runescape on dial-up. I remember how hyped I was when I my mom reluctantly agreed to pay my 5 dollar a month membership, and walking through the members area gates for the first time.

I miss secretly staying up to 2am watching adult swim, watching shows like ATHF, trigun, ghost in the shell, and death note. I miss riding my bike around because I actually liked it, now I think it's a chore and would rather take a car.

Kids today will never know what it's like to have to print out a packet of mapquest directions when going somewhere several hours away, and while en route, in an area you never been in before, you find that a road you need to take is closed.
>>
File: buggeddownbunny.jpg (16KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
buggeddownbunny.jpg
16KB, 500x368px
>>36026593
>83

I knew people born in 84 who graduated early in 2001, due to being in kindergarten for only 6 months.

It's late 80's/early 90's kids in their late 20's to early 30's killing gen Y.

All the boomers enable their pc/sjw childish tendencies, anon's like myself are seen as isolates who need to be like them.
>>
The internet.
>Vanilla/BC WoW
>Newgrounds
>early YouTube ('06 - '10)
>>
File: 1486702840854.jpg (7KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
1486702840854.jpg
7KB, 249x249px
>>36026593
Being 4 years old
>>
File: kurisu (4).jpg (999KB, 2856x4096px) Image search: [Google]
kurisu (4).jpg
999KB, 2856x4096px
Don't really know if I miss anything that much. Maybe granpa would be nice to have back but then on the other hand he'd be sad to see where I've ended up.
>>
>>36031022
>. I remember how hyped I was when I my mom reluctantly agreed to pay my 5 dollar a month membership,
Will never know this feel
>>
File: IMG_4074.jpg (137KB, 1000x527px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4074.jpg
137KB, 1000x527px
>>36026593
>Watching rugrats with my sissy and younger brother
>going over to my neighbor's house to play gameboy/gamecube
Not specific to the time period, but I still miss
>playing football with the neighborhood kids in the front yard
>sleeping in a tent in the back yard with my dad and siblings
>going over to my grandparent's house and watching Boomerang before falling asleep on the super comfy air mattress
>being young enough that i didn't have to worry about life like I do now
>having innocence, hopes, and dreams
>not being a depressed suicidal loser with absolutely nothing to keep me going
If only I could go back in time
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.