[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think your life would've be better if you lived in

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: img-3608.jpg (121KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
img-3608.jpg
121KB, 1024x768px
Do you think your life would've be better if you lived in the Southwestern United States during the mid-to-late 19th century?

I'm from Poland and have never been to America, but I daydream all day about being a violent drifter in the old west. But then I realize that maybe things in the old west would've been the same or worse for me.

Drunk normies being loud at the saloon while i'm trying to have a drink. Chad showing off his skills with a pistol or horseback riding to Stacy while I struggle to even mount a horse or talk to a girl without spilling my ol' west spaghetti.

How would your life be?
>>
File: eastwood_good_ugly.jpg (866KB, 1024x793px) Image search: [Google]
eastwood_good_ugly.jpg
866KB, 1024x793px
I think I'd be happier. Life would definitely seem to have more meaning then it does now.
>>
>>36009618
That pic doesn't even look like the US. No desert here looks like that.
>>
>>36009696
It's a desert in Spain. I'm poor and I'm polish so I'll never be able to go to America and experience the true glorious old west.

That's why I'll just save up for a short trip to the Tabernas Desert in Spain. I'll find a place to sit alone and pretend I'm a drifter in 1800s America. I can't afford a horse and never rode one, so I'll just sit and walk...
>>
>>36009618
>Chad showing off his skills with a pistol or horseback riding to Stacy
Chad and Stacies didn't exist back then because dumb shit like sjws, rape culture, lgbt rights, and reddit didn't exist back then so there were no superficial people.
>>
I dream of living on the coast of california before everything got built and destroyed.

I just wanna be a chill surfer , creating paintings and shapin boards..growing marijuana and my own food in my cottage overlooking the pacific and coastal cliffs.

It really is too bad there's so many fucking people out here in california. It is the perfect landscape in my opinion. ocean, desert, mountains everything in one place.
>>
>tfw living in the American southwest in the 21st century
FUCK WE NEED TO GO BACK
>>
>>36009618
No and the fact that anyone thinks 19th century living could possibly compare to the early 21st shows how ignorant and pigheaded 2017 r9k is
>>
>>36010199
Tell me exactly what is wrong with 19th century living, anon
>>
File: IMG_0085.png (1MB, 2166x1212px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0085.png
1MB, 2166x1212px
I want to go even farther back and and hang out with aliens and superhumans
>>
>>36010294
Plenty, but the lack of appreciation that dudebros show for the modern world they were born into is the most obnoxious thing
This is the safest and most luxurious life has ever been, anyone ignorant enough of this to think that the 1800s weren't pretty fucking miserable on dozens of different levels clearly doesn't know much about either the 19th or 21st century
Sorry if you all find selfies or whatever so annoying, but if you can't find happiness in the 21st century I would not recommend trying to find it 150 years ago in a world with far more limitations and difficulties
>>
>>36010409
That's the issue though, to struggle is to be human. To have to earn your right to live is a fulfilling thing for people and especially autists.
>>
I live here and this place is a fucking shit hole. Everyone who is old is an immense fucking faggot. They ruin EVERYTHING. They tried to vote out our FUCKING FIRE DEPARTMENT. They voted out marijuana legalization but promote opioid usage. Anyone who wears or does cowboy shit is a fucking beaner or a faggot in general. Tombstone is hot and tiny and gay ass fuck. Fucking cactus and cat claw everywhere. Fucking I hate all of it IN THE FUTURE. I couldn't imagine living in the immense shithole in the past. Fucking Hell. Living here has ruined my life. There are no jobs. Narrow minded hick faggots with an iq of 70 and 92% of high schoolers fail standardized testing I could pass in fucking freshman year. Ill never be anything or succeed at all and live in extreme poverty because of living in this fucking shithole.
>>
>>36010409
Yes, but if we were born in the 19th century, we wouldn't be "spoiled" by all of the qualities of the 21st century and wouldn't be concerned about the lack of luxuries and could find peace.

>1800s weren't pretty fucking miserable on dozens of different levels
Jesus, man. I know I don't know THAT much about U.S. history, but if you weren't black, then it couldn't have been that fucking brutal. I mean, shit.

You make it sound like it's impossible to live a chill and happy lifestyle in 1800s America. It's not like the 14th century with the plague and shit.
>>
>>36010500
Yeah we worked and dug in mines here you dumb faggot. LOTS OF FUN
>>
>>36009696
>>36009814

What are you talking about?

That sort of looks like parts of the Mojave or the Chihuahan Desert.

That's why they shot Westerns in Spain.
>>
>>36010500
I'm aware of what the 1800s were like. They were a big step up from previous centuries. They were a far cry from future ones. That doesn't mean people who live in 2017 aren't idiots for being unable to appreciate the amazing world they were born into, or thinking that petty bullshit like social media is enough to make the modern era anything except the blatantly most comfortable and fortunate time to live in.
>>
>>36009618
Aside from the random gunfights, the west is still like this. It's my favorite part of the US. Horses have been replaced V8s, but your dream is still here.

There still time my Polish friend.
>>
>>36010409
This is true if your only measure of fulfillment is sensory pleasure and comfort. The cities would have sucked ass, but the vitality of the open country is powerful even today.

Spend a few days in the Rockies or Big Bend and tell me you don't feel rejuvenated on a primal level
>>
>>36010170
Fuck yeah. Objectively the greatest land in the country overrun with fags
>>
File: 29pu26v.png (559KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
29pu26v.png
559KB, 600x600px
Don't listen to these dumb faggots op they don't live in this asshole.
>>
>>36009696
Looks like all of Nevada.
>>
>>36010642
I know. I'm a countryside recluse who specifically aims for a slow life that has as few people and places as possible.

I could argue my point in detail, especially since I imagine you have a pretty poorly-substantiated opinion, but I don't see any reason to bother. It's an anonymous forum, I might be willing to waste my time with online friends but not strangers. Life being better in the 2000s than the 1800s is such an obvious thing I shouldn't have to argue it. There was a massive increase in quality of life during the 20th century that should be inarguable to any reasonable person.
>>
>>36010767
No need to be such a cunt m8, I see what you mean. I was making a comparison between a total engrossment in modern America and the detachment of the old west, obviously the best scenario is isolation + modern technology/medicine
>>
>>36009618
The old west still wasn't as violent as modern day Chicago
>>
>>36010814
Haha. Sorry for being a dick. I'm a technology lover whose nerves were worn down by anti-progress, anti-science Luddites years ago. You don't seem to fall into that category, but threads like these hit a raw spot for me. Things like Deep Learning and more powerful computing will go a long way towards curing diseases and making the world a better place, and so my loyalty goes to the present and future rather than the past.
>>
Hey, OP! Greetings from North Dakota. How's the weather in Poland, currently?

I'm a U.S. history major, and I can give you a little insight on what the southwestern American region was like in the late 1800s and what life would've been for you or the typical "robot" from /r9k/.

Well, a lot of towns and homes are still completely fucked from the civil war a couple years back. So, expect that. Besides that....

Yes, it's completely possible to life a happy and "somewhat" safe life in the southwest during the 19th century. But not exactly a chill life. Back then EVERYBODY had to work and if you don't live in a large east coast city, it'll likely be near impossible to find a job that doesn't involve hard and possibly dangerous manual labor, which was the most common job back then.

Also, better know how to ride a horse! That was he main form of transportation back then, and about 70% of the jobs in the southwest during this time involving working as a ranch hand.

Not good with social situations? Damn, well, ranch hands are constantly around other men and it's a very masculine environment. In fact, bullying was common to those who were weaker or inadequate. So good luck being around a bunch of 19th century Chads.

Oh, your safety? Better not wander too far outside of town. Due to lack of centralized law enforcement (FBI didn't come into existence 'till early 20th century) violence was more commonplace.

In fact, people were a LOT more prone to violence back then since it was a significantly easier to get away with murder.

Oh and, Native Americans? Back then, unless they're raised around white people, native americans were fucking brutal and scary as shit back then, and a 12 year old commanche kid will not hesitate to scalp your ass

Oh, and niggers are still a bit bitter, even if they're free, so maybe one will sarcastically call you "Massa" just to be a dick.
>>
File: 1491195047191.jpg (70KB, 480x503px) Image search: [Google]
1491195047191.jpg
70KB, 480x503px
>>36010908
I have no idea where you got your history "degree" because you got seem to know jack shit about American history aside from what you've seen in westerns. First off.

>In fact, people were a LOT more prone to violence back then since it was a significantly easier to get away with murder.
Okay, the old west was not as nearly as violent as movies would lead you to believe, outside of the civil war. Most people still valued their lives like they do today, and did not constantly fire their six shooters around.

Fun fact: majority of recorded shooting deaths in the old west was where the victim was shot in the back. The whole stand-off duel thing is largely a myth. Nobody cares how fast you were with the draw back then. It's all about aim and getting a one up, just like real gunfights today.

>Native Americans? Back then, unless they're raised around white people, native americans were fucking brutal and scary as shit back then, and a 12 year old commanche kid will not hesitate to scalp your ass
Holy fuck you must be baiting. Native Americans largely stopped being violent at the beginning of the 19th century. Yeah, they were violent at first but it was sorta justified...

A lot of native americans were already integrated into regular american society by the mid to late 19th century. There were a bunch of Indian-only schools catering to native american children coming from the reservations. The ones that don't live with white people live peacefully on indian territory. And it wasn't uncommon for indians living on indian territory to trade shit like rifles and livestock with white people. Not exactly a hostile relationship.

The whole "indians are violent savages hurrr" is a meme as old as the old west itself.

>Oh, and niggers are still a bit bitter, even if they're free, so maybe one will sarcastically call you "Massa" just to be a dick.
I'm willing to bet that the majority of niggers back then were just happy they weren't FUCKING SLAVES anymore.
>>
>>36009814
Sounds very autistic, when you tell that story to Chadislaw say you "go hiking in Spain".
>>
File: 1489111491809.jpg (41KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1489111491809.jpg
41KB, 720x960px
fun fact: It's very easy to tell that spaghetti westerns were shot outside of the U.S. because of the lack of cacti. There is not a single cactus in any sergio lerone movie, or any other spaghetti western.

Cacti is native to north american deserts only the more you know
>>
>>36011495
>Holy fuck you must be baiting. Native Americans largely stopped being violent at the beginning of the 19th century. Yeah, they were violent at first but it was sorta justified...
Are you baiting? Little Bighorn was in 1876...
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.