[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Realistically speaking how many sleeping hours does the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: becky38.jpg (66KB, 300x374px) Image search: [Google]
becky38.jpg
66KB, 300x374px
Realistically speaking how many sleeping hours does the human body really need?
>>
>>36009829
It depends on who you are. I function fine on 4-6 hours a night but I know people who can't deal with less than 8.
>>
File: 1485217422384.jpg (233KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1485217422384.jpg
233KB, 1000x1000px
>>36009829
thats a girl right i need o know before i fap
>>
>>36010239
Does it really matter at this point for you?
>>
File: News_Sleep_FortWood_1.jpg (33KB, 350x274px) Image search: [Google]
News_Sleep_FortWood_1.jpg
33KB, 350x274px
>>36009829
6 or 7 is probably right on the money

If you go over 8 you're getting too much and you'll feel like shit all day

5 or below and you're going to be yawning constantly

48 hours no sleep and the lines between this world and the next start to blur
>>
Around eight. With six - seven people typically report that they feel fine and aren't tired. However they perform as though notably impaired on a variety of cognitive tests. Fewer than six and you will start to feel tired.
>>
>>36009829
It honestly just depends on your body chemistry. Some people can function perfectly fine on 4 hours. Other need at least 7.
Though I don't know long term effects of just 4 hours a night.
>>
Really only 4.

You can function just fine on cycle sleeping of only 2 hour naps over a day though just fine. But really its mostly just what you're used to. If you are only ever used to say 8 hours, anything less isn't gonna cut it outside of rare times.

Also who is the big titty chick?
>>
>>36010417
Becky rabbit

She's a camwhore
>>
>>36010758
Much love anon.
>>
>>36009829
Only 2 hours

>>36010282
>5 or below and you're going to be yawning constantly
You yawn when your brain needs more oxygen retard
>>
I feel tired and irritable if I get less than 9 hours, 10 is optimal
>>
>>36011274
Wow scientists still have idea why we yawn I'm so glad you got it figured out for us thanks.
>>
>>36010417
This desu
Sleep is more about quality of quantity (with quality being REM sleep), you can function on 30 minute power naps, granted that you are in REM sleep for those naps.
>>
>>36010758
She's fugly
>Men will still jackoff to that
>>
6, but It always takes me like 2hrs to fall asleep so I usually end up sleeping for 8 :(.
>>
>>36011274
You should probably kill yourself friendo
>>
It depends, There are so many variables to this question that's impossible to give a single definitive answer. I think generally speaking though 6-8 hours of sleep is enough for most people.
>>
>>36009829
It comes down to REM sleep. That's the state in which your body recovers and you really only need a couple hours of REM sleep but most people can't hit that level of depth until like 4-5 hours in. You can train yourself to access it earlier though so you don't have to sleep as much overall.
>>
>>36010282
>48 hours no sleep and the lines between this world and the next start to blur
>only 48 hours
>that massive exaggeration
lol
>>
>>36011274
that's why olympic sprinters are always yawning right? lmao
>>
>>36011727
How? Any links to study this method?
>>
>>36009829
when I feel good 7 is the spot
when depressed i.e now, i go up to 10

healthy human beings can do with just 6 hours.

At the start of last semester when I was really motivated I only needed 5 hours of sleep and I was energetic the whole day. I felt like Donald Trump.
>>
Everyone's brain is going to be different. Your body has a network of vessels known as the lymphatic system. Your cells poop and the lymphatic system disposes of that poop.

Your brain is different though. The lymphatic system is not present in your brain. While you sleep your brain is flooded with cerebrospinal fluid. This fluid washes over the neural cells collecting the poop which accumulates while awake.

The reason why your brain has no lymphatic vessels is because your neural cells need to be in a tight and specific configuration in order to operate properly.

The amount of sleep you require is directly proportional to the amount of poop your neural cells secrete.
>>
>>36009829
Sleep debt is a thing, it's not that simple.

If I'm well rested, I can go a couple nights on 6 hours and be totally fine...past that it starts to wear down on me and I'm just tired all the time. Then I need to get a night or two of 9-10 hours to catch back up.

Unless I'm sleep deprived I can do 7 hours a night, sleep in on weekends and generally be fine. But if left to what's comfortable with no stress or outside pressure I'll get 8-9 hours a night.

6 is just not enough to maintain though, sure I can get up and function but I'm tired all the time past a couple days.

Anyway then depression and insomnia come along and everything's just fucked, can't sleep til 6 or 7am but nothing to get out of bed for and sleeping in is the only real pleasure I get for the day so forcing myself up before 2 in the afternoon is torture.
>>
>>36012326
yeah you know you will feel fine (except for being dead tired of course) but you won't be to anybody in a clear state of mind

delirium induced by sleep deprivation has this kind of effect that the stuff that evaluates your behaviour on a rational basis gets shut down first
>>
>>36009829
8 or you'll never make any gainz
>>
2 to prevent death

the 'sleep debt' meme will catch up to you
>>
>>36010273
It's the principle of the thing, I'm not a degenerate.
If it's not a girl (boy), I will not beat my meat to it.
>>
>>36009829
24 per day for me
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.