[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, my dog that I've owned for 7 years is about to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

Alright, my dog that I've owned for 7 years is about to go through a surgery that might kill her. How do I emotionally prepare for the potential death of her?

This is her as a puppy
>>
>>36017776
it's a dog OP, does it really matter that much?
>>
>>36017776
As someone who thinks about his dogs death 24/7

Just do nice things with her.
Pet her lots. Walk her if you can.
Give her a reasonable amount of treats.

Do things you always wanted to do with her.
Dogs don't think about death as much as us, they just are in the moment.

I'm rambling mostly because im reflecting about myself and my dog but, best of luck to you friend
>>
>>36017776
Cute pupper

You've given her a good life, that's all she would want from you and that's all you can ask of yourself. I'm sure she's very happy, what more could she ask? All that said, dogs are actually quite tough when it comes to surgery recovery so try not to worry too much just yet senpai.

>>36017799
Faggot
>>
Hit tha muthafuckin bawng nigga
>>
>>36017799
Not op, but If you had a dog, you'd know the compassion and love you can get from a pet because it is your only friend, and it might die

Think about that
A friendship you built for years is going to fade
>>
>>36017799
kill yourself. or your mom. i mean, she's just a dog anyway, does it really matter that much?
>>
>>36017799
Fuck off

Dogs are man's best friend.
>>
show her now
>>
>>36017799
nah
adoadowaodwo
>>
File: 1489768509515.png (947B, 416x454px) Image search: [Google]
1489768509515.png
947B, 416x454px
>>36017855
I have had numerous cats and a dog and I have never thought they were more than a novelty. Actually I find they just trash shit and piss me off, and what good is a companion if you can't talk to it.
>>
>>36017867
I take care of my dad who has dementia and I wish he would die every single second I take care of him.
>>
>>36017922
I agree with you and never understood
>but le emotional bonding.
It is like bonding with an object, it could be an entirely different dog and the behaviour of it towards the owner and of the owner towards it would be mostly the same. Bonding with something without a personality is stupid. Almost as stupid as the animal itself
>>
>>36018006
Exactly, they aren't unique, they might as well be robots.
>>
>>36018027
>>36018006
>>36017922
you're probably just borderline sociopaths, no reason to worry
>>
>>36018027
I hate the mental gymnastics pet owners make while differantiating between farm animals and animals they own.
>Oh, they are only there to be slaughtered anyway
These people are almost as insuffarable as the vegetarians and vegans who think animals are humans. There is no difference between a dog and a pig that is only bred to be turned into a steak, only a difference in what emotions you decide to associate with it. Normalfags give you so much shit for pointing this out.
>>
>>36017776
it's a fucking dog, get over it
>>
File: 798.png (306KB, 593x540px) Image search: [Google]
798.png
306KB, 593x540px
>>36018027
>>36018006

Could you possibly samefag even harder?
It's okay to be wrong, anon.
>>
File: photo.jpg (69KB, 497x498px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
69KB, 497x498px
>>36018006
Not being able to form connections with potentially beneficial forces in this world is a sign of inferior genetic quality.

You people who lack even the simplest aspects of effective humanity repulse me to the highest degree.
>>
File: anonBTFO.png (71KB, 1699x704px) Image search: [Google]
anonBTFO.png
71KB, 1699x704px
>>36018085
>lel, there can't be more than one person who doesn't share my opinion
>>
File: 333.png (50KB, 358x168px) Image search: [Google]
333.png
50KB, 358x168px
>>36018085
whatever you say fag

utlra orgeno
>>
>>36018006
if you ever had a lot of pets you'd realize that they each have their own personality

t. a person who used to have 8 rabbits at home
>>
>>36018108
>forming emotional bonds with objectively inferior beings is a huge benefit
Maybe I could if I wanted, but I see no need in that. They are more of a task than a benefit. Also I think you are confusing domesticating an animal and obsessing over it, because that has no benefit whatsoever except for muh feefees.
>>
You can't prepare yourself for something like this...Just prepare yourself to sit and cry for hours if she doesn't make it.
>>
>>36018146
>this rabbit jumps differently than that one and pushes others away when I put food in the cage
"Personality" of pets are simply an interpretation by the owner. Of course they develop an own behaviour, but personality is more than that. Animals don't have the mental capacity to question themselves, to develop thoughts for themselves that fo further than their basic instincts. The only thing that makes domesticated animals different from wild ones is dependance on their owner.
>>
Just spend lots of quality time with them, OP. Give them treats and lay with them and just focus on all of the good times you've had. Don't listen to these people saying negative things, they just don't know what it's like to have a dog companion because it's really one of the nicest things.

My biggest mistake is rushing the day I had to put my dog down. I was scared and hurt and wanted to get it over with, if I could go back in time I'd make that day last forever. I'm sorry for your loss OP, she looked like a cute pupper. If she does pass, at least she'll be at peace finally and you can be eventually happy knowing you showed her love and that's all she'll remember.
>>
>>36018250
>cage
heh

anyway it's MUCH more than that, obviously you're not gonna have any fucking deep conversations with them because you can't communicate but you can tell their personalities appart the same way you'd do it with small children
you'll notice it if you ever get the chance of being around a lot of animals for a long period of time

i don't think wild animals are any different either btw
>>
>>36019006
Even if you could communicate, the "language" barrier isn't what keeps you from communicating with them. It's the simple fact that they don't have a developed enough brain to develop independent thought or a personality. A young child has already way more personality than an animal.
>>
File: 20161117_144652.jpg (1MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20161117_144652.jpg
1MB, 2576x1932px
>>36019122
they really don't but i'm not gonna waste my time arguing with you because i know you're not gonna listen to what i have to say
just remember that i'm talking from experience while you're kinda talking out your ass

imma just tell you again, if you ever get the chance of being around a lot of animals for a long time you will probably notice, so if that opportunity ever comes around do it and get your opinion from whatever it is that you see
>>
>>36019122

>independent thought

No such thing exists. The concept doesn't even make sense.
>>
>>36019746
I'll rephrase it then, they don't have any form of consciousness beyond their basic instincts. They can't think of themselves as being with thoughts.
>>
>>36017776
uuuuuuuuh is that doggos name bianca by chance
>>
>>36017776
Why does she have that fucking gay look on her face?
>>
>>36019934
hei anneline
>>
>>36020583
Hei fredrik
>>
>>36020689
hei james
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.